Tournament LCPL 7 - Semi-Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
LCPL 7
Semi-Finals

STANDINGS SPREADSHEET

WE'RE ALMOST DONE. Finally...

vssmall.png

[#1] Pakistani Piplups (5) vs [#4] Ducklett Dynasty (3)

SM: Ninjadog13 vs Heysup
SM: Kingler12345 vs jake
SM: Corporal Levi vs Eternal Spirit
SM: BurntZebra vs Kushalos
SM: Simbo vs Tricking
XY: teal6 vs blarajan
BW: Finchinator vs fran17
DPP: shiloh vs Kink

vssmall.png

[#2] Bunnelby Battalion (3) vs [#3] Squirtle Squad (5)

SM: FLCL vs Jox
SM: tko vs Dundies
SM: Lycans vs Rodriblutar
SM: ggggd vs OP
SM: trash vs Hamhamhamham
XY: himeringo vs majaspic22
BW: Void vs Serene Grace
DPP: passion vs Eseque

Matches completed: 16/16

DPP matches can be Bo3 if both players agree.

Deadline is June 24th @ 11:59pm EST.

As always lemme know if I fucked something up.​

Last edited by a moderator:

Sken

feet of clay
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
i already talked to you guys in the discord but i just wanted people to know i'm really happy for having drafted all of you, you guys were an amazing group and it was a fun season. things almost never went our way but there was a lot of positivity during the whole tour. i'm not making individual shoutouts cause there's no point but shoutouts to tcr for doing this with me i love you buddy and shoutouts to pinktidal for being the first 7-0 player for 3k in lcpl history (i think?? prove me wrong) through 3 different generations great job pinkman.

good luck to all of you in the future, much love stunkies :heart:

and i guess i'm rooting for the piplups cause i'm basically a levi team member for life but i like all the teams in playoffs so good luck!!!

i might or might not do predicts later :pimp:

Holiday

on my best behavior
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
SM: Kingler12345 vs Jake should be a fire match
SM: soulgazer vs Tricking

Hate predicting a tie and potential tie but these teams all look ab even and were clearly the best teams going into LCPL. Good luck to everyone still in, go squirtle squad

dcae

plaza athénée
is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
since i enjoy melon's predicts decided to do my own

SM: Ninjadog13 vs Heysup - Ninjadog has been somewhat of a revelation ig and if levi is to be believed he's the next great lcer. Notably destroying renowned lc puppeteer trash in a circuit tour, ninja is one of the best new lcers and should not be underestimated by any means. However, heysup's lengthy lc experience and veteran builds might throw ninja off his game and keep heysup winning. This is much closer than many think and could go either way - one of the key games to decide finalists

SM: Kingler12345 vs Jake - Two of the best lcers in usm and veteran users and this should hopefully be a great game. Both started out impressively this lcpl before zeb encountered misfortune. Accounting for kinglers skill and good fortune this lcpl which have helped him to an undefeated record, i have to give the edge to him, although i would not be surprised if zeb wins either.

SM: Corporal Levi vs Eternal Spirit - Levis looked very solid this lcpl and has adapted to usm with no problems whatsoever, seeing as he is also in the finals of swiss. ES hasnt looked as comfortable since his sm run to open finals and his lcpls been up and down, i think this one should be a decisive win by levi.

SM: BurntZebra vs Kushalos - A true 50/50 in my eyes, with zebra having put in a superb showing throughout lcpl including a great win over dundies, while kushalos is an experienced player who has demonstrated creative builds and excellent playing as well. One of the better games these semis will have.

SM: soulgazer vs Tricking - Despite a shaky showing immediately after mids, tricking seems to be returning to form while soulgazer's not looked like anything special so far. Should be a close one but expect a tricking victory. Basically a must win if duckletts want to pass this round.

XY: teal6 vs blarajan - Though blarajan has started winning again, teal recently had a relatively dominant victory over op, who has been playing the best lc of anyone in the past few months in usm. Also another close one, a common trend throughout this series, but with the edge going to the player with the more impressive win.

BW: Finchinator vs fran17 - Finch has looked completely at home in lc in multiple gens and frans hot start cooled off in the 2nd half of the season. Finch's experience in bw in general as well as the piplups team support should help him win this one.

DPP: shiloh vs Kink - Unsure as to whether this is true but i believe this will be a game decided by superior prep. look to see levis influence on shiloh's team and a heysup team for kink. If this is not decided via matchup, then shiloh's good showing in dpp so far makes me lean towards his win. As always, this is a coinflip tier so who really knows anything.

piplups v ducks - Ducks surprised most with their early qualification into playoffs and knowing the quality of their players will likely turn this into a competitive series. It is difficult for me to see the piplups lose this one considering their dominance in the regular seasons, however their only loss was to the ducks, and with good prep, ducks could win the 50/50 games and come up with the upset.

----------------

SM: FLCL vs Jox - This may be a surprising prediction but jox's creative builds, which have sometimes crossed the line into bad, may be a difference maker considering flcl's unfamiliarity with nonstandard lc sets. If jox manages to employ his creativity in a solid build, expect him to pull out the win, but if this is a more standard matchup, flcl's superior experience should allow him the win despite his inconsistency during the lcpl regular season.

SM: tko vs Dundies - Dundies has proven that despite attempting to quit multiple times and not actually playing much lc, he is still one of the top 5 lcers in usm. Though his commitment has been questioned a lot recently, he has come through with critical lcpl wins, including 1 against me, and has demonstrated versatile builds with creative sets. Tko has been undefeated for since the beginning of lcpl6 but his only sm win this season was in a week where the win had already been sealed. His lack of much playing may impact his consistency, but he is still an elite player. This should be a very close game. I believe dundies has the edge but would not be surprised at all if tko preps properly and wins this.

SM: Lycans vs Rodriblutar - Both are good players who are not known for their lc metagame knowledge and both have had their ups and downs throughout this lcpl season. This will be an interesting game to watch as i see whoever's team support preps better will have a decisive edge that will win this.

SM: ggggd vs OP - OP has been lc's best player in usm and recently won ssnl while pablos been relatively uninvested in lc in comparison. However, pablo is still an incredibly elite player and has been dominant in the lcpl games he's played. This should be the best game of the semifinals and could legitimately go either way, i am a big fan of both players and i look forward to this game.

SM: trash vs Hamhamhamham - Trash's not played sm for a while afaik but he's been the best builder in usm and is a good player despite his lcpl record, while ham's not been nearly as convincing performance-wise. Should be the first decisive win for the burmys.

XY: himeringo vs majaspic22 - Queenlucy has performed superbly since mids despite some unluckiness, and is the only player to defeat the great Brazilian Army in xy. Majas on the other hand has not looked nearly as sharp as most expected pre-lcpl. I would be very surprised if majas wins this.

BW: Void vs Serene Grace - Serenes record is a shiny 6-1 but he has relied a lot on the same double rush team, something that was exposed in his one loss in the regular season. It will be interesting to see whether he has the bw knowledge to supplement his double rush spamming with other solid builds, but considering the superior bw support that void will have, it is difficult for me to see serene winning this one.

DPP: passion vs Eseque - Passion has looked very solid in dpp playingwise and demonstrated a good grasp on the metagame, and melon has provided the clearly best dpp support all lcpl. Eseque meanwhile limped to a losing record in dpp, in which he lucked poor imanalt with an impossible max roll crit to get the squirtles into playoffs. He hasn't shown an adaptive ability similiar to passion and melon and without luck i don't see how he will be able to defeat lcpl7s most dominant dppers.

burmys v squirtles - Ngl i didnt think this would be a close series at all before the matchups were released, seeing as burmys are borderline elite at every possible slot. However, the matchups have fallen in the most ideal way possible for the squirtles, with two of the best burmys having to play the op/dundies sm duo. If both of them successfully win and prep well enough for the other sm slots, they could overcome the massive disadvantage they have in old gens. If majas displays the form everyone expected from him and serene in fact does have expert bw teambuilding skills, the squirtles can definitely win this one. However, the slightest misstep by them will cost them the series, because the burmys are too stacked and will not make mistakes.

overall some great great highlight matches to look forward to.

Last edited:

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

pablo/OP and tko/dundies are mega highlights, and i think it'd be crazy if queen lost too. looking forward to basically all the SM matchups. especially trash's game because i love trash

kingler and i are gonna play on friday maybe probably?? idk he didn't respond after i messaged him again, so we'll see

go ducks!!

Wow there are some good matches here, have fun guys!
SM: Ninjadog13 vs Heysup - if he cares I guess
SM: Kingler12345 vs Jake
SM: Corporal Levi vs Eternal Spirit - one of the best matches of this series
SM: BurntZebra vs Kushalos - if I remember well he was lc open finalist so..
BW: Finchinator vs fran17 - this will be close
DPP: shiloh vs Kink - no idea

SM: FLCL vs Jox - this kid is a tryhard and will surely win
SM: tko vs Dundies - tko was pretty solid last year in this gen and idk dundies
SM: Lycans vs Rodriblutar - both friends, hf guys~
SM: ggggd vs OP - a close match too
SM: trash vs Hamhamhamham - idk who is this ham guy
XY: himeringo vs majaspic22 - HL for the whole series

whats this...? an infamy post? impossible... he's dead!

infpredicts
season 4
volume 2
the art of reading spiritual flatulence
or, (the unexpected virtue of omniscience)
by infamy

mr. pill popper's penguins vs the byrds (kacaw)

SM: Ninjadog13 vs Heysup - heysup is clearly a superior name to ninjadog13, but, like, we all know heysup's been dead for years, his corpse simply nineage's flesh marionette, his brain crudely stimulated by electrodes piping it full of javascript, and we all know the memory difficulties one experiences upon revivification, clearly heysup isn't the player he used to be
SM: Kingler12345 vs jake - let's count the number of problems with name: Kingler12345. 1) capital letter: everyone knows that capital letters are coded neodarwinist propaganda, representing an ideology that some letters are more important or better than others and deserve special treatment, an oligarchic fascist neomalthusian idea with no place in a civilized democracy. 2) numbers: everyone knows that no one older than 14 puts numbers in their names unless they have to, and, i checked, there are not 12344 other kinglers on smogon.com, just kingler and Kingler12345. 3) number of numbers: most people limp-wristed enough to put numbers in their names have the decency to stop at one or two digits. maybe their birthday or birth year, or a football jersey number. not Kingler12345. Kingler12345 has opted for five whole digits which aren't of any real personal significance. i think he was just really proud that he could count to 5 when he made his account, but it's not hard to change your name, so we can only assume that he still hasn't gotten to 6. 4) pokemon selection: kingler is a pretty lame pokemon. like, woohoo, it's a big ass crab with big ass pincers. there's nothing that makes it really unique, it's just one of those lazy designs from gen 1 where they just took a bunch of animals and called them pokemon (tauros, caterpie, rattata, etc.). with so many cool crab pokemon (crabominable, crustle, parasect, etc.) to choose from i just don't see how someone in their right mind could settle on kingler. 5) i can't think of anything funny to put here but hey he's indian so he probably smells funny too. bop dash space gottem.
SM: Corporal Levi vs Eternal Spirit - i always shit on levi in these so i figured it was time to be nice to him for once and let him win
SM: BurntZebra vs Kushalos - burntzebra is a great name: it makes you think: if a zebra was burnt: wouldn't it just be a black horse? what is it that makes zebras and horses different? what if horses are actually all just burnt zebras? what even is a horse? has anyone ever seen a real bonafide horse, with like, a certificate of authenticity, or something, to prove it's not a burnt zebra? it's remarkable how, in just 10 letters, burntzebra manages to convey such important philosophical ontological and equine questions.
SM: soulgazer vs Tricking - tricks are for kids
XY: teal6 vs blarajan - teal team six
BW: Finchinator vs fran17 - mr. frantastic *-*
DPP: shiloh vs Kink - sorry dont know u

watership downies vs terrific chat presence turtles
SM: FLCL vs Jox - only picking against jox cause i'm super duper pissed he hasnt posted a video since w1
SM: tko vs Dundies - thekrystalonix
SM: Lycans vs Rodriblutar - sorry dont know u
SM: ggggd vs OP - pablonito (ggggd stands for giggling goao-ghosted ghoul demon) (op stands for obviously poop)
SM: trash vs Hamhamhamham - i like ham and i do not like trash pls recycle ;w;
XY: himeringo vs majaspic22 - sorry dont know u
BW: Void vs Serene Grace - serene stinks (its funny cause hes indian) (indian people poop in the streets) (its funny because most people poop in the toilet) (toilets and sewers were invented during the third millenium bc and some of the most advanced were in the city of mohenjo-daro in modern-day pakistan) (do indians only poop in the streets because they dont want to use paki toilet technology)
DPP: passion vs Eseque - passion wins as long as he remembers to insult nazis during the battle to throw eseque off his game

GOAO

Banned deucer.
SM: Ninjadog13 vs Heysup - Ninjadog has been somewhat of a revelation ig and if levi is to be believed he's the next great lcer. Notably destroying renowned lc puppeteer trash in a circuit tour, ninja is one of the best new lcers and should not be underestimated by any means. However, heysup's lengthy lc experience and veteran builds might throw ninja off his game and keep heysup winning. This is much closer than many think and could go either way - one of the key games to decide finalists

SM: Kingler12345 vs Jake - Two of the best lcers in usm and veteran users and this should hopefully be a great game. Both started out impressively this lcpl before zeb encountered misfortune. Accounting for kinglers skill and good fortune this lcpl which have helped him to an undefeated record, i have to give the edge to him, although i would not be surprised if zeb wins either.

SM: Corporal Levi vs Eternal Spirit - Levis looked very solid this lcpl and has adapted to usm with no problems whatsoever, seeing as he is also in the finals of swiss. ES hasnt looked as comfortable since his sm run to open finals and his lcpls been up and down, i think this one should be a decisive win by levi.

SM: BurntZebra vs Kushalos - A true 50/50 in my eyes, with zebra having put in a superb showing throughout lcpl including a great win over dundies, while kushalos is an experienced player who has demonstrated creative builds and excellent playing as well. One of the better games these semis will have.

SM: soulgazer vs Tricking - Despite a shaky showing immediately after mids, tricking seems to be returning to form while soulgazer's not looked like anything special so far. Should be a close one but expect a tricking victory. Basically a must win if duckletts want to pass this round.

XY: teal6 vs blarajan - Though blarajan has started winning again, teal recently had a relatively dominant victory over op, who has been playing the best lc of anyone in the past few months in usm. Also another close one, a common trend throughout this series, but with the edge going to the player with the more impressive win.

BW: Finchinator vs fran17 - Finch has looked completely at home in lc in multiple gens and frans hot start cooled off in the 2nd half of the season. Finch's experience in bw in general as well as the piplups team support should help him win this one.

DPP: shiloh vs Kink - Unsure as to whether this is true but i believe this will be a game decided by superior prep. look to see levis influence on shiloh's team and a heysup team for kink. If this is not decided via matchup, then shiloh's good showing in dpp so far makes me lean towards his win. As always, this is a coinflip tier so who really knows anything.

piplups v ducks - Ducks surprised most with their early qualification into playoffs and knowing the quality of their players will likely turn this into a competitive series. It is difficult for me to see the piplups lose this one considering their dominance in the regular seasons, however their only loss was to the ducks, and with good prep, ducks could win the 50/50 games and come up with the upset.

----------------

SM: FLCL vs Jox - This may be a surprising prediction but jox's creative builds, which have sometimes crossed the line into bad, may be a difference maker considering flcl's unfamiliarity with nonstandard lc sets. If jox manages to employ his creativity in a solid build, expect him to pull out the win, but if this is a more standard matchup, flcl's superior experience should allow him the win despite his inconsistency during the lcpl regular season.

SM: tko vs Dundies - Dundies has proven that despite attempting to quit multiple times and not actually playing much lc, he is still one of the top 5 lcers in usm. Though his commitment has been questioned a lot recently, he has come through with critical lcpl wins, including 1 against me, and has demonstrated versatile builds with creative sets. Tko has been undefeated for since the beginning of lcpl6 but his only sm win this season was in a week where the win had already been sealed. His lack of much playing may impact his consistency, but he is still an elite player. This should be a very close game. I believe dundies has the edge but would not be surprised at all if tko preps properly and wins this.

SM: Lycans vs Rodriblutar - Both are good players who are not known for their lc metagame knowledge and both have had their ups and downs throughout this lcpl season. This will be an interesting game to watch as i see whoever's team support preps better will have a decisive edge that will win this.

SM: ggggd vs OP - OP has been lc's best player in usm and recently won ssnl while pablos been relatively uninvested in lc in comparison. However, pablo is still an incredibly elite player and has been dominant in the lcpl games he's played. This should be the best game of the semifinals and could legitimately go either way, i am a big fan of both players and i look forward to this game.

SM: trash vs Hamhamhamham - Trash's not played sm for a while afaik but he's been the best builder in usm and is a good player despite his lcpl record, while ham's not been nearly as convincing performance-wise. Should be the first decisive win for the burmys.

XY: himeringo vs majaspic22 - Queenlucy has performed superbly since mids despite some unluckiness, and is the only player to defeat the great Brazilian Army in xy. Majas on the other hand has not looked nearly as sharp as most expected pre-lcpl. I would be very surprised if majas wins this.

BW: Void vs Serene Grace - Serenes record is a shiny 6-1 but he has relied a lot on the same double rush team, something that was exposed in his one loss in the regular season. It will be interesting to see whether he has the bw knowledge to supplement his double rush spamming with other solid builds, but considering the superior bw support that void will have, it is difficult for me to see serene winning this one.

DPP: passion vs Eseque - Passion has looked very solid in dpp playingwise and demonstrated a good grasp on the metagame, and melon has provided the clearly best dpp support all lcpl. Eseque meanwhile limped to a losing record in dpp, in which he lucked poor imanalt with an impossible max roll crit to get the squirtles into playoffs. He hasn't shown an adaptive ability similiar to passion and melon and without luck i don't see how he will be able to defeat lcpl7s most dominant dppers.

burmys v squirtles - Ngl i didnt think this would be a close series at all before the matchups were released, seeing as burmys are borderline elite at every possible slot. However, the matchups have fallen in the most ideal way possible for the squirtles, with two of the best burmys having to play the op/dundies sm duo. If both of them successfully win and prep well enough for the other sm slots, they could overcome the massive disadvantage they have in old gens. If majas displays the form everyone expected from him and serene in fact does have expert bw teambuilding skills, the squirtles can definitely win this one. However, the slightest misstep by them will cost them the series, because the burmys are too stacked and will not make mistakes.

natu

Formerly Antgeezy

DPP: passion vs Eseque - passion n~n

churine

lunatic+
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
THIS IS IT! THE SEMI-FINALS! NO ONE WANTS TO LOSE AFTER COMING THIS FAR!

also predics lol

SM: Kingler12345 vs Jake - a highlight match despite the fact that kingler is gonna luck zeb out.
SM: Corporal Levi vs Eternal Spirit - its hard to predict against levi
BW: Finchinator vs fran17 - :finchgasm:
DPP: shiloh vs Kink - havent rly seen them play dpp lc and its dpp lc so lol

SM: FLCL vs Jox - jox is gonna bring a fire squad but then forget how it works and choke the game away
SM: tko vs Dundies - this match looking fire
SM: Lycans vs Rodriblutar - tour players that dont rly play lc so idrk whats gonna happen
SM: ggggd vs OP - probably the most anticipated match this week
SM: trash vs Hamhamhamham - hamhamhamham will go extra ham this match
XY: himeringo vs majaspic22 - really strong xy matchup
BW: Void vs Serene Grace - jai hindustaan
DPP: passion vs Eseque - eseque is overhyped tbh

gl to all teams.

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS

fran17

(1999)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
activity
finch and i scheduled for yesterday at 8pm gmt+2, something came up for me and i asked if he could player a bit earlier, since he couldnt we decided to reschedule for today at 3pm gmt+2 as he said he was free all of his morning, but ive been waiting 1hour now and he said he's going to be there after the 4 but i already have my things to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)