Entertainment Leadership Dojo: How To Be A Gym Leader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qwilphish

when everything you touch turns to gold
In the Main-Series games and Anime, Gym Leaders are considered to be the strongest trainer in their respective gym. However, becoming a Gym Leader and maintaining position as a gym is difficult and intimidating for the up and coming trainer to even know where to start. That is where this article comes in! It will explain all of the characteristics of a Gym Leader, to their responsibilities, to their requirements, and how to become one in the first place. This article will be a comprehensive guide to how great Gym Leaders are created and how not-so great Gym Leaders become so (*coughcough*Jasmine*coughcough*).

For example of how to become a Gym Leader: You must choose a specialty type. Or, You must create a suitable Gym so Pokemon of your respective type can thrive.

Thank you for taking the team to reading and considering my article and I can't wait to hear the verdict of whether or not it is approved!

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I like the angle you're taking to this. Layell has already plowed through the leaders we're already familiar with, but the process behind those gyms has yet to be thoroughly inspected, so I see some good potential in this idea. Other questions to answer could be:
  • How does one become the new leader of an already existing gym? What protocol is there to follow when two gyms are competing about the same city?
  • How do you make your gym acknowledged by the Elite Four? Are there unofficial gyms?
  • Is it wise to pick a type where the local fauna leaves trainers an opportunity to get an upper hand? How limited is a gym's difficulty by the wild pokemon's level outside town?

Regardless if you will consider my suggestions or not, I'm giving this the green light. We'll see if others agree. :V

Qwilphish

when everything you touch turns to gold
Thank you so much for the approval, Bummer! I will definitely make mention of those points as well. However, does the last part mean that I need to wait for another approval until I can join the Workshop?

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I left the thread open for a while longer to see if anyone had more thoughts to share, but since no one has spoken up, I will consider that a silent approval. Apply for The Smog Access here, mention my name as reason, and we'll see that you get into the workshop and can start working on your article!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)