Just Desserts (An OU Double Dragon HO Team)

La Nourriture

Introduction:
Hey, smogon. It seems that I am now back to battling. I just recently started playing Gen 5 OU a couple of days ago, and boy, was I so surprised with the heavily changed gameplay. Especially that Team Preview and the weather inducing douchebags.

My Team at a Glance

Executive Summary:
Now regarding my team, actually I just placed here some pokemon which I think would work and frankly, they did. I am doing good in the ladder with this set. I am hoping for a rate because I feel that these 6 random pokemon which I placed have some potential to be a really destructive team. Thus, I really look forward to your rates. :D Also, what I placed here are very standard movesets so they're pretty much self-explanatory already. Anyhow, here I am presenting my non-weather Hyper Offense team.

Muffin (Deoxys-S) @ Light Clay
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

This is usually my lead, I know that Team Preview really screws this up, but there's no other way for an HO team to work than to have a suicide Dual Screen user lead. I choose Deoxys-S because of his/her high speed and reasonable bulk. Anyhow, the moves are fairly simple. Light Screen and Reflect are the staple moves in a Dual Screen lead. Taunt is there to shut down opponents who want to set up rocks themselves while Stealth Rock is crucial for my sweepers to nab those 2HKOS and OHKOS. No attack moves is given here because Deoxys will be the typical suicide lead and he/she is better off with a full support set. EV's allow me to be very fast while maintaining some form of bulk. I chose Jolly over Timid because Timid sounds gay and everyone wants a Jolly old fellow.

Devil's Food (Haxorus) (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Taunt

One half of my double dragon combo and Dragonite's dance partner. If all walls are virtually weakened, Haxorus is virtually unstoppable. The other moves are fairly standard except for Taunt, Taunt will be used to set-up on support bitches thinking they get a free ride with their supportive movesets. Lum Berry is my item of choice because confusion is really a douche. Max Speed is preferred for me to tie with Scarf Haxorus after a Dragon Dance.

Angel Cake (Dragonite) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

The other half of the double dragon combo. Dragonite, on the other hand, is made bulky because if Dragonite is under two screens while maintaining multi scale, it is virtually unstoppable from setting up. This will guarantee Dragonite a lot of DD's and sweep monstrously. Further, Leftovers is the item of choice to give Dragonite the needed recovery.

Tiramisu (Terrakion) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Justified
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

A pretty standard set, I know. This guy is really unstoppable once it sets up. A Jolly nature and max speed is preferred due to its invaluable stunt wherein Terrakion outspeeds positive base 100's which is really a very important feat.

Swiss Roll (Cloyster) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spd
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Ice Shard

This Cloyster set is also fairly standard except for one move, Ice Shard. Now, you may ask, what's the Ice Shard for? It's really simple. Ice Shard is there to destroy Whimsicott and Sableye, two very annoying Pokemon which almost always destroys my sweep. Next, Life Orb is chosen due to the increase in power it gives to Cloyster's moves, allowing it to plow through the various walls.

Sans Rival (Lucario) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Crunch
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch

Here it is, my main wall breaker. After a swords dance, Lucario can easily destroy any wall which doesn't resist its powerful STAB Hi Jump Kick. Ice Punch is preferred over Crunch so that Lucario can decimate Dragon types/Gliscor/etc on the switch. Bullet Punch is chosen over Extremespeed due to its ability to hit Gengar, another pokemon causing problems.

Conlusion
So there you have it, my entire team. As you may have seen, the strategy here is simple and fairly standard Hyper Offense. The Double Dragon combo is really the crux of this set because Dragonite and Haxorus are walled by virtually the same Pokemon. The other members provide coverage and also help in destroying walls (and even sweep!). So I would like the give the floor to you raters. Please rate my team ;)

PS: I really hate tl:dr, so the explanations may seem under...er..explained. Anyhow, I can easily expound on them, don't worry. :D

Changelog:
*Replaced Hi Jump Kick and Ice Punch on Lucario with Close Combat and Crunch respectively.
*Replaced Roost with Earthquake on Dragonite to avoid being walled by Heatran
*Changed the nature of Haxorus from Jolly to Adamant

Scizor is the bane of this team. Before you sweep, it comes in and bullet punches actually it's a danger to your whole team. Lucario resists but after spikes and life orb he's gonna get KOed too. Dragonite may seem a resist w/ fire punch nut it's still revenge killed and another enemy pokemon could deal with dragonite.

Also make lucario nasty plot because you have no special attacks on your team. If you use him physically (please don't) give him ES over bullet punch.

Hm you're right. I really have no mean Bullet Punch counter, so thanks for informing me that. :D Oh yeah, I use a pure physical sweeper team because hyper offense is about having 1 Dual Screen Lead and 5 Set up sweepers attacking from the same side of the offensive spectrum

Not really a rate, but a nitpick on Lucario's set. Hi Jump Kick doesn't obtain any notable OHKO's or 2HKO's that I know of, so you're probably better off sticking with Close Combat. Other than that, it's a pretty cool team, though once Haxorus goes down Jellicent is going to be extremely hard to crack, especially when paired with an Intimdate user like RestTalk Gyarados. Again, cool team nonetheless.

So should I run Crunch on my SD Luke? And I kinda prefer Hi Jump Kick since it doesn't lower any of Luke's defensive Stats, letting him take some priority moves from faster pokemon better.

Oh yeah, I consider slapping a Gyarados here to counter the Scizor weakness. What do you guys think?

Hey Octobre! Love the HO style and play one myself right now. That being said you team has some problems. First of HO teams dont have to be all physical or all special, most are mixed to break down stall steams. Being all physical you have some serious problems with physical wall such as Skarmory and Hippodown. Another group of people that mess up this team is anything with Will-o-Wisp as they can burn any member and they become fodder. The final 'mon that messes with this team is Quagsire. Unaware means all of you boosts mean nothing. To fix some these problems I suggest replacing one of you physical dragons with a special dragon such as:

Latios @ Life Orb Timid
4hp/252spA/252spe
Draco Meteor/Dragon Pluse
Surf
HP Fire
Recover

Other you might also want to replace Cloyster with a Starmie with a similar set to Latios (including recover). He will be able to take resisted ice attacks aimed at your dragons. I really hope this helps!

Latios @ Life Orb Timid
4hp/252spA/252spe
Draco Meteor/Dragon Pluse
Surf
HP Fire
Recover

Other you might also want to replace Cloyster with a Starmie with a similar set to Latios (including recover). He will be able to take resisted ice attacks aimed at your dragons. I really hope this helps!
Would Latios be fine even without a set-up move?

I still don't get as to how Toxicroak can wreck damage to this team as even though it walls Terra well, Lucario can just switch and revenge kill it.

The final 'mon that messes with this team is Quagsire.
Haxorus does a good job of breaking Quagsire because of Mold Breaker. I did some calcs below:

252 +1 Atk Haxorus Outrage vs 252 HP/0 Def Quagsire: 93.91% - 110.66% (Always an OHKO after Rocks)
252 +1 Atk Haxorus Outrage vs 252 HP/252 Def Quagsire: 71.83% - 84.77%

So if you just change Haxorus to Adamant, it'll get the 2HKO of physically defensive set and an OHKO on the specially defensive set.

Edit: So I was looking back at the calcs I did and it seems the damage calculator doesn't take into consideration that Mold Breaker nullifies Unaware. The calcs are fixed in the hide tags.

Haxorus does a good job of breaking Quagsire because of Mold Breaker. I did some calcs below:

252 +1 Atk Haxorus Outrage vs 252 HP/0 Def Quagsire: 93.65% - 110.41%
252 +1 Atk Haxorus Outrage vs 252 HP/252 Def Quagsire: 43.65% - 51.78%

So if you just change Haxorus to Adamant, it'll get the 2HKO of physically defensive set and an OHKO on the specially defensive set.
Thanks for running the Calcs and for your suggestion overall. I'll append that in my first post. Thanks

As Troll said, you do have a way of beating Quagsire, but it won't be easy. I'm worried about the common Scizor, it can easily revenge most of your team before you can hit it. I'd run another steel resist, possibly an Infernape, over Terrakion. This gives you a better way of dealing with it and maintains similar fighting coverage. Try the SD set with SD / Flare Blitz / Close Combat / (Stone Edge / Mach Punch)

As Troll said, you do have a way of beating Quagsire, but it won't be easy. I'm worried about the common Scizor, it can easily revenge most of your team before you can hit it. I'd run another steel resist, possibly an Infernape, over Terrakion. This gives you a better way of dealing with it and maintains similar fighting coverage. Try the SD set with SD / Flare Blitz / Close Combat / (Stone Edge / Mach Punch)
Conversely, I was contemplating on another idea. Someone in PO mentioned that my team is weak to fighting types, thats why he said I should slap a Gyarados here over Cloyster. And the Infernape idea seems nice, since it stops the annoying prankster Sableye in its tracks thus making it an effective Wisp absorber. Hmm what's your take in this?

Yea enemy lucario are going to be a problem, Gyara would fix that and Scizor. Its intimidate is also good for checking things. Sounds like a good idea.

Um dude you have a great collection of pokes here but Unware Quagsire and Skarmory is gonna run circles around you. You need some Special Attack variety here or at least slap a CB on Hax.

With reflect up, Haxorus lures in, taunts, sets up, and deals around 60% to it. It is pressured so it can't recover and wall anything else. Quag is an issue because he has only 1 solid way of beating it, but repeated close combats to keep it down and Haxorus can deal with it (mold breaker > unaware)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)