Monotype MANDIBLES! A Full bug team.

57678344_p0.jpg

INTRODUCTION

Whats Up bug lovers! this is my First RMT since i joined smogon, RMT helps me alot in competetive battling, doing my research here and looking for good sets and teams, smogon community does have a lot to offer, almost all my teams are based on smogon ou, i am a bug gym leader in some pokemon groups and thru RMT ive come up a good team with total counter to all super effectives types against bugs. I had a lot of wins and some losses in this team, i guess we cannot cover all weakness in one team. thats why i posted my RMT for my bug team, i'll be happy receiving some help with sets and moves around my team. all my success in future battling will be coming thru this RMT.

TEAM BUILDING PROCESS

Scizor's bullet punch, Araquanid's ability and Vikavolts ground resistance and typing.

This three bois are the full coverage of my team. Scizor is mainly for rock type attackers and also for killing them. the defogger of the team and giving the move counter ,make it hold focus sash, to surprise fully set up physical attackers.

Araquanid. For me he is better than golisopod in many ways. its ability can wall fire type attacks and at the same time making its water attacks doubled its power, never gets burned by wil o wisp, it can take almost all special attacks plus having the move mirror coat can hit back harder, also a stick web setter of the team

Vikavolt. for killing all flying types such as hawlucha, having the ability levitate gets resistant to earthquake and other ground type attacks. High Special Attacks can 1HKO all flying type threats mainly Mega Charizard Y. Having access to moves like bug buzz, hidden power ice and energy ball makes it a monster.

VOLCARONA, MEGA PINSIR, SCARFED MOXIE-CROSS

The main core of the team, Volcarona is a must in every bug team, having its dual typing and ability can help its mediocre defense, i put full investment on HP and defense, in that way it can survive most physical attacks while setting up for quiver dance then roost for longevity. Mega pinsir is the Main sweeper and wall breaker of this team, with its ability and additional boost from aerilate. it only needs a single swords dance to almost sweep an unprepared team. Lastly, the well known Scarfed Heracross having the highest unboosted Attack stat plus the ability moxie, giving its speed a little juice from Choice scarf is a perfect item for it to sweep its way to victory.

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 132 HP / 122 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

-Fast Set up sweeper. and also my physical attacker / sweeper. i choose double-edge over return or frustration as it can 1HKO anything without the boost of Swords dance, Quick attack hits harder after a +2 boost, and earthquake for hitting those rock type threats. i Give a little HP investment to make sure it survive longer.

Volcarona @ Kee Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 251 HP / 147 Def / 112 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fiery Dance
- Hidden Power (Ground)
- Quiver Dance
- Roost
This is a bulky-rona set. My usual lead as it takes a lot of damage from entry hazards like stealthrock and spikes. hidden power is used to kill toxapex and tentacruel. Other choice of move will be hidden power ground to kill heatran and alolan muk. Fiery dance for killing pesky steel types such as skarmory before it lay hazards around your team, quiver dance and roost to survive longer and for boosting its stab moves and speed.

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Standard scarfed moxie-cross set. Mainly used for for revenge killing all Pokemon that are slower than him, and then proceed to sweep. stone edge or rock slide to hit your x4 weakness to flying types, knock off to get rid of opponents items, earthquake and close combat is for hitting Tyranitar hard.

Araquanid @ Splash Plate
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 234 HP / 230 Atk / 40 Def / 6 SpD
Brave Nature
- Leech Life
- Liquidation
- Sticky Web
- Mirror Coat

The total counter for fire types. Because its ability gives It immunity to Wil-o-Wisp and halves the power of fire type attacks, while giving your stab water type attacks double the power, its like having 3 abilities at once. Sticky web for making your opponents slower and mirror coat will be used on special attacks throwed by opponents at you, as it can take special attacks because of its high Sp Def Stat. liquidation, to abuse its good ability and leech life for retaining Lost HPs'.

Scizor @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 17 Atk / 241 Def
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Counter
- Swords Dance
- Defog

Scizor is here to threaten rock types, specially dusk form lycanroc. giving investments on defense and HP, to tank rock type Attacks, counter and focus sash is a good combination to hit back a +1 Mega Charizard X and other set up physical attackers/sweepers.

Vikavolt @ Assault Vest
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 217 HP / 141 Def / 152 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Discharge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball

Vikavolt is preferred over galvantula because of its Higher Special attacks and bulkier defenses that makes it tank powerful Flying type moves, Used for killing Mega Charizard Y and talonflame. Resistance to ground type moves and Thunderwaves is very much important as the team relies to its speed to sweep.

CONCLUSION

For me, this is a perfect bug team with counters to all super effective threats if played correctly. It is a Bug team not reliant to Hazards as it is known for. This is my first RMT, pls throw some other ideas to make the team more viable.
Threat list:
MEGA CHARIZARD X AND Y
DRAGONITE
MEGA PINSIR
CHOICE BAND ACCELEROCK
MEGA AERODACTYL
PELIPPER

Online battle videos:
-5NSG WWWW WWWZ WEG3
-UHYG WWWW WWWZ CMYF

PLEASE rate my team and il be happy to recieve any advice from you guys.

- JomarMallari​

Last edited:
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide in-depth descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Edit: Unlocked

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)