MS Paint Gallery

Super quick sketch of my bug-type eeveelution design. I've always been rather fond of this so I might as well go and make a full body picture of it rather than leave it as a sprite.

Edit: Lineart done.

Cyber get!

I would have done more of the tiger but I kinda ran out of space heheheh. Next time i'll use more paper.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Slightly biased here, but I always had a soft spot for your hand-drawn art. I love the close attention to detail you paid on your subjects and no doubt you studied for quite awhile to get a feel of what you're doing.

All you recentwork is very well done! I particularly enjoy the wings.

Rousing me from my hit of artist's block, eh? :)

Congrats on the artist badge Wyverii! Your pixel-art and sprites have had a huge influence on my development as an artist and spriter. I hope we'll get to work together on future projects.

Insert badass Cyclohm drawing here
The clouds appear to be rolling forward; they seem to have a dynamism trapped within them that fits Cyclohm's cloud-like nature.

The wing pair also appeals to me - will they be attached to something in the future?

By the way, I am using the same avatar as I am currently using on a non-Smogon site. I hope you don't mind.

For those of you that don't frequent the CaP forums, this was my submission for the art design segment of CaP9. It reached joint 11th place with Scampy's submission and never made the second poll. I'm also doing work for the sprite section so if you'd like you could pop over and have a look at my current work there along with all the other sprite artists.

Rocket Grunt

✁ - - - - - - - - - -
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Man, the two chimera monsters you and KoA did are insane. It's like ridiculous that you have the talent and patience to make these with MS Paint through a mouse. Every line is so smooth and clean, this could easily be professional sprites for a real video game, dude. That tiger and the pair of wings are great too, do you think you could maybe get them in higher resolution? They look really grreat, but I think I can empathize with you about scanner bullshit, haha.

Alas, I wish something could be done with your CAP 9 sprite. It is an enigmatic spirit to it that some back story or context could develop/bring out.

Though I can't wait to see what you'll enter for CAP 10...

While waiting around for the next cap to get started I entered into a little exchange of artistic ideas with someone and finished this up later after drafting up a messy lineart. I should probably do Collosoil but figuring out how to pose the damn thing is a bit problematic for me at the moment ahaha.

As for the piece itself it's a dog that was infected as a puppy by a gel-like creature changing its growth and reinforcing parts that happened to get deformed like the lower jaw and claws. The hound is a pet and acts as a store for symbiont material for use by its human owner. It reaches about 5'6" standing normally and makes a good mount.

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
I love the detail you put into the chest area of that sprite Wyverii; very good work. =]

I suppose this is rather minor, but.. did the gel eat it's nose, as well? If not, shouldn't the nose be poking above the jaw gel? Otherwise fantastic, I love it.

Haha, yeah it doesn't have much of a nose anymore bynine but fair dos to that observation. Actually, a lot of the original teeth are gone too but the art doesn't show that off. Thanks to the commenters. Just to make sure this isn't an artless post, here's a super quick doodle:

Collossoil outline, and trust me I had a lot of fun doing this one. I did this pose to tribute those gutsy enough to submit jumping sprites while collossoil was being made. It'll be coloured soon enough. I've also reorganised the OP so sadly no more potatopass but it looks cleaner now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)