Pet Mod Megas for All v7 - please switch to the new thread for v8! (There's a link in the first and last posts!)

:SS/Rapidash:
Rapidash-Mega
Type:Fire/Flying
Ability:Gallop
Switch its spatk and its speed
Switch its atk and speed if it use a semi-invulnerable moves, return to normal after damage calculation

Stats:65/120(+20)/70/120(+30)/90(+10)/145(+40)
New moves:Signal Beam, Dazzling Gleam
Desc:This horse can deal some serious damage with its ability. Its ability make it run mixed which is fun
rapidash.png

:SS/Mudsdale:
Mudsdale-Mega
Type:Ground/Fighting(it's a hard-worker like how conk get its fighting type but not how bibarel does not)
Ability:Soildier
User gain the aqua ring/ingrain effect if user get hit by water/grass type move

Stats:100/135(+10)/140(+40)/55/135(+50)/35
New moves:Bulk up, Shore up
Desc: It's litterally a clay-horse. This ability is when you improve the soil and make it better
mudsdale.png

:SS/Zebstrika:
Zebstrika-Mega
Ability:High Voltage
If this pokemon use an electric move, raise its speed by one.
Stats:75/156(+56)/90(+27)/80/90(+27)/106(-10)
New moves
:Flare Blitz, High Horsepower, Play Rough
Desc:Nothing new here, just lower its speed to buff its atk and both its def which make it bad
zebstrika.png

Last edited:
Congratulations to abismal, ausma, and BlueRay for winning the last slate, with the last being somewhat amusing since "Lightning Rod on Empoleon-Mega" was the other "someone already posted it" idea I was alluding to in my last slate post.

It's always a bit jarring how quickly this thread fills up right after the new slate is posted, and this time is no exception. I already saw one submission that had a similar idea to Mudsdale as something I briefly considered, and somehow StarFalcon555 (and abismal) also decided to make Zebstrika-Mega part Dark, but thankfully I went in actually different directions from both all of those this time. Otherwise I'd just mope while listening to "Goodbye Horses" and trying to think of something else new--not that I need an excuse to listen to that song anyway.

Good luck to everyone. Stay safe.

[EDIT #1: Whoops. Forgot would-be Mega Stone names this time. Don't mind me. Just randomly coming up with names on the fly here....]

Rapidash(-Kantonian)-Mega @ Rapidashite
New Typing:
/

New Ability: Misty Surge

NEW STATS
HP:
Atk: 100 => 110 (+10)
Def: 070 => 090 (+20)
SpA: 080 => 108 (+28) {previously 100 (+20)}
SpD: 080 => 090 (+10)
Spe: 105 => 137 (+32) {previously 145--not 150 given my brief inability to add--and +40}
(BST: 500 => 600)

Movepool Additions: Blaze Kick, Dazzling Gleam, Misty Explosion, Misty Terrain, U-Turn

Pokédex Description: "Fairy energy now faintly radiates from Rapidash at all times, covering the ground as Rapidash speeds across the battlefield."

Oh hey, an actually "short" explanation from me for once given this is obviously just meant to be a fast Misty Terrain pivoting physical attacker. No need to pretend otherwise for the following three paragraphs--er, make that four.

Flavor-wise: I personally try to avoid adding Fairy to mons just because I view the Fairy typing as overpowered with how it is now even if I think Dragon types did need to be reined in somehow. There is also the not-so-small issue of the Simisear-Mega that won two slates ago ending up as Fire/Fairy. Still, Rapidash-Mega becoming Fire/Fairy seems like it fits given a) Rapidash-Alola is partially Fairy and b) unicorns tend to be marketed as one of the most stereotypically "girly" type of mythical creatures, which Fairy types in this series seem to lean into when not pretending to be Grass types like with Florges or Comfey. Hell, the latter is probably why Rapidash-Alola ended up part Fairy in the first place. Finally, my Rapidash-Mega basically got 150 Speed because half of the Pokédex entries make a weird emphasis on Rapidash running specifically at 150 miles per hour. So I chose to be as literal as possible this time (again), in part because that's also conveniently (much) faster than Tapu Koko. [EDIT #2: Since literally so rarely works out for the best, its Speed has been nerfed to 137 since Hematite himself asked for it to be 140 or lower, so it may go lower still.]

Movepool-wise: I dislike pivot moves, especially this gen where we got two new really obnoxious ones. As such, I tend not to give them to mons unless they really fit whatever new design I'm giving them. U-Turn has enough merit here if I want to really separate this from Tapu Fini (and Weezing-Galar) as a Misty Terrain setter that it's worth giving to Rapidash-Mega, especially since Misty Terrain is (thankfully) the weakest of the four canonical terrain types. The Fairy type moves of Dazzling Gleam (there over Burning Jealousy), Misty Explosion, and Misty Terrain are there as moves basically all Fairy types get now, even if only Misty Explosion isn't somewhat redundant--just self-destructive. Finally, Blaze Kick is there to give Rapidash a weaker Fire STAB that doesn't kill itself at the additional cost of slight inaccuracy, which people will have to individually decide is worth it even with the higher crit rate. (Admittedly, it did also seem weird that a blazing horse didn't already have Blaze Kick--it already gets Play Rough, amusingly enough.)

Mechanic-wise: Easily the simplest of the entries in this slate for me given, as stated above, this Rapidash-Mega is meant to be a fast Misty Terrain setter that can either pivot to its teammates or use Swords Dance to set up on its own while avoiding status like paralysis or poison or sleep (or full paralysis--[insert image of a shaking fist here]). Unlike Tapu Fini (or Weezing-Galar), setting up Misty Terrain doesn't sabotage itself at times (unless you're really fishing for Flare Blitz burns or want to use Will O'Wisp) and it has greater speed and physical power than either of those mons in addition to being able to get out of dodge more aggressively. I wanted to make sure that its base Atk was at least a bit higher than any of the Tapu's highest stats even if Rapidash-Mega is still overall weaker than any of them but Fini since Misty Terrain (thankfully) doesn't boost the power of one of its STABs. The Fire/Fairy combination also gets walled by other Fire types, which U-Turn doesn't help and which it can't brute force like Simisear-Mega can, in addition to still being weak to Stealth Rock, which means it basically has to choose its fourth move carefully between High Horsepower, Morning Sun, or Swords Dance for the most typical sets. It could easily use something else even, such as Misty Explosion.

As it stands, despite having just ended up with a Fire/Fairy mon two slates ago, I don't think Rapidash-Mega actually steps on Simisear-Mega's still developing niche at all. I am thankful that Misty Terrain is so relatively weak as far as Terrain goes since it allows the option to be so much speedier than Simisear-Mega without being automatically problematic due to already having Swords Dance.* That is what helps set the two apart the most besides the terrain setting itself.

(*I will admit that Rapidash-Mega's Atk was...significantly higher before I saw Hematite's note, which I think is reasonable even with the aforementioned coverage issues and 4MSS. So said Atk is now the lower 110, which I think is fair even with all that Speed and Misty Terrain back-up.)

Zebstrika-Mega @ Zebstrikite
New Typing:
/

New Ability: Bug Zapper = While this Pokémon is active, if any Pokémon uses a Bug-type move, it is prevented from executing and the attacker loses 1/4 of its maximum HP, rounded half up. [EDIT #2: Previously named "Buzz Off!", but since inkbug apparently asked nicely, it is now named Bug Zapper.]

NEW STATS
HP:
Atk: 100 => 080 (switched with SpA)
Def: 065 => 080 (+15)
SpA: 080 => 128 (switched with Atk and +28)
SpD: 063 => 090 (+27)
Spe: 116 => 146 (+30)
(BST: 497 => 597)

Movepool Additions: Dark Pulse**, Knock Off, Parting Shot, Rising Voltage, Work Up
[**I admittedly sort of want to give it Fiery Wrath, but I also don't want to push its power and take a move currently exclusive to a legendary mon despite it fitting the jist of this submission, especially since I ended up letting Zebstrika-Mega still have Work Up--down from initial Nasty Plot]

Pokédex Description: "Mega Evolution has made Zebstrika more ill-tempered than ever, with the brunt of its thunderous anger being directed towards bug Pokémon for reasons not yet known."

This originally had a different yet still Bug-related ability, but then I realized that if this somehow won, the more general ability would be locked behind a rather specific name that couldn't be easily used by other mons in this mod if other people wanted to use it. As such, I decided to change things a bit and ended up effectively ripping off Sawsbuck-Spring-Mega's Spring Fever ability as I focused more on Zebstrika's rage. Whoops? (I guess I'll credit ViZar here for thinking up that ability before I forget again. So, uh, thanks, ViZar.)

Flavor-wise: [Insert "dark horse" puns here.] In continuing my usual "look at the Pokédex entries I usually completely ignore and don't take seriously since no one should" methodology for these, I was surprised to see that half of Zebstrika's entries focus on how ill-tempered it is. That's generally something you see with only Dark types or Fire types from what I've noticed--maybe some of the more aggressive Fighting types. Given that becoming Fire would both be even more random than becoming Dark as well as step on regular Rapidash, who is also in this very same slate, I decided to go with Dark (since I also didn't want to go Fighting). Rapidash also being in this slate is part of why I decided to make Zebstrika more special attack-oriented (which is part of why I dind't go Fighting either) even though that required swapping its attacking stats.

As for the seemingly random anti-Bug ability, when looking up the actual real-life animal of the zebra, I was reminded that of the many theories for why they are striped in the first place, the one that seems to have most consensus still is that the stripes are to confuse and ward away flies. Between the bad temper angle, even this mod surprisingly having no anti-Bug ability as of yet, and personally being tired of pivot moves, of which U-Turn and Volt-Switch were the original versions of (ignoring Baton Pass), the ability and the name came to me rather quickly after I put my original ability aside.

Movepool-wise: I guess I should start by addressing the hypocrisy of saying I'm tired of pivot moves only to give two mons in a row in one slate pivoting moves--technically three since last slate ended with my Empoleon-Mega getting Flip Turn. Here Parting Shot seems both on flavor and decently fine, especially since I gave Zebstrika Work Up instead of Nasty Plot as I was initially going to do. The hypocrisy is admittedly a bit amusing in this instance, but I actually wouldn't have indulged in it at all if Zebstrika didn't already get Volt Switch anyway. Parting Shot also seems fine given Soundproof Kommo-o already seemed at least somewhat viable in the current Megas for All meta from what little I've played of it via both tours over the last weekend, especially with all of the Acid Rock lurking around thanks to Toxtricity-Lowkey-Mega being so good--we did it guys! (There's also just something very amusing to me about the mental image a zebra cursing you out as it prances it off to send someone else to destroy you.)

As for its other moves, Dark Pulse is needed (special) STAB since otherwise it would be stuck with only Hidden Power Dark and, of all things, Pursuit and Snatch. Knock Off is also for STAB but mostly for screwing over Blissey and Chansey due to lowered Atk. Rising Voltage is just something that all Electric mons get now, though getting that is part of the reason why I ended up making sure its SpA was below 130 even though it doesn't automatically set Electric Terrain. The other part for this and for getting Work Up instead of Nasty Plot is just because of how high its Speed ended up being due to not wanting to dump that much into bulk--it's already bulkier than Manectric-Mega now, which is also amusing. (I just wanted to stick to Zeraora while also not obviating Boltund-Mega's speed tier, so they tie and Boltund-Mega kind of beats this Zebstrika-Mega amusingly due to Fairy type.) [/amusing]

Mechanic-wise: The dark elephant in the room is what becoming part-Dark does for this both positively and negatively--I swear that's not an electricity pun. When it comes to the positives of Dark typing for Zebstrika-Mega, it's actually the third most effective typing combination with Electric as far as (neutral) coverage goes. The only types better at complimenting Electric are Ice, which has horrific weaknesses and a singular crappy resist, and Ghost, which would be weird to randomly add and likely screw over Rotom-Mega down the road with this becoming a special attacker. (For the record, I'm not concerned with screwing over Morpeko-Mega down the road just because that seems likely to end up a physical attacker since Aura Wheel is physical.)

With Dark type, unlike with Ice or Ghost, you get actual resists while still getting at least one immunity even ignoring Buzz Off! effectively making this Zebstrika-Mega also immune to Bug. Being newly resist to Shadow Sneak and Sucker Punch is pretty nice when you're also immune to First Impression (from things other than Haxorus) even you normally wouldn't be, even if becoming weak to Mach Punch is an unfortuante downside. In a weird way, however, becoming Dark makes this easy to place on Psychic Terrain teams as well, which stops Mach Punch dead for you anyway as well helps Zebstrika-Mega's teammates bully Fighting types.

Most importantly, however, as noted above Zebstrika is now resistant to both of the most common pivot moves while also getting STAB on moves that super effectively hit the most common Flip Turn-or-Teleport-using mons. This leaves only opposing Parting Shot users as the mons that can most readily pivot out against it "safely".

Still, it's not like it's all sunshine since even with Buzz Off! activate, this Zebstrika-Mega is now weak to Fighting and Fairy moves in addition to Ground and all hazards and all damaging weather. That's not great, especially with no recovery and with the unfortunate tendency of many Fairy types to have great SpD. At least you can pivot out of them easily, but it's still annoying for Zebstrika-Mega.

Finally, the most subtle downside to this Zebstrika-Mega is that it can't use Signal Beam (or Hidden Power Bug) to hit the relatively few mons that do still resist its new STAB combination--largely other Dark types--since Buzz Off! will activate on itself too. Most of those mons are hit reasonably well by Overheat, but it's certainly still a downside, especially when Hydreigon and Kommo-o are exceptions to that--not that Signal Beam hits Kommo-o well either.

Mudsdale-Mega @ Mudsdalite
Typing:

New Ability: Oblivious

NEW STATS
HP:
Atk: 125 => 135 (+10)
Def: 100 => 145 (+45)
SpA: 055 => 075 (+20)
SpD: 085 => 110 (+25)
Spe: 035
(BST: 500 => 600)

Movepool Additions: Calm Mind, Gyro Ball, Power Gem, Spikes

Pokédex Description: "Mudsdale's increased size has not removed its docility. In fact, the opposite has happened as it often now continues to work even when asleep."

Ugh. Mudsdale is easily the most difficult of these mons for me since it's natural want to make its Mega rather bulky, but I also still want it to be capable of eventually going down, especially given its relatively high Atk. Mons do need to be capable of being defeated without having being forced to resort to highly damaging super effective attacks after all, which is why I'm not giving Musdale-Mega any additional recovery--Rest will have to do for it.

Flavor-wise: Distributing Mudsdale's stats in a way that took account of the above was...annoying, especially since I didn't just want to make Speed a dump stat. I tried to make it bulkier than at least Drapion-Mega and Spiritomb-Mega on the physical side since it seemed weird for those mons to outdo its Defense stat. This even though Mudsdale already has more HP than both, which may make that desire (still) a mistake even without the instant recovery. Given that the in-game Pokédex emphasizes how docile Mudsdale actually is, being basically the exact opposite of Zebstrika in temperament, I figured I would with the ability that outright blocks Taunt, which is the closest thing to an anger-inducing move in this game. Incidentally Oblivious ended up seeming like the least obnoxious option anyway out of at least four other canonical abilities that I could considered a decent fit. Being immune to Taunt also helps mitigate its slow Speed somewhat; that Oblivious blocks Intimidate as Gen 8 is nice but somewhat coincidental.

This same calmness is what let me thankfully dump some of the Mega boost into SpA and grant it Calm Mind when I normally wouldn't have bothered despite already being uncomfortable Mudsdale's bulk as it is. I guess I'm mostly just worried about its overall bulk because it's very easy to imagine this taking at least a hit or two with Stamina incidentally before it has to Mega Evolve.

Movepool-wise: I've already explained why Calm Mind made the cut for new moves, which is part of the reason that Power Gem made the cut despite my just liking that underused special attack in general. Spikes is--ugh, still correct grammar--the new move I added first and part of the reason I decided to have Oblivious ultimately be my Mudsdale-Mega's ability. Gyro Ball was the last addition after initially having Refresh instead, with Gyro Ball being added after I finally realized that Mudsdale (thankfully) lacks Curse and thus wouldn't become a monster with it almost automatically. Refresh was mostly there for the same reason I gave it to my Torterra-Mega, though here I imagined Mudsdale-Mega was just using new mud on itself rather than a seasonal reasoning. I also get rid of it, however, after I eventually realized it's mostly just redundant with Rest too.

Mechanic-wise: In a way, this Mudsdale-Mega is almost as straightforward as my Rapidash-Mega in its role: a slow and steady wall that supports its teammates and has good coverage with minimal moves due to just the combination of Ground and Rock still being so good. The addition of Oblivious, however, makes it secondarily a good set-up mon between nigh unstoppable Iron Defense, Calm Mind, and Rest. It also generally just hits hard without having to invest much of anything into its offenses in-between being immune to Intimidate and having to access both Body Press and Gyro Ball even if neither are STAB. Calm Mind is probably more usable than it looks despite the below average initial SpA just due to Mudsdale-Mega's physical bulk even uninvested and just how well both Earth Power & Power Gem coverage thanks. Chansey & Blissey and the Unaware mons obviously just wall you anyway if you go the Calm Mind route though. Yay!

Last edited:
500px-078Rapidash.png

Mega Rapidash
Type: Fire
Ability: Adaptability
New Moves: Focus Blast, Grass Knot, U-turn
Stats:
Hp: 60
Atk: 80 (Swap SpA)
Def: 110 (+40)
SpA: 120 (Swap Atk +20)
SpD: 105 (+25)
Spe: 120 (+15)
BST: 600 (+100)

Reasoning
For this mega, I avoided changing too much about its base form aside from prioritizing its special attack and defense.

I chose to make its defense stat a lot higher so it could fair well against physically offensive Steel, Grass, Ice, and Bug types, which is what this Mega Rapidash's main offensive purpose would serve. :Rillaboom: :Corviknight: :Kartana: :Excadrill: :Ferrothorn: :Bisharp: :Jirachi: :Buzzwole: :Weavile:

As an example, I took a closer look at Rillaboom :Rillaboom: and Corviknight :Corviknight: who are currently really strong in the meta: Without allocating a portion of its mega stat boost to defense, Rapidash would get OHKO’d by Wood Hammer from a choiced Rillaboom (+252 Atk) on Grassy Terrain, and be 2HKO’d by Brave Bird from a Corviknight with no attack investment. (Although Rillaboom hits everything hard, for this Mega Rapidash, I wanted it to be able to at least withstand one of its hits!)

Old Defensive Calcs:
0 Atk Corviknight Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rapidash: 154-183 (56.8 - 67.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO :Corviknight:
252+ Atk Choice Band Rillaboom Wood Hammer vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rapidash in Grassy Terrain: 273-321 (100.7 - 118.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO :Rillaboom:

New Defensive Calcs:
0 Atk Corviknight Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rapidash: 106-126 (39.1 - 46.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO :Rillaboom:
252+ Atk Choice Band Rillaboom Wood Hammer vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rapidash in Grassy Terrain: 187-221 (69 - 81.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO :Rillaboom:

New Offensive Calcs:
252 SpA Adaptability Rapidash Overheat vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 268-316 (66.3 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-2 252 SpA Adaptability Rapidash Overheat vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 136-160 (33.6 - 39.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Adaptability Rapidash Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 226-268 (55.9 - 66.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Adaptability Rapidash Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 186-220 (46 - 54.4%) -- 55.1% chance to 2HKO

(Doubles)
252 SpA Adaptability Rapidash Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 146-174 (36.1 - 43%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Simple Counter Examples: With its new speed stat, it would still be outsped by common offensive water types like Greninja, and without access to very strong special electric/ground/psychic type moves, it could be walled well by Toxapex and other bulky water types. Bulky dragon types would also fair well against Mega Rapidash.

Mixed Attacking Potential: With its new 80 attack stat and inability to be burned, it would still hold potential to be a mixed attacker with SD and its decent physical move-pool. Keeping its attack fairly low helps balance it. I fear giving it any more attack would make it hard to deal with, especially considering Adaptability. I personally wasn’t as interested in making it a completely mixed attacker since the last two slates gave us two mixed attacking fire type megas. (Which isn't bad!)

Utility Potential: With its boosted defenses and great utility move-pool, it has potential to be used as an offensive utility team member.

New moves:
Focus Blast – Having a new form of special coverage would suit it well, but it isn't inherently necessary for it to function well.
Grass Knot – Other than Solar Beam/Solar Blade which are charge moves, it doesn't have other grass type coverage.
U-turn – This would allow it to pivot from Pokémon that wall/counter it. With its limited special move coverage, I think it would be a great addition.

Notable Special Moves: Overheat, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Heat Wave (Doubles), Scorching Sands, Solar Beam
Notable Physical Moves: Flare Blitz, Wild Charge, High Horsepower, Play Rough, Poison Jab, Swords Dance
Notable Utility Moves: Mystical Fire, Morning Sun, Toxic, Substitute, Rest, Sleep Talk, Ally Switch (Doubles)
Rapidash and Ponyta are well known for their ability to adapt to various environments.

Their robustness has allowed them to inhabit all kinds of locations, from plains to mountain ranges.
Kanto – Pokémon Mansion, Kindle Road, Mt. Ember
Jhoto – Mt. Silver
Hoenn – Jagged Pass
Sinnoh – Grassy Routes: 206, 207, 210, 211, 214, 215
Unova – Grassy Hill Route: 212

As Rapidash mega evolves, it uses its adaptability as a source of power to strengthen its fire type moves. Along with its overall growth in strength, it's grown faster and pivots when galloping by using U-Turn. To master its new boost in special attack, it intensely focuses while training, this has allowed it to learn Focus Blast. Its favorite environment to run in are plains biomes, and it now harnesses the power of grass through Grass Knot.

Thank you for taking the time to read!

Last edited:
:ss/zebstrika:
Mega Zebstrika
Type:
Electric
Ability: Contrary
Moves: Rising Voltage, Burning Jealousy, Lash Out
Stats:
HP: 75​
Att: 125 (+25)
Def: 93 (+30)
SpA: 90 (+10)
SpD: 93 (+30)
Spe: 121 (+5)

I almost want to say that Mega Zebstrika is white with black stripes instead of its usual black with white stripes, but that just feels morally wrong, so all I'm gonna say to justify Contrary is that zebras are real pieces of shit who only hang out in groups because it's pragmatic (and also their black and white color scheme is contrary to itself in a way, like contrast and whatnot).

Anyway, balancing this mega was very scary. Serperior has an incredibly mediocre base Special Attack, a terrible offensive typing, and absolutely dogshit coverage, and yet it still manages to be a terrifying offensive threat just due to the sheer power of Contrary Leaf Storm. And here I was trying to put Contrary on a Pokemon who's naturally stronger, faster, and has great coverage. True, its defensive typing is worse, its movepool lacks the utility of Serperior, and its Contrary move is non-STAB, but I still had to handle it delicately.

Step 1: Put as few points as possible into Special Attack and Speed. Zebstrika is already very fast, so a mere 5 points is enough to put it on the level of Tornadus-Therian. A little bit of extra power compared to Serperior is fine since Overheat isn't STAB, but being able to quickly acquire boosts means it can't go too high.

Step 2: Put a moderate amount of points into Attack. This is mainly to throw them away, but part of me hopes that it somehow makes use of those points to be a mixed attacker or punish Intimidate or something.

Step 3: Put the remaining points into bulk. I was hoping it wouldn't be almost identical to Serperior's bulk, but given its worse defensive typing and lack of Leftovers, Leech Seed, and Synthesis, it's probably fine.

Last edited:
mega zebstrika

electric
stats
hp- 75
atk- 100(+25)>125
def- 63(+15)>78
spa- 80(+15)>95
spd- 63(+30)>93
spe- 116(+15)>131

ability: supercharger- when hit with a contact move the user has the "charge" effect applied to it (the next electric move does double damage and the user has its special defense raised by 1 stage)

new moves: flare blitz, zing zap
I've wanted to make a mega zebstrika for a while and (if i ever get around to it) will be making one in a fan game in the future, however my idea for that wouldn't really fit the format of this pet mod, so instead we have supercharger! with the new addition of zing zap, it's able to last longer in battle since it's not taking recoil plus its flinch chance, and if it does get hit with a contact move its next move will be doing double damage, making it a major threat

:ss/mudsdale:
mega mudsdale

ground/fighting
stats
hp- 100
atk- 125(+20)>145
def- 100(+30)>130
spa- 55(+25)>75
spd- 85(+10)>95
spe- 35(+15)>50

ability: mold breaker

new moves: blaze kick
okay so this might be the one I'm most proud of because of how simple it is. mudsdale is covered in hard clay-like mud, and clay is a common material for molds to be made out of, so it's practically screaming to have this ability! and it certainly appreciates not having to worry about levitate users like rotom. its incredible endurance and unbreakable spirit made me think that the additional fighting type would be pretty fitting as well, and the stab bonus on body press certainly doesn't hurt. hope y'all enjoy!

:ss/rapidash:
mega rapidash

fire
stats
hp- 65
atk- 100(+15)>115
def- 70(+25)>95
spa- 80(+40)>120
spd- 80(+30)>110
spe- 105(-10)>95

ability: fiery neigh- when the user k.o.'s a pokemon, its speed raises by one

new moves: extreme speed

i originally had a completely different idea for this but Random Person had a similar idea so i decided to go in a different direction. at first i was gonna do a fire/dark type with grim neigh but then i thought why not make a third neigh ability, so now we have fiery neigh. i had to be very conscious of its stats bc this ability can easily let it get out of hand. it is kinda weird that despite having so many of its dex entries and even its name reference how fast it is, it really isn't crazy fast! so hopefully this is a fun way to go about that

Last edited:
:bw/zebstrika:
Mega Zebstrika
Type: Electric
Ability: Thunderclap - On the second turn after this pokemon has successfully landed an electric type move, the entire field undergoes the effect of electrify. (Pokemon with soundproof are not affected)
'The air reverberated with the sound of thunder'
Just in case people don't know what this move does, it is an electric type status move that 'Changes the target's move to electric type this turn'
New Moves: Jump Kick, U-Turn, Rising Voltage, Work Up
HP - 75
ATK - 125 (+25)
DEF - 78 (+15)
SpA - 120 (+40)
SpD - 78 (+15)
SPE - 121 (+5)
Based of the many dex entries that state 'When Zebstrika run at full speed, the sound of thunder reverberates.', the ability for this pokemon allows it to force all moves too be electric type two turns after Zebstrika has attacked with an electric move.
Zebstrika can make use of this ability to give it a circumstantial 120 BP Physical Electric STAB in Double Edge. Changing the type of the opponents attacks also significantly weakens them by removing STAB, and against Zebstrika (and a well built team), making their hits resisted. By pivoting out with Volt-Switch, Zebstrika can support their team with the effect, giving Dragon, Ground, Grass and other Electric types much safer switch ins on the turn of the effect.
All of these are after the move has become electric type due to electrify.
252 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Zebstrika: 73-86 (25 - 29.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 Atk Landorus-Therian Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Zebstrika: 128-151 (43.9 - 51.8%) -- 11.7% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Rillaboom Wood Hammer vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Zebstrika: 130-153 (44.6 - 52.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
The ability also gives some of your more offensive mons strong electric type coverage on certain turns, which could help prevent them from being walled by things like Pex, Corv or Slowbro

There are downsides however, as due to the ability affecting the entire field, the opponent can also take advantage of and make smart use of their electric resists.

There is always the option to pair Zebstrika with a Lightning Rod or Motor Drive pokemon, which sounds like a lot of fun, however unfortunately most of the non-mega lightning rod pokemon are very underwhelming. (The pokemon that would be the most promising are Manectric and Electivire respectively. Electivire in particular sounds pretty heat w/ a choice band or life orb)

Last edited:
2975263.jpg

:rapidash: Mega Rapidash @ Rapidashite
Typing: Fire
Ability: Reckless
Stats: HP: 65
ATK: 112 (+12)
DEF: 99 (+29)
SPA: 107 (+27)
SPD: 99 (+19)
SPE: 118 (+13)
New move : Jump kick

Rapidash is described in the pokedex as a very competitive mon, trying to race with anything that move fast. I wanted to refelct that fiery and reckless nature in its ability. Competitively , 118 speed allow it to outrun notable threath like mega falink , Starmie or keldeo , threateing them with a strong reckless boosted flare blitz or wild charge. The speed is slow enough to let it be revenged killed by faster mon like mega staraptor , weavile or zeraora. Priority is also a good way to revenge kill that mon as its abuse recoil move and easily fall into their range , espacially aqua jet or accelrock . The added bulk help it in setting up sword dance or making its acces to morning sun relevant to recover the hp lost due to abusing recoil move. Jump kick is a little addition to its move pool that profit the addition of Reckless and can help against specific mon such as tyranitar .
With the combinaison of its ability and movepool that mon can act as a fast wallbreaker or sweeper, but still need heavy support by the team to perform well due to its incresead weakness to hazard on top of recoil that make it easy to cheap. Its bulk while correct isn't that great easier and let it be easy to revenge kill.

Last edited:
:bw/zebstrika:
Mega Zebstrika
Ability: Rampage (This Pokemon's attacking Moves have their Base Power multiplied by 1.5x, but attack for 2-3 turns before causing Confusion. Does not affect moves which already do this, like Thrash, or pivoting moves like Volt Switch)
Type:

Stats:
HP: 75
Atk: 100(+15) --> 115
Def: 63(+15) --> 78
SpA: 80(+35) --> 115
SpD: 63(+15) --> 78
Spe: 116 (+20) --> 136
New Moves: Crunch, Dark Pulse
Description:
Concept
Zebstrika's Pokedex entry in White states: "This ill-tempered Pokémon is dangerous because when it's angry, it shoots lightning from its mane in all directions." The idea of Zebstrika getting angry and attacking ruthlessly made me give it the Dark type and the custom Ability Rampage.
In Battle
One interesting thing about Zebstrika is that all three of its Abilities give it immunities. Lightning Rod and Motor Drive give it an immunity to Electric, and Sap Sipper gives it an immunity to Grass. Using one of these Abilities before Mega Evolution allows it to get both a safe switch-in and a stat boost. After this, Zebstrika can hit back hard and punch some serious holes in the opponent's team using the stat buff AND the boost from Rampage, especially now that its a mixed attacker with more options. Alternatively, it can also be brought in late-game when all the checks and counters have fainted, and used to clean up what is left. However, since the moves lock Zebstrika in, it is still easy to counter. On top of this, its movepool is also very bad, so there are less options to abuse Rampage.
+1 252+ Atk Zebstrika Wild Charge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 222-262 (65.1 - 76.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 252+ Atk Zebstrika Crunch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 198-234 (58 - 68.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO [neutral hit]

+1 252+ SpA Zebstrika Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 141-166 (20 - 23.6%) -- guaranteed 5HKO

+1 252+ SpA Zebstrika Dark Pulse vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 126-148 (17.9 - 21%) -- possible 5HKO

:bw/rapidash:
Mega Rapidash
Ability: Ambitious (This Pokemon's Speed is raised by 2 for each of its stats that is lowered by a foe.)
Type:

Stats:
HP: 65
Atk: 100 (+45) --> 145
Def: 70(+30) --> 100
SpA: 80(+30) --> 110
SpD: 80(+30) --> 110
Spe: 105(-35) --> 70
New Moves: Blaze Kick, Spirit Break

Description:
Concept
I saw the Yellow Pokedex entry for Rapidash ("Just loves to run. If it sees something faster than itself, it will give chase at top speed.") and decided that it was a playful horse, which is the reason behind the Fairy typing. The Red and Blue Pokedex entry ("Very competitive, this Pokémon will chase anything that moves fast in the hopes of racing it.") is the inspiration for its new Ability, Ambitious.

In Battle
Ambitious functions like Defiant or Competitive, but with Speed instead. This can be helpful for punishing Defog, Intimidate, or Parting Shot, all of which are fairly common in this meta. With access to Swords Dance and 145 base Attack, Rapidash can become a threat once it gets an Ambitious boost off. It also already gets access to Play Rough, and now it doesn't have to rely on Flare Blitz (and its recoil) thanks to Blaze Kick. However, Rapidash is held back by its bad speed, so it has to depend on its ability (or Agility) to outspeed its foes.
252+ Atk Rapidash Blaze Kick vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 166-196 (48.6 - 57.4%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO

252+ Atk Rapidash Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 175-207 (51.3 - 60.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Mega Mudsdale
Ability: Endurance (If this Pokemon is hit super effectively, raises Defense and Special Defense by 1 stage)
Type: GROUND PSYCHIC
Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: 125(+10) --> 135
Def: 100
SpA: 55(+45) --> 100
SpD: 85(+15) --> 100
Spe: 35(+30) --> 65
New Moves: Zen Headbutt, Work Up

Description:
Concept
In Ultra Sun, the pokedex entry on Mudsdale states: "It remains calm and unmoving no matter the situation." This was my main motivation behind adding the Psychic type to it (since they are the type known for calm, cool thinking), and also the custom Ability, Endurance.
In Battle
Ground/Psychic is terrible defensive typing, but it is designed to work well with Endurance. Mudsdale now stops pivots in their tracks, since the chip damage from U Turn or Flip Turn isn't worth the buff in the defenses that it will trigger. In addition to this, the Ground type also offers immunity to Volt Switch. Work Up fits it in terms of flavour as a hardworking horse, but can also make it into a sweeper under Trick Room, with a sort of defensive Weakness Policy. However, Mudsdale still lacks reliable recovery, which makes it less of a threat.
252+ Atk Mudsdale Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 186-219 (54.5 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Mudsdale Zen Headbutt vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 148-175 (43.4 - 51.3%) -- 6.6% chance to 2HKO [neutral hit]

Last edited:
Alright, time for Rapidash. Let's check out them Pokedex entries, shall we?

"Very competitive, this Pokémon will chase anything that moves fast in the hopes of racing it."

Cool. That seems pretty straight-forward.

Mega Rapidash
Ability: Competitive
Stats:
[indent]HP: 65[/ind

Oh, hold on one second. I should take this.

Hey, what's up?
Oh shit, someone already called dibs? That's a shame.
No, no, it's fine.
Yeah, thanks for letting me know. Oh hey, can you pick up some cranberry juice on the way home? We're running low.
Cool, thanks.
Alright, I gotta go. See ya.
Bye.

Alright, change of plans.

Mega Rapidash
Ability: Defiant
Stats:
HP: 65​
Att: 115 (+15)
Def: 70​
SpA: 100 (+20)
SpD: 110 (+30)
Spe: 140 (+35)

All jokes aside, Defiant Rapidash and Competitive Rapidash would obviously play very differently, but there is one specific role where I think Defiant is much better than Competitive, and that's punishing Intimidate in singles. You might think "hold on a second, if a Competitive user gets Intimidated, it ends up at +2 SpA, but if a Defiant user gets Intimidated, it ends up at +1, how is that better?" but consider why someone would include an Intimidate user on their team. If someone has an Intimidate user on their team, it's probably there to deal with physical attackers. This means that a Pokemon with Defiant prevents the Intimidate user from doing its job, and puts the burden of dealing with it on the Intimidater's teammates, teammates who might not be very well equipped to deal with physical attackers. Meanwhile, the Intimidate user has little reason to switch into a Competitive user, since dealing with special attackers isn't its job. (Competitive is probably better in doubles though, since hiding an Intimidate user is much less feasible, and also in the specific case of Rapidash it has STAB Heat Wave.)

Almost none of what I just said was specific to Rapidash, and was instead my own musings on the functionality of two mirror abilities in a vacuum, so I'm not sure why I went into such great detail about it. Anyway, onto Rapidash itself. Let's start with the speed. I have an obsession with base 140 speed. Just look at the Nat Dex teambuilder and sort by speed.

That's a seven point gap between speed tiers. We've made a few megas that fall in that range, but we need more. We always need more. *cough* Sorry about that. Moving on. Since I made Rapidash so fast, I was extremely cautious with Mega Rapidash's Attack stat, since it has Swords Dance and a very strong STAB (it hits has hard as a Lando-T Earthquake or a Xurkitree Thunderbolt) but then I remembered we have a Terrakion with 150 Attack and 142 Speed in this mod named Mega Dusk Lycanroc, and it's only decent. While the Murder Dog certainly holds the advantage in power, Mega Rapidash is much better defensively, with enough bulk to actually set up a Swords Dance, as well as some nifty tools like fast Morning Sun, Will-O-Wisp, and Hypnosis.

If your reaction to this post was "Pumpkinz what the fuck is this rambling mess?" then you're not alone. I had that same reaction while proofreading. I may have displaced my mind.

1616336848079.png

(image cred: Michael Adams)
Rapidash-Mega (Fire/Flying)
Ability: Fiery Mane (When at full HP, fire moves gain priority (Gale wings for fire))

HP: 65 (+0)
Atk: 130 (+30)
Def: 100 (+30)
Spa: 100 (+20)
Spd: 100 (+20)
Spe: 105 (+0)

New Moves: Air Slash, Defog

Description: I loved rapidash as a kid, and it always reminded me of Pegasus. So, when this opportunity came around, I turned it into one! As to the moves, I added the only flying move I could see rapidash getting, and defog. I'm tempted to put horn leech because of its horn, but I decided against it.

1616336983186.png

Mudsdale-Mega (Ground/Fighting)
Ability: Canter (Upon switch in, this pokemon receives a boost to its speed)

HP: 100 (+0)
Atk: 150 (+25)
Def: 115 (+15)
Spa: 75 (+20)
Spd: 100 (+15)
Spe: 60 (+25)

New Moves: Bulk Up, Power Whip, Jump Kick

Description: Mudsdale is a tough, hard fighting horse. You can even see it in their bulbapedia entry: "Regardless of the trouble it is in, it will never cry out and defeats opponents with a single blow". Because of this calm minded, powerful mentality, I'm reminded of a fighter, and mudsdale already has some great fighting moves. I feel JK is a good addition cus its a horse/mule, so it would be able to both jump and kick (lol), much like stantler. As to power whip, I added that because of its dread locks, which in the mega, I envision getting longer.

1616337094188.png

Zebstrika-Mega (Electric/Dark)
Ability: Dazzling

HP: 75 (+0)
Atk: 120 (+20)
Def: 93(+30)
Spa: 90 (+10)
Spd: 73(+10)
Spe: 146 (+30)

New Moves: Dark Pulse, Lash Out, Throat Chop, Nasty Plot, Electro Ball

Description: "Zebstrika can move as quickly as lightning, releasing thunderclaps at full gallop". Fast as lightning you say? Let's do it >:]. The dark typing was added because of its primarily black body, and I think it would be cool for a zebra to be half dark (ghost, dark) and half light (electric, fairy, normal). I don't really expect this one to get votes, but I thought it was cool.
I would like to clarify I dont like this idea very much, please dont vote for it.

Last edited:
:ss/Rapidash:
Rapidash-mega
Type: Fire/Dark
Ability:
Cursed Body
New moves: Foul Play, Pursuit

Stats:

HP: 65 > 65 (-)
Atk: 100 > 140 (+40)
Def: 70 > 100 (+30)
SpA: 80 > 80 (-)
SpD: 80 > 100 (+20)
Spe: 105 > 115 (+10)

This sub is inspired by the brazilian folklore story of the headless mule.
The myth has lots of variations, but the most commons tells about a sinful woman that is cursed by her actions, and every friday night transforms into a giant terrifying horse-like creature that has intense flames in the place of the head.
This creature's cry of sorrow is loud and agonizing, and is also the announcement of a vicious attack. Extremely violent, the creature will attack anything that moves with its powerful legs, even loved ones, and can even kill.
It spits fire to burn entire villages, and the only way to stop the curse is to collect it's blood with a virgin needle. Yes, you must approach a big vicious creature that spits fire, and collect its blood. It is immune to swords and bullets btw, so no killing it.

1617195884489.png

Translating the story into Mega-Rapidash:
Mega energy makes Rapidash, that now has intense flames almost covering it's entire head, much more competitive and violent.

Rapidash's body reacts to mega energy. It gains weight, becoming a bigger horse now, but it's flames can now hurt it. The only way to relieve that pain is to never stop running.

Speeking of running, Rapidash will not only chase anything that moves in hopes of racing it. If they refuse, this cursed horse will viciously attack them.

Also, it stills alive (both rapidash and the headless mule), explaining why Dark and not Ghost.

New moves:
Foul Play fits it's competitive side.
Pursuit is about it chasing anything that moves fast in the hopes of racing that.

Why use this mega-rapidash:
There are two pokemons with Fire/Dark typing: Houndoom and Incineroar lines. Both have very different uses, the former beeing quite exclusive to sun teams with its mega, and the latter beeing more supportive/defensive and VGC proned.

This sub is a good physical dark and fire type attacker that is fast, can boost its high attack stat with swords dance and has a good overall ability that can be annoying and punishing to oposing pokemon.

From the resistances side, receiving neutral hits from fairies is cool for a Dark-type, such as receiving an immunity to psychic moves.

It is also bulky enough to switch into resisted ice, dark, fire, grass and ghost attacks. Be aware of rocks tho.

:ss/Mudsdale:
Type: Ground
Ability: Clay Crust
This pokemon receives 50% less damage from moves that does not makes contact. Water type moves deals 2x more damage to it.

New moves: N/A
Stats:
HP:
100 > 100 (-)
Atk: 125 > 155 (+30)
Def: 100 > 100 (-)
SpA: 55 > 80 (+25)
SpD: 85 > 100 (+15)
Spe: 35 > 65 (+30)

"It remains calm and unmoving no matter the situation. It mixes dirt with the saliva in its mouth to make a special kind of mud."

I think Mudsdale is a perfect candidate for reverse world Fluffy.

What diferenciate this from other ground-type pokemon on the meta?
It's ability to sponge moves that are usually special. Excadrill, Hippowdon and Nidoqueen fears strong special attacks that, as long it is not a water move, Mudsdale-Mega can handle.

Not only Special moves, actually. It receives much less damage from Earthquakes, that can a threaten folks like Excadrill and Nidoqueen-M.

Mudsdale is also resistant to Ice attacks, since basically all important ice moves does not makes contact, including physical moves.

Most multi-hits and ballistic moves also, making this the perfect counter for Scale Shot Garchomp, that usually runs SD, Scale Shot, Earthquake and Stone Edge. All those moves are resisted by clay crust, and one of them can activate stamina pre-mega more then one single time.

Of course, mold breaker and Rillaboom/Bulu ruins it, just like rain teams and things like Ash-Gren, Crawdaunt and specially Urshifu-R. But it is overall fun to use.

:ss/Zebstrika:
Type: Electric/Ground
Ability:
Zap Zone
This pokemon's attacks ignores abilities and stat changes. In addition, if this pokemon faints, Electric Terrain is summoned. Immunity to Intimidate.

New Moves: Zing Zap, Rising Voltage, High Horsepower, Stomping Tantrum, Extreme Speed
Stats:
HP: 75 > 75 (-)
Atk: 100 > 140 (+40)
Def: 63 > 73 (+10)
SpA: 80 > 110 (+30)
SpD: 63 > 73 (+10)
Spe: 116 > 126 (+10)

Based on TCG:
1617185234819.png

Does not care at all for volt absorb and lightning rod, as well as levitate. Same goes for defense raises. And intimidate.

As far as new moves go: High Horsepower and Rising Voltage are standard moves that it would probably receive in Gen 8.

Zing Zap is good electric stab that not only fits dex entries, it is also a Z named move on the Zebra pokemon, with the Z ability.

Stomping Tantrum is another Ground-type move that makes sense for a Horse-like pokemon to have, and with it's mega, it is stab.

Extreme Speed fits dex entries stating how fast it is.

It also has an interestning dual type that grants one immunity and the ability to hit other electric and poison types harder.
Fire coverage for grasses is nice.

What does nullifies this mega? Lando, Gliscor, Garchomp. And they're everywhere.

I thought of giving it Ice coverage, but that would be too much. So I gave it ESpeed and an ability to block intimidate.

Also summons Electric Terrain if faints, helping in terrain wars.

Last edited:
Ok here we go first sub

Mega Zebstrika
Ability: Momentum: This pokemon gains +1 speed after it KO's an opponent.

HP: 75 (+0)
ATK: 100 -> 130 (+30)
DEF: 63 -> 96 (+33)
SPATK: 80 -> 100 (+20)
SPDEF: 63 -> 96 (+33)
SPE: 116 -> 130 (+14)

BST: 497 -> 597 (+100)

New Moves: High Horsepower (seriously this is the only horse mon that doesn't get it)

Pokedex entry from Y "They have lightning-like movements. When Zebstrika run at full speed, the sound of thunder reverberates."
When it runs it creates the sound of thunder. It literally breaks the sound barrier. Yea i'm pretty sure this horsie should go fast.

Mega Rapidash
Ability: Analytic

HP: 65 (+0)
ATK: 100 -> 120 (+20)
DEF: 70 -> 100 (+30)
SPATK: 80 -> 95 (+15)
SPDEF: 80 -> 100 (+20)
SPE: 105 -> 120 (+15)

BST: 500 -> 600 (+100)
From the LGPE dex entry: "Just loves to run. If it sees something faster than itself, it will give chase at top speed"
That sounds like analytic waiting to happen. If you run into something as fast as you can from behind I'd think that would hurt quite a bit more than normal, especially from a fire horse. (also yes I know that this thing will probably just spam curse but as far as i know we don't have a cool curse using mega so sue me)

Last edited:

PalpitoadChamp

Chaos Chaos Chaos
is a Pre-Contributor
Mega Zebstrika
Electric
Ability: W.I.P. (This pokemon's Electric-type moves hit Ground-types for neutral damage.)

Hp: 75
Att: 140 (+40)
Def: 73 (+10)
SpA: 90 (+10)
SpD: 73 (+10)
Spd: 146 (+30)

New Moves: Zing Zap

Description: This pokemon's main problem is Ground-types because it can't hit them very hard physically. This changes that.

Mega Mudsdale
Ground
Ability: W.I.P. (This pokemon heals itself by 1/18th of its max hp for every Defense boost it has. This effect happens every 5 turns and upon mega evolving.)

Hp: 100
Att: 135 (+10)
Def: 130 (+30)
SpA: 80 (+25)
SpD: 95 (+10)
Spd: 60 (+25)

New Moves: Bulk Up

Description: Ha ha Iron Defense go brrrrrrrr

Last edited:
:zebstrika: Mega Zebstrika
New Ability:
Surge Surfer

New stats: 75, 135, 78, 96, 78, 135
Attack: 100 -> 135 (+35)
Defense: 63 -> 78 (+15)
Special Attack: 80 -> 96 (+16)
Special Defense: 63 -> 78 (+15)
Speed: 116 -> 135 (+19)
(597 BST)

New moves: Flare Blitz, Jump Kick, Rising Voltage, High Horsepower
Description: soooooo basicaly alolan raichu but an mega

zxgzxg

User feints.
is a Forum Moderator
Mega Rapidash
Type:
Fire ---> Fire
Ability: Flash Fire / Run Away / Flame Body ---> Dazzling
Stats:
HP:
Atk: 100 ---> 100
Def: 70 ---> 70
SpA: 80 ---> 130 (+50)
SpD: 80 ---> 100 (+20)
Spe: 105 ---> 135 (+30)

New Moves: Focus Blast, U-turn

Description: speedf control

Mega Zebstrika
Type:
Electric ---> Electric
Ability: Lightning Rod / Motor Drive / Sap Sipper ---> Sharp Striker | Mega Launcher clone (see Mega Cinderace)
Stats:
HP:
75 ---> 75
Atk: 100 ---> 120 (+20)
Def: 63 ---> 83 (+20)
SpA: 80 ---> 130 (+50)
SpD: 63 ---> 63
Spe: 116 ---> 126 (+10)

Added Moves: Electro Ball, Energy Ball, Focus Blast

Description: when you have to add the moves its gonna abuse urself uh special wallbreaker

Mega Mudsdale
Typing:
Ground ---> Ground / Normal
Ability: Own Tempo / Stamina / Inner Focus ---> Hard Worker | HM Moves have x1.5 power (see Mega Bibarel)
Stats:
HP:
Atk: 125 ---> 150 (+25)
Def: 100 ---> 140 (+40)
SpA: 55 ---> 55
SpD: 85 ---> 105 (+20)
Spe: 35 ---> 50 (+15)

Added Moves: Heat Crash

Description: Physical Wallbreaker. can do rocks too

Last edited:
:bw/Rapidash: Mega <Rapidash>
New Ability
: Sheer force

New stats:
Attack: 120 (+20)
Defense: 90 (+20)
Special Attack: 120 (+40)
Special Defense: 100 (+20)
Speed: 105
(BST)

New moves: Iron head, Blaze kick
Description: Big horse, big kick! This rapidash is going all out with sheer force, boosting attacks like flare blitz and play rough, as well as most of it's special moves. I have added Iron head for some utility against rock types, and Blaze kick as a less risky alternative for rapidash if you (yes, you) don't like recoil damage. This rapidash doesn't have any flying unicorn mumbo jumbo, and just uses it's sheer power (funny) to break through walls, but don't expect it to fight greninja, it WILL get destroyed.
images (8).jpeg

Last edited:

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
This one will have a shorter narrative section than my previous sub, but I will start by doing only one Pokemon this time and I may add them on later.

Mudsdale as a pokemon has an item that it has a chance of being caught with, and this item is Light Clay, this is strange because Mudsdale doesn't have access to Light Screen, Reflect, or even Aurora Veil. Mudsdale is renowned for its ability to take most physical hits because of its ability stamina, and it has decent special bulk as well, so I decided to make my Mudsdale, able to summon the Reflect effect when taking a hit, allowing it to become more defensive itself but also give a boon to its allies.

Mega-Mudsdale
Typing:Ground
Ability:Body of Clay
When hit by a physical move the clay surrounding its body creates a barrier summoning the Reflect as if used with a light clay protecting it and its allies.
HP:100
Attack:125->145(+20)
Defense:100->120(+20)
Special Attack:55(+0)
Special Defense:85->120(+35)
Speed:35->60(+25)

Added Moves:U-turn
Mudsdale gains U turn to be able to more viably leave its screens support for its allies, and also get out when there is a threat.

Description: Mega-Mudsdale's mud surrounding its body has become tougher now able to surround its enemies even when its not there, additionally it has become a more threatening attacker and has gained more bulk and more speed through its mega.
Okay yeah so this is actually a massive boon to offensive Mudsdale, it can survive choiced RIllaboom
252+ Atk Choice Band Rillaboom Grassy Glide vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mudsdale in Grassy Terrain through Reflect: 204-240 (50.4 - 59.4%) -- 80.1% chance to 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
Defensive also has some pretty cool gains as well, with stamina boosts+reflect making it able to take any physical attack but the special attack defense additions give it some calcs like this
+1 252 SpA Volcarona Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 188 SpD Mudsdale: 184-218 (45.5 - 53.9%) -- 45.3% chance to 2HKO
But its offensive presence shouldn't be denied when countered by its main counter rillaboom, it can survive a hit and then U turn right out of there
252+ Atk Mudsdale U-turn vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Rillaboom: 198-234 (58 - 68.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery
And it has a chance to ohko pex after 1 layer of spikes+stealth rock
252+ Atk Mudsdale Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 206-246 (67.7 - 80.9%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes
But yeah, :)

So this one took a bit more work than my Mudsdale, this is my Mega Rapidash, I don't have much connection to Rapidash apart from it being my sisters favorite pokemon, I watched a bit of My little pony to get some inspiration, and I was like, Power of friendship. As a former VGC addict I was like why don't I make this a VGC support mon, and the best way to do that would be Tailwind. So here's my Mega-Rapidash.
Mega-Rapidash
Typing:Fire
Ability:Updraft(Liable to Change)
When Mega-Rapidash Mega Evolves, or switches in, it summons the effects of Tailwind on its side of the battlefield, these effects stay until Mega-Rapidash Leaves the field, or faints.

HP:65
Attack:100->115(+15)
Defense:70->125(+55)
Special Attack:80->140(+60)
Special Defense:80->120(+40)
Speed:105->35(-70)
Added Moves:Helping Hand
This is just to give it a bit more utility to act as support, lots of pokemon without hands learn it so its not that weird either.

Description: Okay this one is big, Updraft would allow rapidash insane speed, and I mean insane if it wasn't lowered massively. So I gave it the speed tier to speedtie Max Speed Jolly Mega Krook, With Jolly and Max investment, which is the 119 Base Stat, The negative 70 gave me 170 to spread around, and make it reasonably bulky for its atrocious hp stat. and also to give it some better offenses, you might be thinking 140 Special Attack is insane but Rapidash gets 2 special moves that aren't fire or normal and those moves are Scorching Sands and Solar Beam. In VGC the bulk combined with the Updraft boosts makes it a great mon to have on your side, offering near perfect speed control. And with the gain of helping hand it can be a good partner to any mon slow or fast. Mega-Rapidash isn't bad in singles either, with this level of speed coupled with swords dance it can also be a decent physical wallbreaker but its outclassed in this role by quite a few mons. The gains to its defenses are massive, and really help it to survive a few hits and with morning sun recovery it can survive another few. Its main offense in VGC is Stab Heat Wave, off of 140 Special attack it can do a lot of damage but its not the best offensive threat.
Its main use is speed control but its not too bad at a lot of other roles as well. And in singles it is still a respectable pokemon. :]

Last edited:
:zebstrika:
Mega Zebstrika
Type: Electric/Flying
Ability: Speed Boost
BST: 75/115(+15)/83(+20)/125(+45)/73(+10)/126(+10)
New Moves: Dual Wingbeat, Acrobatics, Fly, Air Slash, Jump Kick, U-Turn, Rising Voltage, Nasty Plot, Work Up, Thunderous Kick
Description: Everyone's first thought of a mega Rapidash was a pegasus. I merely made Zenstrika one instead. A potential physical, special or mixed attacker. It's bulk and base speed has gotten small boosts as well. Zebstrika has always been stated to move at the speed of sound, and its ability and moves support this. Speed Boost to grow faster and faster, U-turn for momentum, and Thunderous Kick for explicitly needing high-speed movement.

KeroseneZanchu

Banned deucer.
:sm/zebstrika:
Mega Zebstrika
Zebstrikanite

Ability: Inertia - This pokemon takes up to 50% reduced damage from direct attacks, based on how much faster it is than the attacker.

Damage Reduced = 25 × User's Current Speed / Target's Current Speed. (For qwik mafs, you need twice the enemy's speed to reach full boost.)

Stats:
HP - 75 (+0)
ATK - 80 (Swapped +0)
DEF - 81 (+18)
SPA - 130 (Swapped +30)
SPD - 81 (+18)
SPE - 150 (+34)

New Moves: Electro Ball, Thunder Cage, Parabolic Charge, Taunt, Recover

When Zebstrika Mega Evolves, the power of the form finds its home almost entirely in its muscular legs, allowing it to reach a velocity so high that blows from enemy attacks merely glance off its hide. A little ironically, this dramatic increase in strength actually hinders its physical capabilities, as this heightened power comes with a new lack of control, and Mega Zebstrika relies on the incredible amounts of static discharge it produces as a byproduct at moving at such high speeds.
Mono-Electric is an incredibly cool and potentially powerful defensive typing. It is nearly identical to the Normal type in this manner - a type effective in tanking not due to a high number of resistances, but rather its complete lack of weaknesses other than one allowing it to outlast enemy attacks from any source, if given the right stats to work with. It's why Snorlax and Blissey can prove so formidable, but as an almost exclusively "glass canon" type, Game Freak hasn't granted us a great example of this potential.

So, I have. Zebstrika has a lot of tools that allow it to be an incredibly unique wall in more ways than just being mono-Electric. The method of damage reduction allows Zebstrika to maintain decently high offensive stats while still being able to shrug off hits that would cripple other hard-hitting carries - yet Zebstrika's lack of offensive setup prevents it from running away with this new freedom (pardon the pun). It also interacts interesting with both Zebstrika and the concept of tanks in general - Zebstrika has Flame Charge and Agility allowing it to get full benefit from its ability even when forced to run with less-than-ideal matchups against faster foes. Additionally, tanks are traditionally slower Pokemon - whereas Zebstrika throws this constraint out the window. Status like Thunder Wave, Toxic, and Taunt will make Zebstrika very reminiscent of Prankster tanks - which also happens to be a very key ability when thinking about ways to counter Zebstrika.

Thunder Cage also pairs really well with a tanky Electric-type, as Zebstrika resists one of the three damaging pivot moves and its super effective against the users of another. Electro Ball may be a little gimmicky an unreliable, but it is extremely in line both mechanically and flavorfully with the concept and it ultimately unlikely to harm anything in the long run, and so I kept it in. Parabolic Charge gives Zebstrika the potential to become an interesting drain tank as an offset to the more likely to be meta bruiser carry or status heavy builds, and Recover is a more reliable option for both bruiser and status builds alike to provide longevity and get the most out of its newfound defensive capabilities (especially against harder-hitting faster Pokemon that require an Agility/Flame Charge or two before getting the full ability's benefit against).

It's a little unfortunate that I couldn't keep Zebstrika as a physical attacker with this concept, but the fact of the matter is that there's no good options for physical STAB (not just on Zebstrika, but on anyone besides Pikachu) and it lacks good coverage outside of it as well. Thunder Cage, Thunderbolt, and Parabolic Charge are just tools too good to pass up for this concept, and the special boost gives it access to much harder-hitting coverage like Overheat (compared to Flame Charge, which is a good utility but bad offensively) or whatever HP it might want to take.
:sm/Mudsdale:
Mega Mudsdale
Mudsdalite

Ability: Simple

Stats:
HP - 100 (+0)
ATK - 140 (+15)
DEF - 110 (+10)
SPA - 90 (+25)
SPD - 110 (+25)
SPE - 60 (+25)

New Moves: Amnesia

Mega Mudsdale has a single duty: ... to complete whatever duty it has set by its trainer. Mega Evolution's source of Pokemon-Trainer bonds draw on Mudsdale's hard-working pride and loyalty, and it becomes completely and utterly dedicated to the job that needs to be done. It will stop at nothing to accomplish the task at hand - a feat enabled by the immense durability granted by Mega Evolution and its ability to ignore and power through anything that would stand its way.
It's no secret that anything with Simple is potentially VERY threatening and scary. However, not only does Simple fit Mudsdale's straightforward, hard working attitude, but it also fits with the way pre-Mega Mudsdale operates, and functions with Mudsdale's kit without breaking it. Important to note is that Mudsdale has no way to boost its offensive stats - in fact, it only has ways to decrease them via Superpower. Instead, Simple grants Mudsdale the capability of being an extremely fast setup tank, made to take blows to the face and keep on chugging to do whatever job it needs to do - whether that's to hit hard or provide utility. It also lacks recovery, meaning that while it can be difficult to take down, damage you deal is permanent and meaningful - even when paired with Wish support, the required switchouts grant the opponent plenty of room to counterplay with hazards, traps, and making the most of the time it takes Mudsdale to build its defenses yet again.

It is important to recognize that Mudsdale does have Body Press, which gives it an outlet to make offensive use of its ability. However, Mudsdale is already pretty well balanced around having reliable and quick ways to bolster Defensive stages and abuse Body Press, so this change will be stronger than before, but not broken and entirely still balanceable if it does turn out to overperform. Special attackers, Ghost and Flying type Pokemon, and Toxic/Burn bots are all effective strategies in taking down a Mega Mudsdale. Special attackers force Mudsdale to use Amnesia, delaying when it wants to build defenses and abusing Body Press. Ghost types are immune to Body Press and Flying types resist it, but are immune to Mudsdale's STAB. Toxic ignores Mudsdale's defenses entirely, and while Burn melts through slower than Toxic, it stunts the Body Press damage significantly while it does so.

All in all I think this is the best way to both differentiate Mega Mudsdale from regular Mudsdale and make them distinct entities while also staying true to the base form and encapsulating its game plan and feel. It also applies Simple in a much more interesting way than the offensive hypercarry enabling it is almost shown to be or suggested as - all while perfectly fitting within Simple's very specific flavor and style.

Hope you enjoyed these enough to vote for 'em, and good luck to all applicants.
And may the odds be ever in your favor.

ItzaDelta

formerly I-Deepblue-I
Okay, first submission, here we go.

1616387747926.png
Mega-Rapidash

Fire/Electric

Ability: Victory Star

Stats:

HP:65
ATK:105 (+5)
DEF:90 (+20)
SPA:130 (+50)
SPD:95 (+15)
SPE:115 (+10)
BST:

New Moves:
-Triple Axel
-Discharge
-Extreme Speed

Description: Pegasus was said to carry Zeus' Thunder during battle, so I did just that and gave it an Electric type.
Jokes aside, Mega-Rapidash would work as a mixed attacker with incredible coverage, it has Fire Blast, Megahorn, High Horsepower, Play Rough and its new moves, Triple Axel and Discharge, most of which are boosted by Victory Star, meaning you can actually use these moves in a more consistent way, and then, it also gets Extreme Speed as an amazing priority move.
Other than that, it's just your standard mega-wallbreaker.

Next up, the mud horse Pokemon

1616421984690.png
Mega-Mudsdale

Ground

Ability: Muddy Guard
Ability Description: Activates Mud Sport after Mega-Evolving or after switching in.
Stats:

HP:100
ATK:128 (+3)
DEF:135 (+35)
SPA:62 (+7)
SPD:120 (+35)
SPE:55 (+20)
BST:600 (+100)

New Moves:
-Heat Crash
-Wide Guard

Mudsdale is pretty interesting as a support Pokemon, since it has a useless ability for itself that can be used to support Electric-weak teammates.
Your game plan with Mudsdale pretty much goes like this: Set up Stealth Rocks, Mega Evolve, then U-Turn into an Electric-weak teammate, start setting up with the boosting move of your choice and go to town.
This strategy can even work with Weakness Policy, if paired up with a teammate like Gyarados, who doesn't mind the Rock weakness as much.
On Doubles, besides its ability, Mudsdale has a bunch of other useful moves for this format, including Rock Slide for damage, Bulldoze for support, Earthquake/High Horsepower as its STAB and the newly added Wide Guard for even more support.

Let's end this with the rudest zebra around

Mega Zebstrika

Electric/Dark

Ability: Adaptability

Stats:

HP:75
ATK:126 (+26)
DEF:100 (+37)
SPA:90 (+10)
SPD:100 (+37)
SPE:106 (+10)
BST:597 (+100)

New Moves:
-Zing Zap
-Thunderous Kick

Description: Zebstrika makes great use of Adaptability by giving a power boost to its mediocre movepool, Zing Zap for STAB, Thunderous Kick for coverage, Sucker Punch for priority and Pursuit to punish switches.

And that's pretty much it folks, best luck to all of you!

Last edited:
:swsh/zebstrika:
:zebstrika:Mega Zebstrika
New Ability
: Immunity

New Stats:
Attack: 100 -> 110 (+10)
Defense: 63 -> 123 (+60)
Special Attack: 80
Special Defense: 63 -> 89 (+26)
Speed: 116 -> 120 (+4)
(BST: 597)

New moves: Refresh, Morning Sun, Sunny Day, Fire Fang
Description:

:swsh/rapidash:
:rapidash:Mega Rapidash
New Ability
: Solid Rock

New Stats:
Attack: 100 -> 120 (+20)
Defense: 70 -> 90 (+20)
Special Attack: 80
Special Defense: 80 -> 90 (+10)
Speed: 105 -> 155 (+50)
(BST: 600)

New moves: Head Smash
Description:

:swsh/mudsdale:
:mudsdale:Mega Mudsdale
New Ability
: Filter
Type: Ground/Steel

New Stats:
HP: 100
Attack: 125 -> 130 (+5)
Defense: 100 -> 140 (+40)
Special Attack: 55
Special Defense: 85 -> 140 (+55)
Speed: 55
(BST: 600)

New moves: Iron Tail, Autotomize, Smart Strike
Description:

Last edited:
500px-750Mudsdale.png

Mega Mudsdale
(Collab with EeveeGirl1380)
Type: Ground
Ability: Solid Rock | Reduces damage from super effective moves by 25%.
New Moves: Sludge Bomb, Work Up, Wide Guard, Helping Hand, Spikes
Stats:
Hp: 100
Atk: 135 (+10)
Def: 135 (+35)
SpA: 105 (+50)
SpD: 95 (+10)
Spe: 30 (-5)
BST: 600 (+100)

So it turned out that EeveeGirl and I had the same (basic) idea for Mega Mudsdale, so we decided to collab on it! If we look at Mudsdale's Pokedex entries, there is a lot of stuff about mud. "It spits a mud that provides resistance to both wind and rain, so the walls of old houses were often coated with it. " "Mud that hardens around a Mudsdale's legs sets harder than stone. It's so hard that it allows this Pokémon to scrap a truck with a single kick." Well, it seems like this mud is very resistant and harder then stone. That's when I deceided to do the ability Solid Rock for Mega Mudsdale. (and Camerupt also has Solid Rock, so this isn't the first time that a non-rock type has been given Solid Rock). Solid Rock allows Mega Mudsdale to be even more of a tank and take hits from the likes of Choice Band Rillaboom - 252+ Atk Choice Band Rillaboom Grassy Glide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Solid Rock Mudsdale in Grassy Terrain: 276-325 (80.9 - 95.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Grassy Terrain recovery - and Ash Greninja! - 252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Solid Rock Mudsdale: 366-432 (90.5 - 106.9%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO - It can make use of Stamina pre-Mega to raise its defense and become a physical tank and also has access to Stealth Rock to set those up. We gave it Sludge Bomb and Work Up with buffed special attack so it can be a mixed attacker and hit grass types (like Rillaboom) after taking a hit. It also got Wide Guard, Helping Hand, and Spikes to have some more utility, being able to support its team in doubles and being able to set up hazards. We lowered its base speed down to 30 so that it can be allowed to use Trick Room well. (most Trick Room users have a base speed of 30 or below). It does have slightly lower special defense, though, and can be worn down due to a lack of reliable recovery. However, it can take a hit or two from most of the physical attackers in the meta and gets access to Body Press, which can deal a lot of damage thanks to an increased defense stat and Stamina pre-mega.
Mega Mudsdale is made to be versatile. Work Up and its high special attack give it the potential to be a strong mixed attacker. With its added ability (Solid Rock) and its enhanced bulk, it could be used as a great defensive wall. With doubles in mind, its added moves Wide Guard and Helping Hand allow it to take on a bulky supportive role. In tandem with its new offensive and defensive capabilities, its low speed stat enables it to synergize well with Trick Room teams. The addition of Sludge Bomb for special coverage would also make it harder for strong/bulky grass types to switch into it. :Rillaboom::Tangrowth::Tapu Bulu:
As Mudsdale mega evolves, the hardened mud surrounding its hooves, hair, and tail entrap more of its body. This has had a great toll on its approach to work and battling. The weight of the mud on its body has made it slower while allowing it to gain more strength and stamina. With its slower speed and heightened strength and stamina, Mega Mudsdale is often found hauling large packages that weigh over 30 tons non-stop for a week. While Mudsdale is known to be a great support to its trainer and other Pokémon, No matter what kind of trouble it's in, it only relies on itself to complete its work. This amount of resilience and unmatched tranquility tends to leave it in a meditative-like state while working. With mega energy, it has harnessed these qualities to strengthen its special attack.

- While it is not swift, it has excellent stamina and can continue on for three days and three nights while dragging over 10 tons.
- Mudsdale is known for both its powerful body and emotional fortitude, which prevents it from becoming agitated.
- Regardless of the trouble it is in, it will never cry out and defeats opponents with a single blow.
- It remains calm and unmoving no matter the situation.
- Mud that hardens around a Mudsdale's legs sets harder than stone.

Last edited:
:swsh/rapidash:
Rapidash-Mega
Fire/Water
Steam Spreader- All of this pokemons moves are spread moves but their power is reduced by 35% instead of 25% (does not apply to already spread moves or status moves)
Hp- 65
Atk- 120 (+20)
Defense- 90 (+20)

Sp. Atk- 120 (+40)
Sp. Def- 90 (+10)
Speed- 115 (+10)

New Moves: Waterfall, Dive, Aqua Jet, Surf, Steam Eruption

Flavor: Seahorse duh
Pokedex: While many esteemed professes assumed when rapidash would mega evolved it would become a Pegasus/flying type pokemon but it seems when Gym Leader Wallace got his hands on a rapidash, the two became connected very fast and so it seems rapidash wanted to help Wallace's team out and suited his needs by adapting to the water.

:swsh/zebstrika:
Zebstika-Mega
Phaethon - This pokemon draws the carriage of the dawn goddess. (Ghost type -ate)
Electric/Ghost

Hp- 75
Attack- 120 (+20)
Defense- 83 (+20)

Sp.Atk- 100 (+20)
Sp.Def -93 (+30)
Speed- 126 (+10)

Flavor: I wanted to make another mon based off of greek mythology and I decided that I would choose Phaethon because it draws the carriage of Eos, dawn goddes. also I wanted another ghost electric type

Mudsdale-Mega
Scary Monsters- This pokemon goes between a "dinosaur form" and normal form at will (When dragon rush is used this pokemon will switch into it's "dinosaur form")

Normal form -
Ground Hp-
100 Attack- 130 (+5)
Def- 120 (+20)
Sp. Atk- 60 (+5)
Sp. Def- 125 (+40)
Speed- 65 (+30)

"Dinosaur" Form-
Ground/Dragon
Hp-100 Attack
170 (+45)
Defense- 85 (-15)
Sp. Atk- 85 (+30)
Sp. Def- 85
Speed- 75 (+40)

New Moves: Dragon Rush, Dragon Tail,

Flavor: Ok, I admit this is a JoJo reference. But I think it just kinda works with mudstale.

Screen Shot 2021-03-22 at 2.02.15 PM.png
Not that I'm anybody important on this thread, but I do love working on formatting things to make this much easier to understand for newer players. However, while compiling a list of custom megas by stat totals, I noticed something interesting. We have multiple pokemon with a physical attack stat of 190, while we have none of this caliber on the special attacking side (not that we need more busted special attackers, just pointing something out). What I do think we should change is the dominance of physical attackers among the new megas. As you can see in my spreadsheet, we have 29 pokemon with 140 or higher attack, more than any other stat by far. While this may just be because we have had more physical mons in the slate, I think it's something we should pay attention to. We don't want the meta to be overrun with physical attacking powerhouses. Anyways, those are just my thoughts. Spreadsheet is viewable at this link.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)