SM OU Mega Venusaur Balance Team

Scarf Kartana or Scarf Landorus (for this team)

• Landorus

• Kartana

• I don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hi! This is my first RMT so please don't flame me too hard. Anyways Mega Venusaur has been one of my favorite megas for the longest time. So I decided to handcraft a team based around it. Here we go!

venusaurpicture.jpg

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Toxic

The team's mega and one of my favorites as mentioned. It is our physically defensive wall. She's there to mainly sponge hits force switches and help capitalize by poisoning what she can and checking threats like no Ice Beam Ash Greninja, Landorus, and Kartana. Giga Drain and Sludge Bomb as obvious STAB. Synthesis as reliable healing and I chose Toxic over Growth to help pressure switches.

kartana.png

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword

Kartana, although being another fire weakness, was a way to somewhat check Lele which would've been a problem for Venusaur. He is our physical revenge killer and ( so far) has gotten me comebacks by just revenge killing. He's so fast and strong and seemed to synergize with the team I added him. Knock Off is always good on any mon. Leaf Blade and Smart Strike for STAB, and Sacred Sword for power and coverage.

6060-Shiny-Tornadus-Therian.png

Tornadus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Lonely Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Defog
- U-turn

Tornadus when I added him seemed to round out the team. He was going to be able to soak up fire and grass hits meant for my Kartana and Greninja in case Venusaur went down. He also is great bulky support. He can keep momentum by U turning. Hurricane is for STAB, Knock Off to help against Chansey and Clefable, and we needed a hazard removal so he is our defogger.
thV5HET327.jpg

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Iron Head
Jirachi is one of, if not, my favorite mythical. She also supported the Ice, and Rock weakness of Tornadus. She is our specially defensive wall. She also provides speed control, hazards, and Wish healing. We didn't have hazards so I put Stealth Rock on it. WIsh is in case one of our essential sweepers got in a clash and was low or if Venusaur needs healing but can't live something twice to Synthesis. Thunder Wave also is for speed control and ways to allow setups and healing to other members. Iron Head is for STAB.

806.png

Blacephalon @ Firium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball

Blacephalon has always terrified me in this meta. He is extremely fast and hits extremely hard. He brings a fighting immunity which our other sweepers would struggle with. Blacephalon is our special sweeper. His main job is to come in on something he walls or is choiced and setup and dish out a lot of damage. Calm Mind is to help setup and make his attacks and defenses strong(mainly attack though), Substitute is for getting a free setup or attack on an opponent as it pairs very nicely with Calm Mind and helps add to his lethalness. Flamethrower over Fire Blast because I have the worst luck with it and Shadow Ball both for STAB.
AshGre_grande.png

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Water Shuriken

Ash-Greninja seemed to fit really well. Most of his weakness having resistances(Electric, Bug, Grass, and Fighting) To make it a balance we would've needed one more sweeper, so the amphibious warrior stands on our side. He is a another special revenge killer. He could possibly be a lead since I can pressure with U-turn and kill a lot of things. I also wanted water coverage. Dark Pulse and Water Shuriken are for STAB(plus Water Shuriken gets boost), U-turn is for keeping momentum and helping safely punish switches. Ice Beam is for Lando-Therian( We do outspeed with Battle Bond, but not without sadly).

That's all! Feel free to comment and help shape my team for the better. Thank you for your time!

Might want to use a check for Heatran, as your team's only ways to hit it effectively are Ash-Gren and Kart's Sacred Sword...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)