Kala's GIF Emporium

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Hello, it is me, the guy that always has fresh impeccable GIF avatars. I've been in the GIF avatar game since I got badged in 2016, but now that I'm a smod you get to see them all on the front page even. Since the best stuff to make in to GIFs are often in video form first, I've just become used to converting them by myself. Though I cba to teach ppl how or let people in on my sources, I can instead just make the GIFs for YOU!

Why would I want a GIF avatar?
The real question is: why wouldn't you want one? If you're not taking advantage of the possibility, then why are you even here?

How do I request a GIF to be made?
Follow this simple formula:
  • video source link, tho I'm not gonna pirate some movie or show for you
  • timecode or description of what you want to stay in the GIF
After that I'll create the GIF for ya at 200x200px size and under 10 MBs, since that's the ideal for forum avatars.

Can you combine several videos in to one GIF or make other special edits?
Yes, as long as it's not too complicated.

What if it's already in GIF form but I wish to have it edited?
Then just link the GIF and describe what you want there to stay.

Does it have to be for a forum avatar?
No, I can also make Discord avatars for all you Nitro users out there. The only difference there is that the first frame of the GIF will serve as the still preview, so I'll adjust them accordingly if you specify so they don't start on some derp frame.

This seems too good to be true, what will it cost me?
Nothing, for the first one at least. After that, I'll take 100 likes from you for each subsequent ones or if you request multiple ones in one go.

Can I get a free sample?
Sure!
ap-4.gif

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Since no one wants a GIF, I'll just fill the time talking about some of my previous avatars and what I thought of em. I never re-use avatars and try to only have them for one week's time, so I go through a lot of them and some are def better than others. So I'll start with a very old one:

link doing weird shit.gif

I think this was one of the early ones I used back in 2016, when it was old XenForo and only badged users had "unlimited" file sizes on avatars. I can't say I ever watched this show as a kid, if we even had it here in Sweden I certainly didn't have the channel needed, but it's such a dumb series of events that it works great as an avatar. I wish I remember what CT I used together with this, because I remember it being a good one.

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This seems too good to be true, what will it cost me?
Nothing, for the first one at least. After that, I'll take 100 likes from you for each subsequent ones or if you request multiple ones in one go.
Not a request, just a question about the reaction score economy. You're asking for 100 likes but what about other reactions?

100 likes = ? loves = ? hahas = ? wows = ? sads = ? angries

Kalalokki

Sprite Leader
Not a request, just a question about the reaction score economy. You're asking for 100 likes but what about other reactions?

100 likes = ? loves = ? hahas = ? wows = ? sads = ? angries
Reaction score is just that, a score. Changing it doesn't affect the reactions you've received, only the score.

Kalalokki

Sprite Leader
It is wednesday my dudes and I figured I'd cover another one of my past avatars:

huh.gif

A great edit I found a long time ago, I think this was a much wider avatar video originally so I had to edit some of the different parts so that they all would look good centered. Also wish I remembered the CT I had, the file is called "huh" so it might just've been that tbh.

Sijih

game show genius
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Clean avatar. I like the part where there's a cut from left side view to right side view as the guy is turning his head, feels fluid.

But what's a CT bro?

P.S. do you have to screw with color profiles before you upload to smogon/zenforo? or do you just keep it same as in source footage

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
View attachment 279042

I think this was one of the early ones I used back in 2016, when it was old XenForo and only badged users had "unlimited" file sizes on avatars. I can't say I ever watched this show as a kid, if we even had it here in Sweden I certainly didn't have the channel needed, but it's such a dumb series of events that it works great as an avatar. I wish I remember what CT I used together with this, because I remember it being a good one.
fwiw this is a precursor to botw speedruns

Kalalokki

Sprite Leader
Clean avatar. I like the part where there's a cut from left side view to right side view as the guy is turning his head, feels fluid.

But what's a CT bro?

P.S. do you have to screw with color profiles before you upload to smogon/zenforo? or do you just keep it same as in source footage
Custom title, which is currently "strategic play". idt I've ever bothered with color profiles, web usually doesn't mess with GIF colors as it's a web format initially.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)