Look At What I Chained - Mark II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any helpful advice on chaining in a sandstorm? I can get 40 chains all day in normal grass but I can't even begin to try to beldum 'cus he wants to hide in a damn sandstorm. Anyone?

Well, I thought that only certain Pokemon appeared in those patches... :(
While the pokeradar only pokemon are found within those flashing patches, they are not the only species that appear in them otherwise chaining them would be way easy. Anything that normally appears in the route has a chance to appear in the flashing patches. Pokeradar pokemon generally have a 22% chance to appear in the flashing patches.

Well, guys, thanks for the help. I got up to a chain of 48, and then a two-away patch directly to the right of me broke my chain.

I'm guessing that even when you only go in shiny patches, bad patterns can still break your chain, right?

Well, guys, thanks for the help. I got up to a chain of 48, and then a two-away patch directly to the right of me broke my chain.

I'm guessing that even when you only go in shiny patches, bad patterns can still break your chain, right?
My chain broke 1-time when I entered a shiny patch at the edge....and all the others shiny patches didn't break my chain..

Yeah, I've heard that edge patches do that. D:

But, I caught one shiny, and released all the others, since they all had 20- in the stats. o.o I posted this in the "Look at my Pokemon" thread, but here it is:

Well, guys. My first shiny. ^-^ Absol. Caught in a Pokeball. Naughty. Pressure. (Ugh. D:) IVs:

Naughty #359 Absol: 15 - 19 / 5 - 9 / 15 - 19 / 10 - 14 / 20 - 24 / 25 - 29

What a bitch. That low attack hurts me so... Still. First shiny.

I got this Cubone during a swarm and wasn't sure where to put it, but what do you think?

IV's: 21 HP/17 Atk/ 20 Def/ 22 Spe/ 31 Sp.ATk/ 10 Sp.Def

Is it worth keeping?

Well, if you want a Jolly Cubone, you'd want to breed one. The only point of getting good-IV'd things in a chain is if they're shiny. :V Or genderless, I suppose.

Also, my swarm today is Spoink, so I'll chain those for some good practice. I'll catch them in Ultra Balls, I guess.

Anyone have any helpful advice on chaining in a sandstorm? I can get 40 chains all day in normal grass but I can't even begin to try to beldum 'cus he wants to hide in a damn sandstorm. Anyone?
Don't chain at night or noon. Best time to chain in SS would be Morning or Evening when its not too dark or too bright. Its okay to chain at noon once you reach 40 though. Also Lorak said something about 3D Glasses. :naughty:

I'm about to attempt chaining is Snow(Swinub) has anything tried it yet?

No, I haven't. D:

I'm debating whether I should chain Spoink (my swarm) or Duskull, since he looks awesome shiny. (I wouldn't evolve him)

Adamant #66 Machop: 27 - 30 / 24 - 30 / 0 - 16 / 0 - 13 / 14 - 29 / 30

Need to narrow it down a bit more but after a chain of 63 it's not bad. I think. Oh and it's my second chain after I read the guide so thanks for writing it. It helped a lot!

forbidden - Swinub is physically impossible. However, I'm trying to get the Diamond Dust snow to appear, but I don't know how it works or if it would help.

Also I found the morning and day to be fine with regards to the Sandstorm, with night and evening to be avoided.

I'm now chaining Hasty Voltorbs, and I'm trying the "Syncher fainted in the first slot, Static-Pokemon in the second slot, unfainted".

It seems to be working, but I dunno. This is a great Pokemon to start chaining with, since it's easier than a non-electric/steel Pokemon.

EDIT: Oh, chain is at 20 now. Hopefully I'll get more than 8 shinies and some good IVs this time.

Well, if we get a lot of people to do it, and it has good results, it would make sense that it works.

Also, I got a Shiny Voltorb on a chain of only 28... Does that mean I got him with the 1/8000 (or whatever it is) chance? Also, he was on a two-away, and thank God that he didn't break my chain. Oh, his IVs are:

Lonely #100 Voltorb: 18 / 14 / 0 / 23 - 25 / 19 - 22 / 18 - 21

The 0 in Defense screwed up my IV Check Code. :( And, I guess Lonely isn't too bad, since it's +Attack and -Defense, and Voltorb is only good for Speed anyways.

Shiny squares can't break your chain. Also, random (1/8192) shinies can't appear in shiny patches, or regular or flashing patches.

...A shiny patch broke my Absol chain yesterday...

It was a two-away. I walked into it, and there was a Shiny Absol, I caught it, and when I got back to the grass, there wasn't anymore of the music, and my chain had ended. (Looking at the app)

Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)