XY OU M-Medicham Based Team

Hi, everyone, I have here a team built around the strongest and fastest pokémon in OU IMO, at least now, when M-Mawile has left. The purpose of this team is to eliminate all M-Medicham counters and checks and proceed to sweep with it until death or victory.

Teambuilding process:

Obviously, M-Medicham was the first member.

I started to search counters and checks, and the first was Azumarill. I added Ferro as a SR setter, able to kick Azu with Power Whip, and with Rocky Helmet to damage it even if it has Superpower.

Then, Talon was added to the team because its strong priority, that helps with pokémon faster than Medi.

I needed a healer and a safe switching into the Latis, and Sylveon fits perfectly in this rol, also havinga respectable offensive presence due to its hidden ability.

Latias came to work as a offensive defogger and to complete my D/S/F core.

As my last pokémon, the glue, I choosed Keldeo, to deal better with Bisharp and Tyranitar.

To deal better with the set-up sweepers that can destroy my team, I decided to change Sylveon by Unaware Fable, able to heal the team too.

In depth:

Buda (Medicham) (M) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out

Here my main sweeper and winning condition. With its monstrous attack (reaching 598 points) is able to OHKO or 2HKO most of the metagame, but with the huge problem of it speed, which isn't so low, but is not enough to face a lot of mons able to OHKO it. I run substitute to deal better with Bisharp's sucker punch, which otherwise would kill Medi if it's a bit weakened. I'm also considering fake out for having another priority more than Talon, or T-Punch to destroy Gyara in the switch-in.

Ferrothorn (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 240 HP / 204 Def / 64 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Power Whip

Ferro is my Stealth Rocker and my main Azumarill counter due to Power Whip. Otherwise, it can deal with many physical threads like Landorus-T, Thundurus (even if mixed), Excadrill, non F-Punch Nite, non Fire Blast Chomp, non HP Fire Latis, etc. Also is a great counter of M-Gyarados and non F-Punch M-Tyranitar, who otherwise will be able to sweep over my team after one DD.

Captain Falcon (Talonflame) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Roost

Captain Falcon is my main revenge killer due to it's powerful Brave Birds, combined with U-turn to mantain momentum and Flare Blitz to hit steel-types. Roost is to recover HP from the LO, Brave Bird and Flare Blitz recoil, mantaining Talon alive to revenge kill in another situation. Is a quite simple set, I think it doesn't need more explanation.

Sylveon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect
- Hyper Voice

I didn't want to use the common physically defensive set of Sylveon, I wanted one with more offensive presence, one that can hit hard with its hyper voices and heal the rest of the team and itself. Is a safe switching into the Latis (receive 3HKO from LO Latios Psyshock after 2 lefties recovery, and the same from LO Latias after 1 lefties recovery) and can kill 'em with hyper voice, while healing the rest of the team and walling other special threads like Thundurus or non Sludge Wave Lando.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

This pokémon is the best replacement for Sylveon, able to wall set-up sweepers that can sweep my entire team and heal it's teamates too. Also, is a great safe switching into the Latis, beeing inmune to it's Draco Meteor and walling it's Psyshock (usually used over Psychic). There are only two things where Sylveon is better, offensive power and special defense, but unaware compensates it.

Boeing 747 (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Healing Wish
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Latias is my defogger. She can also sweep and wall (only some special things) quite good, destroying Keldeo, M-Venusaur, Conkeldurr (even if AV), M-Medicham, Charizard Y, etc, etc. When she have lost many HP, healing wish allows me to send Medicham healthy to sweep, beeing most of it's counters fainted and healing it's possible burn or paralysis if Sylveon can't do that.

Kelpie (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Secret Sword

My little pony is my special wallbreaker, while Medicham is the physical one. It's Hydro Pump scares most of the metagame, which can't switch safely. If I don't need it's power and I need precision, I have scald, which can burn one in three times aprox. Secret Sword is it's secondary STAB, to hit Chans/Bliss, Tyranitar, Bisharp, etc., and HP Electric hits hard to Gyarados and Azu in the switch, but I have to be careful with AV Azu, which receive 3HKO and can kill me with Play Rough, but for this situation is Ferro to counter and Talon to RK.

Threadlist:

If this beast gets a DD, it can sweep over my team. I have Talon to RK after it loses some HP from it's own Flare Blitz, but in case of having Talon fainted, the most probably is that Zard will destroy two or three pokémon before fainting by recoil damage.

This is other DDancer that really scares my team. Ferro is a great counter, and if anyway is defeated by Gyara, Talon can RK again.

Again, other set-up sweeper can destroy my whole team, excepting Talon, who can kill without any problem, and Latias, which if is full HP, can survive a QA and kill with DM.

DD Nite can sweep my main sweepers, beeing stopped by Sylveon and Ferrothorn and RK by Talon.

*All this set-up sweepers are a less dangerous with Fable in my team, but if she faints, they will be able to sweep until victory, having only Talon to RK them*

I hope you enjoyed the team, and be free to tell me anything you think that may improve this team. Thanks for reading it!

Last edited:
Hey ~~ ~

Ok so as you already mentioned in your post, setup sweepers like Gyarados, Dragonite, Pinsir and Charizard-X are all big threats for your team, mostly because you haven't a reliable revenge-killer. Looking at your team, I think that Sylveon is the weak line of it, and it doesn't fit with the rest of the team much as well so you probably want to change it. I personally suggest you to use Choice Scarf Landorus-T instead of it, with a moveset of EQ / Rock Slide / Superpower / U-Turn. Superpower is needed here because it allows you to revenge-kill both Mega Gyarados and Fire Punch Mega Tyranitar, which are troublesome for your current team. You also should probably run Fake Out on Medicham since it would allow you to revenge-kill stuff in case of emergency, it's also a good move to mega-evolve much more easily in general. In addition to that, run Zen Headbutt on Medicham as it allows you to have a chance to 2HKO Max / Max Clefable that would stop your Medicham otherwise, it's also a much stronger move in general of course. Moving on, I suggest you to run Protect on Ferrothorn as it allows to recover more HPs with Leech Seed and to scout Choice users' moves as well, that can be incredibily helpful when facing threats like Keldeo for example. Always talking about small nitpicks, I don't see much useful HP Electric on Keldeo on your current team since you have already Ferrothorn and Choice Scarf Landorus-T to beat Mega Gyarados. Icy Wind is generally better, allowing to beat Dragonite and the Lati Twins which are troublesome for Keldeo. HP Flying is an option too, but personally I prefer to go for the burn against things like Venusaur or Amoonguss, but thats up for you, of course it's an option as well.

Hope I helped you out a bit, good luck with your team~~

Another option to replace Sylveon and stop (not RK) my main threads, could be Unaware Clefable, which can heal the team and stop Zard X, M-Pinsir, M-Gyarados and DD Nite, but i'm not sure.

It's set could be:
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)