Lord Scalgon's Giveaway for Lunatics (ok, not really...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Trivia is now over, enjoy the downloads, people.)

Well, boys and girls, it has been five months since I've hosted a giveaway, and to commemorate my 1CC in Touhou 9: Phantasmagoria of Flower View on Lunatic difficulty, thought I'd throw a giveaway in. What's the prize, you ask?

Distributors:
julios

Download the 5th gen .pkm file by clicking the [Link] here.

Since I don't feel like posting the rules on how to win this, I'll just give it away as a freebie, but remember - follow the image! However, I'll host yet another giveaway, in which this takes teamwork from everyone else who partakes in it. It's a trivia in which if all the questions have been answered, everybody wins. But here's the catch - it's a 4th gen .pkm file. And yes, it's the same nicknamed Cresselia I distributed in the past (too bad the link to the old giveaway thread is defunct)...

Lord Scalgon's Shiny Bold Cresselia (NN: Claudia)
Nature: Bold
Ability: Levitate
EV's None
IV's: 30/18/31/30/31/30 [HP Fire 70]
OT: Masters (Lord Scalgon)
Date: 8/29/2010
Fully Redistributable

Download the 4th gen .pkm file by clicking the [Link] here. (unlocked by the participants, as 6 of 7 questions have been answered correctly)

Download the 5th gen version of the .pkm file by clicking the [Link] here.

I really want to convert this into a 5th gen .pkm file, but sadly, my other DS got gg'd, so I won't be Pokeshifting for quite a while. The topic for the trivia is, as always, about Touhou (those of you that know a lot, have an advantage).

1) Name three spell cards in which you can either take out the boss' life bar or time out the card to acquire a spell card bonus. (Hint: One of the cards requires a glitch to pull it off, and though it remains true for Blazing Star, you won't have enough time to take out the life bar regardless, thus renders it a time-out card.)
"Blazing Star", Grudge Bow "The Bow of Genzanmi Yorimasa", "Possessed By Phoenix" (nobody, trivia is over)

2) When it comes to the death fairy at the end of the stage before the boss battle in Imperishable Night Extra Stage, where is the safespot?
Bottom-left corner (bottom-left is acceptable, too). (legendarymaster)

3) Patchouli Knowledge's ability revolves around magic. Her elemental attacks represent the seven days of the week. Sun represents Sunday and Moon represents Monday. Name the other five elements, and what days do those elements represent?
Fire, Water, Wood, Earth, Metal, which both represent Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. (julios)

4) In Subterranean Animism Extra Stage, if you abuse a glitch to avert fighting Sanae Kotiya, what powerups/items does she drop? (Hint: Normally, it would be some P's, point items, and a life piece, but the glitch is a different story)
11,770 points and a single power item [or 0.05 power] (stephenjm)

[5/9/11 Added a hint: YouTube search 'out of my way good girl'...but even then you may not find any results. You have to add a keyword in there, but what word?]

5) Also speaking of this 'glitch' on Sanae, it also works on two other bosses in Subterranean Animism. Who are they?
Yuugi Hoshiguma and Rin Kaenbyou (Gothic Togekiss)

6) Barring PC-98 games, other than Touhou 6: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil, the rest but one Touhou game brought back recurring characters as bosses from previous games. What is the only other Windows Touhou game that did not bring back a recurring character as a boss from a previous game?
Undefined Fantastic Object (Pikapi314)

7) In one character's story mode in Scarlet Weather Rhapsody, the story does not end after defeating Tenshi Hinanai (who is basically the final boss of the game), as there is one more opponent to face. Which character is that?
Patchouli Knowledge. (cozcozcoz)

Well, that should do it, really. Good luck to all that participate! Remember, if all questions are answered - everyone wins (other than the Litwick, of course). I'll check back this thread sometimes to update or to edit this post with correct answers by others. No need to PM me for the answers, just post it in this thread. Don't want to partake in the trivia? No problem, that's why the Litwick is there for everyone.

(BTW, I don't have time to distribute due to schoolwork. Would be great if someone who has access to .pkm files downloads and distributes to others.)

Is the answer to number 1: Blazing Star, Yukari's Boundary of Life and Death, and Possessed by Phoenix?

Darn it, I was just going to do a Litwick giveaway xD

Anyways, as for #3…
The other elements are fire, water, wood, earth, and metal which correspond to Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday respectively

EDIT: Awesome
and dende5416, I can trade you one
just figured out ir-gts literally seconds ago hehe

3) Tuesday- Mars
Wednesday - Mercury
Thursday - Jupiter
Friday - Venus
Saturday - Saturn

Idk those are just what those weeks represent. I know her five elements are wood, fire, water, metal, and earth though

EDIT: Wow someone beat me.

Is #4 a bomb?

#3 has been answered by julios, and #7 has been answered by cozcozcoz. 4 questions left. If, for some reason, the trivia takes long, I'll provide more hints overtime.

Wow, that's a sexy Litwick... Btw, I can't help with the .pkm files but if someone trades the poke's to me, I can clone and help distribute.

5) Also speaking of this 'glitch', it also works on two other bosses in Subterranean Animism. Who are they?

Koishi Komeij
Sanae Kochiya

Lol. OK i admit I've never played this and Google is really not being helpful right now :P
I don't blame you - not everyone played it.

Wow, that's a sexy Litwick... Btw, I can't help with the .pkm files but if someone trades the poke's to me, I can clone and help distribute.
I wish I could distribute it to you now, but I'm not at home, and I only have the .pkm files with me, unfortunately...

5) Also speaking of this 'glitch', it also works on two other bosses in Subterranean Animism. Who are they?

Koishi Komeij
Sanae Kochiya
Wrong. Sanae is already a given, so that, too, isn't the answer.

5) Koishi and Marisa
Marisa is not a boss character in Subterranean Animism. =\

EDIT: Added a hint to the first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)