League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Ehhh, considering Nocturne can farm indefinitely at 14% lifesteal and 23 damage, I actually could see a bloodthirster working out if it's rushed. It's definitely an interesting possibility, especially considering Nocturne can jungle with the Vampiric Scepter as a starting item.

I'll check it out and bring back results.

i love lonelyness' zilean mentality - let your lane partner get all the farm and die for the team

why can't more supports play like this instead of trying to get kills (i'll admit though, i play ap sona all the time and i usually carry with 20 soulstealer stacks)

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Thing is you can carry like crazy with Sona, and by stacking 20 you can also heal like a madman. Granted, I don't know if she can heal as much any more (that was the worst change to her).

Zilean can deal a ton of damage though too.

TheValkyries

People don't play supports (and tanks for that matter) like that because they get raged at as feeders in low ELO, so they never learn to properly play the role.

Tried the Bloodthirster, and it was good, but not overwhelmingly fitting. I've since switched to the Executioner's Calling, and gone with a straigt DPS build (no bulky item like a banshee's or whatnot) and realized you can get to 100% crit with something like 220+ AD and nearly 2.5 attack speed with your W proc'd, or your Youmuu's active, 2.0 otherwise. Hit's like a goddamn truck.

It really made me see Nocturne more as an Anti-Carry/DPS champ rather than a carry that everyone's been playing him as, and his kit fits that role perfectly. Being able to jump to their carry even if he hangs at the back of a fight, fearing him for 2 seconds, stopping their CC and chasing them down with the trail, all the while cutting through them like butter with the fuel-injected nuclear warheads you've put on your arms.

just carried a game as jungle jarvan...incredibly tiring game. every team fight i had to strive to keep the ninjas off malzahar, and i usually had to ult shen before the fight even started to do that. i think an important thing to learn when you're playing a bulky dps champion is to realise that you are bulky before dps, and you should protect your carry and mages as such. that game was really an eye-opener for me.

also realise that they're not as overpowered as you think, they really fall lategame because tanks tank better and pure dps champions dps better. lategame irelia and i were the only ones left because our damage became negligible compared to malz, so we just shifted into the tank role

...Did the enemy Shen go 7/4/18 and have six boots the whole game, or was that a late game development?

Tried a game with spell pen Vlad. Worked excellently, I think I'll use this build now.

he bought six boots after i anally raped him with my spear and pushed his nexus by myself

anyway i'm going to stress this as a lesson for anybody playing normal queue or solo queue in ranked - place your self-preservation above all else, if your champion is one that has a chance of carrying. it's all fine and dandy to go rambo on the enemy team, but only if you live. being alive means you don't hand the enemy gold, you have an opportunity to farm more gold, you can attack and defend towers, and you can go for map objectives like dragon and buffs. and only YOU can trust yourself to do these things. if you're playing a tank or support, hard luck, but still remember that you do a lot more good alive than dead.

i died twice. the first death was because akali tower dived me once she saw i was on low health with oracles on. naturally, she died afterwards. the second death was from when i got focused in a team fight (once again because i got oracles), my team mopped up that team fight obviously

i guess if you do really well with a more offensive tank such as jarvan or malphite then you can afford to do stuff like buy oracles, since you know you're probably not going to get focused and killed, and if you are, your team will have a massive advantage anyway. a friend of mine solo queues with malphite (when he's not banned) and destroys every time because the enemy team focuses him for doing well.

TheValkyries

Maokai guide on indefinite hiatus hurr durrr... Neither me nor my friend care enough right now to write it out.

Been trying out Nasus recently, and his ability to press Q to win is just utterly hilarious. It's so fun watching things run up to team fights, get nuked, and not understand why.

I'm raging. I really am. WHY OH WHY does that random pub Akali have a Rageblade? It's terrible on her. And boots of swiftness against Shen/Sion/Malz/Irelia? First of all she doesn't need the extra speed cause of Rylai's slow, and you guys had a good amount of CC that merc treads would've been infinitely better. DON'T GET SWIFTNESS ON AKALI DAMNIT! Also, why the fuck does she have a B.F. sword? Maybe if her dumb ass got a banshees and a GA they could've won.

Ok....sorry for the raging rant, but I hate it when people play my main incorrectly...at least she got half the build right.

AKALI'S PASSIVE PLUS Q MEANS I NEED TO BUILD AD INSTEAD OF RUNING FOR AD HURRR DURR

AKALI IS HYBRID NOT AP DURRRRRR

SHROUD MAKES ME INVISIBLE AND INVISIBLE MEANS I CAN AUTOATTACK JARVAN DERP

This looks like a fun thread :3

I'm Amadaun the 0th (thats a zero, not an o) on the American servers, and I main Tristana.
She is a very temperamental toon to play as, but she is GOD in 3v3 matches.
Late game, wall-hop with W, rape building with Q, and either Ult enemy champs away and finish, or W/Flash back over/through wall.
If you have both up, you can also kite them out and around their walls and hop back inside.
This upsets people, though.

Derp:
Amadaun the 0th
Not Amadaunt. My apologies for the typo.

i love lonelyness' zilean mentality - let your lane partner get all the farm and die for the team

why can't more supports play like this instead of trying to get kills (i'll admit though, i play ap sona all the time and i usually carry with 20 soulstealer stacks)
This, this, a million times this. Whenever I play Janna, you max your E first, then W, then Q. Give your carry the farm, you don't need it. Die for the team, don't get kills - your death actually gives them less gold than a regular champion's death, especially your carry on a 5-kill streak.

By the way, I recently played my 7th ranked game and got my 6th ranked win - I'm 1424 ELO now, and the game I played was actually decently good (no feeders or anything).

I went 0/6 as Amumu, but I tanked like such a boss for my team. Upwards of 20 assists.

Also, new Ryze is good early game but still dies quickly when focused regardless of his Frozen Heart/Banshee's Veil.

Amadaunt: I'll drop you a request when I get home. :)

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I just started playing this recently and it seems good, so I'm probably gonna stick at it. I'm not great since I've only been playing since sunday, but I'm learning. Playing as Nunu at the moment, if anyone has any advice or guides that they can link to I'd appreciate it. I am a fast learner.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Nunu has to, has to Jungle. He is awful otherwise. But I only just started jungling as Nunu, so Jebus probably has all the best tips.

AKALI'S PASSIVE PLUS Q MEANS I NEED TO BUILD AD INSTEAD OF RUNING FOR AD HURRR DURR

AKALI IS HYBRID NOT AP DURRRRRR

SHROUD MAKES ME INVISIBLE AND INVISIBLE MEANS I CAN AUTOATTACK JARVAN DERP
OH YOU DO NOT WANT TO GET ME STARTED.

All scrub Akali's engage than immediately shroud and herp derp in it. And than when they actually NEED to escape they got nothing.

/rage

AP is the more viable and the more common but AD/tank sion completely rolls face late game

he gets so farmed, has so much health, does so much damage, and heals his entire team

Sapphire Crystal
Sheen
Berserker's Greaves/Mercury's Treads/Boots of Mobility
Infinity Edge
Warmog's Armor
Atma's Impaler

Sheen is non-core, you can actually sell it if you want to. Alternatively you can build Trinity Force out of it, but it's not mandatory.

You should never build straight AD, but rather crit/tank just because his Enrage gives him passive AD and the health gain is great with Atma's Impaler. Core on him would be:
I-Edge, Warmog's, Atma's, Boots

Good finishing items are:
-Youmuu's Ghostblade (Armor pen, crit chance, AS, speed)
-Phantom Dancer (Speed, crit chance, AS)
-Trinity Force (Speed, crit chance, on-hit procs, slow, beefiness)

I would say go the Ghostblade just because of how fast and powerful it makes you, as the ArP really helps.

Defensive items include:
-Force of Nature
-Banshee's Veil
-Sunfire Cape
-Randuin's Omen

K, I'm back to having regular LoL access, so I'll add everyone here soon if you guys don't mind.

Played Caitlyn last night, and I might actually buy her. If I want to play Ranged Carries, I'm stuck with the champs that I can lasthit with, since I'm pretty bad at lasthitting for my level of play. With Caitlyn, though, I find it easy to farm.

Okay, I'd like to make a little advertisement/announcement here.

I've seen how successful CAP is and how fun it can be for the community, so we at MOBAFire are attempting the same thing with a League of Legends champion. Create-A-Champion is underway and we'd love it if more members participated, so I would figure that the Smogon community, veterans of CAP, would be more than familiar with the process and what is considered necessary and constructive for a good final outcome.

Right now we're on step 2, the Role discussion, where we will determine what kind of champion CAC 1 will be - melee, ranged, support, tank, etc. The concept has already been decided.

Anyway, I would really appreciate it if some of you guys came over and made helpful suggestions and got involved in the project, because you have more experience than they do with the process and would be very helpful in discussion, ESPECIALLY regarding which direction the polls go in.

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-l...item-ideas/cac-1-part-2a-role-discussion-3319

Thanks!

as great of an idea as that is, without some way to implement and test these champions there isn't much point (unless riot checks out mobafire?)

anyway, am back to more or less regular LoL access and will slowly start adding you

sounds fantastic jeebz, i'll be over to make a few posts soon!

mtr said:
K, I'm back to having regular LoL access, so I'll add everyone here soon if you guys don't mind.

Played Caitlyn last night, and I might actually buy her. If I want to play Ranged Carries, I'm stuck with the champs that I can lasthit with, since I'm pretty bad at lasthitting for my level of play. With Caitlyn, though, I find it easy to farm.
read: THORNS FUCKED OVER BOT LANE, DENIED JARVAN AND AKALI ANYTHING RESEMBLING EXPERIENCE OR GOLD, ATTAINED 14 SOULSTEALER STACKS AS SONA AND HAD MORDEKAISER SHITTING HIS PANTS AT TOP WHENEVER I WENT MIA

AP CARRY SONA BUILD
IONIAN BOOTS OF LUCIDITY - THEY MAKE YOU FLY LIKE A G6 AND THE MORE YOU CAN PRESS Q THE MORE YOU WILL KILL
LICH BANE - YOUR STACCATO WILL DO LIKE A BILLION DAMAGE ROFL
MEJAI'S SOULSTEALER - PUSSY OUT IF YOU THINK YOU'RE IN ANY FORM OF DANGER, KS WITH YOUR Q, SHEEN PROCS AND POWER CHORD AND EVEN ULTIMATE IF YOU HAVE TO TO BUILD YOUR STACKS
ARCHANGEL'S STAFF - YOU MAY FACEROLL TO BUILD POWER CHORD NOW, AND ONLY FACEROLL TO BUILD POWER CHORD. YOU WILL NOT USE YOUR W EXCEPT TO HEAL YOURSELF, THE TEAM HEALING IS JUST SO YOUR TEAM DOESN'T GET MAD AT YOU. YOU WILL ONLY USE YOUR E IF YOU YOURSELF NEED IT, YOU WILL NOT USE IT TO HELP YOUR TEAM CHASE
RABADON'S DEATHCAP - YOUR Q DOES A BILLION ZILLION DAMAGE WHAO
DEATHFIRE GRASP - YOU NEED THE GOLD FROM THE LUCKY PICK AND IT HAS CDR TO SPAM Q MORE AND A SECONDARY NUKE

IF SONA WAS A MAN I WOULD SHIT MY PANTS BECAUSE SHE PLAYS INCREDIBLY MANLY, MORE MANLY THAN XIN ZHAO OR CHO'GATH
BUT SHE HAS BOOBS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)