Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
This is Excellent, Jonny.

Interested self starters who can start trying this without asking a boatload of questions would be appreciated. We'll be working on getting this as clean and simple (as is possible) and working it into the OP.

Good guide Jonny, I'm planning to experiment a little bit more with how NPC movement affects the NRNG. Also, I'm unsure whether you know this info and could thus save me a few tests. I know in grass one step consumes one seed, and on regular paths 128 consume a number of seeds equal to pokemon in your party. My questions are then:

Does a step out of the grass consume a seed? A step in?
Does the 128 step counter include steps taken in the grass?
Do NPCs consume 2 seeds if they turn and walk?

I'm sure I have more questions, but these will do for now. If you know any of them I would appreciate it. Good finds again man.

Edit: I will also try this method, but if we can get down a reliable way to track NPCs messing up the offset I would prefer to just time my continue screen press (much like timing in emerald) and then just keep track of the offset from there.

Does a step out of the grass consume a seed? A step in?
walking out of grass/water/caves won't consume any seed

Does the 128 step counter include steps taken in the grass?
I'm not sure about this ... gotta wait for a method J spread generator to test this

Do NPCs consume 2 seeds if they turn and walk?
I don't really know... I'm not even sure if NPC's that walk on fixed paths are seed-consuming.
In my honest opinion I'm not sure if we need to answer questions #2 and #3 cause you don't need walking when s-resetting for egg's IVs. You just want to take the egg as fast as you can.

Fair enough, some of those questions are for future reference when I try some stuff with wild pokemon. I figured the step from grass to path would not consume a seed since there is no chance to encounter a pokemon, while the first step into grass should consume a seed by the same logic. Still, good to know, now I have something to work towards.

When you change the date of the game and start the game and get the journal, it does not affect the RNG. I tested this using an offset of 1 and I still got the same offset.

This also confirms that NPCs that have fixed paths do not affect the RNG because the dumb bunny is moving yet I still get offset of 1.

Fusion: this must be because you didn't have any record of a fought/caught pokemon in the first page of the journal...
It consumes two seeds if only a page is flipped where a fought/caught pokemon is recorded

Hi
I was reading this RNG stuff
and its method
I have two questions to confirm them:

1) Isn't there anyway to find out my SID if i dont have AR or pokesav or any cheat device like them?
2) When I check there at the eggs characteristic, will it tell me the IVs?
(Of course not the parents one, but will it tell me the basic IVs?)

Hi
I was reading this RNG stuff
and its method
I have two questions to confirm them:

1) Isn't there anyway to find out my SID if i dont have AR or pokesav or any cheat device like them?
2) When I check there at the eggs characteristic, will it tell me the IVs?
(Of course not the parents one, but will it tell me the basic IVs?)
Ask in simple request form for sid

Are you talking about the RNG reporter telling you IVs when you are doing a shiny? If so no, but you can find egg IVs in rng reporter.

I see why you need patience. When you check the delay you get, you realize that was one of the other ones and get mad you choose the wrong one. Also, I got my right delay 1 sec late :(.

Ask in simple request form for sid

Are you talking about the RNG reporter telling you IVs when you are doing a shiny? If so no, but you can find egg IVs in rng reporter.

I see why you need patience. When you check the delay you get, you realize that was one of the other ones and get mad you choose the wrong one. Also, I got my right delay 1 sec late :(.
=o
well, ive already asked there
=p

ok, so i can know when its shiny but not its IVs?
^^

now im happy
=D

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Two questions:

1. Must I soft-reset when the seconds are at 00 or must I reset before it so when the black screen with the red borders appears, the timer is at 00?

2. Is it just with me that the DS clock gets slower? Could it be because of low battery?

If it's just the delay, just keep going and you'll hit the correct one sooner or later. Believe me when I say the hardest part is stabilizing the offset.

Two questions:

1. Must I soft-reset when the seconds are at 00 or must I reset before it so when the black screen with the red borders appears, the timer is at 00?

2. Is it just with me that the DS clock gets slower? Could it be because of low battery?
1.It doesn't really matter when you s-reset as long as you always do it the same way
2. I haven't heard about this before.

If it's just the delay, just keep going and you'll hit the correct one sooner or later. Believe me when I say the hardest part is stabilizing the offset.
I wanted to confirm somthing bout it
More related with the program
(which i am not sure what the last answer meant =p)

I calculate the shiny egg, will it tell me the ivs it'll have?

(Sorry for reasking, not unstrusting, just cuz english isnt my 1st language, and i didnt got what exactly was meant =p)

-Fusion : In theory it shouldn't change because the NPC's will still move outside the screen. Maybe it's just that particular save giving you offset 1
-Dig-Kun : I'm afraid I didn't get what you mean...:/

Ah, so let me get this straight to clarify...
For the offset, does every npc in the town regardless of location on or off screen affect it? Or just the ones on screen?

-Dig-Kun : I'm afraid I didn't get what you mean...:/
Ok, let me try to explain again:

I find the Initial Seed, then I look for shinies (by clicking at the only shinies at the program)
then generate
when it shows the possibilities
what will it show?
nature/the touches i gotta do at the poketch apps/
will it show the IVs that the egg will have?
(I mean, not the ones that it'll inherit from their parents, but the pokemon initial IVs?)

only the one in your area will. Even if you stay north of the old man some NPCs will go in and out of the screen. This means they move even when they're outside the screen but not all the NPC's of the town will be moving...if you look at the couple wakling on a square path south of Solaceon town they will start moving from the same point each time you enter that area, this makes me think that they don't move when they're outside the screen

-Dig-Kun : the shinyness and the ivs are set by two different calls of two different RNGs. you don't need to care about the ivs when trying to lock a shiny egg at the daycare

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)