ORAS Ubers LolMe Stall team

Hey there!

I'm looking for some advice and recommendations for my Ubers Stall team. This team has given me some consistent results in the ladder and I would like to hear suggestions on how to make it better for the PS ladder. Thanks in advance!

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Recover
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Ice Beam

This is the pokemon I started building around. I mainly use this set as you would play a SubToxic Gliscor: comes in on something that can't touch it, set up a sub+toxic/outright toxic the switch and recover until the opponent dies. I use full speed to surprise the opponent with an extremely fast toxic and to speed tie with Mega-mence before a DD. HP investment gives an odd number as I recall helps with SR damage and leftovers.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Shadow Sneak
- Gyro Ball
- King's Shield
- Toxic

My main Xerneas' check and helps with toxic stall along Lugia. King's shield helps protecting it from damage, stalling turns on a statused mon and scouting. The 8 Atk investment has given me the 2HKO (gyro+shadow) in every Xerneas I've faced so I put the rest on special bulk so I haven't changed it.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail

Fully Spdef Groudon to switch on Kyogre, tank a +2 Moonblast/Focus Blast from Xerneas and some other special hits. I don't really feel comfortable using Preciples Blades so I run EQ, Lava Plume for the burn chance mainly and Dragon Tail to phase anything not named Xerneas. Running both EQ and Lava Plume allows me to play "mind-games" with random Klefkis.

Arceus- Ground (Arceus) @ Stone Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Judgment
- Defog

Ho-oh counter and Team's Defoger, Trollceus-Rock has achived some quick KOs on the likes of Salamence and Yveltal who are careless enough not to check its type. I'm using full Def to tank the EQs that roam the tier to kill Groudon and to switch into Ho-oh instead of the logical SdD that a set with WoW usually has. Defog to keep multiscale on Lugia and avoid damage on Yveltal.

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Sleep Talk
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Really my only offensive mon and late-game sweeper. Choice Scarf lets it outspeed almost the complete tier and usual scarfers. These 3 attacks give Xerneas nice coverage against the most common treats in the tier and Sleep Talk gives me a respectful check to Darkrai. I believe there are more optimized sets, giving Xerneas more bulk so any suggestion is appreciated.

Yveltal @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Taunt

Not really sure if it's a gimmick or not...I stole this idea from the PS user Wombology (thx!). It checks E-Killer and Arceus-Ghost, taunts SR users and racks up damage on physical attackers with SP+Rocky Helmet softing stuff for Xerneas revenge.

--------------

This team has been doing great so far and I've only struggled against Ferrothorn as the only thing that can reliably get rid of it is Groudon, the rest of my team hates the leech seed+protect combo. Wall-ceus has also given me headaches but hasn't been common in my experience.

Also Kyogre-Primal switching on Groudon is a problem as the origin pulse destroys anything in my team, so I have to rely on a going to Lugia and back to Groudon.

Name Elo GXE Glicko-1 COIL

45LolMe1593 84.6 1822 ± 43 --

PISTOLERO

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
Hello Lolme, it's nice to see another Ubers stall team in the RMT forums as it's a playstyle that many dislike, but is quite hard to build. You seem to have done faily well, understanding how stall in Ubers is built to an extent, and Primal Groudon on stall is an interesting idea as many stall teams tend not to appreciate Ferrothorn and other Steel-types, but I do have some suggestions.

Firstly, Yveltal and Xerneas seem rather out of place on this team. Choice Scarf users on stall teams can have their uses but you are usually better off using something that offers defensive synergy, and Yveltal seems to overlap hugely with Lugia, as they both check Swords Dance Arceus and Groudon, with Lugia usually doing it better. For this reason, I recommend you switch your Xerneas and Yveltal out for the following three Pokemon:

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Gyro Ball / Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Spikes / Toxic
- Protect

and

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Between these two Pokemon, you now have a cleric that heals off potential Toxics from your Lugia, and can also pass Wishes to Primal Groudon to restore its health. I think Moonblast is a better option than Toxic as it lets you deal fair damage to Arceus-Dark, meaning it cannot PP stall you (which it could easily do if you were to run Toxic over Moonblast). Clefable also checks Yveltal rather nicely, and can take on Darkrai ~to an extent~.

Ferrothorn covers your Kyogre weakness as it is a very solid check to Kyogre that cannot be Pursuit trapped and provides a large amount of utility. It also covers your weakness to Calm Mind Arceus-Rock, being able to outstall it with Leech Seed + an attack. Gyro Ball is more useful as it deals heavy damage to Calm Mind Latias and Latios, which Ferrothorn can take on itself if you run Gyro Ball, whereas Power Whip has more PP and importantly hits Primal Kyogre for heavy damage, meaning that Ferrothorn can win against Rest variants. Spikes allow you to pile huge pressure on your opponent as their switches will come with a very heavy price. Toxic is also usable as it lets you catch Ho-Oh and Primal Groudon switchins, Sableye switchins (should they not have Mega Evolved), and also generally spreads poison, which works very nicely.

You may also want to consider Blissey over Clefable, if so, here is the moveset and explanation. If you use Blissey instead of Clefable, you end up with some rather dirty movesets, however, although it is a very solid special wall. You can also consider using Clefable + Blissey, removing Primal Groudon, which would mean moving Stealth Rock to Ferrothorn. Blissey gives you a much easier time vs Darkrai, so is definitely worth considering

(F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Flamethrower
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

Blissey gives this team a counter to Palkia, which is not seen very often but nonetheless matches up very well against this team. It can also stall out Calm Mind Arceus formes with Wish+Protect and potentially Leech Seed support from Ferrothorn. Flamethrower + Leftovers lets it win against Mega Gengar 1v1, and also means that Ferrothorn cannot set up hazards on it for free. Blissey also Wishpasses to Primal Groudon, keeping it alive over the course of the match. Again, I can see a recurring issue here in that this team, while fairly status resistant, has no cleric. In order to keep Primal Groudon on this team, which seems to be what you had in mind, I recommend that you therefore also look closely at using Heal Bell on Blissey instead of Toxic. This is a very dirty fix but is the best that I can think of without replacing a third teammember. You will have to resort to PP stalling Calm Mind Arceus with the aid of Leech Seed, however.

________​

Some other changes:

Lugia should be running max bulk alongside a Bold nature and should run Whirlwind over Substitute. An EV spread of 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpDef will do it, although you can also run 96 Speed EVs to outspeed max speed neutral base 90s. Roost tends to be better than Recover as it removes the Ice, Electric and Rock weaknesses that Lugia has.

Aegislash should be running Pursuit over Shadow Sneak, this lets you Pursuit Mega Gengar so that it cannot trap your teammembers at will.

Lastly, if you want to run Bold Arceus-Rock, you should run 56 Speed EVs so that you can outspeed Adamant Rayquaza and OHKO it with Judgment. The huge amount of Defense investment works well in taking on Ho-Oh, which is why I won't recommend a change to 252+ Speed, as you have Lugia for Extremekiller Arceus too.

________​

I hope this rate helps you, and good luck! If you need any more explanation about how to fit Blissey and / or Clefable + Ferrothorn, don't hesitate to ask.

Hey there,
PISTOLERO and I shared ideas yesterday, but I wasn't able to post, since I had to sleep. Well I agree with Pistolero first of all, but I would like to see Mega Salamence in your team. The bulky Defog set seems to fit very well, because it allows your Arceus Rock to run Calm Mind, which means you get a wincondition. In case you add Mega Mence it seems rather redundant to run Yveltal, Mega Mence and Arceus Rock in one team, but it works. The problem about that core is, that Xerneas is a huge threat, so I would agree with Pistolero to use Clefable over Xerneas, which gives you a solid answer to Xerneas. Pursuit is really needed on Aegi, because your team is rather weak to Mega Gengar otherwise. Since Pistolero said any important points, there wasn't much I could add, except some different ideas, hope it improves the team for you.

Salamence (F) @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Body Slam
- Dragon Tail
- Roost

Clefable (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect

Thanks a lot guys!

I realized I wasn't playing full stall with my team as non of my battles lasted more than 40 turns, both Xerneas and Yveltal helped speeding up things. I didn't consider using a cleric since Aegis never stays on something that can burn it (Sableye, Groudon, Ho-oh...), Groudon only sets rocks and dies fast unless Ferro and my Lugia set is to fast that it always brings a sub before being toxic, but I'll be trying a more defensive approach by adding Ferro and Clefable as Pistolero suggested. I really wanted to try the Mega-mence and Arceus-Rock set that Steve Angello suggested but not adding Ferro would leave to much pressure on Lugia as a Wall (Groudon+Arceus+Kyogre) and no mence means that Arceus Rock most stay as defogger...I'll try to figure out how to add Mence and Calm mind Arceus-Rock.

So I'll be trying this team:

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Toxic
- Ice Beam

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Pusuit
- Gyro Ball
- King's Shield
- Toxic

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail

Arceus- Ground (Arceus) @ Stone Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Judgment
- Defog

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Gyro Ball / Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Spikes / Toxic
- Protect

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)