McFlurry Mafia

Welcome to the most delicious game of all time! Flurr'it yourself!

Approved and recommended by Mekkah and Earthworm!

Warning, this game will be quite demanding.

Read the rules before you sign up!

RULES

1. Whilst you are alive you can talk to anyone about the game. Once you are dead you cannot talk to anyone about the game, unless you are mafia and on the same team, in which case you may talk with members of your team only, and only for strategy purposes. Knowledge acquired after death cannot be transferred from a dead player to a living player.

2. Every user has a role PM. Role PMs may not be shown to other users on Night 0, but starting from Day 1 onwards they may be freely distributed. Screenshotting of all forms is banned. If anyone finds a person encouraging others to take screenshots or taking screenshots and showing other people, please be sure to report it.

3. You can paste things told to you by the host. You may fake logs. Do not take pasting of a host conversation as definite proof, these can be faked. If you want to fake a log, feel free to PM one of the hosts for assistance. Impersonation of a host or another user however, is banned at all points. Please do not attempt to impersonate in any way.

4. Each day will have a deadline of 48 hours. You may vote to lynch users during the day by posting "lynch USER" in bold, or "No lynch" if you don't want to lynch anyone (lynch votes will not count if they're not in the correct format!), and if you change your vote, you MUST edit the bolded text out of the old post if you post with a new vote. The night will begin once a majority is reached (a majority is typically 50% of the players + 1), but this is at the discretion of the host

4.5. If there's a tie, both users with the highest amount of votes will be lynched, but no lynch will take place the next day.

5. Each night will have a deadline of 48 hours. This gives you 48 hours to send your night action. Please state what you are doing in the PM title, it makes it MUCH easier to handle.

5.5. If you're not going to do anything at night, send a PM titled "Night/Day X - idling". This makes keeping track of things easier and informs me that you're still playing the game.

6. Priorities have been decided beforehand and will not be revealed.

7. This game features items. Items can be used at the same time as regular night actions. You can give an item away during either the day or night, by sending a pm to the host stating "Night/Day X - Give ITEM to USER." You cannot use an item during the same night you give it away, however you can use an unrelated ability whilst giving away an item. Giving away an item has the lowest priority, and if you are killed/lynched the same night/day you attempt to give away an item, it won't be moved. Please note that each user may only hold one item, though some users may hold as many as they like.

8. There is no "Scavenger" ability, and information about items (neither those initially held nor those held upon death) will not be revealed upon a user's death. Stealing abilities are allowed to target a dead user - this is the only way to recover items from a corpse.

9. Only sign up if you know you're going to be at least fairly active. If I notice that you seem to be idle, I reserve the right to have you forcefully subbed out if necessary. I'll most likely nudge first, though.

10. The role PMs are written in different tones - do not think that because a PM is out of the ordinary, it is fake.

11. There will be a total of 22 players.

CONCEPT

Every player will be given a secret role. This role contains your initial placement, which is represented by a letter (rows) and a number (columns). Your role dictates how you will move on the board: for exemple, you might be able to go forward twice, then sideways once. You also get the power to use a weapon, but you decide which one. You may use a different weapon for each cycle.

To submit your night action (which consists of your move and your weapon), you will first have to film yourself singing it and send it to thunda, who will upload it on his YouTube channel. After that, a panel of judges will write fancy stories about the various weapons that were used that night, and then everyone will vote to find out which weapon is the more popular. The user who submitted that will be eliminated from the game.

There are 7 teams: Austria, England, France, Germany, Italy, Russia and Turkey. Each team has different types of members: a king and soldiers. The aim is to protect the square the king is on; the number of allied soldiers on one square of the board determines how difficult it will be for the opposing teams to take that square. To take a square, a player must move towards it; the attack factor is determined but the number of players moving towards the square or supposrting these moves, plus the result of a dice roll. The defense factor is equal to the number of soldier on the attacked square plus the result of another dice roll. Whoever has the greatest factor gets to occupy the square, the others can't move and they can't post in the main thread for the current day.

While this is going on, every player may also submit a message which will be posted under a secret alias. These messages must answer a special prompt given by the host and end in either 'jab left', jab right' or 'uppercut'. If anyone manages to find who posted a specific message, the corresponding action will happen on a target that is determined as follows:
-if the message ended in 'jab left', the player immediately above the sender in the player list is punched;
-if the message ended in 'jab right', the player immediately below is punched;
-if the message ended in 'uppercut', the sender is punched.
Any punched player will be unable to move during the next night. Note that if the sender is shortsighted he might hit the wrong target.

There will be no lynching in this game. Instead, at the start of each day, all the players will draw a card. These cards will have a number on them, which will be either blue, red, green or yellow. Some cards may also have special inscriptions instead of numbers. After that, everyone will post !shoot cX, where c is a colour and X a number. The player whose card was shot the greatest number of times will be removed from the game. The cards with the inscriptions can have varied effects during this phase: for example, the card 'Shoote +2' allows a player to shoot two different cards.

The team whose king is the last one alive wins. He will then be allowed to participate in the elitist Speedrun contest.
NO OUTSIDE COMMUNICATION WILL BE ALLOWED DURING THE GAME!

List of Players:

Reserved:
Johann
asim
porygon3
billymills

P1:
dubulous

P2:
lonelyness
supermarth
Bass
askaninjask
polelover44

Go!

priority 0 man

night 1 - jab left with a gigantic bowl of reyscarface puffs™ cereal while moving my knight to b3 and attacking the black sea

video should be up soon !!!

guys sorry i should have mentionned earlier:

Since this is such a new concept, it will be handpicked, but i still need your priority.
Also i will ask any potential player to confirm that they want to participate with a video, as a proof that they will be able to properly play.

On thunda's request, for each video to be uploaded (ie to count), the players will have to do 10 pressups while they're singing. He actually asked for 20 but 10 should be enough.

Looking forward to the start of the game!

God damn it I hate push ups. Talk about a negative incentive...but wouldn't showing oneself on camera take away from the anonymous effect (considering they've posted pictures in Cong)? Maybe I'm misinterpreting something, as this is kind of confusing.

I'll consider this further.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
my video is a secret

it was pretty great though! the entire time i flexed my toned abs and sang in a sweet baritone

if i were you i would get those videos done fast, this looks like a p cool mafia game

Sign-Ups are closed!

I'm letting a mod rand- oh wait

Well guys this was only a joke, there is no game :( I'm surprised so many people fell for it. I even have some videos, but I'm not releasing them without their authors' consent!

Here is how it started - we were talking about experimental mafias and then:
<@Accent> in 5 months we will be like:
<@Accent> 'ok so everyone gets a role, and every player is given a letter and a number'
<@Accent> 'now heach letter is a row and each number is a ciolumn and basically there is a white team and a black team'
<@Accent> 'and depending on your role you can advance in a different way'
<@Johann> chess?
<@Accent> 'and if the king dies your team loses'
<@Johann> lol
<@Johann> it is chess!
<&asim> hahahaha
<&asim> that would be kinda cool
<&asim> you only know your piece
<&asim> but not your teammates
<&asim> and you have to move or something
<@Johann> i just want to provide an off-the-wall kind of mafia game
<@Accent> there we go

We then proceeded to list as many games played on Smogon or its IRC channels as possible, fitting them all into one giant game (if anyone has the complete log feel free to post it) - you can probably spot them in the concept if you pay attention.
Mafia
RPSI
Chess
Karaoke
Be unpopular or die
Diplomacy
Risk
Identity Duplicity
Wittybot
Boxing bot
Blindness mafia
Uno
Shoothoot
Speedrun contest
Lockdown mafia

It was fun to read the comments from people who were less and less willing to participate as I added additional rules.
Sorry to:
-Earthworm and Mekkah, I posted this without their permission and said they recommended the game which was a plain lie (Mekkah even said it looked like a shit game)
-blue_light, I don't know what you thought when you saw the thread
-thunda, he kinda freaked out when I told him that he would have to uplaod 22 videoq every 3 days (I hadn't asked him about his YouTube account before including it in the concept)
-anyone who was looking forward to play, I promise I'll give you a reserved spot in a game of mine asap!
-anyone who went through the trouble of actually recording something and maybe beginning to exercise!

Thanks to asim, Johann and p3 for participating in the original idea and to anyone who played along afterwards. :)

TL;DR THERE IS NO GAME AT ALL IT WAS A TROLL (sign up in reyscarface's game or wait for MGS to start, both are guaranteed to be for real!)

as a side note i love experimental games and i hope the mafia landscape of smogon continues to evolve :) (also check the mafia players group for discussion on that)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)