League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

Good read Jebus!

I actually like Chawy and Harleluyar :/ even if they are probably the worst players in the All-Stars lineup (bar Xiaoxiao maybe LOL), I'm a big fan of Harleluyar as he is the very reason I began playing in the jungle. They're from the number 2 team in our region for a reason, I wouldn't count them out, especially with Mistake there to back Chawy up.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Good article Jebus, only issue I had with it was that the final section of it (the "conclusions, predictions, etc.") was really lacking...of course it is impossible to predict which team will win, but an article on the all-star teams with a portion titled "predictions" is expected to actually have some predictions in it, just what you think will happen. No one's going to hold you to it if you are completely wrong haha, just say which matchups you think will go which way and by what margin.

I just had a thought: what if we took Shyvana's Flame Breath off of her E and made it a secondary cast on her ultimate similar to Riven's Wind Slash?

We could then give her a new E (jungle sustain or CC?) and make her Flame Breath feel way more awesome since it would be exclusively tied to being in Dragon Form.

Good article Jebus, only issue I had with it was that the final section of it (the "conclusions, predictions, etc.") was really lacking...of course it is impossible to predict which team will win, but an article on the all-star teams with a portion titled "predictions" is expected to actually have some predictions in it, just what you think will happen. No one's going to hold you to it if you are completely wrong haha, just say which matchups you think will go which way and by what margin.
Whoops. I had a section on my predictions, but it ended up being like 5 paragraphs long and I decided to cut it down drastically. Guess I forgot to edit the heading.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
I just had a thought: what if we took Shyvana's Flame Breath off of her E and made it a secondary cast on her ultimate similar to Riven's Wind Slash?

We could then give her a new E (jungle sustain or CC?) and make her Flame Breath feel way more awesome since it would be exclusively tied to being in Dragon Form.
You've posted some seriously shit things in your time, but damn this is not half bad.

RODAN

Banned deucer.

this is probably how im gonna play trundle from now on also fake ipl is my hero

also shyvanas ign is fantastic

Damn, this actually sounds cool.

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
so after a small patch on friday, since quinn patch, im finally able to play games again without disconnecting every minute. i decided to celebrate being playing a hella lot of aram games. shame riot decided to let me play again after the freljord event though :(

victory post~

Heya guys, not been here for a long while (2 years but I remember a few of you). I play league a mainly after work now and it would be sick to see if any of you are about on EUW.

I gots a question: for those of us that played competitive Pokemon, is there a correlation between favorite types of teams (stall, HO, entry hazards, the classic eliminate threats and sweep) and favorite champions/types of champions? i.e. do stall players like playing Cho'Gath/Shen/Rammus or HO players like playing assassins like Zed/Leblanc?.
I like stallish balance teams the most while theorycrafting PKMN --> I enjoy support AP mids like orianna/anivia. control over opponent options in PKMN through limiting switches/forcing risky behavior is similar to utility and zoning in LoL. but its often easier to win in both games (in solo queue, or vs non-ladder people who actually know what they're doing) with riskier options - more damage oriented champs or teams that rely more on prediction and offensive game control. so ideal and practical both sort of mirror each other.

7-3.. and into silver kassadin mauraderers. i dont know if i should be happy or mad
kassadin marauder is where all the cool kids got their start =]

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/20/4349382/papa-johns-esports-promotion

From today through May 27, eSports fans can head to pizza.gg and click through to the Papa John's website in support of the eSports players, teams and leagues of their choice, even for individual games. That includes organizations like Team Liquid and Evil Geniuses, and players like djWheat, for games such as League of Legends and Dota 2. They'll receive 50 percent off a pizza by entering the promo code "PIZZAGG."

Heya guys, not been here for a long while (2 years but I remember a few of you). I play league a mainly after work now and it would be sick to see if any of you are about on EUW.
A large majority of us, if not all, are on NA. That's because most of us are, indeed, (North) Americans or Aussies who don't have their own server anyway. I know there's a couple EUW players but I don't know if they play on NA to socialize with everyone else or just quit or whatever.

Even if you suck dick at quinn, do the shittiest build on her ever (2 other ADCs on my team, Soraka, and Rumble=tanky quinn), and play ARAM, you can still get a penta because it's ARAM so everybody goes full yolo mode.

To be fair their team was just as squish as ours. But who cares.

I gots a question: for those of us that played competitive Pokemon, is there a correlation between favorite types of teams (stall, HO, entry hazards, the classic eliminate threats and sweep) and favorite champions/types of champions? i.e. do stall players like playing Cho'Gath/Shen/Rammus or HO players like playing assassins like Zed/Leblanc?

I guess I'll start. I never really had a favorite type of Pokemon team but I really liked teams that took advantage of misplays and proper switching. That relates to me playing champions that have CC to catch people out of position, like TF, Diana, Blitzcrank, etc.
I LIKE ALL IN TEAMS WHERE YOU WIN IN FIVE TURNS

ZED

KHA'ZIX

ZED

NOCTURNE

ZED

HECARIM

ZED

LEBLANC

ZED

LEE SIN

ZED

DO DIVE MOTHERFUCKERS

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I gots a question: for those of us that played competitive Pokemon, is there a correlation between favorite types of teams (stall, HO, entry hazards, the classic eliminate threats and sweep) and favorite champions/types of champions? i.e. do stall players like playing Cho'Gath/Shen/Rammus or HO players like playing assassins like Zed/Leblanc?
For me personally - I play a lot of stall in Pkmn. In ubers. Well, uber stall w/ slightly more aggressive pkmn I guess than just 5 walls and a spiker. In league I tend to favor tanky, close to mid range APs such as Ryze, Diana, and Lissandra (well she's not rly tanky but she's got enough survivability). Worth noting is that all 3 of these champs have an instant CC spell. I enjoy closer, teamfight-centered games than snowbally ones.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Am I the only one feeling like I got no role, no favorite type of champ ?
However, I'm super aggressive and I like to dominate my opponent, I believe it's coming from my confidence in my laning skills (since LoL's laning is really simple). I'm the type of player, doing a big impressive play, then right after, getting greedy as fuck or failing miserably an action. But one thing for sure, I piss people off as hard as I can during the laning phase (yes, if there is that big wave coming to your turret, i'll dive you and die along with you, muahahaha).
And I play HO :D

I don't remember when, but a pro player said that there were two type of players :
- Aggressive players, early game based. The team needs to let them rule the decisions during the early game, because the plays make the early go round.*
- Passive players, late game based. The team needs them to take decisions late game, and contain aggressive players' fervour. Because in late, those risky plays are toxic for the team's sake.

This was how the team was supposed to work, letting their 3 aggressive players do calls in early, then the 2 other passive ones in late while the aggressive players had to remain silent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)