XY OU Let's play Dinocity, Bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been on and off of competitive battling since Gen 3. I tried to get back into it when weather teams were popular and Venusaur got good as fuck. I love seeing my favorite pokemon get good as fuck. So you can imagine my reaction when Sceptile got a Mega Evolution, with a shiny new Dragon typing. I thought he should have been Grass/Dragon from the start, but oh well.

Sceptile-Mega (M) @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leaf Storm

The star of my coterie. Mega Sceptile is a phenomenal special attacker with blazing speed and high special attack. He's made for this! I run Leaf Storm and Dragon Pulse for stab moves. I've been thinking about Energy Ball for its increased reliability and so I don't get my special attack dropped, but the power of Leaf Storm is too much to neglect. Focus Blast is for pesky Heatrans and HP Fire is for Magnezone and other steel types primarily.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Heatran was arguably the king of DP OU, and I think he is still a phenomenal pokemon. For this team, he gives the always welcome stealth rock support. He also carries toxic to help wear down some defensive threats and roar to cripple set up sweepers.Lava Plume is self-explanatory, just some STAB to help him out a bit. I recently had taunt, but I wanted to try roar instead. Which is better?

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Knock Off

Azumarill is a monster. Point Blank. It hits like a truck and has a phenomenal dual STAB of Water and Fairy. It helps me check dragons and other heatrans. Aqua Jet is Priority and Knock Off is always a great option for pokemon that can learn it. Play Rough and Waterfall speak for themselves.

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 148 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Roost

I think Latias might actually be fairly useless, and I am more than open to replacement ideas for her. As it stands, she is my hazard removal and obligatory dragon type. Draco Meteor hits like a truck and Thunderbolt helps with Water Types.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Scizor is always a great option. U-Turn helps me keep offensive momentum, and Bullet Punch and Superpower help me check some key threats, such as Azumaril and Tyranitar. Pursuit is simply to punish switches.

Sylveon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell

I think Sylveon might be out of place here, but I couldn't really think of anything else. Sylveon takes a lot of punishment and helps me keep my team healthy. I love Hyper Voice because it becomes Fairy due to pixilate and it gets past subs. I think it could definitely go, however.

I think my lack of experience may be the biggest threat here.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello.
Your descriptions are too short to fit the RMT rules requirements.
I encourage you to PM me an updated version of this team with beefed up descriptions, and if you're new to this, join the Mentor Program. I'll be unlocking this thread after that.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)