Marshadow Discussion

I'm surprised nobody mentioned that this thing looks like it was ripped straight out of the Yokai Watch series design-wise, what with its cutesy ghoulish look. Game Freak is really serious about competing with that franchise, I guess.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned that this thing looks like it was ripped straight out of the Yokai Watch series design-wise, what with its cutesy ghoulish look. Game Freak is really serious about competing with that franchise, I guess.
Don't really think that's the case at all. The pixies are always cutesy, and it's a ghost type pixie. Doubt it goes much deeper than that.

Is swagger still banned in gen 7? If not then i've Just been told that this thing could use the combo of Swagger + Spectral thief for a pseudo but even deadlier Swords Dance

Research thread just found out that Spectral Thief ignores Subs. Credit to Marty for discovering that.

This thing just gets better and better.
The few weeks/month where it's OU are gonna be hilarious with this little cute ghost obliterating titans like Tyranitar.

NoCheese edit: tiering discussion

Last edited by a moderator:
Is swagger still banned in gen 7? If not then i've Just been told that this thing could use the combo of Swagger + Spectral thief for a pseudo but even deadlier Swords Dance
We don't know whether Swagger will be allowed again in generation 7. Confusion was nerfed pretty harshly so I could definitely see the ban getting revisited, but I don't exactly foresee there being a great rush to unban it. Even if the odds are now against Klefki, the reasons for its ban are still valid (it's uncompetitive and essentially forces coin-flips with little to no option for counterplay).

If anything Swagger+Spectral Thief could be considered even deadlier than SwagPlay... it's not restricted to a single attack, and it's not restricted to a single target.

Last edited:

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Just a reminder, folks. Talk all you want about its uses in OU. Feel free to discuss possible uses in Ubers. But please don't post speculating about whether this will or should be banned from OU. That's for tiering councils and suspect tests, not prerelease speculation.

OLD GREGG (im back baby)

old gregg for life
That 125 base speed is pretty interesting. There is not one single normal or ghost type that is faster; bar megas, scarfers, and Meloetta-P. Trying to play around this thing will be tough, since the ghosts that are immune to its fighting attacks die to Sneak and the things that are immune/resist Sneak die to the fighting STAB. Whatever tier this lands in you better believe scarf sets will see a rise.

Here's a Hoopa question, that is related to this discussion I swear. Back when Hoopa was first announced, was it also known he would have an unbound form?

Is there anything that could give potential to Marshadow also having an alternate form in the future that could change his stats or move pool the way Hoopa Unbound did?

Not that it's necessary, just curious based on the legendary trends of additional forms or Mega Evolutions.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Here's a Hoopa question, that is related to this discussion I swear. Back when Hoopa was first announced, was it also known he would have an unbound form?

Is there anything that could give potential to Marshadow also having an alternate form in the future that could change his stats or move pool the way Hoopa Unbound did?

Not that it's necessary, just curious based on the legendary trends of additional forms or Mega Evolutions.
No, we found Hoopa Unbound in the ORAS demo datamine iirc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)