Mega REvolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
thdhted 's post inspired me to try to find a good defensive pivot to use parting shot on, but Pangoro's movepool is so shit that it's practically impossible to find anything useable for it ;-;

This is the best I could make of Pangoro

Pangoro @ Pinsirite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Parting Shot

Mega Pinsir gains some decent bulk, which combined with its high base defense makes it much harder to revenge kill. Pinsir's sheer amount of damage and set up potential forces a lot of switches, so parting shot is a good move to use to gain momentum and gain hazard damage on your opponent.

You can do the exact same set with Gliscor using U-Turn over Parting Shot. I was just trying to make use of Pangoro ;-;

Parting shot does have some pros over U-Turn though, mainly that you don't rack up contact damage (from, say, a rock helm skarm), and you make it easier for your switchin to deal with the opponent's switch in (which forces another switch o.o). It also makes it easier on you if the opponent doesn't switch and instead you have to take an attack.

thdhted 's post inspired me to try to find a good defensive pivot to use parting shot on, but Pangoro's movepool is so shit that it's practically impossible to find anything useable for it ;-;

Pangoro @ Pinsirite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Parting Shot

Mega Pinsir gains some decent bulk, which combined with its high base defense makes it much harder to revenge kill. Pinsir's sheer amount of damage and set up potential forces a lot of switches, so parting shot is a good move to use to gain momentum and gain hazard damage on your opponent.

You can do the exact same set with Gliscor using U-Turn over Parting Shot. I was just trying to make use of Pangoro ;-;

Parting shot does have some pros over U-Turn though, mainly that you don't rack up contact damage (from, say, a rock helm skarm), and you make it easier for your switchin to deal with the opponent's switch in (which forces another switch o.o). It also makes it easier on you if the opponent doesn't switch and instead you have to take an attack.
Actually pangoro does NOT have that bad of a movepool anymore.
It now has the elemental punches, drain punch, gunk shot, and knock off.

Pangoro @ Pinsirite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Parting Shot

The only reason Parting Shot was overlooked was its distribution and Pangoro's Speed. Now it's one of the best Status moves to use on Defensive Megas.

Pangoro @ Bannetite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Def+ Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off
- Destiny Bond
- Parting Shot

Put that next to an intimidate mon/Skarmory and you're popping the parties of ~75% of Physically Offensive Mons.

Of course, get those two along with Chansey/Blissey and you have a neat little defensive core.

The only reason Parting Shot was overlooked was its distribution and Pangoro's Speed. Now it's one of the best Status moves to use on Defensive Megas.

Pangoro @ Bannetite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Def+ Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off
- Destiny Bond
- Parting Shot

Put that next to an intimidate mon/Skarmory and you're popping the parties of ~75% of Physically Offensive Mons.

Of course, get those two along with Chansey/Blissey and you have a neat little defensive core.
You can only use moves that are learned by Pangoro, so Will-o-Wisp and Destiny Bond are not there.
Good Megas that can capitalize of Parting Shot and Pangoro's extensive movepool are Aerodactyl, Lopunny, Metagross, Garchomp, Altaria and probably more that I'm missing right now.

I think I got the hang of this! :D
Castform @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Forecast ---> No Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid/Modest
Move 1: Fire Blast/Hurricane/Thunder/Blizzard/Hydro Pump
Move 2: Fire Blast/Hurricane/Thunder/Blizzard/Hydro Pump
Move 3: Fire Blast/Hurricane/Thunder/Blizzard/Hydro Pump
Move 4: Fire Blast/Hurricane/Thunder/Blizzard/Hydro Pump
Did you NOT see this coming? XD
Showdown doesn't know how to ORAS, but Castform CAN learn Hurricane! >:C
Well, the set explains it. Abuse No Guard with high-power moves.

OR

Dragonite @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Multiscale ---> No Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid/Modest
Move 1: Fire Blast/Hurricane/Thunder/Blizzard/Focus Blast
Move 2: Fire Blast/Hurricane/Thunder/Blizzard/Focus Blast
Move 3: Fire Blast/Hurricane/Thunder/Blizzard/Focus Blast
Move 4 :Fire Blast/Hurricane/Thunder/Blizzard/Focus Blast
Same thing as up there, but D-Nite has better stats!

EDIT:

Scizor-M with Sucker Punch! :DD

Toxicroak (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Poison Touch ---> Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- X-Scissor
- Sucker Punch
- Bullet Punch
- Fake Out
I'm not sure if this would even be used by people other than me.

Last edited:
Dragonite-->Pidgeot
Hurricane
Fire Blast
Focus Blast
Thunder/Blizzard/Sub/Roost/Agility filler
lol greninjaskazamedichamd

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
Scrafty @ Medichamite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- High Jump Kick / Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab

WEEEEEEEEEEE RIP STALL

on second though this has MASSIVE 4MSS because if you're lacking ice punch you're walled by Landorus-T, if you're lacking Knock Off you're walled by pretty much all of cham's classic counters (bulky psychic types), if you're lacking Thunder Punch, you're walled by physically defensive gyarados and if you lack set up again most of cham's classic counters should work.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Entei.

Entei @ Pinsirite
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Sacred Fire
- Facade
- Substitute/Will-O-Wisp

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
I'm surprised nobody mentioned Entei.

Entei @ Pinsirite
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Sacred Fire
- Facade
- Substitute/Will-O-Wisp
Except that you cant use an -ate mon.

Entei, besides eruption, sacred fire, wisp, and speed, has a really shitty movepool.

Oh boy, new rules in place. By the way, what about Shell Smashers + Medichamite? Surely, that must require a ban, or testing at best.

I don't think anyone would appreciate having a +2 Base 100 Huge Power (ab)user lurking around.

One more important thing in how useful Switcheroo/Trick/Knock Off will be in the meta.

Oh boy, new rules in place. By the way, what about Shell Smashers + Medichamite? Surely, that must require a ban, or testing at best.

I don't think anyone would appreciate having a +2 Base 100 Huge Power (ab)user lurking around.

One more important thing in how useful Switcheroo/Trick/Knock Off will be in the meta.
They don't remove mega stones

Oh boy, new rules in place. By the way, what about Shell Smashers + Medichamite?
I don't think anyone would appreciate having a +2 Base 100 Huge Power (ab)user lurking around
STAB is important tho. Do any shellsmashers learn high base powered fighting typed attacks and/or decent priority?
Ooohhh wait
Barbacle w/medichampite
- Cross chop
- Stone edge
- Filler
- Shell smash
...Yep that looks broken. Does barbacle get dark/ghost attacks?

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
STAB is important tho. Do any shellsmashers learn high base powered fighting typed attacks and/or decent priority?
Ooohhh wait
Barbacle w/medichampite
- Cross chop
- Stone edge
- Filler
- Shell smash
...Yep that looks broken. Does barbacle get dark/ghost attacks?
Lucario @ Medichamite / Lopunnite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat / Drain Punch
- Crunch / Drain Punch

rip meta

Drowzee @ Medichamite
Ability: Broken
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Zen Headbutt
- Brick Break Drain Punch
- Elemental Punch

Bro do you even Calc?

Last edited:

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
Drowzee @ Medichamite
Ability: Broken
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Zen Headbutt
- Brick Break
- Elemental Punch

Bro do you even Calc?
252 Atk Pure Power Medicham Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 127-151 (32.2 - 38.3%) -- 1.5% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Yeh I calc m8 ;)

EV

Banned deucer.

The -ate mega rule has been in place since the very beginning. It is not new.
So, Illegal combinations can lose their stones? That's what I get from that sentence.
Illegal combinations should return an error on the simulator. So if you give Blissey a mega stone or if you give Mew an Altarianite for example, it should prevent the battle. Legal combinations retain their stones just like standard megas do normally.

252 Atk Pure Power Medicham Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 127-151 (32.2 - 38.3%) -- 1.5% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Yeh I calc m8 ;)
I don't think Quagsire will find a good place in a meta with so much more defensive replacements, but yeah I get the joke.

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
I don't think Quagsire will find a good place in a meta with so much more defensive replacements, but yeah I get the joke.
Actually I think quite contrary (no pun intended).

Quagsire will probably have a much bigger role than normally because of the huge amount of opporunity for setup sweepers in this meta, which is kind of why I brought up quag in the first place.

Speaking of contrary I wonder if there's any practical way to use it...

canno

formerly The Reptile
Actually I think quite contrary (no pun intended).

Quagsire will probably have a much bigger role than normally because of the huge amount of opporunity for setup sweepers in this meta, which is kind of why I brought up quag in the first place.

Speaking of contrary I wonder if there's any practical way to use it...
DONT FUCKLE WITH SLOWBRO

DONT FUCKLE (Shuckle) @ Slowbronite
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Shell Smash
- Rest
- Toxic
- Earth Power

please don't actually use this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)