SS OU Meet The Bloop Company (Calm Mind Clef/Hex Dragapult balance)

Micheal Bloop would like to introduce you to his family!

I’ve been lagging behind a little this generation but I’ve finally come up with an OU team that I think is really solid. I could use some help and feedback though

I wanted to build a balanced team with one of my favorite Pokémon, Calm Mind Clef, as my wincon. Without further ado meet the team!

1600158302741.png1600159022640.png1600159824241.png
1600160085180.png1600160616131.png1600161209874.png

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/b5c1a3d3063d6c17

1600158302741.png

Michael Bloop (Clefable) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunderbolt

Bloop the Clefable is what started this team. I wanted to make a team centered around Calm Mind Clefable as my wincon. As we all know Clefable is an incredible Pokémon. After two or three Calm Minds this Clef is very hard to stop. I EVd Clefable physically bulky with Magic Guard so status doesn’t stop Bloop’s sweep. Bloop is holding a life orb to increase damage output. I’ve actually been thinking about changing to unaware to go up against other set up sweepers (Pex has haze for tha tho). Bloop is running Moonblast as its STAB and thunderbolt to hit Pex, Corvi, Skarmory, etc... It’s more useful than flamethrower in this Pex heavy meta imo. Soft boiled is to heal up. Clef is also my main Urshifu switch in so soft boiled helps heal off the chip damage takes while acting as a pivot.The rest is the team is here to support Bloop

1600159022640.png

Casper (Dragapult) (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 64 Atk / 188 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Hex
- Thunder Wave
- Dragon Darts
- U-turn

Casper is a friendly ghost that functions as an offensive pivot to help out Clef and the rest of my team. Pult’s job on this team is to act as an offensive pivot, paralyze targets to act as speed control and make it easier for Clef to sweep, and weaken the opposing team. Casper creates a lot of momentum and with U-Turn, and Twave cripples a lot of switch ins. Casper also runs Hex for good damage on statused opponents and Dragon Darts hits special walls that would otherwise wall Casper. I’m running Heavy-Duty Boots on Pult because it Casper switches in a lot and it can’t handle being chipped by rocks and spikes. Pult checks and soft checks a variety of threats and annoys the other team with chip damage and status. Pokémon like Urshifu, Rillaboom, Volcorona, and other dangerous Pokémon have to think twice before switching into Pult because none of them want to be paralyzed. It really helps my matchup against offense

1600159824241.png

Miley Mole (Excadrill) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

Miley Mole is my Stealth Rocker and my main check to opposing fairy types such as Clefable, Togekiss, and Hatterene. I EVd my Drill specially bulky to take a hit or two from fairy types who are generally special attackers and to get rocks up multiple times throughout the match. Leftovers adds to Miley’s longevity. Drill is running Iron Head to obviously deal with fairies and earthquake so the Rotom forms and other ground weak Pokémon are scarred to switch into Miley

1600160085180.png

Dome Gnome (Toxapex) (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Haze

Done Gnome is my main defensive pivot and check to a ton of attackers. We all know exactly what Toxapex does. It walls everything under the sun (except Charizard lol....bad jokes). It’s a standard defense Pex set. Gnome is running Black Sludge for recovery. Pex is also running recover for longevity. Pex is running Scald and Knock Off as it’s attacks to annoy the opposing team. It’s also my main check to set up sweepers such as Volcorona with haze. As we all know Pex is a fantastic Pokémon and it does it’s job very well

1600160616131.png

Mrs. Miyagi (Urshifu) (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wicked Blow
- Sucker Punch
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Mrs. Miyagi the Urshifu is an absolute menace of a Pokémon. Urshifu’s role on this team is to punch holes in teams. She really helps my matchup against stall and deals with all of the steel and ghost types running around the meta. There’s not much to say about Urshifu that we all don’t already know. It’s a phenomenal Pokémon and does it’s job very well on my team. It creates a ton of 50/50s and pokes holes in teams for Clef to clean up later. Urshifu is running a Choice Band with max speed and attack to do as much damage as possible. Wicked Blow is there to abuse and click. Sucker punch is for faster Pokémon. Close Combat is there for steel types and other fighting weak Pokémon. U-turn is there to scout and create a U-Turn core with Pult and Mandibuzz

1600161209874.png

Ugli (Mandibuzz) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 44 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Ugli’s job on this team is as a defensive pivot and a defogger. I EVd Ugli to be physically bulky to check Pokémon like Excadrill and Rillaboom. This team slot was originally Rotom-Heat but my team was weak to opposing Excadrill and other ground types so I switched to Mandibuzz. Ugli is wearing Heavy-Duty Boots to come in and defog and pivot multiple times throughout the match. Foul Play is to hit Pokémon such as the already mentioned Excadrill and Rillaboom. Roost is for longevity. Defog is there to keep my side of the field hazard free. U-turn is for pivoting and momentum. I really like Mandibuzz on this team over Rotom-Heat

Threats to the team:
-Primarina can be a huge problem for this team and I have to out calm mind it with clef to beat it
-Zerora and other strong electric types can be a threat to this team. Especially Zera because it outspeeds my whole team and can’t be twaved. Again clef or sucker punch Urshifu are my ways of dealing with it
- Strong grass type walls can give me issues if Urshifu is down
-Weather can be a problem because I don’t have a scarfer on my team for speed control

Thanks for reading! I really appreciate it! Any help and rates would be greatly appreciated. This is the first team I’ve built this gen that I think has some potential so I’d love to optimize it!

Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/b5c1a3d3063d6c17

Last edited:

tears

Talking to me like they were they realist out
Hey, thought I'd swing by and give the team a rate!

:Toxapex: --> :Amoonguss:
Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Clear Smog
Since the team struggled with Zeraora and Primarina, I figured it would be best to put Amoonguss on over Toxapex. It helps out Dragapult late game by threatening sleep with spore and synergises well with Clefable and the next mon up.

:Mandibuzz: --> :Mantine:
Mantine @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog
- Haze
Removing pex gave the team a huge weakness to Volcarona and Sun in general. While not an OU staple by any means, it's niche in OU fits perfectly for this team as it is able to switch in on many fire types and other threatening mons such as SD Excadrill. This set avoids the 2hko from weather ball from Specs Charizard in sun and avoids the 2hko from +2 sand rush Excadrill iron head.

:Excadrill:
Excadrill @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
I made the SpDef Excadrill max speed to help with things such as Rotom-Heat and outspeeding Modest Kyurem, both being pretty annoying to the team.

Here's the updated version of the team - https://pokepast.es/ed73ecb3bbe4bb0f

That's all I've got, hope this helped!

Hey, thought I'd swing by and give the team a rate!

:Toxapex: --> :Amoonguss:
Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Clear Smog
Since the team struggled with Zeraora and Primarina, I figured it would be best to put Amoonguss on over Toxapex. It helps out Dragapult late game by threatening sleep with spore and synergises well with Clefable and the next mon up.

:Mandibuzz: --> :Mantine:
Mantine @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog
- Haze
Removing pex gave the team a huge weakness to Volcarona and Sun in general. While not an OU staple by any means, it's niche in OU fits perfectly for this team as it is able to switch in on many fire types and other threatening mons such as SD Excadrill. This set avoids the 2hko from weather ball from Specs Charizard in sun and avoids the 2hko from +2 sand rush Excadrill iron head.

:Excadrill:
Excadrill @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
I made the SpDef Excadrill max speed to help with things such as Rotom-Heat and outspeeding Modest Kyurem, both being pretty annoying to the team.

Here's the updated version of the team - https://pokepast.es/ed73ecb3bbe4bb0f

That's all I've got, hope this helped!
Hey thanks a lot! I’m gonna try the changes out rn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)