SM OU Judge my OU team i believe its preety decent what do you think ?

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet Ability: Rough Skin EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe Jolly Nature - Stealth Rock - Earthquake - Roar - Toxic

Paper Cut (Kartana) @ Choice Band Ability: Beast Boost Shiny: Yes EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe Jolly Nature - Leaf Blade - Sacred Sword - Knock Off - Smart Strike

Roofus (Charizard-Mega-Y) @ Charizardite Y Ability: Drought Shiny: Yes EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe Timid Nature IVs: 0 Atk - Solar Beam - Roost - Flamethrower - Will-O-Wisp

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay Ability: Snow Warning EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe IVs: 0 Atk - Freeze-Dry - Hypnosis - Heal Bell - Aurora Veil

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf Ability: Psychic Surge Shiny: Yes EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe Timid Nature - Psychic - Moonblast - Hidden Power [Fire] - Focus Blast

Thundurus-Therian @ Charti Berry Ability: Volt Absorb EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe Timid Nature IVs: 0 Atk - Hidden Power [Ice] - Thunderbolt - Defog - Nasty Plot

Garchomp acts like the stealth rock setter while also doing rough skin and rocky helmet damage to psychical damage dealers.Also roar helps to deal with slow threats. Earthquake stab does good damage I suppose he is fast and has lot of hp so he acts as an excellent tank for my team

Kartana is basically my go to sweeper he has decent coverage and I like going for knock off If my target likes to switch often that preety much it leaf blade powerfull stab scared sword ignores defence status increases preety good choice band makes its attacks ridiculously powerful especially with beats bossy until it attacks reaches 2100 or something if a pokmeon on another's team doesnt counter it

Alolan Ninetails counters drizzle pelipper thus taking care of swamperts and kingdras with hail also, I usually go for hypnosis then Aurora veil and then switch to Thandorus to set up nasty plot or remove hazards. A preety typical wall playstyle and a nice change of pace from the usual hyper aggressive playstyle of my team hyper aggressive playstyle and an amazing wall

Tapu Lele is the strongest special attacker on my team. With good special defence amazing special attack and good coverage it sweeps teams that dont resist it with the help of choice scarf.Also psychic terrain helps with priority based attackers like mega loppuny,Mach punch breloom,Aqua jet azumaril etc.Gocus blast takes cate of steel types which is this builds main weakness

Mega charizard deals with water types with high defences that cartana can sometimes have a hard time with without beast boost and it also one shots ferrothorns roost for recovery flamethrower for stab and will o wisp to cripple physical attackers.Roost adds sustainability and with sunshine and a ridiculous speed and special attack stat it becomes extremely powerful and pokemon that counter it like garchomp can be crippled with will o wisp

Lastly we have Thundurus T. Usually go for nasty plot on sleeping targets. Haze deals with hazards since the only thing that hits thundurus from the hazard group is stealth rock it can take care of spikes or sticky web. Lightning bolt for stab and hidden power ice for ground and dragon types with a really good special attack and speed and with really good set up potential it becomes really powerful

Last edited by a moderator:

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this. Please do not post another thread but rather PM me with updated descriptions. Thanks.

Edit: Unlocked!

Last edited:
First off, maybe run your descriptions through spell check. It is pretty, not preety, and there are a few other typos throughout.

Second: this team needs a bit of help construction wise.
Half of your team is weak to stealth rocks, which are everywhere. Every team will have at least one setter who can consistently switch in and force others out, such as ferrothorn, heatran, garchomp, and lando-T. All of those pokemon can swtich into at least 2 members of your team and continue to set up on you. I know that you have a defogger, but that brings me to my second point related to rocks: Thundurus is a terrible defogger. He doesn't have the speed to reliably outspeed some setters and doesn't have the defense to take a hit. Even with a charti berry, Garchomp can still OHKO with continental crush (18.8% from 100%, guaranteed after rocks), something a lot of Garchomps run.

You also have some interesting weather stuff going on with both hail and sun. I'd recommend figuring out which works for your team better and plan around that. That doesn't mean you need to be a rain or sun team, but working in some type/ ability synergy would make your team quite a bit better, in my opinion at least.

You probably also need another physical attacker. There are two reasons for this: you have four special attackers, three of whom wallbreakers and you only have one actual physical threat, Kartana. It is definitely important to be able to wall break, but you also need some sweepers on your team, and you don't really have any. I think your team would be better switching one of them to a physical sweeper (mega zard X, which I'll talk about later, would probably be best), allowing you to better check threats with lower physical defense than you could right now.

The last thing I would take a look at are your, interesting, sets for some of your pokemon, namely Thundurus and Zard. I already mentioned Thundurous above, it would probably benefit from a Z move instead, if you were to keep it. However, Zard's is more interesting. Mega charizard is not fast, it has average speed for the tier, and it can not outspeed Garchomp, and they will kill it with stone edge and Will-o-Wisp is a wasted moveslot, where something like air slash, hp ice, or focus blast (preferred). Each of those are useful coverage moves that will be more effective than wisp.

Now for actual team changes:
These are mostly major, as I mentioned a lot of moveset stuff earlier.
Zard Y -> Zard X. You need a physical attacker and Megazard X is probably the best DD sweeper in OU right now and it can cleave through teams at the end of the match. Furthermore, it removes the competing weather problem I mentioned earlier and gives you another really good physical attacker, as tankchomp and Kartana won't cut it.

Thundurours -> Zapdos. Where Zapdos lacks in power, it makes up for by being a much better defensive mon with reliable recovery and a much better defog. It can spread paralysis, which is always helpful, and it can consistently check Hawlucha, some lando sets, and a whole lot more. I think Zapdos would really strengthen your defensive backbone while be much more reliable than Thundurus.

Your team will need tweaking beyond this, but I think that should put you in the right direction, it fills some holes and gives you a bit more defensively that you had before. I know it is a lot, so if you have any questions or clarifications, I'd be happy to answer them for you.

You also have some interesting weather stuff going on with both hail and sun. I'd recommend figuring out which works for your team better and plan around that. That doesn't mean you need to be a rain or sun team, but working in some type/ ability synergy would make your team quite a bit better, in my opinion at least.

Furthermore, it removes the competing weather problem I mentioned earlier
Not sure what you're talking about with competing weather. The hail is only good for Ninetales, and the sun is only good for Zard. It's pretty inconsequential for everyone else. And because the weather is set by their abusers upon switch-in, there's no competition.

Anyway, here's what I would change.

Screens are great for Pokemon with set-up moves, as it allows them to boost their stats more easily. Garchomp is great for this role with Swords Dance.

Kartana seems fine. Another Swords Dance user is an option, but it's also nice to just have some immediate power.

Zard Y requires Defog support, and since Screens is such an offensive playstyle, I think it would be good to not need Defog. With that in mind, I changed Zard Y to Magearna, who can use Screens to set up Shift Gears and Calm Minds with ease.

Koko is considered by many to be the superior Screens setter, due to its superior speed, Taunt, and U-turn.

Like Kartana, Lele seems fine. It could run a Calm Mind set, but I like the speed control Scarf provides.

At this point, the team had only one Fire resist and one Water resist, and Kartana doesn't really resist special Water attacks. With that in mind, I replaced Thundurus with Mega Gyarados.

Garchomp @ Rockium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Kartana @ Choice Band
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off

Magearna @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shift Gear
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Tapu Koko @ Light Clay
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- U-turn

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Substitute

Also, some general advice: to minimize damage from Stealth Rock, you should usually try to make a Pokemon's HP stat an odd number. This is especially true for Pokemon that are weak to Stealth Rock. For example, a Charizard with an even amount of HP (which your currently has) will be 2HKOed by Stealth Rock, while a Charizard with an odd amount of HP will survive at 1 HP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)