Monster Mafia Postgame

And here it is finally. I would like to start by saying a one thing:

There was a slight misunderstanding between AG and I. AG wrote in the rules that the items designate to team leaders, while i thought they would be given to said leaders but i never intended to decide leaders of a faction ahead of time.

Because of this, I gave the leader item in the OU to the BG, and in the vicious undead, i gave it to a newer character. I never intended to force those players to lead.

Game concept:

It was expiremental, and didn't really work. It was really difficult to get your vig up and running, so factions cannot night kill people, and with the alliances you can't just lynch whoever you want. I took away a simple freedom and that is freedom to kill who you want dead.

That being said, i think everyone did really well and I'm glad i didn't have to sub anyone out.

Now on to the players:

Dear vonFiedler,
You are a Dragon.

You are that huge, (often) winged mythical beast that spits fire at any fool who crosses you. If only the knights would leave you alone, that would be a good deal. Well, the knights are gone from the game because the princess ran away, so you’ll just have to get a new one if you survive this battle.

On night 0 you must send Jigglypuffers42 and Aura Guardian a PM with title “Night 0 – Ally FACTION and FACTION2”. FACTION and FACTION2 will be unable to harm each other.

At night you can send Jigglypuffers42 and Aura Guardian a PM with title “Night X – Ally FACTION and FACTION2”. All past alliances will cease to exist, and FACTION and FACTION2 will be unable to harm each other. You must change faction alliances at least once every 2 cycles.

The dragon is a figure of power, and by using this power you can convince people to join your cause. Once per game and at night, you can send Jigglypuffers42 and Aura Guardian a PM with title “Night X – Recruit USER”. USER will be recruited under your command. This won’t work on some people. If this action fails, then you will regain the use of this power.

At night, send Jigglypuffers42 and Aura Guardian a PM with title “Night X – Dragonbreath USER”. USER will be killed. You must do this at least 1/3 nights.

Alternatively, you may send Jigglypuffers42 and Aura Guardian a PM with title “Night X – Fly”. You will fly around town, and anyone that targets you or your disciple will run away screaming from an angry dragon. You may not Dragonbreath and Fly on the same night.

You are allied with yourself. You win if you are the last player standing, or you and your disciple are the last players standing.
This role had the potential to do amazingly, but unfortunately, he was looking for someone under RBG's thumb and pole had always been joining the bandwagons asap, so he tried to kill pole and died a horrible, horrible death. This guy had good ideas, did well, claimed well, got people to trust him, but got unlucky when it came to who to kill. Many people were asking to talk to the dragon because they were chased by a dragon n0, but he didn't realize this was the reason, however he never talked to those people.

Awesome 3
The awesome 3 held the items the vigs needed.

Notes on the awesome 3:
They united quickly. Before i announced n0 started when several of the role PMs were out, pole said in the thread "There are 3 awesome people in this game" (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.phpp=3117116&postcount=4)

The only people who noticed this were billymills who was determined he was awesome even though he wasn't in the game and Blue_Tornado. They were in contact before n0 started.

Then the relentless atempts to contact each other began. (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3117147&postcount=9)
Almost all of them either got ignored or contradicted, such as the one above.
(http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3117154&postcount=11)
That is Flamestrike contradicting.
(http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3118702&postcount=33)
More B_T trying to contact.

Engineer tried to contact too, (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3122447&postcount=65)

But it was more subtle and B_T who didn't realize they were allied so he responded with (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3122469&postcount=66)

lol. Then, when B_T was being lynched he admited his alliance so that the remaining 2 people can contact each other (pole and engineer pikachu). But, as a rule of the A3, when one died i would give the other 2 players each other's identity, so it wasn't necessary for him to admit.

Then pole lost his BPV to vF, putting him and engineerpikachu at a big disadvantage.

I would like it to go on the record that (although I don't require or even encourage honesty) had shade gone through with his deal to the A3, then they would have won. Also, should have pole sent his PM to AG as well as me, then the winner would've been whoever anachronism chose to win.

Now on to the individual roles:

Dear Engineer Pikachu,
You are a Golem

Definitely overused, you appear in every video game imaginable. And no, you are not that cute round thing with the double weaknesses to Water and Grass. You’re the clay giant that cloaks yourself in darkness and is only visible on the first plane of magic. Just make sure no one reaches into your mouth to steal a certain scroll that gives you life.

Being a giant hulking Golem, you have the ability to smash people to death. On night 0, 3, 6, etc. etc. send Jigglypuffers42 and Aura Guardian a PM with title “Night X – Smash USER”. USER will be crushed under your giant fists.

Being made of earth, you can go under ground and spy on people. At night, you can send Jigglypuffers42 and Aura Guardian a PM with title “Night X – Spy on USER”. You will get USER’s entire role PM.

In addition, at night, you can send Jigglypuffers42 and Aura Guardian a PM with title “Night X – Find out USER’s name” or “Night X – Find out USER’s Role”, or “Night X – Find out USER’s alliance”. You Observe USER and find out one thing about him.

You decided to leave the Overused Monsters and start a new group of the most evil monsters out there. You named that faction the Awesome 3. If only you could find the other 2 members of your alliance…

You are holding the Demon’s horns. The Demon’s horns have no effect on you.

When alliances rise in this game, you will always be allied with the nation that is not allied with another nation. That loner nation cannot do any harm to you and you cannot do any harm to that loner nation.

You are allied with the Awesome 3. You win if the Awesome 3 defeats all opposing factions.
This guy did well with working with people; didn't last long pretending to be someone he isn't though. Made good deals, was good with planning ahead of time, and was great with strategy. I had 3 nominees for MVP and he was one of them.

Dear Blue_Tornado,
You are a Lamia

The queen of vampires, you seduce little boys into your clutches then kill them. Although you are depicted as a half snake, you are indeed a vampire, and therefore undead. Or close enough for government mafia work.

You love the taste of blood. At night, during nights 1, 4, 7 etc. etc. you can send Jigglypuffers42 and Aura Guardian a PM with title “Night X – Drink USER’s blood”. You will drink USER’s blood, killing him.

At night, you can send Jigglypuffers42 and Aura Guardian a PM with title “Night X – Make USER attack USER2”. USER will use all of his actions on USER2. This action can redirect kills.

In addition, at night, you can send Jigglypuffers42 and Aura Guardian a PM with title “Night X – Make USER vote for USER2”. USER will vote for USER2 the next day, or die.

Recently, you were given an invitation to join a new faction, made up of the 3 most powerful monsters. This faction was called the Awesome 3. You left the Vicious Undead to join the awesome 3. If only you could find the other 2 members of your alliance…

You are holding the Glue Remover. It has no effect on you.

When alliances rise in this game, you will always be allied with the nation that is not allied with another nation. That loner nation cannot do any harm to you and you cannot do any harm to that loner nation.

You are allied with the Awesome 3. You win if the Awesome 3 defeats all opposing factions.
I can't say too much about him; he did well until he got caught in a bandwagon which I'm sure had reasoning behind it; probably they thought he was vicious, but noone would listen to his logic so he had to agree to be guilty and unite the other 2 who would've been united anyway.

Dear polelover44,
You are a Basilisk

Originated from Egyptian mythology, a basilisk is a horrible creature with a third eye adorning its forehead. Anyone looking you in the eye will instantly die. Meanwhile, people looking at a reflection of your eye turn to stone.

At night, during nights 2, 5, 8 etc. etc. you can send Jigglypuffers42 and Aura Guardian a PM with title “Night X – Unveil third eye on USER”. You will unveil your third eye and look at USER with it, killing him.

It was said that a warrior on horseback that tried to stab a basilisk with a spear would conduct enough poison through the spear to not only kill the warrior, but the horse too. The first time someone targets you with a night kill, you will survive and the killer will die.

In addition, at night, you can send Jigglypuffers42 and Aura Guardian a PM with title “Night X – take USER hostage”. You will kidnap USER for one day and one night. He will be unable to post in the thread for the duration of this time

Recently, you were given an invitation to join a new faction, made up of the 3 most powerful monsters. This faction was called the Awesome 3. You left the Desert Marauders to join the awesome 3. If only you could find the other 2 members of your alliance…

You are holding a Wand. It has no effect on you.

Kidnap was quite helpful, and BPV ended up getting used to kill vF. To me it seemed like Engineer was the main strategizer, but the fact that he lasted so long says something about how well he did when he's a member of such a small faction.

WOLF BAND
There was an item in this game. That item went by the name of wolf band. Objection began with this item.

Dear Objection,
You are ???

You have no idea what you are because you've forgotten.

You have no known abilities at this time. This will change if you can recover your memory.

You are holding the Wolf Band. This item transforms you into a werewolf every night. While you hold it, your win condition is "You win if you are the last player alive." Also, while you have this, you may send Jigglypuffers42 and Aura Guardian a PM with title "Night X - killing USER". USER will die. You may not give this item away.

You win if ???
The interesting thing about this item is that it goes by the rules of other items: should the holder be night killed, then the killer will gain the item. SO the wolf band would go from killer to killer until the holder was lynched. That was the only way to stop wolf victory. Lynching the holder.

And everyone did so by lynching nook. The wolf band began in Objection's hands, although it was stolen n0 by nook and nook convinced RBG it gives him an every night kill but doesn't change his alliance, which it did. He got a BG on him (UltraPorygon) so until Ultra died d4, he was un night killable. The item never changed holders except from Objection to nook.

The Overused Monsters
These guys did well, and ended up winning. I do have to say almost all of the deservingness for their victory goes to Agape and shade.

Dear Objection,
You are a Human.

Congratulations on losing your Wolf Band. Suddenly, your memories have returned! You are the mayor of a nearby town, so you decided that the Overused were the only monsters who weren’t a threat to the village.

Being homo sapiens in a field of monsters, your vote counts for two and has certain tie-breaking powers.

You are allied with the Overused Monsters. You win if the Overused Monsters defeat all opposing factions.
^What objection became d1 after his item is stolen. He didn't get to do much over the game as he was constantly silenced by RBG. Since he find out who he truly was, he never voted, adn therefore his power was never of any use. He was kind of unlucky, but had some good ideas and contributed to the game a good enough amount.

Dear Agape,
You are a Demon.

The most fearful of all of the monsters from the underworld, you were too awesome to be a member of the vicious undead. And you weren’t technically dead; you’re only immortal and evil.

At night, you may send Jigglypuffers42 and Aura Guardian a PM with title “Night X – Send USER’s soul to hell”. You will drag USER’s soul down to hell, killing him.

Unfortunately, some moron took your horns. You may not kill until you have your demon horns back.

You are allied with the Overused Monsters. You win if the Overused Monsters defeat all opposing factions.
This guy did well to find his demons horns, and managed to claim neutral. He got smashlloyd to trust him more than he trusted the vicious inspector, which is really big. Engineer had been working with shade, so he ordered undisputed to steal from him, and he managed to steal the horns, which then was given to agape. Unfortunately, smashlloyd stole the horns again after only 1 kill, but agape got the horns back again from polelover who had killed smashlloyd. Finally, he had the horns and a BG and no more theives, which was the cause of his victory. Once again, this guy did amazing. I have 3 nominees for MVP and he is one of them.

Dear 360Swampert,
You are a Succubus.

You are known to seduce and kill innocent travelers... Too bad there aren’t many travelers here. Still, if you survive, you’ll have plenty of weak men to seduce.

At night, you may send Jigglypuffers42 and Aura Guardian a PM with title “Night X – Fuck USER!”. You will fuck USER all night, and they will be unable to complete their night action.

You are holding the book of knowledge. If this book is held by an inspector, then the inspector might gain enormous powers.

I have nothing to say about him. He send in a night action. That's it... he targeted B_T... interesting...

Dear undisputed,
You are a Genie.

You are a trickster, always trying to get out of your magical lamp. Well, now you succeeded by trapping the Lioness inside, so you may be free. And pay no attention to the annoying Faquarl, eh?

Because you fought with the Lioness once, and succeeded in tricking her, you know that if she wasn’t trapped in the lamp she would be allied with the desert Marauders and would be a mayor.

In addition, at night, you may send Jigglypuffers42 and Aura Guardian a PM with title “Night X – Trick USER”. You will trick USER into giving you all of his items.

This guy did pretty good, but I wasn't too much in contact with him. He managed to get the horns for Agape, putting his team in a great position. Whoever he stole from always seemed to have many items, so he chose good targets.

Dear shade,
You are a Phoenix.

You were once said to be immortal—you never die. But, the fire you have collected and survived over for one million years has died out, and your immortality has reached it’s end. Time to build a nest of spices again.

At night, you may send Jigglypuffers42 and Aura Guardian a PM with title “Night X – Sheath USER in fire”. You will surround USER in fire, protecting him from all night kills. You may not use this on yourself.

You are holding the heart of the Phoenix. Whoever holds this item may not be lynched, and will be given unswayable resolve—no act could change their lynch vote, their night action, or their win condition. This item can’t be stolen

This guy made plans far in advance, and had great strategies, and was smart, and decided to lead his faction as a bg. On n0, I PMed everyone who had a leader item that they had a leader item and to lead, except for shade who i told that he should give the item to someone else because he was a BG. He led. and he did GREAT. I have 3 nominees for MVP, and he is one of them.

Dear rickheg,
You are an angry scientist.

Not actually a monster, but one of the most common enemies you will run into. For all of your life you have been in a competition to be better than the Demon, but he has always won. Not to play Devil’s Advocate or anything, but won’t your enemies be annoyed if you show them all up?

Right now you don’t have any power, but should a member of your team die, you will put them in your laboratory, and will study them there. Using your research, you will gain a 1 time use of their power. You will be able to study everyone on your team that dies throughout the game.

You are holding the orb of earth’s protection. Should any being of rock try to target you, this orb will protect you.

I can't say anything about him. He did well for a new player, but i wasn't in contact with him.

Dear danmantincan,
You are a Robot.

One of the most classic monsters out there, you were once created by an evil genius. Now, you are fully automated and have learned a few tricks. Such as not having to obey the rules of robots that forbid harming people or allowing them to be harmed.

At night, you may send Jigglypuffers42 and Aura Guardian a PM with title “Night X – Look up USER in my database”. You will find out USER’s entire role PM.

This guy was definitely one of the better players, but I can't name/remember particular moments when he did really well. He had good targets and was a huge contribution to his team.

Desert Marauders
This wasn't a great team, and the people didn't do too well, with the exception being RBG.

Dear Precipice,
You are Medusa.

Though you are a monster of Greek mythology, I for one always connected you to the desert. Maybe it’s that your hair is made of snakes. Or maybe it’s that you are just as hard to live with as the desert.

At night, you may send Jigglypuffers42 and Aura Guardian a PM with title “Night X – Petrify USER”. You will turn USER to stone, killing him.

Some idiot glued a pair of those poser mirror sunglasses to your face, so you can’t take them off. Unless you can get glue remover, you cannot petrify people.

You are holding the poser glasses. They cannot be taken from you unless you get glue remover. The glasses have a mirror outside, so that could come in handy…

You are allied with the Desert Marauders. You win if the Desert Marauders defeat all opposing factions.
He never got his glasses. I didn't really talk to him. He did okay.

Dear macle,
You are the Sphynx.

You are not only one of the most ancient buildings in Egypt, but you’re a being of pure knowledge. May I ask you a question? Oh, and the answers to your riddles are “man,” “42,” and “hit a tree.”

At night, you may send Jigglypuffers42 and Aura Guardian a PM with title “Night X – Inspect USER”. You will find out USER’s entire role PM

Using your amazing knowledge, you know that Frankenstein isn’t in the game, and if he were, he would be a safeguard.

You are holding the totem of fear. If this totem is held by a hooker, then the hooker might gain enormous powers.

You are allied with the Desert Marauders. You win if the Desert Marauders defeat all opposing factions.
I can't say too much about him either. He did well, didn't last too long, but was a good player none the less.

Dear Fangren,
You are a Mummy.

You are undead, but you’re from the desert. And you’re from Egyptian mythology. But you’re undead. But the desert. But those Egyptians. But the undead.

You currently don’t have any power, But should a member of your faction die, you will revive them as a mummy. For the sake of the game they will still count as dead, but once per game you can send the mummy to complete a night action. The only kind of night action the mummy can use is one that they had the ability to due during life.

You are holding the Scarab Beetle Necklace. This item is also a player. The player’s identity is: Ultraporygon

You might be picking up why i don't love the Desert Marauders. Because none of the players were memorable. This guy did okay, nothing great, died early.

Dear Kharozz,
You are a gargoyle

I’m running out of inspiration. There aren’t too many Egyptian monsters out there. So don’t complain. But try not to stay up on your roof too often, please.

At night, you may send Jigglypuffers42 and Aura Guardian a PM with title “Night X – Scare USER”. You will scare USER, and he won’t be able to do anything all night.

Alternatively, you may send Jigglypuffers42 and Aura Guardian a PM with title “Night X – Turn into a statue”. You will turn into a statue, and all non-killing roles that target you that night will fail. You cannot scare someone and turn into a statue during the same night.

LifaAdmiral convinced the desert that they had no hooker, so nook was sent to kill Kharozz. This guy did okay, nothing memorable.

Dear UltraPorygon,
You are a Scarab Beetle

You aren’t a monster, but you are a symbol of protection in Egypt. So you’re close enough. Now go protect your team.

You are an item and a player. You are currently being held by: Fangren

At night, you may send Jigglypuffers42 and Aura Guardian a PM with title “Night X – Reject towards USER”, or, “Night X – Accept”. If you reject, then you will change owners and be held by USER. If you accept, you will defend your holder from anyone with killing intents. You don’t know the alignment of your current holder.

Lastly, you cannot hold any items.

Nothing memorable, guarded nook for most of the game.

Dear nook,
You are a Griffin.

You are a being of Egyptian Mythology. Egypt = Desert. Good enough for me. With a body of the lion and a head of the eagle, you are king over both bird and beast. Your eagle’s wings don’t hurt your powers, either.

At night, you may send Jigglypuffers42 and Aura Guardian a PM with title “Night X – Steal from USER”. You will steal any items USER has.

I really like how this guy played. He convinced RBG that he gained a kill but wasn't a wolf, so he had a BG on him most of the game. It was all over for him when Engineerpikachu and Danmantincan inspected him on the same night (he came up as werewolf under inspection). I do have to say that this guy did really well, but didn't quite qualify as one of the 3 nominees for MVP.

Dear RBG,
You are Anubis

You’re an Egyptian god. So of course you joined the Desert Marauders. As a judge of the dead, you command respect, and you will be putting that respect to use.

At night, you may send Jigglypuffers42 and Aura Guardian a PM with title “Night X – Silence USER”. USER will be Silenced.

You hold the Staff of Influence. Anyone who holds this cannot be lynched and cannot have their win condition, their day vote, or their night target altered. This item can’t be stolen.

RBG did really well. I liked how he played; he made good decisions, and did really well to lead a sorta hopeful faction. this faction had a chance until nook became werewolf. Once it reached that point he was doomed.

Vicious Undead

Dear iiMKUltra,
You are a Lich.

An undead Wizard. Yup. Oh, and did I mention that your soul is bound in a tin box. Why you bound it there, I don’t know, especially since it won’t protect you.

At night, you may send Jigglypuffers42 and Aura Guardian a PM with title “Night X – Cast a spell on USER”. You will kill USER.

Unfortunately, you don’t have your wand. You cannot kill until you get your wand.

You are allied with the Vicious Undead. You win if the Vicious Undead defeat all opposing factions.
This guy did well, but he never got his wand. I wasn't in too much contact with him.

Dear Flamestrike,
You are the Grim Reaper.

You are scary. You wear a long robe and wield a cool scythe. Your presence here was a given.

At night, you may send Jigglypuffers42 and Aura Guardian a PM with title “Night X – Observe USER’s soul”. You will get USER’s full role PM.

You are holding the scythe. Should someone with a night kill hold this, their kill would reap through BPV, Hook, or an ability that avoids actions targeted at them.

You are allied with the Vicious Undead. You win if the Vicious Undead defeats all opposing factions.
He was the secondary leader of his faction, and made a lot of good decisions as the non-new leader. I really liked him, and he played well.

Dear PurpleFingers,
You are a Vampire.

I vant to suck your blood. I also vant to avoid a stake through my heart. I vant you to not speak with an accent.

You don’t have any powers at the moment, but should a member of your team die, you will drink some of their blood and gain a 1 time use of their power. You will be able to suck the blood of every member of your team that dies.

You are a Vampire. You may not post during the day.

You are holding the amulet of sight. Should someone try to seduce you, it will fail.

You are allied with the Vicious Undead. You win if the Vicious Undead defeats all opposing factions.
He died so soon i have nothing to say to him. He decided to ask for claims after smashlloyd asked which doesn't make sense to me.

Dear smashlloyd20,
You are a Ghoul,

Contemplating the fragile cycles of such a hideous creature brings not only a tear to the eye, but causes you to contemplate life, for even the scariest of things live life for life and only for life, not think for their future life or the possibility of the end of life. We could learn a lot by observing such a marvelous monster. What if we could live life for life while life lives other lives? We cannot, for we live life for future life and we live each moment hoping to gain more life, though by spending life to gain life we live in an infinite cycle of exchanging life to life itself. Do you want to live that way?

At night, you may send Jigglypuffers42 and Aura Guardian a PM with title “Night X – Steal from USER”. You will steal all of USER’s items.

You are holding the Orb of Influence. Whoever holds this cannot be lynched, and cannot have their Win Condition, their lynch vote, or their night action altered. This item can’t be stolen

I never meant to make him the leader. He was, according to his team, really annoying to work with, but wasn't a bad leader and didn't screw his team over. He did good.

Dear Toothache,
You are a ghost.

BOO! What, aren’t we scared? Nah, we saw you coming. Just be glad the Ghostbusters aren’t here.

At night, you may send Jigglypuffers42 and Aura Guardian a PM with title “Night X – Spook USER”. You will spook USER and they won’t be able to use their night action.

Once per game, when you should be lynched, you will not. BOO!

I never talked to him. He died when vF converted him the same night he died. Well, anyways, he's a good player and did well.

Dear LifeAdmiral,
You are a Zombie.

BWLARGLESHMARGLESHWITRAFITRABLAHHHHHHHHHHRbrrraaaaaiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnsssss...RRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

There is no Bodyguard aligned with the Vicious undead. You’re as close as it comes to a Bodyguard.

At night, you may send Jigglypuffers42 and Aura Guardian a PM with title “Night X – BRAAAAIIINNSS USER”. Anyone who targets USER during the night will target you instead.

Once per game, if you should die of a night kill, you will not.

He made a few mistakes and I argued against him a few times, but he did quite well and did a lot of moling. This guy did good.

Dear Anachronism,
You are a skeleton

Bones. And more bones. And a creepy skull. Remind me why I walked into this room, please.

Once per game, if you should die of a night kill, you will not.

Using your skeleton knowledge, you know that there is no Unicorn in this game, and if there was, then he would be a martyr and allied with the Overused Monsters.

Biggest mole, and probably the best. He moled every faction, although shade never trusted him. I liked how this guy played, and he survived until endgame.

shade

shade
Engineer Pikachu
Agape

vonFiedler
Nook
RBG

Well, see you next game!

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm not opposed to new ideas, so I'm not opposed to reverse BPV by itself. However, polelover_44 killed people who tried to kill him in addition to not dying. That's two roles, on top of being a kidnapper which is three roles by itself, so 5 roles. Compare that to Blue_Tornado with 3 roles and Engineer Pikachu with arguably 1 and a half.

He got smashlloyd to trust him more than he trusted the vicious inspector, which is really big.
Ugh, this x1000000. I admit, I was harder on you than you deserved smash, and you did pretty well for your first game, but trusting a neutral over an inspector? -_-

Anyway, I did what I could from behind the scenes but I was scared to do anything publicly which left me with talking to the rest of my team. I only found out LA was the last member a cycle or two before I died I think? Ana and I had a mostly complete sheet through inspects and voting patterns which was then completed thanks to Ana's moling shortly before my death, and I could have survived that night and given the scythe to IIMkUltra like I planned had I been more forceful in getting LA to protect me (I could blame it on him for not doing it, but I didn't really tell him so much as I suggested it and told him to talk it over with smash so that would hardly be fair). Then again, who knows what would have happened had I not died?

Was a pretty cool game overall, the item-based kills were admittedly annoying but the leader item was cool (though it kinda stuck us in a hole like you pointed out). Pity I couldn't do more to help the team but it happens I guess. Also von why did you have to recruit Toothache? :(

I thought I was shit. How was I good aside from the Hooker mole?

EDIT: Flame, I know I tried to give you the Orb of Influence the night that you died. I think I protected Lloyd though.
That's what I figured, my hope was that they would try to kill me, I would live that, then they would try to lynch me seeing as we had the massive numbers advantage and I was RBG's target from the previous day. And I have no idea how you played since I didn't get to talk to you a whole lot (though I admit the moling was pretty cool).

Flame knew of every member of the vicious except for Life, and I'm not entirely sure why but i think it's just simply that smash didn't trust flame enough to tell him the identity of their Bg.

For the record, I suspected nook was wolf when macle claimed to me and gave me objection's PM. I also informed shade of that, which is why shade lynched him after I died.

Confirming that RBG voiced said suspicions to me.

Also, so that this has content, I'd like to mention:

1) The back-ups would get 2 kills from a vig's death, and 3 if the vig didn't manage any kills.
2) The back-ups were originally recruiters that only work after the vig dies. That was vetoed during the approval process.

Actually TBQH I think it was because I never asked XD Can't really remember though, but when I did ask him he readily told me with no hesitation, so I dunno.
You never asked, I told you everything I knew at the time. I had proved you weren't lying, don't remember exactly how.

Anyways, I sucked. Really all I did was passing claims to Anachronism before I died, and some pretty pointless Orb passing. I also gave most of my info to Von and Blue, although I didn;t really have much at the time.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
I loved this game, and it was nice for both new and old players alike (2nd game yay). As the one-and-a-half inspector, I tried to fill out a spreadsheet.
Note that I stopped updating the votes about halfway through when it didn't matter, the numbers were added on later (when I confirmed that it was 7/7/7/3/1), the Alliance and Alphabetical were updated fully (didn't know about sorting yet), and the items were just tracking effects.

The Awesome 3 roles seemed a bit unbalanced; assume that I was lynched instead of B_T. How the heck would the rest of my faction know who to target? Even if you go by the "I'm a neutral faction I don't give a shit who gets targeted" mentality, it's not entirely guaranteed with the alliance mechanic in play. And if pole was killed, that's essentially half our team (easily the most powerful).

Other than that, it was pretty fun.

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The vicious undead, I thought, were quite severely underpowered, especially in terms of player base. For his first game, smash did ok, but he was extremely difficult to work with and was never on irc. The fact that he didn't trust flamestrike or me was made even better by the fact that flame inspected agape n1 (could have been 0 but I'm not sure). We lost two team members early on, one of them completely unnecessarily, and a third was never on irc and didn't perform some actions.

I don't mean to sound bitter, shade and the overused definitely deserved the win.

Experimentalness is great even if it fails, keep it up.

I had fun and that's what mafia is all about.

I didn't notice the A3 trying to unite in the thread, I've never thought about uniting outside IRC. I must explore this more.

It was hilarious to see vampires actually dying when I "predicted" it even though I had no clue what was really happening as shade did the collaboration mainly, shame that I didn't get in any sheets with the Django claim :D

night 0 i got hooked and pole hit von
night 1 i hit a bg and von figured out i'm bad

and i was originally going to persuade objection but switched to macle out of no reason, objection would have been godkilled but "eh"

and i honestly missed e_p's post, kinda sorry about that

by the way, no-one noticed pole's post because i saw it so quickly and told him to edit. i was so fast, there wasn't even a "this post was edited" message

edit: oh yeah, and i'm sure that if pole were to kidnap right and e_p weren't to pass his item away we had this game 100% ours.. that's pretty sad seeing as e_p wanted to be a good sport towards shade although according to postgame shade didn't do the same

This was a fun game and had a fairly good mix of new and experienced users.

Anyways, most of what I would have said, in terms of planning and actions, overlapped with what shade had already planned. So I wasn't really doing much in that department. I did mention to shade that he should trade the Phoenix heart to someone he trusted (Agape or myself) because no one would have bothered to "waste" lynch/hook/persuade on him.

I didn't really talk to anyone aside from shade in this game. I talked a little bit with Agape, but timezones made it a little hard. undisputed had contacted me, but shade said that he hadn't claimed, so I assumed that it was an attempt to mole me (but not a good one).

The awesome 3s attempt to contact each other in the thread was really good. Well, I didn't notice it even after inspecting Engineer N1.

The vicious undead, I thought, were quite severely underpowered, especially in terms of player base. For his first game, smash did ok, but he was extremely difficult to work with and was never on irc. The fact that he didn't trust flamestrike or me was made even better by the fact that flame inspected agape n1 (could have been 0 but I'm not sure). We lost two team members early on, one of them completely unnecessarily, and a third was never on irc and didn't perform some actions.

I don't mean to sound bitter, shade and the overused definitely deserved the win.
I was on IRC, just the timing was sort of bad. I trusted you and Flame after Night 5 or so. But yeah, sorry.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
alls fair in love or war, no hard feelings engineer!

there were quite a few hilarious goings on in this game anyway, mainly life admiral coming and telling me 'the overused monsters have no martyr' and then anachronism trying to mole me with a martyr claim about 30 minutes later! i didn't trust agape's claim too much to begin with, especially as he was being his usual self and making 3032492332 fakes i could hardly tell which one was which. either way he was vital imo, he released a lot of pressure on my team and obviously had the necessary kill. rickheg and danmantincan were both solid players, the former didn't get to do a lot due to dying early though. i kinda feel bad for not letting danman do more, but i did invite him to the sheet so eh. swampert died too early and undisputed barely trusted me due to my methods, so i can't say a lot about those two.

vonfiedler was being very fucking annoying throughout the game, for my team anyway. the alliances kept seeming to go against us, but i dunno if he meant to do this. either way, i decided the only way to win would to be able to control the lynch and thats why the game was going so well until like day 6, where i got angry at polelover for kidnapping agape. this left me on the back foot, but managed to help me to negotiate for agape's demon horns. i was planning fully to uphold my deal, but then anachro had voted polelover so i saw the prime opportunity to win. i probably have more comments, i just can't really remember them right now.

v. surprised i didnt get targeted early with numerous roles (except for that n1 inspect)

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc...kR3cjMtVEFHV0Y0emxHSnc&hl=en&authkey=CM76opUP is the ss key, i didnt update it much after n5 because i had the overviewed filled in then.

Also, who was it that killed me?
If anyone wants to know who killed them,

Hole in the chest was Nook w/ wolf band
Smashed to death was Engineer Pikachu
Poisoned was Polelover
Blood gone was Blue_Tornado (although he never got a kill)
Burned to death was vonFiedler (although he never got a kill)
Soul Draged to Hell was Agape
Cursed to Death was iiMUltra (although he never got a kill)
Turned to Stone was Precipice (although he never got a kill)

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
night 0 i got hooked and pole hit von
night 1 i hit a bg and von figured out i'm bad

and i was originally going to persuade objection but switched to macle out of no reason, objection would have been godkilled but "eh"

and i honestly missed e_p's post, kinda sorry about that

by the way, no-one noticed pole's post because i saw it so quickly and told him to edit. i was so fast, there wasn't even a "this post was edited" message

edit: oh yeah, and i'm sure that if pole were to kidnap right and e_p weren't to pass his item away we had this game 100% ours.. that's pretty sad seeing as e_p wanted to be a good sport towards shade although according to postgame shade didn't do the same
Not your fault for missing my post. I missed three opportunities -_-
Also, giving the Horns to shade was the only way we could stay alive. See here for reasoning as I'm too tired to type it all again.
alls fair in love or war, no hard feelings engineer!

vonfiedler was being very fucking annoying throughout the game, for my team anyway. the alliances kept seeming to go against us, but i dunno if he meant to do this. either way, i decided the only way to win would to be able to control the lynch and thats why the game was going so well until like day 6, where i got angry at polelover for kidnapping agape. this left me on the back foot, but managed to help me to negotiate for agape's demon horns. i was planning fully to uphold my deal, but then anachro had voted polelover so i saw the prime opportunity to win. i probably have more comments, i just can't really remember them right now.

v. surprised i didnt get targeted early with numerous roles (except for that n1 inspect)
Yes. If pole had kidnapped Life, than you would've helped us lynch Anachronism, then our soft alliance period would end and we could kill you. Wonderful.

And I have not lost my credibility yet. Take that, Agape.

EDIT: And smashing smashlloyd was hilarious.

Oh yeah, I have to thank you Agape, if it weren't for you sending the same PM to both me and Ana when we asked you for info I wouldn't have found him nearly as early as I did :P

we had terrible luck early game tbh, but I'm pretty happy with how we did later.

We probably would have won though if I had remembered to send the revised action to both AG and jiggly.

Scenario: Me and engineer vs. shade and Agape.
Lynch ties
We kill Agape, kidnap shade
Anachronism comes back, Lynch Anachronism
no kill, no kidnap
shade comes back, Lynch shade.
win.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)