Meet Gamefreaks ugliest invention...

So this is my 2nd RMT, and it's much more weird, especially the team is. It
was supposed to be a fun-team, but it gave me a 10-1 streak on my PW
account, which I made for testing this team, and I got it to a pretty poor rating of 1250 in 30 minutes...
This really surprised me, because I didn't expected my main
sweeper to do anything... now he wrecks havoc.
Introduction

Have you ever been really frightened? No? This changes when you see my
last pokemon entering the field. Many ppl just run away when seeing him.
He's one of the most huge, ugly, evil and fearsome monsters Gamefreak
ever created. I can't believe pokemon is for children, just because of this
awesome pokemon. Over the years he never got his needed attention,
hopefully this changes. You ask who he is? Meet...

Nintendo gave Pika his own item, the Light Ball, which doubles both of his
attacking stats. So his attack reaches 366, while his SpAtt reaches 324.
Comparison: Jolly Garchomp has 359 attack... He is hard to counter, but
he's very very fragile. Compared to him, I'd call Shedinja a sturdy wall.
Another problem is his only mediocre speed, which areeaches a good stat of
306, which is faster than Lucario and most Mences, but not fast enough to
beat stuff as Skymin. Also he has a problem without a Sub, because then
he is screwed by the next priority move. Also, a Pikachu behind a Sub
means gg pretty often.
Against those concerns, I used a team with some paralysers, I added a
revenge killer, a wallbreaker against Cresselia etc. and some viable walls to
get some damage on every poke before Pika gets in. The paralysers ensure
that Pika is faster than my opponents and give me a good chance to set up
a Sub while they lose to paraflinch. The revenge killer is because Scarftran
is on every team, the walls, so I don't get screwed by Scizor when he gets
an SD.
There is btw NOTHING that is more fun in Pokemon as a Pikachu sweep,
just believe me. So...

Overview

The team in detail:

@ Lum Berry
Ability: Trace
EVs: 240 HP/140 Def/130 SDef
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover

My favorite Platinum-Lead. Probabl the best Salamence counter you can find at moment ;) Beats most leads one on one. Azelf will get paralysed or crippled and booms in to Tran, Gengar won't OHKO with LO'ed Focus Blast and sleep is prevented by Lum Berry. And a paralysed Gengar loses to Pika. Yanmega get's paralysed, as well as Gyarados. Bronzong/Uxie etc are main problems of this guy, but I can handle 'em with Zapdos. BoltBeam is for nearly unresisted coverage and the best way of owning most opponents. Recover is the recovery, which is important for most tanks.
He supports Pikachu by paralysing opponents and being a sturdy bastard who can do some damage. He deals as my Heatran counter, which is pretty necessary with all the Scarftrans around...

@ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/220 Def/36 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Stealth Rocks
- Grass Knot
- Thunder Wave
- Recover

Part one of the oh-so-awesome CeleTran combination. Rocks, paralyses and tanks around. She makes a good switch-in into Swampert, who would totally own me otherwise... But she's not needed. Any idea what to put over him??? Well, I need Rocks to take out Skymin, Scizor etc more effectively, TWave is neccessary for Pikachu's Subs, GrassKnot is for STAB and defeating bulky waters not called Vaporeon. Recover... look above ...

(the arkeis-sprite bores me xD)
@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Overheat
- Earth Power
- Explosion

Why should I explain Scarftran? It's so obvious what he's doing... Revengekills everything not called Gyarados or Salamence, hi Gon2. He's needed to take out some major threats for Pika, such as Scizor, Lucario, Infernape and Skymin. Overheat is because I'm running afer using it anyway, maybe I use FThrower over it, FBlast's power is just not needed. With it huge amount of resistances, Heatran should've no problems with switching in and do at least something.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/176 Spd/82 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Heat Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Zapdos is awesome. Takes status, counters Lucario, Scizor and Skymin. No paralyse this time xD Scizor and Lucario are dead twice this way, so they really can't touch Pikachu hopefully. The EVs are for outspeeding adamant Luce's and OHKO them with Heat Wave, TBolt is for STAB of course and RestTalk is nothing I gotta explain.

@ Chesto Berry
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 HP/72 Atk/34 Def/56 Spd/96 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Waterfall
- Rest

Kingdra!!!11 The Chesto-Rest set, invented by somebody (lol, can't remember his name...). With his one weakness, which is taken care of by an own Outrage and his 4x Fire and Water resistances this guy is switched in so easily and ready to dent everything. Status? Who cares ... Waterfall + Outrage is a nearly unresisted type-combination and backed up with STAB, this hurts. His defenses are good enough to take nearly everything in OU and to strike back hard, if I'm not faster for an odd reason. The EV's are my own, and they all do something... but I forgot what, I'll calc it again xD
I think I'll replace him with a better wallbreaker, suggestions please guys!

(otherwise I'm screwed against stallteams, as Zapdos, Celebi etc won't take to much damage of Pika...)

@ Light Ball
Ability: Static
EVs: 152 Atk/252 Spd/104 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Brick Break

OOPS, it's Pikachu. When most things are dead, dented or paralysed, this guy comes in and sweeps. With a sub up, it's hard for most teams to stop this guy. Brick Break does 53 % minimum to Blissey, TBolt and [Ice] is another BoltBeam... I luv this guy. He's also speedy enough to outpace most Salamences nowadays.... =) Somehow I really manage to sweep more than 75% of the time with him, the rest is done by Kingdra alone. (once I swept with Tran lol)

Threats: Bliss walls me awfully, Tran has to boom him up....
TBoah terrifies me...

Yeah... something different I guess ;) but hopefully you like it.
I really need some suggestions about Celebi, and if there is something to replace him pretty good, since he hasn't much of usage for my team.
Sooooo...
PIKA!

Btw, I built this team in 10 mins, so it's not well-thought, I think I gonna replace Kingdra and Celebi as said.

Lol, just did the 1300...

If u have problems with bliss why not using focus punch on pika? And kingdra should be able to beat him after 2 DD... And zapdos can counter tyranioboah with no ice beam?

Zapdos is not doing anything back to Tyranitar.

Lack of a Rock resist really leaves you open to Tyranitar, and thanks to Zapdos being geared towards Special Defense, you do not have a reliable answer to Fighters.

I cannot really think of much at the moment, but a Ground would probably be the best solution.

Hell, you could be awesome and run Torterra. He fits in with your "different" theme, resist Rock and can handle Ice Beam-less Tyranitar. Probably means you could do with Wish support, but oh well.

Torterra @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 212 HP/44 Atk/252 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Seed Bomb
- Earthquake
- Toxic/Stone Edge/Reflect/Light Screen/Leech Seed

Toxic helps break down walls, but conflicts with Thunder Wave. Stone Edge lets you do something to Flying types who would be swtiching in on Seed Bomb and Earthquake. Reflect and Light Screen provide team support, and Leech Seed works as some form of recovery.

EVs are probably wrong, but they give max Leftovers recovery, and a lot of Defense. 44 Attack EVs can go elsewhere if you feel they should.

The Problem with Bliss is, that most of the opponents are switching out Bliss when they see Kingdra... I'm just not able to dent it.
I haven't seen any Tyranitar until yet, the only one was a Boah, which was troublesome, but I could handle it. Torterra... sounds cool, I'll test him over Heatran, but then I lose some paralysis =(

how about a force palm Hariyama. It handles Bliss, T-Tar AND Weavile(who you should really fear because of Ice Shard). It also can spread some Para around. or you could just go with Focus Punch on pika.

how about a force palm Hariyama. It handles Bliss, T-Tar AND Weavile(who you should really fear because of Ice Shard).
Hariyama is very reliable. Using one myself with force palm/ice punch/knock off/whirlwind.

It is the counter the Tyranitar counter, laughing at his STABs, shrugging off even CB earthquakes and not caring much about the odd fire blast/ice beam thanks to thick fat. Depending on the moveset you chose (there's plenty of options), he can deal significant damage to other threats too, while also being able to support the team.

The problem is, that Pika is not able to switch in on Bliss (SToss, TWave...) and so it's hard to set-up on him. I don't know, Hariyama doesn't fit imo... My defensive core is working great, with the exception of Celebi... And I'm not sure if I can switch in Kingdra in Blissey that easily, I need a good physical wallbreaker over him. Maybe I'll replace Celebi with Scarfloom, for the Rockresist and Kingdra for another physical powerhouse... suggestions?

edit: I used Hariyama myself, no doubt that it's awesome against Tar and Weavile ;)

I don't understand why you are using Kingdra without any RD...I just doesn't seem to work. I would go with a Gyra over it to sweep late game. It can do pretty much everything Kingdra can. For example:

Gyrados@Life Orb
Intimidate
252 Att/80 HP/176 Spe
Adamant
Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Ice Fang
Earthquake

Being Taunted isn't really too much of a problem, seeing as they will probably just want to T-Bolt you. This set can also take some hits as well.

---

Mind rating my team?

Kingdra is somehow easier to set-up, not SR-weak, can use STABed Outrage, has kind of a nice recovery, doesn't care about status... you see?

Then I'm at 100% of my health. And I'm not that dumb and switch him into Bronzong or somewhat... Gyarados is btw walled too easily, by Gon2, Vappy etc, while each of them can't touch Kingdra, because of his Waterresistance and his lack of weaknesses...

Ugh...Worded that one wrong.

Then I'm at 100% of my health. And I'm not that dumb and switch him into Bronzong or somewhat... Gyarados is btw walled too easily, by Gon2, Vappy etc, while each of them can't touch Kingdra, because of his Waterresistance and his lack of weaknesses...
Yeh, I guess. But, yah know, the term late game sweeper means that you first get rid of your opponent's counters.

I personally prefer Kingdra because it is cooler, but each have their pros and cons. Kingdra has a better ability for taking out pokemon once it has Dragon Danced, while Gyarados's ability is better for switching in. Ironically, this is somewhat offset by his Stealth Rock weakness. Kingdra has an easier time switching into Heatran, as it has a 4x fire resist and isn't weak to Stealth Rock.

Overall I think Kingdra is better. Nobody uses CB Earthquake anymore, and if they do, they are prepared for Gyarados/Salamence/Shaymin-S for this very reason.

EDIT: What counters Kingdra anyways? Bulky grounds like Hippowdon/Gliscor are destroyed by STAB Waterfall, and things like Gyarados can't hit SE, and after a few DDs it will be gone from STAB Outrage. I guess something that can paralyze and recover, like Cresselia or Celebi, but Kingdra can just Rest.

On Heatran use a Naive nature so that explosion does not lose power. Naive boosts speed just as timid does. Naive also allows you to use HP Ice 70 so you may want to change Dragon Pulse to HP Ice.

No, I really wanna keep Dragon Pulse, as Mence gets screwed after SR by Dragon Pulse anyways, and as it allows me to kill Kingdra better. With Hasty you're right of course...

Question: No weaks except Tar? Awesome =3

Celebi is outdated, simply put. The main reason to use him was Gyara, but all Gyaras are extremely offensive nowadays and Celebi dies quickly. The set really works well with your team though, so I don't know what to replace.

Kingdra should be used for the awesomeness factor. Only cool people use Kingdra. The only iffy thing in your set is the Spe EVs. What do you gain by bumping up to 330 Spe after a boost? I would drop the defensive EVs and pump your speed and attack some. I would go with 196 HP / 96 Atk / 216 Spe, to outspeed Shaymin-s after 1 boost and Deoxys-e after 2 boosts. The attack EVs hit a bonus point. If you want more bulkiness or more power, set the Atk EVs to 56 or 136, respectively(the previous and next bonus points). This is the EV set for my DD Kingdra.

You might think about Nasty Plot on the Pikameister just for the cool factor. I'm sure HP : Ice is better.

Well, I have an idea how to get a rock resist and a way to dent Blissey...
CMJirachi > Kingdra.
This guy should dent enough to open up for a Pika sweep. I tried it once (it didn't worked with Jirachi) and won 1-0 with a Pika sweep (hi darkie lol), so imo it's working.
Changes:
- Jirachi > Kingdra (HP Fight or TBolt???)
- EBall on Cele, cause Vaporeon is a dirty suck0r.
- Physical STalk Zappy, sounds weird but I need it against Luce and Scizor...
That's it.
Working pretty good at moment, Blissey is my ugliest threat ... Mot of the time I have to Boom him with Heatran, hopefully CMJira is enough to beat him ;)

Ok... still you have no reason not to change it to Naive. You still are using a speed boosting nature, but explosion now has more power for when you need it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)