Metagame of the arbitrary time period - MOTATO (or, if you wish, Mashed Potatoes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

breh

強いだね
With the recent rise in popularity of the Other Metagames subforum, I always thought it would be really neat if we could have a rotating, ladderable metagame on PS!; if the metagame was sufficiently played (the definition of sufficient will be found later on, I guess) in the arbitrary time period, it could become a real metagame. Would this be a viable idea?

Possible metagame ideas:

NFE
3 Mons
PU
RBY Cup
LC UU

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
At the risk of sounding snobby, I must ask if there has really been that much of an activity increase in Other Metagames? It is starting to get more popular (and will now that it has its own subforum), but there are threads on the first page that haven't been posted in since August. The idea you've recommend is complex and not necessarily viable, especially the part about adding another metagame. We're pretty content with the system we have and are not looking to add any more "real" metagames at this time. Besides, if another Other Metagame becomes popular enough and has good discussion, it will be at least considered for becoming a legitimate metagame.

For now, just continue to enjoy your favorite other metagames by challenging for them and talking about them in Other Metagames. If you have a metagame that you think should be given its own ladder based on popularity, contact the Other Metagames moderators (DTC and myself) and we'll see what we can do. There is nothing stopping you, however, from starting up a project in Other Metagames for focusing on specific metagames on a rotational basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)