Modern Warfare 2 - Multiplayer Discussion

I've been using M16 with Bling pro (RDS and Silencer), Stopping Power Pro, and Ninja Pro. I like flanking a lot but still being able to fight normally so this is good.

aaaaah why are you assholes still using the M16?

Please go back to MW1 if you're going to use that overpowered piece of crap. Use one of the other 25+ guns please. >:(

aaaaah why are you assholes still using the M16?

Please go back to MW1 if you're going to use that overpowered piece of crap. Use one of the other 25+ guns please. >:(
You shouldn't be blaming the people using the gun, you should be blaming the game developers. I am very irritated that no company can make a game in the style of cod/rainbow (where you get to choose your loadout) where there is a reason to use each different gun. In CoD 4, there was simply no reason to use any gun outside of the few 3-4 overpowered guns. There was absolutely no reason to use a sniper, because the M16 shot just as accurately (actually, all of the guns shot in a perfectly straight line) and powerfully. It was also comparable to a shotgun in close quarters (though some of the other broken guns were better for that). I haven't played MW2 at all so I can't speak from experience about that game, but it seems like there are still some guns that are simply much better than all of the others. I long for the game where there are distinct advantages and disadvantages that each gun has over another.

It just outright frustrates me that despite the fact that this is an entirely new game, with a plethora of new guns and playstyles to fool around with, and people can't bring themselves to put down the CRUTCH that is the M16.

A gun with high power, little to no recoil, and ridiculous accuracy shows no skill on the part of the player using it - they are riding on the coattails of a gun far above the others. Not to mention that the power of ALL guns was increased from the last game, making the M16 even more frustrating than before.

You might ask: "But Hawk, if it's so good, why not use it as well?" Because not only does it make everything too easy, I just don't have fun with it. I derive no satisfaction from nailing a guy halfway across the map in the leg with a single burst of the M16, whereas there is no greater feeling than lining up that perfect sniper shot and scoring a headshot just before your prey falls behind cover.

I do just fine using other guns - I have a 1.15 KD, but I don't much care, because I'm having fun, and choose to use more than ONE gun out of the numerous choices. I don't know about you rekt, but I think that the majority of the M16 masses would see there K/D drop if they put down their easy-win gun and work for their kill. It shows more skill to dominate with a worse gun than with a good one, and for that I have no respect for those that use the M16.

Of course, I don't expect anyone to really listen to me, but that is just what I've wanted to get off my chest. If I worked at IW, the last thing I would want in my game is an overcentralizing POS like the M16.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That's a lot of whining over a gun. Using a less powerful gun in a game doesn't make you stupid, not doing it and whining about it does. It's like complaining about the AWP in CS. Or the fact that almost everyone uses the M4 or AK.

What? When did I say using a less powerful gun makes you stupid? In fact, I find that when people are able to do good when using worse guns, that shows they are a better player. If you can only "do good" by using the best gun possible, I don't think that is much evidence of skill, just that the person is getting by on their choice of weaponry alone.

I don't know why people are complaining about a gun which, in my experience hasn't really made that much impact or at least i cant gauge it, seeing as i dont die that much, just kidding. I think we should be concerned about the numerous other flaws in this game before we start hating the good guns.

There are two main problems in this game. One concerns guns the other concerns Killstreaks in particular the chopper gunner, which is just fucking ridiculous. The main problem with the guns is that they all kill too fast and Assault Rifles just win in every circumstance - the Famas being my personal weapon of choice - what can i say its like a BR. Far more of a problem is the effect the overpowered killstreaks have on the game which forces you to play campy so you don't die and build up a huge kill streak to get chopper gunner and rape the opponent. Simply put the game isn't that fun as this is campy style of play l the only way to get a good score, thus incentivized, thus we have people sitting in dark corners.

Make sure you use heartbeat sensor or ninja is all i can say.

Firestorm

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What? When did I say using a less powerful gun makes you stupid? In fact, I find that when people are able to do good when using worse guns, that shows they are a better player. If you can only "do good" by using the best gun possible, I don't think that is much evidence of skill, just that the person is getting by on their choice of weaponry alone.
And I think that someone doing well with crappy guns would be even better if they were using a better gun. It's a first person shooter, not a role playing game (as much as IW wants it to be). The gun isn't as large a factor as player skill.

So basically Kitsune, you're saying because everyone else camps, you need to camp also?

That some circular logic right there. I run and gun and get twice the kills as "campers". Plus, if a Chopper Gunner's got you down, just load up with a Stinger Missile. I killed one before it got a single kill with these last night, it's not a big deal. Also, use Cold-Blooded, because Stopping Power hardly even matters with all the guns beefed up this time around. You won't get picked up by UAV and people can't see you in a Chopper. Problem solved.

@Firestorm: So everyone should use the M16? That doesn't sound like a very fun game to me if everyone was always using the same guns, when there are PLENTY of other choices that, with a little practice, can used just as effectively as the M16. But no, everyone has it stuck in their heads that the ONLY way to do good is to use it.

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah there are guns just as good as the M16 imo, I haven't tried the SCAR yet, but from what i've seen its pretty damn good. Also the FAMAS is just a pseudo-M16, albeit with less power (or so it says).

Your argument is pretty much saying if someone goes 15-0 with an M16 it takes less skill than going 15-10 with any other gun in the game.

You can have fun using any other gun, but you have no right to complain about people using the best guns in the game because you can use them too.

I only play casually but I am really liking the FAL so far and its kind of similar to G3 which I used almost always in COD4.

Firestorm

So basically Kitsune, you're saying because everyone else camps, you need to camp also?

That some circular logic right there. I run and gun and get twice the kills as "campers". Plus, if a Chopper Gunner's got you down, just load up with a Stinger Missile. I killed one before it got a single kill with these last night, it's not a big deal. Also, use Cold-Blooded, because Stopping Power hardly even matters with all the guns beefed up this time around. You won't get picked up by UAV and people can't see you in a Chopper. Problem solved.

@Firestorm: So everyone should use the M16? That doesn't sound like a very fun game to me if everyone was always using the same guns, when there are PLENTY of other choices that, with a little practice, can used just as effectively as the M16. But no, everyone has it stuck in their heads that the ONLY way to do good is to use it.
Why doesn't it sound very fun? It's just a gun. It's hardly a factor. You seem to be blaming players for bad design choices made by the developer. Balance is not something a player should need to do, it's something the developer should do. Considering this is basically an expansion of MW, I'm surprised they didn't get this right.

I agree. I guess in the end I'm just frustrated at IW for not fixing the thing, and I'm mad at the players that consistently use it because they're too damn lazy to get good with a different gun. Instead, they're just joining the other lemmings who can only rely on "DA BEST" to win.

Again I ask, why is it that there are a good 25 guns in this game, and I usually have at least a third of the enemy team using one of them? >_> That is a bad sign.

Firestorm

Because it's a badly designed game. Those players aren't "too lazy to get good with a different gun". They're just smart enough to pick the best gun or stupid enough to play a bad game!

I'm finally getting pretty good at this game. In most matches i go 20 and 10 give or take but my ratio is shocking and will take a while to recover from my atrocious early play. I snipe using the intervention although i have reason to believe the Barrett is actually better and I use the Famas with Bling with both classes i have a AA shotgun which is sexual.

I wish this game was ranked because the amount of idiots i play against/with is pretty staggering. So if you want to play with a good player add my new (old) account Pet Giraffe UK.

Anyway i wanted to ask you guys about Tactical Insertion and One Man Army. Both are some of the most powerful as well as lesser used tactics in the game. Tactical insertion is great on Domination and One Man Army, which lets you constantly swap class without dying, effectively provides you with unlimited ammo, just think of the applications.

Also killstreaks what do you people think? because considering the staggering no. of retards who play this game and therefore cant coordinate to take out the chopper gunner or the ac 130 these become pretty overpowered. Yes cold blooded with stinger can do the trick but its not a be all end all answer, the fact remains that chopper gunner guarantees around 8 kills and ac 130 is a hell of a lot harder to take down. As soon as i get the achivements for these things i will be switching to the UAV, Predator and Pavelow. Still good but not broken.

Finally id like to talk guns and perks. In your experience what guns need stopping power to be effective and what guns are the best of their type/what have you been having success with?

Im obsessed with this game even though i don't particularly like it :(

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
I got the P90 a couple of days ago, and was rather underwhelmed with it. Only way I saw it having any advantage over x assault rifle is by giving it pseudo double tap (or whatever the hell its called) to get that absurd rate of fire to nab those kills when you both start firing at the same time. But then it becomes useless at any range. So I don't find it as easy to go 30 & 8 with it as I did in cod 4. I really hated it in cod 4, so far it doesn't seem as good.

Maybe it's because I only play hardcore, but I honestly don't see any lack in power in the SMGs, the mini uzi is fucking rape, same with the UMP, you can kill people from across the map with them almost as well as an assault rifle, then completely destroy them at close range. Killstreaks are easily negated by cold blooded, and painkiller becomes practically worthless. Also hardcore opens windows for fun things like pistol, shotgun and riot shield rape, the fun never ends.

I'm really aggravated how Xbox gets the map packs first than PS3. We have to wait until Spring for the map packs, Like PS3 gets left out for being smaller community.

Firestorm

Just a reminder that Smogon is not Xbox Live and you should remember that people here aren't 10 years old. Infractions have been handed out and the posts have been deleted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)