SM OU Mega Venusaur + SpD Heatran

The best UU mon that is in OU for some reason

• Gliscor (Toxic Orb + Toxic Heal)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Metagross (Agility)

• Nihilego (Rocks)

• Primarina (Special Defence Wall / Specs)

• Togekiss (Serence Grace)

• Starmie (Special Attacker)

• Mega Gardevoir (Pixilate / Taunt)

• Hippowdon (Sand Stream Defensive Wall)

• Total voters
Hey guys, back with another creative team. I've been messing with this team for weeks and i've decided to post it onto the SM OU teams to get other people's opinions to make this team better. I hope you like it, and leave any suggestions that might help me below.

(Ash)

THE TEAM:
Mega Venusaur - Main Wall
I haven't seen MSaur much on competitive battling, and i just think MSaur is a great mon. With the ability to wall against nearly all of the tapus and OHKO them with sludge bomb, the ability to have Thick Fat which halves nearly all of MSaur's weaknesses damage, and more. Mega Venusaur is just a perfect wall to have on your team and that's why i built around MSaur.

Heatran - Other Wall
Heatran is a really good coverage to have with Venusaur. Heatran takes advantage of the switch-in against fire types due to its Flash Fire ability and then use that opportunity to Toxic. Heatran is also my stall breaker with taunt and the ability to break most walls in the metagame due to most of them being steel-flying types. However Heatran cannot break Toxapex and other stuff like that so that's MSaur's job. Heatran's other job is to lure water types in and let Kartana in to set up while the opposing mon switches.

Greninja-Ash - Non-set-up Sweeper
Ash Greninja is a great team member with the immunity to Psychic types that really kill Venusaur. Specs on Greninja makes it a DESTROYER and turn into the even more powerful Ash Greninja after it KOes something. The main thing to do with Greninja is to make it KO a mon as soon as possible so that it can sweep even better after wards.

Kartana - Other Sweeper
Kartana is overall a HUGE threat to the metagame with the ability to sweep teams and break mons that even resist it! Kartana's job is to set up on the weaker opponent (like Water types) and sweep with the remaining 3 moves. Night Slash is to kill the unaware psychic types and Darkium Z is to lure Zapdos in and KO it with Darkium Z. Kartana's ability beast boost makes it even better!

Tyranitar - Banded Pursuit Trapper
Tyranitar is the main Psychic killer because it has the immunity to Psychic and STAB Choice Band boosted Pursuit which kills Psychic threats for MSaur to come in safely. The other 3 moves depend on what you wanna kill. But the main moves are Crunch and Pursuit. Its all about predicting on Ttar, because you have to think if the opponent has Focus Blast or something or they're gonna switch.

Latios - Hazard Remover / Revenge Killer
Scarf Latios really outspeed most of the threats in the game. STAB Draco Meteor revenge kills dragons and others, while Psyshock kills stuff with low defence. Latios has been on nearly all of my teams as this role and i really liked Latios.

THREATS:
1. Kartana. If Kartana sets up first before my own Kartana does, you are pretty much dead. Full Heatran deals with normal Kartana's Sacred Sword but +2 will definitely OHKO Heatran. After that, Greninja Ash gets killed by Sacred Sword, Mega Venusaur gets 2HKOed by Smart Strike (that is why i put HP fire on MSaur), Tyranitar Sacred Sword, Latios Night Slash (possibly), and its gonna be 6-0.

2. Z-Celebrate Victini
Once Victini gets a Z-Celebrate in. RIP! Z-Celebrate Victini destroys MSaur by Searing Fire, Heatran by Focus Blast, Greninja by Focus Blast (and it outspeeds it as well), Kartana by Searing Fire, Tyranitar by Focus Blast, and Latios is the only one resisting Victini.

DA TEAM
https://pokepast.es/d4a9e8ac204c67db

Ok hey there.
So Jay. Your team has great potential. But, How do you deal with every relevant ground type? You have no switchins.
Where’s your stealth rock setter? Stealth rocks are a nessicity and you are at a huge disadvantage if you don’t use them.
So first, I don’t really understand the point of tyranitar on the team. In fact it’s more of a hinderince because it invites the informentioned ground types and weakens your venusaurs recovery. You already have a psychic killer with ash greninja. So I would change it to defensive Landorus therian. You can find the set on the analysis. This gives you a ground switchin, and a rocker.
Next I would replace extra sensory on ash greninja to spikes. Spikes are absolutely amazing right now mand kartana and heatran REALLY appreciate spikes amplifying their wallbreaking and their ability to force switches.
Now, we need to fix your Venusuar and Heatran set. Heatran generally loves magma storm as this is what makes heatran so hard to switchin to without losing momentum. I know you hate it’s accuracy, but the risk is worth it. Then, change your heatran set to max speed as well as 212 health Evs, then put the rest in defense. Though heatran is not that fast, it does allow him to outspeed erything up to max speed 80s and up, which he really appreciates.
Next, venusuar needs either earthquake or hp fire to be replaced with synthesis, otherwise he does way too fast, especially with entry hazards. Preferably Earthquake, as your team is more weak to heatran. Next change the ev spread to a more defensive ev spread found on the analysis as venusaur needs all the durability it can get.
Edit: BTW, all the Pokémon in the survey except for hippiedom, Volcanion, and mantine are terrible and mostly unviable.

Last edited:
Ok hey there.
So Jay. Your team has great potential. But, How do you deal with every relevant ground type? You have no switchins.
Where’s your stealth rock setter? Stealth rocks are a nessicity and you are at a huge disadvantage if you don’t use them.
So first, I don’t really understand the point of tyranitar on the team. In fact it’s more of a hinderince because it invites the informentioned ground types and weakens your venusaurs recovery. You already have a psychic killer with ash greninja. So I would change it to defensive Landorus therian. You can find the set on the analysis. This gives you a ground switchin, and a rocker.
Next I would replace extra sensory on ash greninja to spikes. Spikes are absolutely amazing right now mand kartana and heatran REALLY appreciate spikes amplifying their wallbreaking and their ability to force switches.
Now, we need to fix your Venusuar and Heatran set. Heatran generally loves magma storm as this is what makes heatran so hard to switchin to without losing momentum. I know you hate it’s accuracy, but the risk is worth it. Then, change your heatran set to max speed as well as 212 health Evs, then put the rest in defense. Though heatran is not that fast, it does allow him to outspeed erything up to max speed 80s and up, which he really appreciates.
Next, venusuar needs either earthquake or hp fire to be replaced with synthesis, otherwise he does way too fast, especially with entry hazards. Preferably Earthquake, as your team is more weak to heatran. Next change the ev spread to a more defensive ev spread found on the analysis as venusaur needs all the durability it can get.
Edit: BTW, all the Pokémon in the survey except for hippiedom, Volcanion, and mantine are terrible and mostly unviable.
Hey Shadow, i appreciate your suggestions and i will add them to my team. What i don't understand is that why replace Magma Storm with Lava Plume? Lava Plume has more accuracy and has more chance of burning the opponent instead of trapping them. Earth power is great for dealing with other Heatrans, Taunt for other walls, and Toxic for what toxic does. I think you'll need more persuasion to persuade me to replace Magma Storm on Heatran with anything. Secondly, how the hell will i deal with Skarmory, Celesteela, and Ferrothorn without HP fire on Venusaur? HP Fire is also recommended in the smogon analysis as well. As you know, Kartana is a big threat to this team if it sets up. And Kartana's Smart Strike 2HKOes MSaur and MSaur's HP Fire ohkoes it. So how will i deal with a +2 Kartana? And Earthquake is another great move to get rid of threats like Magearna. Even though Heatran already does that, its great for Venusaur to have more coverage against others. And now lets talk about the ground weakness. Only Heatran and Ttar are weak to ground. Venusaur can Giga Drain most ground types, Latios has LEVITATE, and Kartana has great defence and is not weak to ground.
BTW, i have seen some pretty good sets with Volcanion, and mantine is most terrible and unviable? R u kidding me? Mantine is a geat defogger on all teams if they hate Scarf Latios or something.
I will try out your suggestions tho.
Thx

Hey Shadow, i appreciate your suggestions and i will add them to my team. What i don't understand is that why replace Magma Storm with Lava Plume? Lava Plume has more accuracy and has more chance of burning the opponent instead of trapping them. Earth power is great for dealing with other Heatrans, Taunt for other walls, and Toxic for what toxic does. I think you'll need more persuasion to persuade me to replace Magma Storm on Heatran with anything. Secondly, how the hell will i deal with Skarmory, Celesteela, and Ferrothorn without HP fire on Venusaur? HP Fire is also recommended in the smogon analysis as well. As you know, Kartana is a big threat to this team if it sets up. And Kartana's Smart Strike 2HKOes MSaur and MSaur's HP Fire ohkoes it. So how will i deal with a +2 Kartana? And Earthquake is another great move to get rid of threats like Magearna. Even though Heatran already does that, its great for Venusaur to have more coverage against others. And now lets talk about the ground weakness. Only Heatran and Ttar are weak to ground. Venusaur can Giga Drain most ground types, Latios has LEVITATE, and Kartana has great defence and is not weak to ground.
BTW, i have seen some pretty good sets with Volcanion, and mantine is most terrible and unviable? R u kidding me? Mantine is a geat defogger on all teams if they hate Scarf Latios or something.
I will try out your suggestions tho.
Thx
Magma storm is amazing on heatran because it’s trapping effect makes heatran ridiculously hard to switch in to. Bulky waters get tainted and toxiced, and they slowly died and there is nothing they can do about it. Magma storms chip damage also stack so pretty well with entry hazards and because of its trapping effect, if they go into a non that threatens heatran, you can switch out, but the opponent can’t, which gives you a lot of momentum.
You can afford to drop hp fire because you have a heatran to deal with steels and a ash greninja to revenge kill kartana.
Latios does have levitate, but it’s still not a good switch in becuase all ground types still have a way around it. Garchomp has outrage, Landorus has conteninetial crush or super sonic sky strike, and Zygardes thousand arrows ignores levitate. Kartana is also not a good switchin, as offensive ground types 2hko kartana regardless of its good defense, mainly because of its garbage hp.
I said that Mantine, Volcanion, and Hippowdon were exceptions to the survey. They are pretty good and have admirable niches that means they can fit into a number of serious, viable teams. Mons like mega beedrill, not so much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)