Monotype Analyses Mega-thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confluxx [Old]

Banned deucer.
Sylveon (Fairy) Overview
Sylveon's great Special Attack, impressive special bulk and movepool allow it to perform a number of roles effectively. It can be an amazing wallbreaker with Choice Specs and access to STAB Hyper Voice thanks to the Pixialte ability it possesses, a cleric with access to Wish and Heal Bell or a Baton Pass user with access to Calm Mind. It has decent coverage options in Shadow Ball and Psyshock, the latter which checks Poison types. It's amazing Special Defense allow it to tank almost any Special Attack including Sludge Wave from Landorus-I which is a huge threat to Fairy, and retaliate with a powerful Hyper Voice. Sylveon's low Defense stat; however, limits it's defensive capabilities as it can't even switch-in to Latios thanks to it's access to Psyshock. Sylveon also has a low Speed stat which makes it easy to revenge kill.

Sylveon (Fairy) Choice Specs
Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power Ground
- Shadow Ball

#Moves
Hyper Voice is Sylveon's most powerful attack as it's boosted by Pixilate and it goes through Substitute. Psyshock hits Poison types which resist Hyper Voice and represent a weakness to Fairy-types. Hidden Power Fire hits Steel types that resist Sylveon's other moves and threaten Fairy such as Ferrothorn and Scizor. Hidden Power Ground is also an option to hit Heatran, another threat to Fairy which is immune to Hidden Power Fire. For the last slot, Shadow Ball is a decent coverage option because Sylveon doesn't get any other useful moves. Baton Pass is an option over Shadow Ball to gain momentum but it's not needed because of the fact that Choice Specs Hyper Voice still does a good amount of damage unless it's quad resisted.

#Set Details
Maximum investment in HP and Special Attack with a Modest Nature allows Sylveon to hit as hard as possible and tank hits more effectively. 16 EVs in Speed are useful for outspeeding uninvested base 60 Speed Pokemon such as Magnezone and Pokemon like Tyranitar so Sylveon can take them out with Hyper Voice without having to take a Stone Edge. The Pixilte ability boosts Hyper Voice by turning it into a Fairy-type move.

#Usage Tips
Choice Specs Sylveon is an amazing wallbreaker and there aren't many things that appreciate taking a hit from it. Bringing it in on slower Pokemon allows it to hit first and get a kill most of the time, without taking a hit in return. Thanks to its amazing Special Defense it can be used to take on special attacking threats as it can tank a hit most of time. It's low Defense stat doesn't allow it to take on strong physical attackers though as even a neutral hit is gonna do a lot of damage.

#Team Options
Outspeeding as many Pokemon as possible and being able to tank hits so it can retaliate back with powerful Choice Specs boosted moves is something Sylveon appreciates a lot. This can be provided by Klefki which can use Thunder Wave to slow down the opposing Pokemon and set up Light Screen and Reflect to help Sylveon tank hits better. Klefki also has the ability to set-up Spikes which is something Sylveon also appreciates to get OHKOs easier. With access to more hazards in Stealth Rock, and great physical bulk which is something Sylveon lacks, Clefable is another Pokemon Sylveon appreciates. Togekiss' immunity to Ground makes it another good partner to Sylveon as Ground is a very offensive type with a powerful move in Earthquake which Sylveon doesn't take too well.

czim

Gothitelle (Psy)

In addition to the things Confluxx said

#Moves
- Add HP Fire to the set. Goth's best niche is that it traps, outspeeds, and does heavy damage to Scizor with a specs HP Fire.
- To be completely honest, idk how important HP Ground is. Bro walls it, and a lot of things check it whereas Scizor is a huge threat to everything. The Pokemon you use alongside Goth can beat it too. (Mega Cham, Garde, Gallade etc)
- Mention Psychic since that beats P2, Mega Venu etc.
- Add Hippowdon to what Energy Ball hits
- Add Slowbro to what Thunderbolt hits
- Energy Ball can work well with Thunderbolt. It depends on what you want to get rid of.
- Mention that Goth is a mix and match mon. Moves change depending on what you want to trap.

#Set Details
- Change the main set with a specs set.
- Mention the scarf set still leaves Goth kinda slow compared to other stuff.

#Usage Tips
- Mention double switching into Goth on obvious switches

#Team Options
- Explain what its teammates appreciate from Goth. (Goth removes Skarmory which walls Gallade etc.)
- For Victini, mention how it gets U-turn and lures in mons like Mandibuzz, and Swampert.
- Some Victinis carry Energy Ball so Water / Grounds don't threaten it as much. Change the wording imo
- Add Jirachi since it lures in Skarmory etc. has Healing Wish support, and beat things Goth can't with Iron Head
- Starmie doesn't benefit much if water ground are gone. If you're talking about Gastrodon, specify it since Hydro 2HKOs Swamp
- Add that Goth has no recovery outside of rest so it gets worn down easily with the part about hazard control

This seems really well thought out to me.
Seems like Scpinion did a well enough job with the first review as well, so i feel like anything else I could say would just be too nit picky or would be going a little too in depth on what options are available.

But I guess a few things I did notice would be, under moves, you could mention how not only does u-turn provide pivot and momentum, but a good check for hoopa-u considering it's still possible to OHKO w/ a minus atk nature.
Maybe include Shadow Ball? Psychic has proven to be one of Grass's hardest match ups and having fast super effective damage could prove useful for grass. Especially since it provides another check to Victini considering that after 1 of v-create's stat drops and stealth rock damage, Shadow Ball can OHKO and same for Gengar after stealth rock.
Maybe also mention Choice Specs + Switcheroo? Choice specs make's it so Whimsicott can one-shot certain 'mons that it would previously need additional damage from hazards or something first in order to do so and Switcheroo as a way to cripple opposing supporting 'mons permanently. I feel like it kind of loses out to the other options a lot of the time so idk if it's necessary to include, but it's an option.

And yeah, that's all really. Like I said, I think Juleo did a good job already covering most everything.
Thanks for your insights, Crimson! Shadow Ball is a really nice addition that I haven't thought before, adding it.

About Choice Specs, I think it would be better to include a separate set/explanation on this. I actually could mention it, but the main purpose of the set is to reliably use Encore and Stun Spore setup threats while still maintaining offensive pressure, which is something that Choice Specs can't do at all (inability to switch moves). Specs also makes it easier to be predicted, and it seems to work best when unrevealed (it gets quite easy to get around once your opponent knows you are using Choice Specs).

EDIT: I didn't include specs in the main set but I mentioned it in ''Set Details''.

Last edited:

Seo.

Nice guys always finish last...
Ready for QC #2

Special Defensive Heatran (steel)
QC (1/2)

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock / Protect / Roar
- Toxic
- Earth Power

#Moves

Lava Plume, Toxic, and Earth Power are necessary, as without Earth Power Heatran can't check Fire types like its supposed to and its more likely to get 6-0d by another Heatran. Lava Plume is for fire STAB aswell as gives Heatran a chance to burn. Toxic is pretty much necessary on Specially Defensive Heatran since you're really weak and without it you can't answer Mega Charizard-Y or Volcarona, one of the biggest things Heatran's supposed to do. Stealth Rock helps other Steel-type Pokemon sweep easier. Heatran is particularly a good user of Stealth Rock as it can force out Mega Sableye, but if Skarmory or Ferrothorn sets Stealth Rock then Heatran appreciates the freed up moveslot. Which can give you an opportunity to add taunt to prevent Mandibuzz and Venusaur from healing up, and Zapdos from defogging. Another option is Stone Edge, to OHKO Mega Charizard Y and Volcarona.

#Set Details

Heatran is a must on steel, it supports steel a lot with flash fire to take immunity from fire moves which things on your team such as Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Doublade and Scizor don’t appreciate. It is also a reliable stealth rocker, and deals with threats such as Victini and opposing Heatrans. You can also use 44 speed for 16 speed Mandibuzz and 16 speed Mega Venusaur, and 204 speed for 16 speed Zapdos and Adamant Bisharp. Leftovers help it out with regaining HP. Air Balloon can be used to deal with opposing Heatran better and to give another immunity to Ground-type moves.

#Usage Tips

One of the main things you can do with Heatran is switch in on a fire move to boost up your fire moves with flash fire. On steel, Fire-Type Pokemon such as Victini, Entei, Darmanitan and Chandelure are great threats to steel. Heatran basically covers those threats, and since they all tend to be choiced items, you just hit earth power, or its your chance to set up stealth rock if you did not do so already. Heatran is a good pivot into most special moves, like Mega Manectric's Thunderbolt.

#Team Options

Skarmory is the best Pokemon on steel to form a defensive core with Heatran. Skarmory is weak to fire type attacks in which Heatran is immune to, and Heatran is weak to ground types which doesn’t have any affect on Skarmory. These two pokemon can also form a hazard stack team since Skarmory learns spikes and Heatran learns stealth rock. Ferrothorn is a good partner to take on water moves, and it can also set up spikes in combination with Heatran's stealth rock. Since Steel appreciates the hazards, Pokemon like Doublade and Bisharp help since Doublade isn’t affected by rapid spin and Defog raises bisharps attack, not only do these Pokemon help with hazard control but they both get access of swords dance which also helps late game sweeps, not to mention Doublade is also immune to fighting type attacks
implemented all falls down 's QC, awaiting QC#2

Rimz while doing the GP check for your Victini (Psychic) Choice Scarf set, I noticed some serious problems that can't be ignored. Here's another QC for you. Tag me when it's implemented, so I know I can finish the GP afterwards.

I'm going to give you a copy/paste that contains my work so far (Everything is done except for Set Details, which is untouched). Replace your analysis with my c/p and then implement the QC below (just helps so that I don't need to redo the corrections I've already made).

I hope you don't mind I took some liberties when I saw some minor details that I could fix.
For example: "V-Create is STAB, great damage to anything that resist" is probably not what you meant, so it's now: "V-create is Victini's best STAB attack and deals great damage to anything that doesn't resist it."
[SET]
Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Blue Flare / Trick

#Move Set:
V-create is Victini's best STAB attack and deals great damage to anything that doesn't resist it. Blue Flare also has STAB, is a special attack to hit Pokemon that are physically defensive, and avoids the V-create stat drops, making it useful for facing Bug- or Steel-type teams. Bolt Strike is for hitting Water-type Pokemon that resist Victini's Fire-type STAB attacks and for hitting Flying-type Pokemon. U-turn is good for gaining momentum and can also scout the opposing team's lead.

#Set Details:
Basically as Victini is 90% in usage, this is its standard set. It also helps vs Steel, a type that Psychic doesn't deal too well with, also psychic has threats such as +1 Mega Gyarados and Scarf Hoopa-Unbound that Victini can take care of. The V Create is literally for the power (180) and to do a massive amount of damage to anything resisting, plus if you are running it on a trick room team, pretty useful with the speed drop. Blue flare is to avoid v create stat drops, and to hit mons such as ferrothorn, scizor and skarmory who don’t necessarily need to be hit by a V Create. Bolt Strike is for things such as Gyarados, Sharpedo, Charizard who are threats to psychic, and lastly U Turn is for momentum.

#Usage Tips:
Due to its high Speed, Victini is a great lead to scout out your opponent and U-turn quickly. Thanks to V-create's high damage, Victini is even capable of taking on many common leads that don't resist its damage. Choice Scarf Victini also outspeeds +1 Mega Gyarados, so as long as Victini is brought in safely, it can KO Mega Gyarados with Bolt Strike before it uses a second Dragon Dance. Blue Flare is mostly just for sweeping Bug teams, as after setting up Stealth Rock, there is no reason to use the more powerful V-create that drops Victini's Speed. V-Create is more generally better though, unless Victini crucially needs its stats to either outspeed foes or survive priority hits. Victini is an important check to Volcarona, which is one of the main threats to Psychic teams. In fact, Choice Scarf Victini can easily revenge kill many of the Pokemon that threaten Psychic teams such as Mega Gyarados, Choice Scarf Hoopa-U, Heracross, and Mega Scizor.

#Team Options:
Slowbro is a good teammate for Victini, since it can pivot into Water- and Ground-type moves aimed at Victini. Choice Scarf Victini in particular has trouble getting past bulky Water-type Pokemon, so strong special attackers like Hoopa-U and Meloetta make for good partners. Stealth Rock setters like Jirachi, Mew, and Celebi are good teammates for Victini, since entry hazards let Victini wallbreak better and helps it specifically with Bug-type teams. Victini also hates Stealth Rock, so Defog support from Mew, Latios, or Latias is appreciated.

Moves:
Talk about Trick. There's no mention of it right now, which is a problem for this section. Trick is great for crippling defensive Pokemon, as they will now be Choice-locked. It is especially good against Eviolite users, which will now be far easier to break down. But, Blue Flare is more desirable in most cases, as its use as a backup STAB move is crucial to the success of Victini in some matchups.

Set Details:
Okay, most of this is actually redundant, given what has been discussed in Moves and Usage Tips. In general, Set Details is for talking about the set outside of the moves, not for how to use the set, its moves, or anything to do with moves at all. This means you need to talk about the EV spread, the nature, and the item. So you'll have to delete this section and start over with the proper topics.
Talk about the EV spread: maximum Attack EV investment powers up V-create and Bolt Strike as much as possible, as these are the main attacks Victini will be using. 252 Speed EVs allows it to, with a Choice Scarf, at least Speed tie with other Choice Scarf base 100 Speed Pokemon and outspeed common threats such as Choice Scarf Heracross and +1 Mega Gyarados. The remaining 4 EVs are placed in Special Attack to boost Blue Flare's damage slightly.
A Hasty nature is preferred over a Jolly nature to importantly not reduce Blue Flare's damage, allowing it to easily sweep through Bug teams. It is recommended to use a Hasty instead of a Naive nature, as Naive will reduce Victini's Special Defense stat, turning a commonly survived +2 Bug Buzz from Volcarona into an almost guaranteed OHKO.

Usage Tips:
Victini is a wonderful pivot! You have to mention how easily it forces switches and, with U-turn, gains momentum for the team, as this is one of its primary roles alongside revenge killing. U-turn is especially important for avoiding Pursuit trappers trying to switch in to trap Victini.
You should also note that Victini needs to be careful of Stealth Rock damage, as that will seriously damage Victini each time it pivots.
Again, talk about Trick. If Victini doesn't need the Speed to revenge kill, having the freedom to switch moves is greatly welcome. Further, Victini should use Trick, as mentioned above, to cripple defensive Pokemon that it otherwise cannot beat. This is huge for balance breaking, as if either of the SkarmDos core gets Tricked, or if the Staraptor / Chansey / Porygon2 core gets Tricked, the core is much easier to break down with other wallbreakers. Trick is also great for making Victini useful against stall teams, as in just a single turn, it eases the need for prediction and cripples a core member.

Team Options:
Mention Mega Gardevoir for beating Dark teams! Victini is not that useful against Dark due to Tyranitar and Mandibuzz. Mandibuzz hard walls Victini, Tyranitar Pursuit traps it, and even Bisharp can easily just revenge killl it with Sucker Punch. Mega Gardevoir's Pixilate Hyper Voice tears holes into the team, making it easier for Victini to be useful.
Mega Medicham should also get a mention for being a phenomenal wallbreaker that can break almost all of Victini's checks, such as Mandibuzz, Porygon2, Staraptor, Swampert, and others. Victini also helps Mega Medicham with its own checks, such as by breaking Doublade or revenge killing faster threats.

Just got around to reading this one, but it is one I wanted to chime in on.

In set details on the defensive set mention Safety Goggles as an option. This lets Staraptor switch in on Breloom, a major threat to Normal teams, without worrying about Spore. Lefties is generally preferred though.

I disagree with the moves you've slashed in that final slot (idk if other QC members said those should be there x_x). Close combat should definitely be slashed and it should be first imo. Bisharp is a major threat to the type and can come in unpunished w/o CC. There isn't another pokemon on Normal teams that can switch in once it is at +2 and it will always get a KO. Feather Dance and Whirlwind don't actually do anything to help in this (very common) scenario.

As for what to slash with CC, I think Feather Dance and U-turn have equal viability (but I personally dislike using Feather Dance). Whirlwind and Toxic are things to mention in Set Details, but mention how weak that leaves a Normal team to Bisharp. Toxic is typically better suited to Pory2 or Chansey imo.

I'm not a fan of those 12 EVs in SpD when you'll have a Chansey to switch in 100% of the time on a Hydreigon, but it isn't that big of a deal.
I can add Safety Goggles on Staraptor. Now I wouldn't have to rely on a predicted Spore incoming for Ditto to be switched into it (That happens a lot me vs Fighting). I never really used Whirlwind or Toxic on it before and I don't exactly know how viable it is. The most common set I use on it is Brave Bird, Defog, Roost, and Close Combat with 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD. Close Combat so I have something to hit Steel-types and Tyranitar for whatever reason. I'll just put Whirlwind and Toxic as alternates if people had much success with it.

I made the above changes.

Last edited:

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Done (QC 1/2)

Dark

[Overview]
Mega Sableye is a staple wall in the Monotype metagame. Its secondary Ghost typing allows it to be immune from Fighting-type attacks which is a invaluable to Dark-type teams. It has amazing defenses coupled with a fantastic ability to bounce back status moves and hazards that couple cripple offensive wallbreakers such as Hoopa-U and Weavile, which turns it into wonderful bulky pivot. Mega Sableye also contains an amazing support movepool with moves such as Taunt and Will-O-Wisp that allows it to cripple most physically attacking Fighting-types, and possess a setup move in Calm Mind that can transform it into a deadly win condition. However, Mega Sableye is often worn down quite easily due to its abysmal HP, and its low Speed that lets it be outspeed by most wallbreakers. It can also be severly crippled from moves such as Scald and Lava Plume from hazards setters on the switchin.

[Set]
Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Recover

#Moves
Calm Mind allows Mega Sableye to become a deadly setup sweeper, as KO'ing it can be very difficult after a couple of boosts. Will-O-Wisp is a great utility move that can halve the attack of your opponent, which in conjunction with the Calm Mind boosts can be very frightening towards your opponent. Shadow Ball is the main STAB move of choice that allows Mega Sableye to hit most targets neutrally. However, Dark Pulse can be used instead, but Mege Sableye can stall out most Normal-types through its typing, Magic Bounce, and moves such as Will-O-Wisp and Recover. Snarl is another Dark-type STAB option that lowers your opponents Special Attack by 1 stage, although it is quite weak in power compared to the other two moves. Recover is a useful move that replenishes half the HP of Mega Sableye, which allows it to increase its longevity in order to stall out most threats.

#Set Details
EV's were maxed out in HP and Defense with the Bold nature in order for Mega Sableye to counter physical attackers who try to face Mega Sableye after a couple of Calm Mind boosts. Prankster is an amazing ability pre-mega evolution that gives priority to all of Sableye's status moves, which means it can effectively cripple physical attackers or recover half its HP on the turn it mega evolves.

#Usage Tips
Mega Sableye can be used predominantly later throughout the match when more bulky walls have been taken down, or it can act as a lead to counter hazard setters as well. Mega Sableye can also be used as a bulky pivot to counteract opposing status moves as well, although your opponent may predict these switchins and use powerful attacks instead. Also try to avoid moves with secondary effects such as Scald and Sludge Bomb, as these moves can cripple and severely weaken Mega Sableye's walling capabilities. Mega Sableye is a perfect switchin however to Fighting-type physical attackers, as the lack of holding a removable item decreases the power of Knock Off significantly. It can also preserve its mega evolution to fire off priority Will-O-Wisps to cripple physical attackers.

#Team options
Mega Sableye is only weak to Fairy-type Pokemon, so Steel- and Poison-type partners such as Bisharp and Drapion can be a great addition to the team. Priority users like Crawdaunt and Weavile may also be useful to take out fast powerful offensive Pokemon that can threaten Mega Sableye. Defog Mandibuzz is a great utility partner that can ease the burden of a hazard remover that Mega Sableye is often forced to be, and can help Mega Sableye switch in more safely on enemy attacks. Tyranitar is also a great teammate that deals with powerful special attackers, which can help Mega Sableye sweep more easily later on. Choice Scarf Hoopa-U can also be used to weaken down the opposing team in order for Mega Sableye to revenge kill more often later on.[/COLOR]
Still awaiting final QC

Confluxx [Old]

Banned deucer.
On behalf of scpinion and the rest of the QC team, it's great that you guys wanna contribute to this project and the tier itself, however keep in mind if you wanna make an analysis, don't do it just for the sake of doing it. Make sure you're experienced enough with the Pokemon you're writing the analysis for and you're able to include almost everything there is to say about the Pokemon so it doesn't take tons of QC's to make it good. Also if your analysis hasn't received a QC yet, don't bump it because it clutters the thread. We'll go through all analyses and QC everything eventually.

Done (QC 1/2)

Dark

[Overview]
Mega Sableye is a staple wall in the Monotype metagame. Its secondary Ghost typing allows it to be immune from Fighting-type attacks which is a invaluable to Dark-type teams. It has amazing defenses coupled with a fantastic ability to bounce back status moves and hazards that couple cripple offensive wallbreakers such as Hoopa-U and Weavile, which turns it into wonderful bulky pivot. Mega Sableye also contains an amazing support movepool with moves such as Taunt and Will-O-Wisp that allows it to cripple most physically attacking Fighting-types, and possess a setup move in Calm Mind that can transform it into a deadly win condition. However, Mega Sableye is often worn down quite easily due to its abysmal HP, and its low Speed that lets it be outspeed by most wallbreakers. It can also be severly crippled from moves such as Scald and Lava Plume from hazards setters on the switchin.

[Set]
Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Recover

#Moves
Calm Mind allows Mega Sableye to become a deadly setup sweeper, as KO'ing it can be very difficult after a couple of boosts. Will-O-Wisp is a great utility move that can halve the attack of your opponent, which in conjunction with the Calm Mind boosts can be very frightening towards your opponent. Shadow Ball is the main STAB move of choice that allows Mega Sableye to hit most targets neutrally. However, Dark Pulse can be used instead, but Mege Sableye can stall out most Normal-types through its typing, Magic Bounce, and moves such as Will-O-Wisp and Recover. Snarl is another Dark-type STAB option that lowers your opponents Special Attack by 1 stage, although it is quite weak in power compared to the other two moves. Recover is a useful move that replenishes half the HP of Mega Sableye, which allows it to increase its longevity in order to stall out most threats.

#Set Details
EV's were maxed out in HP and Defense with the Bold nature in order for Mega Sableye to counter physical attackers who try to face Mega Sableye after a couple of Calm Mind boosts. Prankster is an amazing ability pre-mega evolution that gives priority to all of Sableye's status moves, which means it can effectively cripple physical attackers or recover half its HP on the turn it mega evolves.

#Usage Tips
Mega Sableye can be used predominantly later throughout the match when more bulky walls have been taken down, or it can act as a lead to counter hazard setters as well. Mega Sableye can also be used as a bulky pivot to counteract opposing status moves as well, although your opponent may predict these switchins and use powerful attacks instead. Also try to avoid moves with secondary effects such as Scald and Sludge Bomb, as these moves can cripple and severely weaken Mega Sableye's walling capabilities. Mega Sableye is a perfect switchin however to Fighting-type physical attackers, as the lack of holding a removable item decreases the power of Knock Off significantly. It can also preserve its mega evolution to fire off priority Will-O-Wisps to cripple physical attackers.

#Team options
Mega Sableye is only weak to Fairy-type Pokemon, so Steel- and Poison-type partners such as Bisharp and Drapion can be a great addition to the team. Priority users like Crawdaunt and Weavile may also be useful to take out fast powerful offensive Pokemon that can threaten Mega Sableye. Defog Mandibuzz is a great utility partner that can ease the burden of a hazard remover that Mega Sableye is often forced to be, and can help Mega Sableye switch in more safely on enemy attacks. Tyranitar is also a great teammate that deals with powerful special attackers, which can help Mega Sableye sweep more easily later on. Choice Scarf Hoopa-U can also be used to weaken down the opposing team in order for Mega Sableye to revenge kill more often later on.[/COLOR]
QC

#Moves
- "Will-O-Wisp is a great utility move that can halve the attack of your opponent, which in conjunction with the Calm Mind boosts can be very threatening towards your opponent" The second half of this sentence is worded strangely, change it to something like "...your opponent, which allows Mega Sableye to set up Calm Mind more easily" or something along those lines.
- Specifically mention that Shadow Ball hits Fighting-types harder than Snarl and Dark Pulse, making it a better option.
- Say how Snarl can help ease setup and help Sableye win Calm Mind wars.
#Set Details
-
Looks good
#Usage Tips
-
"...or it can act as a lead to counter hazard setters as well" I get what you're saying, but make it a little more in-depth. Like, maybe "you can choose to Mega Evolve early in order to continually stop hazard setters throughout the match."
- "Mega Sableye is a perfect switch-in to Fighting-type physical attackers, as the lack of holding a removable item decreases the power of Knock Off significantly." This makes it seem like Knock Off is troublesome for Dark Monotype; edit out the part about Knock Off. Add in "Because of its immunity to Fighting and good bulk, Mega Sableye is a perfect switch-in to Fighting-type physical attackers.", or, again, something like that.
#Team Options
- Mention how Bisharp also helps Mega Sableye stop the opponent from removing hazards, as Bisharp uses Defiant to take advantage of Defog and Mega Sableye is a great spinblocker due its Ghost typing and bulk.
- Mention that TTar specifically helps with Fire-types, which is important since they're immune to burns and typically can break through Mega Sableye.
- With Hoopa-U, say how it can use Hyperspace Hole or Hyperspace Fury to beat Substitute users that try to take advantage of Mega Sableye, like Substitute + Calm Mind Keldeo.
- "...in order for Mega Sableye to revenge kill more often later on." instead of "revenge kill more often" say "set up and sweep"; Mega Sableye doesn't really revenge kill anything
- You may also want to mention Umbreon, its Heal Bell support can cure any sort of status on Mega Sableye coming from Scald or Lava Plume, etc, and can help with special attackers that overwhelm Sableye.

Implement these for QC 2/2, nice job! This is almost complete.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Done (QC 2/2) (GP 0/2)

Dark

[Overview]

[Set]
Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Recover

#Moves
Calm Mind allows Mega Sableye to become a deadly setup sweeper, as KO'ing it can be very difficult after a couple of boosts. Will-O-Wisp is a great utility move that can halve the attack of your opponent, which allows Mega Sableye to set up Calm Mind more easily. Shadow Ball is the main STAB move of choice that allows Mega Sableye to hit most targets neutrally. However, Dark Pulse can be used instead, but Mega Sableye can stall out most Normal-types through its typing, Magic Bounce, and moves such as Will-O-Wisp and Recover. Shadow Ball is also the better option to hit Fighting-types for neutral damage. Snarl is another Dark-type STAB option that lowers your opponents Special Attack by 1 stage which helps it face other Calm Mind abusers more adequately, although it is quite weak in power compared to the other two moves. Recover is a useful move that replenishes half the HP of Mega Sableye, which allows it to increase its longevity in order to stall out most threats.

#Set Details

#Usage Tips
Mega Sableye can be used predominantly later throughout the match when more bulky walls have been taken down, or you can choose to Mega Evolve early in order to continually stop hazard setters throughout the match. Mega Sableye can also be used as a bulky pivot to counteract opposing status moves as well, although your opponent may predict these switchins and use powerful attacks instead. Also try to avoid moves with secondary effects such as Scald and Sludge Bomb, as these moves can cripple and severely weaken Mega Sableye's walling capabilities. Because of its immunity to Fighting and good bulk, Mega Sableye is a perfect switch-in to Fighting-type physical attackers. It can also preserve its mega evolution to fire off priority Will-O-Wisps to cripple physical attackers.

#Team options
Mega Sableye is only weak to Fairy-type Pokemon, so Steel- and Poison-type partners such as Bisharp and Drapion can be a great addition to the team. Bisharp also pressures your opponent to not remove their hazards, as Defog would activate its Defiant ability and give it a +2 Attack boost. Priority users like Crawdaunt and Weavile may also be useful to take out fast powerful offensive Pokemon that can threaten Mega Sableye. Defog Mandibuzz is a great utility partner that can ease the burden of a hazard remover that Mega Sableye is often forced to be, and can help Mega Sableye switch in more safely on enemy attacks. Tyranitar is also a great teammate that deals with powerful special attackers, especially Fire-type Pokemon who are immune to burns and can wallbreak Mega Sableye more easily. Choice Scarf Hoopa-U can also be used to weaken down the opposing teams and can counter Substitute users with Hyperspace Hole and Hyperspace Fury such as Calm Mind Keldeo, as Mega Sableye often struggles to break past the Substitiute without a few boosts. Umbreon may also be used as a cleric with Heal Bell that can remove the status from Mega Sableye if it gets crippled from moves such as Scald and Lava Plume. It also can act as a special wall that can counter wallbreakers that can possibly overwhelm Mega Sableye such as Chandelure and Gengar effectively. [/COLOR]
SirSkit ok implemented, ready for GP

Seo.

Rimz while doing the GP check for your Victini (Psychic) Choice Scarf set, I noticed some serious problems that can't be ignored. Here's another QC for you. Tag me when it's implemented, so I know I can finish the GP afterwards.

I'm going to give you a copy/paste that contains my work so far (Everything is done except for Set Details, which is untouched). Replace your analysis with my c/p and then implement the QC below (just helps so that I don't need to redo the corrections I've already made).

I hope you don't mind I took some liberties when I saw some minor details that I could fix.
For example: "V-Create is STAB, great damage to anything that resist" is probably not what you meant, so it's now: "V-create is Victini's best STAB attack and deals great damage to anything that doesn't resist it."
[SET]
Victini @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Blue Flare / Trick

#Move Set:
V-create is Victini's best STAB attack and deals great damage to anything that doesn't resist it. Blue Flare also has STAB, is a special attack to hit Pokemon that are physically defensive, and avoids the V-create stat drops, making it useful for facing Bug- or Steel-type teams. Bolt Strike is for hitting Water-type Pokemon that resist Victini's Fire-type STAB attacks and for hitting Flying-type Pokemon. U-turn is good for gaining momentum and can also scout the opposing team's lead.

#Set Details:
Basically as Victini is 90% in usage, this is its standard set. It also helps vs Steel, a type that Psychic doesn't deal too well with, also psychic has threats such as +1 Mega Gyarados and Scarf Hoopa-Unbound that Victini can take care of. The V Create is literally for the power (180) and to do a massive amount of damage to anything resisting, plus if you are running it on a trick room team, pretty useful with the speed drop. Blue flare is to avoid v create stat drops, and to hit mons such as ferrothorn, scizor and skarmory who don’t necessarily need to be hit by a V Create. Bolt Strike is for things such as Gyarados, Sharpedo, Charizard who are threats to psychic, and lastly U Turn is for momentum.

#Usage Tips:
Due to its high Speed, Victini is a great lead to scout out your opponent and U-turn quickly. Thanks to V-create's high damage, Victini is even capable of taking on many common leads that don't resist its damage. Choice Scarf Victini also outspeeds +1 Mega Gyarados, so as long as Victini is brought in safely, it can KO Mega Gyarados with Bolt Strike before it uses a second Dragon Dance. Blue Flare is mostly just for sweeping Bug teams, as after setting up Stealth Rock, there is no reason to use the more powerful V-create that drops Victini's Speed. V-Create is more generally better though, unless Victini crucially needs its stats to either outspeed foes or survive priority hits. Victini is an important check to Volcarona, which is one of the main threats to Psychic teams. In fact, Choice Scarf Victini can easily revenge kill many of the Pokemon that threaten Psychic teams such as Mega Gyarados, Choice Scarf Hoopa-U, Heracross, and Mega Scizor.

#Team Options:
Slowbro is a good teammate for Victini, since it can pivot into Water- and Ground-type moves aimed at Victini. Choice Scarf Victini in particular has trouble getting past bulky Water-type Pokemon, so strong special attackers like Hoopa-U and Meloetta make for good partners. Stealth Rock setters like Jirachi, Mew, and Celebi are good teammates for Victini, since entry hazards let Victini wallbreak better and helps it specifically with Bug-type teams. Victini also hates Stealth Rock, so Defog support from Mew, Latios, or Latias is appreciated.

Moves:
Talk about Trick. There's no mention of it right now, which is a problem for this section. Trick is great for crippling defensive Pokemon, as they will now be Choice-locked. It is especially good against Eviolite users, which will now be far easier to break down. But, Blue Flare is more desirable in most cases, as its use as a backup STAB move is crucial to the success of Victini in some matchups.

Set Details:
Okay, most of this is actually redundant, given what has been discussed in Moves and Usage Tips. In general, Set Details is for talking about the set outside of the moves, not for how to use the set, its moves, or anything to do with moves at all. This means you need to talk about the EV spread, the nature, and the item. So you'll have to delete this section and start over with the proper topics.
Talk about the EV spread: maximum Attack EV investment powers up V-create and Bolt Strike as much as possible, as these are the main attacks Victini will be using. 252 Speed EVs allows it to, with a Choice Scarf, at least Speed tie with other Choice Scarf base 100 Speed Pokemon and outspeed common threats such as Choice Scarf Heracross and +1 Mega Gyarados. The remaining 4 EVs are placed in Special Attack to boost Blue Flare's damage slightly.
A Hasty nature is preferred over a Jolly nature to importantly not reduce Blue Flare's damage, allowing it to easily sweep through Bug teams. It is recommended to use a Hasty instead of a Naive nature, as Naive will reduce Victini's Special Defense stat, turning a commonly survived +2 Bug Buzz from Volcarona into an almost guaranteed OHKO.

Usage Tips:
Victini is a wonderful pivot! You have to mention how easily it forces switches and, with U-turn, gains momentum for the team, as this is one of its primary roles alongside revenge killing. U-turn is especially important for avoiding Pursuit trappers trying to switch in to trap Victini.
You should also note that Victini needs to be careful of Stealth Rock damage, as that will seriously damage Victini each time it pivots.
Again, talk about Trick. If Victini doesn't need the Speed to revenge kill, having the freedom to switch moves is greatly welcome. Further, Victini should use Trick, as mentioned above, to cripple defensive Pokemon that it otherwise cannot beat. This is huge for balance breaking, as if either of the SkarmDos core gets Tricked, or if the Staraptor / Chansey / Porygon2 core gets Tricked, the core is much easier to break down with other wallbreakers. Trick is also great for making Victini useful against stall teams, as in just a single turn, it eases the need for prediction and cripples a core member.

Team Options:
Mention Mega Gardevoir for beating Dark teams! Victini is not that useful against Dark due to Tyranitar and Mandibuzz. Mandibuzz hard walls Victini, Tyranitar Pursuit traps it, and even Bisharp can easily just revenge killl it with Sucker Punch. Mega Gardevoir's Pixilate Hyper Voice tears holes into the team, making it easier for Victini to be useful.
Mega Medicham should also get a mention for being a phenomenal wallbreaker that can break almost all of Victini's checks, such as Mandibuzz, Porygon2, Staraptor, Swampert, and others. Victini also helps Mega Medicham with its own checks, such as by breaking Doublade or revenge killing faster threats.
Thanks a lot! Ill edit it by tonight

Keldeo (Water)
Ready for GP
With it's good speed tier and high Special Attack, Keldeo is a valuable asset to Water. It also has a good defensive typing and strong wallbreaking capabilities, being able to break through physical and special walls. Keldeo is a huge help against types like Normal, Dark, Ice, Flying and Steel due to its high Special Attack and Fighting-type STAB. Keldeo breaks through common defensive cores that Water tends to struggle with like Zapdos and Skarmory, Ferrothorn and Cradily, and Porygon2 and Chansey. However, it has a lacking movepool, and although it outspeeds the crowded Base 100 tier, it still has trouble with faster threats, like Mega Gallade and the Lati Twins, which all OHKO if they are offensive.

#SET
Keldeo @ Choice Specs / Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind / Hidden Power [Flying]

#Moves
Scald is a powerful STAB move with a good chance to burn, which cripples its switch-ins and gradually chips down their health. Secret Sword is secondary STAB that deals damage based on physical Defense which lets Keldeo break through special walls. Hydro Pump is a stronger Scald and guarantees more OHKO or 2HKOs, and is better for wallbreaking at the price of a lower accuracy. Icy wind is used to Pokemon such as Dragonite, Whimsicott, Latios, and Latias, as they resist both STABs. Hidden Power Flying is used specifically to hit Mega Venusaur, which would otherwise wall Keldeo.

#Set Details
Maximum Speed investments and a Timid nature are used to maximize its speed and outspeed many other Pokemon. Max Special Attack is to maximize the damage it deals to the foe. Choice Specs turns Keldeo into an incredibly strong wallbreaker that can spam moves like Scald which has a chance to burn, which makes its job easier. Life orb is another option because it allows move switching while still dealing a good amount of damage. This helps against Pokemon with Water Absorb, and Chansey, as you can switch moves instead of being locked into them.

#Usage Tips
Switching into Keldeo is difficult for some types, as its coverage moves can put a dent into common switchins to it, like Zapdos, who is 2HKO'd by Hydro Pump. Switching Keldeo into unresisted attacks isn't really a good idea because of its subpar defenses. Keldeo can freely scald its switch-ins to inflict burns and gradually wear them down.

#Teammate Options
Mega Venusaur is Keldeo's main check, so regular Gyarados with Bounce is a check, as well as Starmie with Psychic. Azumarill is a good partner for Keldeo because they are both powerful wallbreakers who form a strong offensive core that can handle each others checks fairly well. Mega Gyarados and Mega Sharpedo both get rid of psychic types Keldeo struggles with, and Keldeo can weaken or remove their checks and allow them to sweep. Keldeo greatly appreciates hazards, so Emploen and Swampert are good partners. Volcanion and Cloyster are good partners as they help with the Grass types that would otherwise threaten Keldeo.

#SET
Keldeo @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Scald
- Secret Sword

#Moves
Calm Mind is a boosting move that allows Keldeo to sweep some types, like Steel and Normal. Substitute allows for Calm Minds to be used with less danger to Keldeo, as it prevents status. Scald is a good STAB move with an added burn chance. Secret Sword is a secondary STAB move that hits physical Defense, helping against special walls like Cradily and Chansey.

#Set Details
Maximum speed investment with a Timid nature allows for Keldeo to outspeed other Pokemon, and beats out the crowded speed tier of base 100. Max Special Attack investment allows it to maximize its damage output against the foe. Leftovers is used to provide passive recovery and to allow for more Substitutes. There isn't really any variety allowed for the moves as these are the only ones it needs.

#Usage Tips
Keldeo has many opportunities to set up Calm Mind due to its good defensive typing. Setting up Substitute when your opponent can't really touch you, or on a predicted switch. Substitute can be used to scout for moves, as well. Calm Mind Keldeo is best used as a late game sweeper after its checks are weakened or gone. Bringing Keldeo in to revenge kill can also work, as it has a good speed tier and has a strong Special Attack even when unboosted.

#Teammate Options
Volcanion can be used because it has powerful wallbreaking capabilities and similar checks to Keldeo, which allows for one to sweep late game. It also helps against grass, and Cloyster does too. Mega Gyarados and Mega Sharpedo are good partners because they remove the Psychic-types that Keldeo struggles with, and Keldeo can get rid of their checks and allow them to sweep late game. Regular Gyarados with Bounce and Starmie with Psychic or Psyshock is are good Mega Venusaur checks, which walls Keldeo. Rotom-Wash is a good pivot that can wear down and cripple opposing Pokemon with Will-O-Wisp, which would allow Keldeo to set up safely and keep its Substitutes. Hazards can turn 2HKOs into OHKOs, so hazard setters like Swampert and Empoleon are greatly appreciated by Keldeo.

Last edited:

Seo.

[SET]
Victini @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Blue Flare / Trick

#Move Set:

#Set Details:

#Usage Tips:

#Team Options:

Moves:

Set Details:

Usage Tips:

Team Options:
Implemented all changes!

Confluxx [Old]

Banned deucer.
Keldeo (Water)
Ready for QC (0/2)
With it's good speed tier and high Special Attack, Keldeo is a valuable asset to Water. It also has decent bulk, a good defensive typing and strong wallbreaking capabilities. Keldeo is a huge help against types like ground, fighting and steel as well. However, it has a lacking movepool, and although it outspeeds the crowded Base 100 tier, it still has trouble with faster threats, like Mega Gallade and the Lati Twins, which can do serious damage to it, if not OHKO.

#SET
Keldeo @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind / Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Flying] / Hydro Pump

#Moves
Scald is a powerful STAB move with a good chance to burn. Secret Sword essentially makes Keldeo a mixed attacker. Icy wind is used specifically to hit tanky garchomp and and Landorus-T. Hidden Power Flying hits Grass- and Fighting-types, and has a chance to 2HKO offensive Mega Venusaur. Hydro Pump can alo be used in place of Icy Wind and Hidden Power Flying, to hit harder than Scald when it is needed.

#Set Details
Maximum Speed investments and a Jolly nature are used to outspeed as many Pokemon as possible, and max Special Attack is to hit harder. Choice Specs allows Keldeo to hit very hard, but Choice Scarf can be used to outspeed many threats while hitting hard, like Choice Scarf Magnezone.

#Usage Tips
Keldeo is a good revenge killer and wallbreaker. Secret sword is amazing for wallbreaking, being able to break special walls like Chansey and Cradily who would otherwise wall Keldeo. Switching into Keldeo is difficult for some types, as its coverage moves can put a dent into common switchins to it, like Zapdos, who is 2HKO'd by Hydro Pump. After Ground's water absorber is gone, Keldeo is very hard to stop.

#Teammate Options
Azumarill is a good partner for Keldeo because they are both powerful wallbreakers who form a strong offensive core that can handle each others checks fairly well. Mega Gyarados is another physical wallbreaker which can deal with Keldeo's checks, and provides help in the psychic matchup. Mega Sharpedo is a good late-game sweeper, and Keldeo can weaken or remove its checks and allow it to sweep.

#SET
Keldeo @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

#Moves
Substitute allows for Calm Minds to be used with less danger to Keldeo. Calm Mind is a good boosting move that allows Keldeo to sweep some types, like Steel and Normal. Scald is a good STAB move with an added burn chance. Secret Sword is another STAB move that makes Keldeo essentially a mixed attacker.

#Set Details
Maximum speed investment with a Jolly nature allows for Keldeo to outspeed other Pokemon, and beats out the crowded speed tier of base 100. Max Special Attack investment allows it to hit as hard as possible. Leftovers is used to provide passive recovery and to allow for more Substitutes. There isn't really any variety allowed for the moves as these are the only ones it needs.

#Usage Tips
Keldeo has many opportunities to set up Calm Mind due to its good defensive typing and natural bulk. Setting up Substitutes when the opponent switches expecting an attack gives a free Calm Mind opportunity. Substitute can be used to scout what your opponent does, as well. Calm Mind Keldeo is best used as a late game sweeper after its checks are weakened or gone. Bringing Keldeo in to revenge kill can also work, as it has a good speed tier and has a strong Special Attack even when unboosted.

#Teammate Options
Volcanion can be used because it has powerful wallbreaking capabilities and similar checks to Keldeo, which allows for one to sweep late game. Mega Gyarados is a good partner because they can handle each other's checks. Rotom-Wash is a good pivot that can wear down and cripple opposing Pokemon, which would allow Keldeo so set up safely.
QC:

Overview
- I don't think it's worth mentioning that Keldeo helps vs Ground because your analysis is for Water which doesn't have any issues with Ground. You also mention it helps vs Fighting which doesn't really make sense to me. Keldeo doesn't resist Fighting and it can't really switch into many attacks from Fighting-types other than a Fire move from Infernape, a Megahorn from Heracross etc. It is a strong wallbreaker and nothing really wants to switch-in, but Keldeo has never been known to help vs Fighting so I'd remove that. Instead you could add that it helps vs Normal, Dark, Ice and even Flying. The Eviolite core on Normal is actually very annoying to Water so you should definitely get in detail about how it helps vs the types listed. Flying has the SkarmDos core which Specs Keldeo breaks as it 2HKOs Zapdos with Hydro Pump or even Scald if rocks are up.
- "like Mega Gallade and the Lati Twins, which can do serious damage to it, if not OHKO". Mega Gallade and the Latis all OHKO Keldeo without question if they're offensive, so you should phrase that differently.
- Mention that Keldeo's typing allows it to check threats like Mega Gyarados, Weavile, Bisharp and it can also get rid of Ferrothorn and Cradily which are very annoying Pokemon to Water, even though you mentioned it helps vs Steel, specifically mention Ferrothorn, as well as Cradily.

Set
- Remove the Icy Wind slash on the third slot and keep Hydro Pump. Put Icy Wind / Hidden Power Flying in the 4th slot, in that order.

Moves
- "Secret Sword essentially makes Keldeo a mixed attacker." This sounds weird, just say it's its secondary STAB move that deals damage based on the foe's physical defense and say it's useful for things like Ferrothorn, Cradily and Chansey. Mention Hydro Pump after Secret Sword and say it's more powerful than Scald and can guarantee OHKOs or 2HKOs on Pokemon and is better for wallbreaking in general. Hidden Power Flying isn't there for Fighting types as Scald does the same amount of damage and has a chance to burn. It's specifically used for Mega Venusaur, not just any Grass type.

Set Details
- You said Jolly instead of Timid, this was most likely an accident since it says Timid on the actual set.
- The way the whole thing is written seems kinda lazy. Instead of saying "to outspeed other Pokemon" say something like "to maximize it's Speed and allow it to outspeed many other Pokemon". "to maximize the damage it deals to the foe" instead of just saying "to hit harder". Choice Specs doesn't just make Keldeo hit hard, it turns it into an incredibly strong wallbreaker that can spam moves like Scald which makes it's job easier by having a decent chance to burn. You should also mention that Life Orb is also an option, I didn't suggest this under "Set" because having too many slashes under Item would be a bit messy, but it's definitely worth a mention here. Mention how Life Orb allows Keldeo to switch moves which is helpful against Pokemon with Water Absorb and Chansey.

Usage Tips
Don't go in detail about what each move does and what Pokemon it can take care of, that's for the Overview and Moves section. This section is just for Keldeo and how it's supposed to be used. You did mention that Keldeo is a good wallbreaker and revenge killer which is true. Say that it shouldn't be switched in on moves it doesn't resist from strong attackers because it's defenses are pretty subpar.

Team Options
Give Starmie a mention as it checks Mega Venusaur, something Keldeo doesn't appreciate at all even with Hidden Power Flying. Regular Gyarados with Bounce can also check it. Strong wallbreakers like Keldeo appreciate hazards being up so Pokemon with access to hazards such as Swampert, Empoleon and Omastar. Volcanion and Cloyster, one being part Fire-type and the other part Ice, can deal with Grass types which threaten Keldeo.

Usage Tips
Keldeo isn't that bulky. Subsitute is supposed to be used on the predicted switch or against Pokemon who can't really touch you and it's not always needed for setting up a Calm Mind.

As for the rest of the stuff, just implement the same things I mentioned in the Choiced Attacker set, including the part where you say Secret Sword makes Keldeo a mixed attacker.

QC:

Overview
- I don't think it's worth mentioning that Keldeo helps vs Ground because your analysis is for Water which doesn't have any issues with Ground. You also mention it helps vs Fighting which doesn't really make sense to me. Keldeo doesn't resist Fighting and it can't really switch into many attacks from Fighting-types other than a Fire move from Infernape, a Megahorn from Heracross etc. It is a strong wallbreaker and nothing really wants to switch-in, but Keldeo has never been known to help vs Fighting so I'd remove that. Instead you could add that it helps vs Normal, Dark, Ice and even Flying. The Eviolite core on Normal is actually very annoying to Water so you should definitely get in detail about how it helps vs the types listed. Flying has the SkarmDos core which Specs Keldeo breaks as it 2HKOs Zapdos with Hydro Pump or even Scald if rocks are up.
- "like Mega Gallade and the Lati Twins, which can do serious damage to it, if not OHKO". Mega Gallade and the Latis all OHKO Keldeo without question if they're offensive, so you should phrase that differently.
- Mention that Keldeo's typing allows it to check threats like Mega Gyarados, Weavile, Bisharp and it can also get rid of Ferrothorn and Cradily which are very annoying Pokemon to Water, even though you mentioned it helps vs Steel, specifically mention Ferrothorn, as well as Cradily.

Set
- Remove the Icy Wind slash on the third slot and keep Hydro Pump. Put Icy Wind / Hidden Power Flying in the 4th slot, in that order.

Moves
- "Secret Sword essentially makes Keldeo a mixed attacker." This sounds weird, just say it's its secondary STAB move that deals damage based on the foe's physical defense and say it's useful for things like Ferrothorn, Cradily and Chansey. Mention Hydro Pump after Secret Sword and say it's more powerful than Scald and can guarantee OHKOs or 2HKOs on Pokemon and is better for wallbreaking in general. Hidden Power Flying isn't there for Fighting types as Scald does the same amount of damage and has a chance to burn. It's specifically used for Mega Venusaur, not just any Grass type.

Set Details
- You said Jolly instead of Timid, this was most likely an accident since it says Timid on the actual set.
- The way the whole thing is written seems kinda lazy. Instead of saying "to outspeed other Pokemon" say something like "to maximize it's Speed and allow it to outspeed many other Pokemon". "to maximize the damage it deals to the foe" instead of just saying "to hit harder". Choice Specs doesn't just make Keldeo hit hard, it turns it into an incredibly strong wallbreaker that can spam moves like Scald which makes it's job easier by having a decent chance to burn. You should also mention that Life Orb is also an option, I didn't suggest this under "Set" because having too many slashes under Item would be a bit messy, but it's definitely worth a mention here. Mention how Life Orb allows Keldeo to switch moves which is helpful against Pokemon with Water Absorb and Chansey.

Usage Tips
Don't go in detail about what each move does and what Pokemon it can take care of, that's for the Overview and Moves section. This section is just for Keldeo and how it's supposed to be used. You did mention that Keldeo is a good wallbreaker and revenge killer which is true. Say that it shouldn't be switched in on moves it doesn't resist from strong attackers because it's defenses are pretty subpar.

Team Options
Give Starmie a mention as it checks Mega Venusaur, something Keldeo doesn't appreciate at all even with Hidden Power Flying. Regular Gyarados with Bounce can also check it. Strong wallbreakers like Keldeo appreciate hazards being up so Pokemon with access to hazards such as Swampert, Empoleon and Omastar. Volcanion and Cloyster, one being part Fire-type and the other part Ice, can deal with Grass types which threaten Keldeo.

Usage Tips
Keldeo isn't that bulky. Subsitute is supposed to be used on the predicted switch or against Pokemon who can't really touch you and it's not always needed for setting up a Calm Mind.

As for the rest of the stuff, just implement the same things I mentioned in the Choiced Attacker set, including the part where you say Secret Sword makes Keldeo a mixed attacker.
Made the changes, awaiting second QC

Seo.

Ready for GP
QC (2/2)
Choice Scarf Kyurem-Black (Dragon)

[SET]
Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SpA / 224 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head

#Moves
Ice Beam is a reliable STAB attack that has amazing coverage, hitting many Ground-, Flying-, and Dragon-types hard such as Landorus, Dragonite and Hippowdon. Outrage is Kyurem-Black's main STAB move. It hits extremely hard thanks to Kyurem-Black's amazing Attack stat, and OHKO's or 2HKO's a very large portion of the offensive metagame such as Hoopa-Unbound and Victini. Fusion Bolt gives Kyurem-Black perfect neutral coverage alongside Ice Beam and hits Water-types such as Azumarill and Slowbro, as well as cripples many Flying-types that are neutral to Ice like Mega Charizard Y and Gyarados for massive damage. Iron head is used to check Fairy-types such as Mega Diancie, Gardevoir and Clefable. Finally, Earth Power can be used over Iron Head for coverage against Steel- and Fire-type Pokemon such as Heatran, Doublade, Bisharp, and Torkoal, but is generally not recommended as the loss in coverage is almost never worth it.

#Set Details
224 Speed EVs with a Naive nature allows it to just outspeed Choice Scarf Landorus-T and Mega Diancie. Naive is preferred over Hasty to preserve its Defense stat, allowing it to more easily take on most priority moves, and certainly preferred over Jolly, which weakens Ice Beam. Maximum Attack investment increases the damage output of Kyurem-Black's physical attacks. The remaining EVs go into Special Attack to boost the power of Ice Beam as much as possible, going as far as doubling its chances to 2HKO 0 Special Defense investment Skarmory. Choice Scarf allows it to outspeed many unboosted Pokemon in the meta in which allows it to be a potential late game sweeper and a revenge killer. Teravolt allows Kyurem-Black to ignore Mega Venusaur's Thick Fat to 2HKO with Ice Beam and ignore Dragonite's Multiscale to OHKO with Ice Beam or Outrage. Naughty nature is a possibility simply because it gives Kyurem-B enough power to 2HKO Clefable with Iron Head and 2HKO Slowbro with Fusion Bolt. The EV spread should be changed to 252 Atk / 8 SpA / 248 Spe with Naughty to let it outspeed +1 Mega Gyarados, but Naive nature is always preferred as it needs all the Speed it can get.

#Usage Tips
Choice Scarf Kyurem-Black can be used as a late game sweeper as well as a revenge killer once a teammate faints. It doesn't appreciate hazards like Stealth Rock, so removing it off your field before sending it in would be helpful. Once Kyurem-Black is in shortage of health, be cautious against priority attackers as they revenge kill Kyurem-Black rather easily. Having hazards on the opposing field is also appreciated by a sweeper like Kyurem-Black, making it easier to clean up certain checks such as Victini, Togekiss and opposing Kyurem-Blacks. Against Flying, Kyurem-Black should quite honestly always use Ice Beam and ignore Fusion Bolt completely. Every good Flying team has an Electric immunity and Zapdos, both of which can take Fusion Bolts for free. Kyurem-Black can act as a wallbreaker as well due to its great mixed damage, as it's capable of 2HKOing Chansey, Zapdos, Mega Venusaur, Hippowdon, and Mew. Kyurem-Black needs to be careful of using Outrage while Steel-types, such as Cobalion or Heatran, and Fairy-types, such as Gardevoir and Azumarill, are alive, as they can take advantage of Kyurem-Black very easily. Basically, Kyurem-Black's main role on dragon is to be used as both a revenge killer and a cleaner in the late-game.

#Team Options
Hazard removal such as Latios and Latias is needed for Kyurem-Black to switch in safely with a decent amount of health, and they are both switch-ins to Fighting-type attacks. Latias is especially good as a teammate because not only does it provide Defog but it also provides Healing Wish, potentially giving Kyurem-B a late-game chance to sweep. A hazard setter such as Garchomp to set up stealth rock is appreciated by Kyurem-Black as a sweeper, making it easier to OHKO Mega Charizard-Y, Volcarona and Togekiss. Hydreigon and Dragonite both have the ability to learn Fighting-, Ground- and Fire- coverage to counter things that resist Outrage, such as Heatran, Bisharp, Scizor and Skarmory. Garchomp can deal with Steel-Types like Heatran, Bisharp, Forretress, Ferrothorn, Mega Scizor etc. if it has Fire Blast. Kyurem-Black doesn't have that much Speed, so having another revenge killer is advisable and Choice Scarf Latios does this perfectly. Choice Scarf Latios outspeeds Choice Scarf Terrakion, Choice Scarf Victini, +2 Cloyster and Mega Swampert in rain, and more. Kyurem-Black struggles against very bulky dedicated walls such as Mega Sableye and Porygon2, so having a wallbreaker to handle them, such as Choice Band Dragonite, is necessary. Lastly, Assault Vest Goodra is the only Choice Scarf Latios switch-in, as it Lives 2 consecutive Draco Meteors, which otherwise revenge kills Kyurem-Black for free

Last edited:

Confluxx [Old]

Banned deucer.
Ready for QC
QC (0/2)

[SET]
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head/Earth Power

#Moves
Ice Beam is a reliable STAB attack that has amazing coverage, hitting many Ground-, Flying-, and Dragon-types hard such as Landorus, Dragonite and Hippowdon. Outrage is Kyurem-Black's main STAB move. It hits extremely hard thanks to Kyurem-Black's amazing Attack stat, and OHKO's or 2HKO's a very large portion of the offensive metagame such as Hoopa-Unbound and Victini. Fusion Bolt gives Kyurem-Black perfect neutral coverage alongside Ice Beam and hits Water-types such as Azumarill and Slowbro, as well as cripples many Flying-types that are neutral to Ice like Mega Charizard Y and Gyarados for massive damage. Iron head is used to check Fairy-types such as Mega Diancie, Gardevoir and Clefable. Finally, Earth Power is to provide coverage versus the Steel and Fire Pokemon such as Heatran, Doublade, Bisharp, and Torkoal.

#Set Details
Choice Scarf with Naive nature and maximum speed allows Kyurem-Black to outspeed Choice Scarf Landorus-Therian and Mega Diancie. Maximum Attack investment increases the damage output of Kyurem-Black's physical attacks. Choice Scarf allows it to outspeed many unboosted Pokemon in the meta in which allows it to be a potential late game sweeper and a revenge killer.

#Usage Tips
Choice Scarf Kyurem-Black can be used as a late game sweeper as well as a revenge killer once a teammate faints. It doesn't appreciate hazards like Stealth Rock, so removing it off your field before sending it in would be helpful. Once Kyurem-Black is in shortage of health, be cautious against priority attackers as they revenge kill Kyurem-Black rather easily. Having hazards on the opposing field is also appreciated by a sweeper like Kyurem-Black, making it easier to clean up certain checks such as Victini, Togekiss and opposing Kyurem-Blacks. Basically, Kyurem-Black's main role on dragon is to be used as both a revenge killer and a cleaner in the late-game.

#Team Options
Hazard removal such as Latios and Latias is needed for Kyurem-Black to switch in safely with a decent amount of health, and they are both switch-ins to Fighting-type attacks. A hazard setter such as Garchomp to set up stealth rock is appreciated by Kyurem-Black as a sweeper, making it easier to OHKO Mega Charizard-Y, Volcarona and Togekiss. Hydreigon and Dragonite both have the ability to learn Fighting-, Ground- and Fire- coverage to counter things that resist Outrage, such as Heatran, Bisharp, Scizor and Skarmory.
This is on point. I'd just remove the slash in the 4th move slot as Iron Head is very important. Mention in Team Options how Garchomp can deal with Pokemon that resist most of Kyurem-B's moves like Heatran, Bisharp, Forretress, Ferrothorn, Mega Scizor etc. if it has Fire Blast, which it should.

Other than that this is well written, good job!

Seo.

This is on point. I'd just remove the slash in the 4th move slot as Iron Head is very important. Mention in Team Options how Garchomp can deal with Pokemon that resist most of Kyurem-B's moves like Heatran, Bisharp, Forretress, Ferrothorn, Mega Scizor etc. if it has Fire Blast, which it should.

Other than that this is well written, good job!
Thanks! implemented changes.

Ready for QC
QC (1/2)

[SET]
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head

#Moves
Ice Beam is a reliable STAB attack that has amazing coverage, hitting many Ground-, Flying-, and Dragon-types hard such as Landorus, Dragonite and Hippowdon. Outrage is Kyurem-Black's main STAB move. It hits extremely hard thanks to Kyurem-Black's amazing Attack stat, and OHKO's or 2HKO's a very large portion of the offensive metagame such as Hoopa-Unbound and Victini. Fusion Bolt gives Kyurem-Black perfect neutral coverage alongside Ice Beam and hits Water-types such as Azumarill and Slowbro, as well as cripples many Flying-types that are neutral to Ice like Mega Charizard Y and Gyarados for massive damage. Iron head is used to check Fairy-types such as Mega Diancie, Gardevoir and Clefable. Finally, Earth Power is to provide coverage versus the Steel and Fire Pokemon such as Heatran, Doublade, Bisharp, and Torkoal.

#Set Details
Choice Scarf with Naive nature and maximum speed allows Kyurem-Black to outspeed Choice Scarf Landorus-Therian and Mega Diancie. Maximum Attack investment increases the damage output of Kyurem-Black's physical attacks. Choice Scarf allows it to outspeed many unboosted Pokemon in the meta in which allows it to be a potential late game sweeper and a revenge killer.

#Usage Tips
Choice Scarf Kyurem-Black can be used as a late game sweeper as well as a revenge killer once a teammate faints. It doesn't appreciate hazards like Stealth Rock, so removing it off your field before sending it in would be helpful. Once Kyurem-Black is in shortage of health, be cautious against priority attackers as they revenge kill Kyurem-Black rather easily. Having hazards on the opposing field is also appreciated by a sweeper like Kyurem-Black, making it easier to clean up certain checks such as Victini, Togekiss and opposing Kyurem-Blacks. Basically, Kyurem-Black's main role on dragon is to be used as both a revenge killer and a cleaner in the late-game.

#Team Options
Hazard removal such as Latios and Latias is needed for Kyurem-Black to switch in safely with a decent amount of health, and they are both switch-ins to Fighting-type attacks. A hazard setter such as Garchomp to set up stealth rock is appreciated by Kyurem-Black as a sweeper, making it easier to OHKO Mega Charizard-Y, Volcarona and Togekiss. Hydreigon and Dragonite both have the ability to learn Fighting-, Ground- and Fire- coverage to counter things that resist Outrage, such as Heatran, Bisharp, Scizor and Skarmory. Garchomp can deal with Pokemon that resist most of Kyurem-Black's moves like Heatran, Bisharp, Forretress, Ferrothorn, Mega Scizor etc. if it has Fire Blast
Choice Scarf
Set:
I would change the primary EV spread to 252 Atk / 32 SpA / 224 Spe with keeping the nature. Explanation in set details.

Moves:
It should be mentioned that Earth Power results in a serious drop in coverage and is seriously not recommended. BoltBeam should generally not be broken because that is how Kyurem-B breaks Flying completely, Outrage is almost mandatory for STAB and its huge damage, and Iron Head is pretty much required to beat Fairy. I don't see what you could drop for Earth Power that would make it worth it.

Set Details:
224 Speed EVs with a Naive nature allows it to just outspeed Choice Scarf Landorus-T. Maximum Attack is chosen of course for damage, like you mentioned. The remaining EVs go into Special Attack to boost the power of Ice Beam as much as possible, going as far as doubling its chances to 2HKO 0 Special Defense investment Skarmory. You can list the current spread as an alternative whose only benefit is getting a Speed tie with opposing Kyurem-B, although that, in my opinion, is never worth the loss in Ice Beam damage.
I would also explain that Naive is preferred over Hasty to preserve its Defense stat, allowing it to more easily take on most priority moves, and certainly preferred over Jolly, which weakens Ice Beam.
I think it may be worth at least mentioning Naughty nature as a possibility simply because it gives Kyurem-B enough power to 2HKO Clefable with Iron Head and 2HKO Slowbro with Fusion Bolt. The EV spread should be changed to 252 Atk / 8 SpA / 248 Spe with Naughty to let it outspeed +1 Mega Gyarados. You should make sure it's noted that Naive is generally better, as it needs all the Speed it can get.
Although Teravolt is the only ability for Kyurem-B, I think you should mention it regardless just because of how good it is for ignoring defensive abilities. Teravolt allows Kyurem-B to ignore Mega Venusaur's Thick Fat to 2HKO with Ice Beam and ignore Dragonite's Multiscale to OHKO with Ice Beam or Outrage.

Usage Tips:
I would be a bit more detailed here. It's a very general section right now.
Definitely mention that against Flying, Kyurem-B should quite honestly always use Ice Beam and ignore Fusion Bolt completely. Every good Flying team has an Electric immunity and Zapdos, both of which can take Fusion Bolts for free.
Mention that Kyurem-B can act as a wallbreaker as well due to its great mixed damage, as it's still capable of 2HKOing Chansey, Zapdos, Mega Venusaur, Hippowdon, and Mew.
Kyurem-B needs to be careful of using Outrage while Steel-types, such as Cobalion or Heatran, and Fairy-types, such as Gardevoir and Azumarill, are alive, as they can take advantage of Kyurem-B very easily.

Team Options:
Kyurem-B really doesn't have that much Speed, so having another revenge killer is advisable and Choice Scarf Latios does this perfectly. Choice Scarf Latios outspeeds Choice Scarf Terrakion, Choice Scarf Victini, +2 Cloyster and Mega Swampert in rain, and more.
Kyurem-B struggles against very bulky dedicated walls such as Mega Sableye and Porygon2, so having a wallbreaker to handle them, such as Choice Band Dragonite, is necessary.
Instead of saying "Pokemon that resist most of Kyurem-B's moves", just say "Steel-types", as they are the real targets of Garchomp's EQ + Fire Blast combination.
Mention that Latias is especially good as a teammate because not only does it provide Defog but it also provides Healing Wish, potentially giving Kyurem-B a late-game chance to sweep.
Maybe mention Goodra as the only Choice Scarf Latios switch-in, which otherwise revenge kills Kyurem-B for free?

Great work, but try to be a bit more detailed in the Usage Tips! QC 2/2

Seo.

Choice Scarf
Set:
I would change the primary EV spread to 252 Atk / 32 SpA / 224 Spe with keeping the nature. Explanation in set details.

Moves:
It should be mentioned that Earth Power results in a serious drop in coverage and is seriously not recommended. BoltBeam should generally not be broken because that is how Kyurem-B breaks Flying completely, Outrage is almost mandatory for STAB and its huge damage, and Iron Head is pretty much required to beat Fairy. I don't see what you could drop for Earth Power that would make it worth it.

Set Details:
224 Speed EVs with a Naive nature allows it to just outspeed Choice Scarf Landorus-T. Maximum Attack is chosen of course for damage, like you mentioned. The remaining EVs go into Special Attack to boost the power of Ice Beam as much as possible, going as far as doubling its chances to 2HKO 0 Special Defense investment Skarmory. You can list the current spread as an alternative whose only benefit is getting a Speed tie with opposing Kyurem-B, although that, in my opinion, is never worth the loss in Ice Beam damage.
I would also explain that Naive is preferred over Hasty to preserve its Defense stat, allowing it to more easily take on most priority moves, and certainly preferred over Jolly, which weakens Ice Beam.
I think it may be worth at least mentioning Naughty nature as a possibility simply because it gives Kyurem-B enough power to 2HKO Clefable with Iron Head and 2HKO Slowbro with Fusion Bolt. The EV spread should be changed to 252 Atk / 8 SpA / 248 Spe with Naughty to let it outspeed +1 Mega Gyarados. You should make sure it's noted that Naive is generally better, as it needs all the Speed it can get.
Although Teravolt is the only ability for Kyurem-B, I think you should mention it regardless just because of how good it is for ignoring defensive abilities. Teravolt allows Kyurem-B to ignore Mega Venusaur's Thick Fat to 2HKO with Ice Beam and ignore Dragonite's Multiscale to OHKO with Ice Beam or Outrage.

Usage Tips:
I would be a bit more detailed here. It's a very general section right now.
Definitely mention that against Flying, Kyurem-B should quite honestly always use Ice Beam and ignore Fusion Bolt completely. Every good Flying team has an Electric immunity and Zapdos, both of which can take Fusion Bolts for free.
Mention that Kyurem-B can act as a wallbreaker as well due to its great mixed damage, as it's still capable of 2HKOing Chansey, Zapdos, Mega Venusaur, Hippowdon, and Mew.
Kyurem-B needs to be careful of using Outrage while Steel-types, such as Cobalion or Heatran, and Fairy-types, such as Gardevoir and Azumarill, are alive, as they can take advantage of Kyurem-B very easily.

Team Options:
Kyurem-B really doesn't have that much Speed, so having another revenge killer is advisable and Choice Scarf Latios does this perfectly. Choice Scarf Latios outspeeds Choice Scarf Terrakion, Choice Scarf Victini, +2 Cloyster and Mega Swampert in rain, and more.
Kyurem-B struggles against very bulky dedicated walls such as Mega Sableye and Porygon2, so having a wallbreaker to handle them, such as Choice Band Dragonite, is necessary.
Instead of saying "Pokemon that resist most of Kyurem-B's moves", just say "Steel-types", as they are the real targets of Garchomp's EQ + Fire Blast combination.
Mention that Latias is especially good as a teammate because not only does it provide Defog but it also provides Healing Wish, potentially giving Kyurem-B a late-game chance to sweep.
Maybe mention Goodra as the only Choice Scarf Latios switch-in, which otherwise revenge kills Kyurem-B for free?

Great work, but try to be a bit more detailed in the Usage Tips! QC 2/2
Thanks! added all changes aswell as added to the "Ready for GP" Thread

Seo.

Ready for QC
(1/2)
Choice Scarf Jirachi (Psychic)

[SET]
Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Ice Punch
- Healing Wish/Trick

#Moves
Iron Head should be used on Jirachi not only because of its STAB, but because of its power and chance to flinch. U-turn gives Jirachi a chance to gain momentum on switch-ins, which allows it to get off some damage and switch into a Pokemon that can deal with the foe. Healing Wish allows Jirachi to give support to its team, and heal its teammates to full health which of course causes it to faint, which gives Jirachi a role when it doesn't have much to do, and an alternative is Trick, which allows Jirachi to trick its Choice Scarf to defensive switch-ins, locking them into a single move and taking their item in return. Ice Punch is used to check switch-ins such as Landorus and Gliscor. An alternative move is Fire Punch, which cripples Steel-Types such as Mega Scizor, Ferrothorn and Skarmory, aswell as Heart Stamp / Zen Headbutt, another STAB move that has a high chance to flinch which can be used against Pokemon that resist Iron Head such as Rotom-Wash, Mega Venusaur, and Tentacruel.

#Set Details
The Maximum Attack investment maximizes Jirachi's offensive damage output. Choice Scarf with Maximum speed EVs allows it to maximize its speed as much as possible, also allowing it to outspeed Landorus and Kyurem-B, not to mention the Jolly Nature which also raises its speed. Serene Grace allows Jirachi's moves have their secondary effect chance doubled, which in this case has a higher chance of Iron Head flinching.

#Usage Tips
Choice Scarf Jirachi is used as a revenge killer, and a late game sweeper, since it is able to outspeed and take out many Pokemon weak to its Iron Head, except if the Pokemon resists it. Thanks to Jirachis typing and overall bulk, it is able to switch-in against Mega Gardevoir, Latios, Togekiss and Cradily, and cripple them with Iron Head. Using Healing Wish is best when in critical positions where Jirachi is useless, or if you need a wallbreaker such as Victini or Hoopa-Unbound to fully recover. Jirachi can get momentum with U-Turn on switch-ins, use U-turn in order to bait out its counters and allow other team members to deal with them. Prevent Jirachi from using U-turn, or physically hitting Rocky Helmet users such as Ferrothorn and Garchomp as the residual damage from their Rocky Helmet and Rough Skin will wear down Jirachi rather quickly.

#Team Options
Jirachi appreciates hazards on the opposing field, therefore things like Deoxys-S, Deoxys-D and Mew are quite reliable hazard setters. Jirachi also needs teammates to check Pokemon it cant such as Ferrothorn, Doublade, and Mega Aggron, like Victini which also appreciates the Healing Wish support since its a Offensive Wallbreaker. Mega Gardevoir appreciates Jirachis immunity to Poison-Type attacks, and resistance to Steel-type attacks. a Hazard removal such as Latios, Latias, Starmie and Mew, to remove sticky webs helps Jirachi late game sweep and revenge kill much easier. Jirachi also pairs up with Hoopa-Unbound as it can cripple Slowbro, which is a common switch-in to Jirachi.

Last edited:
Tyranitar (Rock) Assault Vest
Ready for QC (0/2)
Assault Vest
Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Atk / 124 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam / Pursuit

#Moves
Stone Edge is a useful STAB attack, and although it has shaky accuracy, it has good coverage and a high base power to make up for it. Crunch is another STAB attack, but it hits more reliably than Stone Edge and helps with bulky Psychic- and Ghost-types that can annoy Rock teams. Fire Blast helps Tyranitar break through Steel-types that take little damage from Tyranitar's STAB attacks, notably Skarmory and Ferrothorn; Fire Punch isn't used because it fails to 2HKO Skarmory. Ice Beam surprises bulky Ground-types like Garchomp, Gliscor, and Landorus, as it has the ability to survive a hit from all three. Pursuit, however, allows Tyranitar to trap and KO Psychic- and Ghost-types, as well as any other weakened targets attempting to switch out. Earthquake can be used since it hits Mega Diancie, Heatran, Nidoking, and Magnezone, but Ice Beam and Pursuit let Tyranitar support its teammates more effectively.

#Set Details
Sand Stream summons sandstorm for 5 turns, providing a 1.5x Special Defense boost to both Tyranitar and its teammates. This also helps break opposing Focus Sashes and wears the opponent's team down. When used with Assault Vest, which gives another 1.5x Special Defense boost, Tyranitar is transformed into a formidable special tank. The EV spread provides enough Attack to 2HKO maximum Defense Slowbro with Crunch after Stealth Rock and sandstorm damage, while the HP EVs improve Tyranitar's overall bulk. The rest of the EVs are used in Special Defense to take full advantage of the boosts provided by sandstorm and the Assault Vest, allowing it to take any attack from Landorus, bar the extremely rare Superpower, and retaliate with Ice Beam.

#Usage Tips
Tyranitar can be used as a lead to summon sandstorm early and remove opposing Focus Sash leads quickly, with a combination of sandstorm and the appropriate coverage attack. Don't forget that you can use Sand Steam to support teammates as well, as the entire team receives the boost. Since Tyranitar has a glaring Fighting weakness, some Pokemon may carry surprise Fighting coverage to remove Tyranitar early. Scout for these moves by pivoting in and out, so you don't needlessly lose Tyranitar. If using Pursuit, switch into Pokemon that can't KO Tyranitar and are forced to switch out, like Latios or Victini. This set has no recovery at all, so focus on allowing Tyranitar to check more dangerous special attackers since it can't repeatedly handle every attacker.

#Team Options
Naturally, as a special wall, Tyranitar appreciates being paired up with physical walls like Rhyperior, Cradily, or Mega Aggron. Rhyperior and Mega Aggron remove Steel- and Fighting-types, while Cradily checks Water- and Ground-types. Mega Diancie and Kabutops help keep hazards off the field, supporting Tyranitar as it is vulnerable to every entry hazard. Tyranitar can also support its teammates offensively with its Pursuit support. Removing bulky Psychic-types is important for powerhouses like Choice Band Terrakion to attack uninhibited.

Terrakion (Rock) Overview
WIP
1. The Overview
Each Pokemon will get an overview paragraph that is meant to introduce the reader to how this Pokemon is used in the Monotype meta. This paragraph is meant to concisely explain a Pokemon’s primary role on its type and why someone should (or shouldn’t) be interested in using it on that type. If this Pokemon fulfills a crucial role for a type this is the place to highlight that. Also highlight some of the problems that come with running this Pokemon.

Terrakion (Rock) Overview
+ One of the fastest Rock-types ~ Either CS or CB
+ Amazing Coverage between its two STABs
+ Fighting STAB helps break through Steel-types
+

- Both main STAB attacks have drawbacks
- Like most other Rock-types, Terrakion has weaknesses to common attacking types
-

Last edited:

Seo.

Ready for QC #2

Special Defensive Heatran (steel)
QC (1/2)

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock / Protect / Roar
- Toxic
- Earth Power

#Moves

Lava Plume, Toxic, and Earth Power are necessary, as without Earth Power Heatran can't check Fire types like its supposed to and its more likely to get 6-0d by another Heatran. Lava Plume is for fire STAB aswell as gives Heatran a chance to burn. Toxic is pretty much necessary on Specially Defensive Heatran since you're really weak and without it you can't answer Mega Charizard-Y or Volcarona, one of the biggest things Heatran's supposed to do. Stealth Rock helps other Steel-type Pokemon sweep easier. Heatran is particularly a good user of Stealth Rock as it can force out Mega Sableye, but if Skarmory or Ferrothorn sets Stealth Rock then Heatran appreciates the freed up moveslot. Which can give you an opportunity to add taunt to prevent Mandibuzz and Venusaur from healing up, and Zapdos from defogging. Another option is Stone Edge, to OHKO Mega Charizard Y and Volcarona.

#Set Details

Heatran is a must on steel, it supports steel a lot with flash fire to take immunity from fire moves which things on your team such as Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Doublade and Scizor don’t appreciate. It is also a reliable stealth rocker, and deals with threats such as Victini and opposing Heatrans. You can also use 44 speed for 16 speed Mandibuzz and 16 speed Mega Venusaur, and 204 speed for 16 speed Zapdos and Adamant Bisharp. Leftovers help it out with regaining HP. Air Balloon can be used to deal with opposing Heatran better and to give another immunity to Ground-type moves.

#Usage Tips

One of the main things you can do with Heatran is switch in on a fire move to boost up your fire moves with flash fire. On steel, Fire-Type Pokemon such as Victini, Entei, Darmanitan and Chandelure are great threats to steel. Heatran basically covers those threats, and since they all tend to be choiced items, you just hit earth power, or its your chance to set up stealth rock if you did not do so already. Heatran is a good pivot into most special moves, like Mega Manectric's Thunderbolt.

#Team Options

Skarmory is the best Pokemon on steel to form a defensive core with Heatran. Skarmory is weak to fire type attacks in which Heatran is immune to, and Heatran is weak to ground types which doesn’t have any affect on Skarmory. These two pokemon can also form a hazard stack team since Skarmory learns spikes and Heatran learns stealth rock. Ferrothorn is a good partner to take on water moves, and it can also set up spikes in combination with Heatran's stealth rock. Since Steel appreciates the hazards, Pokemon like Doublade and Bisharp help since Doublade isn’t affected by rapid spin and Defog raises bisharps attack, not only do these Pokemon help with hazard control but they both get access of swords dance which also helps late game sweeps, not to mention Doublade is also immune to fighting type attacks
Can i get one more QC for Heatran (Steel) please

Keldeo (Water)
Ready for QC (1/2)
With it's good speed tier and high Special Attack, Keldeo is a valuable asset to Water. It also has a good defensive typing and strong wallbreaking capabilities. Keldeo is a huge help against types like Normal, Dark, Ice, Flying and steel as well. Choice Specs 2HKOs Zapdos with Hydro Pump, and Scald if Stealth Rock is up. It also helps with Normal as Secret Sword breaks Normal's Eviolite Core. It checks threats such as Bisharp, Weavile, and Mega Gyarados, and also handles Ferrothorn and Cradily which are very annoying for Water. However, it has a lacking movepool, and although it outspeeds the crowded Base 100 tier, it still has trouble with faster threats, like Mega Gallade and the Lati Twins, which all OHKO if they are offensive.

#SET
Keldeo @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind / Hidden Power [Flying]

#Moves
Scald is a powerful STAB move with a good chance to burn. Secret Sword is secondary STAB that deals damage based on physical Defense. Hydro Pump is a stronger Scald and guarantees more OHKO or 2HKOs, and is better for wallbreaking. Icy wind is used to hit tanky Garchomp and Landorus-T. Hidden Power Flying is used specifically to hit Mega Venusaur, which would otherwise wall Keldeo.

#Set Details
Maximum Speed investments and a Timid nature are used to maximize its speed and outspeed many other Pokemon. Max Special Attack is to maximize the damage it deals to the foe. Choice Specs turns Keldeo into an incredibly strong wallbreaker that can spam moves like Scald which has a chance to burn, which makes its job easier. Choice Scarf can be used to outspeed many threats while hitting hard, like Choice Scarf Magnezone. Life orb is another option because it allows move switching while still dealing a good amount of damage. This helps against Pokemon with Water Absorb, and Chansey.

#Usage Tips
Switching into Keldeo is difficult for some types, as its coverage moves can put a dent into common switchins to it, like Zapdos, who is 2HKO'd by Hydro Pump. Switching Keldeo into unresisted attacks isn't really a good idea because of its subpar defenses.

#Teammate Options
Regular Gyarados with Bounce is a good Mega Venusaur check, as well as Starmie with Psychic. Azumarill is a good partner for Keldeo because they are both powerful wallbreakers who form a strong offensive core that can handle each others checks fairly well. Mega Gyarados is another physical wallbreaker which can deal with Keldeo's checks, and provides help in the psychic matchup. Mega Sharpedo is a good late-game sweeper, and Keldeo can weaken or remove its checks and allow it to sweep. Keldeo greatly appreciates hazards, so Emploen and Swampert are good partners. Volcanion and Cloyster are good partners as they help with the Grass types that would otherwise threaten Keldeo.

#SET
Keldeo @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

#Moves
Substitute allows for Calm Minds to be used with less danger to Keldeo. Calm Mind is a boosting move that allows Keldeo to sweep some types, like Steel and Normal. Scald is a good STAB move with an added burn chance. Secret Sword is a secondary STAB move that hits physical Defense, helping against special walls like Cradily and Chansey.

#Set Details
Maximum speed investment with a Timid nature allows for Keldeo to outspeed other Pokemon, and beats out the crowded speed tier of base 100. Max Special Attack investment allows it to maximize its damage output against the foe. Leftovers is used to provide passive recovery and to allow for more Substitutes. There isn't really any variety allowed for the moves as these are the only ones it needs.

#Usage Tips
Keldeo has many opportunities to set up Calm Mind due to its good defensive typing. Setting up Substitute when your opponent can't really touch you, or on a predicted switch. Substitute can be used to scout for moves, as well. Calm Mind Keldeo is best used as a late game sweeper after its checks are weakened or gone. Bringing Keldeo in to revenge kill can also work, as it has a good speed tier and has a strong Special Attack even when unboosted.

#Teammate Options
Volcanion can be used because it has powerful wallbreaking capabilities and similar checks to Keldeo, which allows for one to sweep late game. It also helps against grass, and Cloyster does too. Mega Gyarados is a good partner because they can handle each other's checks, and regular Gyarados with Bounce can check Mega Venusaur. Starmie with Psychic or Psyshock is another Mega Venusaur check. Rotom-Wash is a good pivot that can wear down and cripple opposing Pokemon, which would allow Keldeo so set up safely. Hazards can turn 2HKOs into OHKOs, so hazard setters like Swampert and Empoleon are greatly appreciated by Keldeo.
Overview
- Mention how Keldeo can break through both physical and special walls because of its High SpA and access to Secret Sword
- "Keldeo is a huge help against types like Normal, Dark, Ice, Flying and steel as well." Emphasize that Keldeo helps with these types because of its fantastic Special Attack and Fighting STAB.
- "Choice Specs 2HKOs Zapdos with Hydro Pump, and Scald if Stealth Rock is up. It also helps with Normal as Secret Sword breaks Normal's Eviolite Core... ...and also handles Ferrothorn and Cradily which are very annoying for Water." Just condense this into something like "Keldeo breaks through common defensive cores that Water tends to struggle with like... Zapdos and Skarmory, Ferrothorn and Cradily, and Porygon2 and Chansey". This is just a stylistic change, but it makes it a little more concise, if you make this change.

Choice Attacker
#Set
Unslash Choice Scarf on the set and remove it from the analysis entirely. Both Choice Specs and Choice Scarf operate differently, so they'd be explained differently in the Team Options, Usage Tips, etc. Choice Specs is more viable in Monotype and seems to be the focus on this set analysis, so I'd use this for that. Choice Scarf Keldeo would have an entirely separate analysis. Feel free to slash Life Orb where Choice Scarf used to be though, as it operates similarly to Choice Specs just with the ability to switch moves in exchange for less power and recoil.

#Moves
- Mention how Scald's ability to inflict burns can cripple switch-ins and chip at their HP, making it harder for them to switch in later on.
- "Secret Sword is secondary STAB that deals damage based on physical Defense." after this, add something like "...which lets Keldeo break through special walls."
- With Hydro Pump, mention how it has a shaky accuracy.
- "Icy wind is used to hit tanky Garchomp and Landorus-T." I wouldn't mention Garchomp and Landorus-T here, as they both hate taking a Specs-boosted Scald / Hydro Pump anyways. Instead, mention Dragonite, Whimsicott, Latios, and Latias, as they resist both STABs.

#Set Details
- Remember to remove Choice Scarf's mention
- "This helps against Pokemon with Water Absorb, and Chansey." This isn't really relevant when talking about Life Orb.

#Usage Tips
- You don't say much about how Keldeo should actually be handled by the user. Mention how you can freely Scald Keldeo's counters on the switch in in order to inflict burns and wear them down.

#Team Options
- "Regular Gyarados with Bounce is a good Mega Venusaur check, as well as Starmie with Psychic." Mention here that Mega Venusaur is Keldeo's main counter.
- "Mega Gyarados is another physical wallbreaker which can deal with Keldeo's checks, and provides help in the psychic matchup. Mega Sharpedo is a good late-game sweeper, and Keldeo can weaken or remove its checks and allow it to sweep." You can condense this into one sentence, something like "Mega Gyarados and Mega Sharpedo both remove Psychic-types, which Keldeo typically struggles with, and Keldeo can weaken or remove their checks and allow them to sweep late-game."

Substitute + Calm Mind
#Set
On the set, put Calm Mind in the first slot and Substitute in the second. They should be ordered based on importance, so CM is first since it's the main part of the set.

#Moves
- Because the spots of CM and Sub were switched on the sets, switch the order of those moves in here two, with Calm Mind coming first.
- "Substitute allows for Calm Minds to be used with less danger to Keldeo" add something like "...because it helps prevent status"

#Set Details
Nothing to change

#Usage Tips
Nothing to change

#Team Options
- "Rotom-Wash is a good pivot that can wear down and cripple opposing Pokemon..." specifically mention how WoW helps soften the opponent's attacks and keep Keldeo's Substitutes up.

QC 2/2, nice work :)

Reactions: 6ti
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)