Tournament LCPL 7 - Week 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
LCPL 7
Week 7

STANDINGS SPREADSHEET

It's the final week of the regular season! Even if your team is out you should bust your ass to raise your personal stock or cause a shift in the rankings, and don't forget: NO POST NO WIN

1528697019260.png

Squirtle Squad (4) vs Pinochetian Pikipeks (4)

SM: Dundies vs dcae
SM: OP vs fitzy72
SM: Jox vs miltankmilk
SM: Hamhamhamham vs Shrug
SM: GOAO vs LilyAC
XY: majaspic22 vs Diego Maradona
BW: Serene Grace vs Real FV13
DPP: Eseque vs Imanalt

1528697023970.png

Pakistani Piplups (5) vs Snivy Subterfuge (3)

SM: Ninjadog13 vs Merritt
SM: teal6 vs ItzViper482
SM: Simbo vs DBW
SM: BurntZebra vs EternalSnowman
SM: Kingler12345 vs Gummy
XY: Corporal Levi vs Spl4sh
BW: Finchinator vs Kaboom
DPP: shiloh vs rssp1

1528697027997.png

The Remoraiders (1) vs Stuntin' Stunkys (5)

SM: Kaori vs Hawkie
SM: Fille vs Luthier
SM: SilentMango vs Plas
SM: Osh vs robjr
SM: infamy vs pinktidal
XY: Holiday vs zeriloa
BW: lighthouses vs tcr
DPP: TheFenderStory vs Nails

1528697031546.png

Ducklett Dynasty (3) vs Bunnelby Battalion (4)

SM: MajorBowman vs passion
SM: KingKdot vs FLCL
SM: Kushalos vs lax
SM: fran17 vs taranteeeno
SM: jake vs himeringo
XY: blarajan vs Fiend
BW: Tricking vs tazz
DPP: Heysup vs trash

Matches completed: 29/32

DPP matches can be Bo3 if both players agree.

Deadline is June 17rd @ 11:59pm EST.

As always lemme know if I fucked something up.​

Last edited:

Melon

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Predictions, done slightly different this time. Due to there only being one important team matchup this week, I'll only be predicting those games. And DPP games because I like those.

Squirtle Squad (1) vs Pinochetian Pikipeks (7)

SM: Dundies vs dcae - Holy shit. This couldn't be much better. Arguably the two best players on their team fighting to grab the playoff spot for themselves. Both of these players are obviously very skilled and getting to watch them try their hardest to get their team the win against the other is going to be awesome to watch. Dundies first showed that he was capable of dropping a game last week when he had a shaky performance against BurntZebra, and dcae has had moments where he's failed to step up, such as when he failed to clinch a tie for his team when he lost to Plas for the final game in Week 1. While neither of them are perfect, they are both incredibly skilled players and the difference in this battle will be motivation. Dcae is the more motivated player. Dcae will help lead his team to the playoffs by supporting his team in the background, and by stealing this win in a close, important game.

SM: OP vs fitzy72 - While losing the the back-to-back LCPL champion teal6 in his first loss of the season wasn't the best look for OP, he has been having a stellar season. He's 5-1 so far and has been assisting his team to the point that they are at. Along with all of this, he just won the LC Spring Seasonal today and is looking good. Fitzy is obviously a solid player, but his 2-4 record this season and the fact that he is yet to play a single game of SM LC at the LCPL level makes me believe that he isn't going to be able to stand up to OP easily.

SM: Jox vs miltankmilk - This has been and underwhelming LCPL for both of these players. Jox is one of the most widely loved players in the entire community and he was expected to do fairly well going into the season, but has only managed a 2-3 record so far. Milk went 6-1 last year and did phenomenally, but has only managed a 2-2 game record so far this year. Both of these players should definitely feel like they have something to prove going into this game. I'm not sure if either of these players are motivated to play, but I think that Milk has the better mentality going into the game and is less likely to misplay as the game progresses. Jox obviously has a very high ceiling, with his potential matchup advantage and his solid playing ability, but his lack of ability to consistently tap into those traits are what prevent him from having the upper hand in this match.

SM: Hamhamhamham vs Shrug - Shrug has been having a rough time. While he hasn't had the best LCPL, getting that win against Osh last week has got to be a good feeling and should help mentally for this week. Ham is 1-3 against decent competition so far, and has shown hes competent in LC, but I think this could be a week where he struggles. Shrug is aggressive and always looking to make a play, and I think in important games like this one that could very well be the trait that allows Shrug to take the game.

SM: Rodriblutar vs Chill Shadow - Chill Shadow has been having an excellent year so far, just losing for the first time all LCPL last week, while Rodri has been having a bit of a tougher time. Rodri is 1-3 so far and is likely not significantly more invested than Chill Shadow is into LCPL, so this ground is hard to make up. Chill Shadow has clearly had more success in LC and Rodri likely won't put in the effort to gain that advantage back somehow, so it's hard to justify not giving this game to Chill Shadow.

XY: majaspic22 vs Diego Maradona - BA is back and he's playing well, going 2-1 so far and clutching up in a game against Holiday last week that could have been important if activity had not been a factor in the week. On the other hand, Majas has been having a rough season. Majas is 2-4 and has lost the last two weeks, and has been generally under preforming this season. This prediction is actually pretty clear cut for me as BA has just been out preforming Majas recently and it's tough to argue against BA's solid performances the short time he has been playing in LCPL this year.

BW: Serene Grace vs Real FV13 - Serene Grace is one of the only two undefeated players remaining in LCPL right now, and he is going to lose to this 2-2 Brazilian mastermind of a player. Frankly, I think that the Pikipeks are going to be able to make Serene's lack of BW depth an issue this game. Serene knew very little about BW before this LCPL and has a limited scope of ideas, and I believe that the Pikipeks and Real FV13 are going to be able to accurately attack and abuse that this week. Serene is the better player between the two in my opinion, but I don't think Serene is going to be able to escape his lack of experience in the tier and FV13 is going to steal this.

DPP: Eseque vs Imanalt - Out of every DPPer I've looked over this season Imanalt was probably the player whose teams I enjoyed the most. They aren't exactly the kind of teams I would build, but when I saw them in games I would understand them and I found his process and consistencies interesting. Imanalt plays calmly and well, and even if his 2-3 record is only mildly better than Eseque's 2-4 record I find it extremely difficult to justify choosing Eseque to win this game. I've watched every single LCPL DPP game this year, and Eseque is yet to thoroughly impress me. In a tier with no team preview and a typically linear game plan for most teams, he somehow comes off as an unusually straight forward player. Imanalt is the better DPPer between these two, and Imanalt should be able to win this game without huge amounts of trouble.

I know that predicting a 7-1 finish between two closely matched teams in an important week seems odd, especially considering many of these games are close, but I think that where is a clear difference between the two. The Pikipeks want to win much more than the Squirtles do. That's it. If you've chatted at all about LCPL with anyone on either team recently I think it's very noticeable that every Pikipek player really wants this comeback to happen and are constantly talking shit and finding how they can get into playoffs. I haven't gotten nearly the same vibes from the Squirtles, and at this point I think it's too late for them. The Pikipeks just want it more, and fortunately for them I think that they are the team that will have the great honor of getting deflated by the Piplups in the semifinals.

Bonus DPP Games:

DPP: shiloh vs rssp1 - Rssp is mad cute and has good potential in DPP, but much of his strength comes from having good knowledge on his competitors. Rozes is significantly harder to get a clear advantage on than Rssp's previous opponents, and Rssp wasn't able to manage a win either of those games so I have to side with Rozes here.

DPP: TheFenderStory vs Nails - Fender was making play after play against Fitzy last week, while Nails was just busy being the newest Passion victim. It's possibly some recency bias, but I think that if Fender puts any effort into building for this week and this player specifically he will come out on top, even if Nails is the better player between the two.

Luthier

Don’t get mad, get even.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
won gg. s/o Dundies for the team.
also i would like to thank Sken and tcr for drafting me. As a 3k pick u guys weren't expecting much out of me. But i really am glad that i was able to play for u guys. I had some fricking amazing teammates that always made being a part of the team so much fun. really does mean a lot.

until next year pce! Stunkies will be back :)

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Hate to do this, especially bc I don't think Kaboom intended to john/miss etc., but...

We scheduled for yesterday 4-5pm EST and I was on that entire range and a bit longer, but he did not pop up until afterwards and it was too late to play. I told him I would be able to play at the same 4pm time today, but not much later, and on Sunday at scattered times (I will be busy hosting people at my house tomorrow and at a work orientation then in the city on Saturday). He said he cannot play on Sunday as he has work, but that he will be on today because he has another tournament match. He has not logged on today at all yet and it is 20 minutes past the time, which I said I cannot stay much later than. If he is able to play at some random time later tonight I may be able to, but otherwise Sunday is my only stable, computer activity and seeing as he has work then and he missed two times, consider this an activity post.

VM is here.

Well, as the season is over i will make some shoutouts

dcae Shrug - You guys both one of my favorites friends in LC, i feel bad i just joined the team during midseason, i could have done more, but thank you for giving me the opportunity even tho I dont feel to have the value you both give me. thank you all on this as well

Real FV13 - Man, you prolly the guy I like the most on smogon, being on the same team as you like almost always xD, hope to have the opportunity for the next time.

Imanalt - Man, you one of the coolest dude all over the fucking Earth, I just love you, for real.

Casparov - I think you have the potential to be SPL level dude in a near future, i want to see more from you, but I love everything I already saw, you :goat:.

fitzy72 - You such a good dude, I'm feeling bad you underachieved cause you ultra dedicated, I used to dislike you, but from now, you have a friend, wish you all the best

LilyAC - You are a huge tryhard and I can see the way you being working, keep doing and you will be on the same level as the best in this tiers. Good luck

Chill Shadow miltankmilk Shiba Arifeen - I'm not very close to you guys, but you all look nice people and all take that tour seriously, I appreciate all you guys have being done to this squad.

THANK YOU ALL PIKIPEKS, IT IS BEING A PLEASURE AND I WISH TO PLAY ONE MORE TEAM TOUR WITH ANY OF YOU GUYS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)