Latios and His Bitches

You can suggest better team name!

With the end of gen 5 approaching, I thought I’d show you guy my one of more successful team that I built myself. Frankly, I’ve only maxed at ~2000’s in ladder because this team sucks. So, please help me to improve it. :) However, I’ve battled a bunch of high profile players and defeated them with this team with minimal hax. I testbattled this with Ogasian a quite bit, so shout outs for him (sorry for brutally beating you every time ;) ). I’m usually in PS! ubers chat. My username is always nonsensical (my current account is asdklfjasdklf or something like that)

This team is HO, and you should play it accordingly. Your goal should be beating opposing pokemons quickly and effectively. Set up sweeps happen rarely, however the opportunity is there. Do not allow opposing team to set up! Also, slow sweepers such as Kyurem-B/W, Rayquaza, Zekrom, Reshiram, and other base 90-95 should be non-issue. The sheer power of this team is sufficient to weaken them and easily revenged.

I created this team to be functional in varying battle conditions. Generally, hazards on my side isn't troublesome, as long you don't let it to accumulate too much. I want to avoid specific win conditions and allow myself a flexible playstyle.

I’m not a fan of showing off replays, but here you go:

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ubers-55674761

I’m going to go ahead and point out the fact that I have absolutely nothing to deal with scarfkia except for exploding gene on it.

Kribensis (Arceus-Ground) @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Stone Edge

This thing is a beast. It’s one of the best late game sweeper, with blazing fast speed and powerful attacks. This is my answer to sun and sand teams and revenge killing some troublesome stuff such as Ho-oh, Tyranitar, Excadrill, Mewtwo, Rockceus, Rayquaza. and others. Extremespeed is used to pick off weakened pokemon.

Trilobite (Forretress) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk
Lonely Nature
IVs: 0 Def / 0 SDef
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball

Typical custap berry lead. I usually sack it since 1 toxic spikes layer is usually sufficient. I tend to only use 1 toxic layer, rather than going for 2nd for 12% damage, opposed to 6% since this team forces a lot of switches. I’m open to using spikes instead of toxic spikes, however toxic spikes is invaluable for destroying potential lategame sweepers, stall, and semistall teams. This is also my sleep fodder for lead darkrai. Deoxys leads are usually just attacked directly for substantial damage. Cloyster leads are problematic but I usually let Kyogre to handle it. Defensive Forretress can go burn and die in hell.

Chernobyl (Latios) (M) @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Damn Latios, I don’t know why Latios isn’t used more often. This thing WRECKS anything with Draco Meteor (ohkoing Giratina-a!!) This is also, my surefire Kyogre check. I also use this to revenge kill non-scarf palika and pretty much anything below Latios’ speed. Fire HP is given a slot to get rid of troublesome steels such as Genesect (locked on anything other than U-turn), Ferrothorn, and Forretress. Also, Latios gets bonus points for killing weakened Ho-oh with Psyshock.

Colossus (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Explosion
- Flamethrower

Genesect is THE best scarfer. This thing is just so powerful. It destroys Rayquaza sweeps, Mewtwo, Lati@s, Darkrai, and Grassceus. Explosion is useful for pinch situations, where I absolutely HAVE to get rid of something. I’m considering Thunder>Flamethrower to nail Kyogre.

Prehistoric (Giratina-Origin) @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 164 HP / 84 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Shadow Sneak

The weak link of my team. I desperately need a spinblocker, but this set simply does not last long enough. It die quickly, especially against sand teams. However, when it’s alive, it’s useful shuffler and spinblocker. Please give me suggestions to improve this! However, it performs brilliantly as shuffling to weaken opposing team and picking off weakened mons. It’s also an emergency ghostceus/ekiller check (not really, but yeah). Also, it’s the sole check for Kabto, which otherwise demolish my team.

Deluge (Kyogre) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SAtk / 168 HP / 88 Spd
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Surf
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

Speedy bulky specsogre to outspeed bulky specsogre and speedcreeps base 100 (fuck tentas). Kyogre deliver incredibly powerful Water Spouts and forces a lot of switches. It’s also used as a check for other Kyogres and especially Ghostceus. This is my go-to Ferrothorn killer. ;)

Threats:

Paralysis
Parahax :( This happens often.

Giratina-O
WoW is not appreciated at all. Weird sets can surprise me and destroy my usual checks for it.

Palika
Scarfkia kills this team. Usual Palika variants can be dealt with Latios, Kyogre, and is revenge killed by Groundceus.

Kabtopus
I have no real check for it. An expertly played Kabto will beat this team.

I’m probably missing other threats, so, feel free to tear it apart and suggest stuff. :)

Importable

First of all, bullshit. You have never beaten me once in all our pokemon careers. You are Ash and I am Red. xD
Ok, now on to the actual rate. Change Kyogre's spread to 168 speed/88 hp/252 spattck Modest. This allows you to outspeed standard Lugia and 2HKO with Thunder before they can Roost. Also, almost any CM Arceus gives you real trouble. I suggest putting Iron Head over Flamethrower on Genesect to deal with this. I personally like to use MixTina on my teams. Here is the set:

Prehistoric@Griseous Orb
Trait: Levitate
242 attack/252 spattck/16 speed
Naughty

Draco Meteor
Dragon Tail
Shadow Sneak
Will-o-Wisp

This set has much more offensive presence, and still deals with the menace known as E-Killer very well. You could also opt for a physically defensive spread, but due to the offensive nature of this team, I think this set fits very well.

ScarfKia is a pain for offensive teams. I don't know what to replace, but Ferrothorn deals with Scarf Palkia very well. Nice team Orch! I:heart: you and your team. :P
Golden luvdisc imo, and a like and a 11/10

Last edited:
SD Ghostarc can 6-0 this team badly. Easy set up on -2 Latios or Choice Lock Genesect, then +2 Shadow Force basically OHKOs your side while your scarfer's most powerful attack against it is a non-STAB Ice Beam. Shell Smash Omastar is also a major issue, as it outpaces everything in the rain bar Genesect which is set up fodder as its current moveset cannot touch it. I suggest running Roar > HP Fire on Latios to prevent you from being set up fodder after a Draco. Also, HP Fire is just pitifully weak in the rain. On a similar note, Iron Head> Flamethrower on Genesect as a choice locked fire move in the rain is just begging to be set up fodder. I also suggest runnng at least 168 Speed on Kyogre as all base 100's run max speed with a positive nature. 164 speed gives you enough to outpace 4 Speed Lugia so you can strike it down with Thunder before it can roost stall your attacks. Lastly, run Jolly > Adamant on Arceus so it can speed tie with other max speed Arceus. I hope I helped and good luck in Gen VI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)