SM UU Mrs Robinson (500+ posts!)

(No banner this time because I don't feel like it)

(Click sprites for importable)

And Here's to you, Mrs Robinson!

Hi. I know this is early, and obviously this will be locked, but I posted early for a reason. School is ending this week, and I don't have any other means to post RMT's during the summer to my knowledge at this point. The two week cool down ends next Tuesday, but I'm posting today because this is basically my last chance to post a RMT before my school PC is returned. Sorry for making you lock this, and I hope you 3 have a nice day!

Best wishes,
Sickist

Hello everyone! Sickist here, back with another USUM UU Rate My Team! I hit 500 posts a little bit ago, and thats a stepping stone, so yay! I have no life! Anyways, recently, I posted a core in the UU Cores thread, featuring Flame Orb Stored Power Latias alongside Magneton (it shows specs but it can be scarfed too). I then went back and built a team around it, because it's a cool Latias set, and a fun core in general. This will probably be my last RMT for a while, due to school ending and me doing all this stuff on my School computer. I can still be here to update projects and stuff, so you all haven't rid of me yet :]. Anyways, hope you all enjoy the team, and let's get into this!

I. Team-Building Process

The stars of the show. Latias has been a top tier threat for the entire generation, even sometimes causing suspect discussion around players due to how centralizing it is. Latias can run numerous sets, from Calm Mind, to Scarf, or even the recently discovered Electrium. This set in particular solves on of Latias' main issues, which is being quite prone to toxic as a CM sweeper. Anyways, with the Flame Orb burning it, alongside Stored Power, allow it to act as a Stallbreaker, as literally the only thing stoping Latias here is something like Haze Articuno.

Magneton complements Latias quite well, as the set this Latias is running is dead walled by steels. Magneton's niche in the tier comes from it's ability, Magnet Pull, which allows it to trap steel types, and remove them. Being able to remove or severely weaken things like Empoleon and Scizor is invaluable to this Latias set, which makes Magneton a prime partner. Latias benefits Magneton, however, in the way of Latias' ability and typing, letting Latias check Fire, Fighting, and most Ground Types that would delete Magneton.

With the core out of the way, I needed a way to control hazards, as well as help handle things like NP Ape, since Latias was running Stored Power. Tentacruel was my choice for this slot, as it does just that stuff, as well as check Primarina and help check Scizor with Magneton. Tentacruel is a solid addition to the team due to these factors, as well as helping to keep settup sweepers in check via Haze. Tentacruel checks Fairies alongside Magneton and appreciates Latias checking Psychic, Ground, and Electric types.

With Latias being a top tier threat that needs checked, as well as my team needing a Wallbreaker, Choice Band Scizor was added in. Scizor gives my team the after-mentioned Latias check and Wallbreaker my team desired, as well as forming a solid VoltTurn core with Magneton. Scizor also helps ease the Mega Aerodactyl matchup, being that my scarfer is Magneton which cannot outpace Mega Aerodactyl, by being able to shred it with Bullet Punch. Being also able to threaten steels that Magneton can't successfully trap is always a bonus, and being able to pursuit trap psychics helps Latias.

Gligar gives the team a Ground Type, which is essential to bulky offensive teams, as well as a Stealth Rocker. Gligar is the main Terrakion answer on the team, as well as helps check Cobalion and Doublade. Gligar helps Latias check Ground and Fighting types, which eases up Latias to only have to come in when it has too. Gligar appreciates Magneton taking on water types and Scizor threatening most of the tier's rockers. Gligar also forms a hazard core with Tentacruel, which is also the majority of the team's defensive backbone.

A major part of any successful BO team in the current metagame is a way to counteract Hydreigon. Florges was my team's way of doing that. I chose Florges over Sylveon due to needing the instant recovery to better handle things like Krookidile. Orange Florges because it's more aesthetically pleasing. Florges is, like I said, my Hydreigon answer, helps keep Dragons from spamming Dragon Stab, as well as handles Wish passing to keep Tentacruel, Scizor, and potentially Magneton all healthy. Florges completes the defensive backbone to my team as well.

II. In-Depth Look

Latias @ Flame Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 168 HP / 68 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
Calm Mind
Stored Power
Ice Beam
Roost

This Latias set is quite unique, as it functions as a stall-breaker. Flame Orb burns Latias, so you cannot be toxic'd, which is great for setting up with Calm Mind. Said Calm Mind boosts your Special Attack and Defense by 1 Stage. Stored Power gains 20 more Base Power for every stat boost you gain, which it's sheer power when boosted is unmanagable for basically anything that isn't immune to it. For Example, a +3/+3 Latias 2HKO's standard Mega Aggron from full 100% of the time. Stored Power also muscles through unaware users, making this set an efficient Stallbreaker. Finally, Ice Beam is in the last slot to give Latias somewhat of an offensive presence without boosting, while threatening Hydreigon, Krookidile, and hitting everything else for decent neutral damage. The EV spread is a little complex, so let me explain it. The Special Attack EVs are for Latias to always 2HKO 4 SpDef Hydreigon with Ice Beam. The Speed is obviously Max Speed. Finally, the rest of the EVs are put into HP to make Latias as bulky as possible.

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
Thunderbolt

Volt Switch

Flash Cannon
Hidden Power [Fire]

Standard Scarf Magneton. Max Speed and Special Attack to hit and be as fast as possible. Thunderbolt is your main STAB attack that hits Water and Flying types for Super Effective damage, and doesn't switch you out. Volt Switch is a slightly weaker Thunderbolt that switches you out on use, providing momentum for the team. Flash Cannon is Magneton's other STAB attack, and hits Ice, Fairy, and Rock types for super effective damage. Hidden Power Fire is what makes Magneton be as effective as it is at trapping Scizor, being able to hit it for 4x super effective damage. Finally, a Choice Scarf gives Magneton a 1.5x boost to it's speed stat, making it faster then Mega Pidgeot and below.

Tentacruel @ Icium Z
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Timid Nature
Scald
Haze
Sludge Bomb
Rapid Spin

Standard Tentacruel. Scald threatens things with a burn, so you have an easier time spinning. Rapid Spin clears hazards from your side of the field, which is essential to keeping the team's longevity up. Sludge Bomb lets you actually threaten Primarina, which Tenta is the only switch-in to on the team, and it's no use switching in when you can't do much back. Haze removes all stat changes, effectively removing any setup attempts something like Scizor would try and pull off. Icium Z alongside Haze allows Tentacruel to gain a 1 time use full HP heal, although it doesn't cure status. Carrying the Z Crystal means Tentacruel isn't as prone to Scizor carrying Knock Off as well, which is always a bonus in my eyes.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
Bullet Punch
U-turn
Superpower
Pursuit

Scizor's Technician boosted Bullet Punches strike fear into the UU tier, picking off anything weak to it, and denting anything else that doesn't resist it. U-turn is Scizor's other STAB attack, allows Scizor to smack something and then switch out. Superpower nails Steel Types that would want to come in on a resist STAB combination, such as Cobalion or Empoleon. Pursuit is in the last slot to trap psychic types that Scizor generally forces out, such as Latias or Slowbro. Latias really appreciates the Pursuit support, as this particular set's least favorite things are Psychics. Knock Off is an alternative over Pursuit if you REALLY want Knock Off, and don't really mind not having Pursuit, but personally, I find Pursuit to be better.

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Impish Nature
Earthquake
Toxic
Roost
Stealth Rock

Earthquake is Gligar's main attack, letting it hit Rock, Poison, Steel, and Electric types for super effective damage. Roost lets Gligar stay healthy and let it consistently check what it needs to, such as Terrakion and Cobalion. Stealth Rocks are mandatory for any successful team, as they provide crucial chip damage on everything, wearing them down and putting them in range of Gligar's teammate's attacks. Gligar's typing allows it to be an efficient user of Toxic, which allows it to cripple bulky waters that would generally switch into Gligar scotch free, such as Slowbro, Jellicent, or Suicune. Scizor appreciates Gligar suprising fat waters with Toxic, letting them get worn down much faster for Scizor to eventually smash through and then let Latias clean.

Florges-Orange @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
Moonblast
Synthesis
Wish
Calm Mind

Moonblast is Florges' only attack, being STAB, it threatens high damage vs Dark, Fighting, and Dragon Types. Synthesis gives Florges instant recovery, which is useful in a pinch vs things like Krookidile. Wish provides half of Florges' max HP to any of Florges teammates. Calm Mind is an interesting tech that allows Florges to do better vs Calm Mind variants of Latias. The reason for no heal bell / aromatherapy on the set is due to Latias needing to stay burnt. Carrying and using said Heal Bell / Aromatherapy would screw that up, and allow Latias to be toxic'd, which would make it way less efficient at setting up, as well as being not very good at breaking stall as a whole.

III. Threat List

It's not so much dealing with it straight up, but the support it provides is really annoying for my team. Facing this thing at preview is a pain, especially due to the majority of my team either not enjoying a Knock Off or being prone to Muk's STABs. Best way to deal with Muk is to try and play around it or try and lure it. Playing aggressive in general works too.

Mega Houndoom getting a Nasty Plot is brutal to deal with. Flame Charge sets are particularly annoying, due to speed boosting putting it faster then Magneton. The best way to get around this is to chip it with hazards into range of either Magneton's attacks or Scizor's Bullet Punch.

Mamoswine's STAB combination is insane to deal with, but it is somewhat managable. My biggest issue with Mamoswine is switching into it's Earthquake, which nothing on my team does well without being chilled to the bone by a stray Icicle Crash. The best way to get around Mamoswine is to keep Scizor as healthy as possible, same with Florges, and try and wear it down with LO recoil and play around it's attacks. Also Bullet Punching with Scizor can remove it as well.

IV. Replays

Yes, they are all low ladder replays because I suck, it was a new alt, and I kept being c-teamed at 1200. But they do give a general premise of how the team functions, which is more important than who or what I end up playing. I will however be accepting replays if someone higher on ladder wants to gather replays. Thanks in advance whoever.

V. Conclusion

Well that's all for the RMT. Until I can find a new PC, I won't be able to post more RMT's until August, so if I don't, then I'll see you all after a 3 month forced vacation, lol. I hope you all enjoy the team, and hope you all have a great rest of Finals week! Good Luck!

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
A note to the RMT moderators Hi. I know this is early, and obviously this will be locked, but I posted early for a reason. School is ending this week, and I don't have any other means to post RMT's during the summer to my knowledge at this point. The two week cool down ends next Tuesday, but I'm posting today because this is basically my last chance to post a RMT before my school PC is returned. Sorry for making you lock this, and I hope you 3 have a nice day!

Best wishes,
Sickist
Edit: Unlocked!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)