is there a decent idea of any tiers aside from OU?

It seems like standard's mostly sorted out to start, with Gablias/Crescelia/Hera and whatnot. Considering WiFi's already kicked off for a few people, and looking at the amount of people on the board who have the game, is there (at the least) a vague outline for the other tiers, especially UU/NU?

I know they're both going to be vastly different metagames from ADV UU/NU, but once we all get a slight idea of what's going to end up where, it'd be cool if we could make teams for these tiers too.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It seems like standard's mostly sorted out to start, with Gablias/Crescelia/Hera and whatnot. Considering WiFi's already kicked off for a few people, and looking at the amount of people on the board who have the game, is there (at the least) a vague outline for the other tiers, especially UU/NU?

I know they're both going to be vastly different metagames from ADV UU/NU, but once we all get a slight idea of what's going to end up where, it'd be cool if we could make teams for these tiers too.
Pretty much UU and BL take LOADS of time to sort out, but basically all the stuff that has ever sucked still sucks.

NU and OU are the easiest tiers to figure out. UU and BL are much more difficult.

EX: Beautifly will always be an inferior Butterfree which will always be an Inferior Venomoth etc. I don't see Migtyena moving up any time soon either, even though I think it is damned awesome and its STAB attacks are physical now.

Misty

oh
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
UU tends to pop up when people get sick of the same old standards. I think it's premature to start thinking about UU when Competitor is still on the horizon, really.

For now it's pretty safe to say anything that isn't on Jump's huge threat list can be counted as UU early on. People did that for RBY, GSC and RS so it cannot hurt to do it in DP either. There's no way anyone can be bitching about "this thing is BL" when BL is "rapes UU" per definition and there is no real "UU" yet.

And to be honest I would've loved it if it would just have stayed that way without a ton of standardization, but everyone wants to win once in a while and think up strategies that make certain things useless and others necessary. The sad truth.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Also, there might be more tiers in this generation, or maybe BL would become a playable metagame on its own, or whatever. So it's obviously still early days.

I made myself a tier list to see if my predictions will be correct in 3 months or so, but I'm obviously not showing it to avoid a self-fullfilling prophecy. I wouldn't put any trust into any tier lists without competitor being released.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Thanks but we have absolutely no idea who neoseeker is.

I don't see ubers changing at all, except for the obvious additions of Palkia, Dialga, Giratina, Darkrai, and Arceus.

But perhaps with all these Adherence Scarves, maybe a good speed stat won't be quite as important, and Deoxys-E won't seem quite as threatening? Just an idea.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Eh, I was talking additions only. I can at least see Wynaut moving out. Deoxys-E and Wobbuffet depend on how open people are, but we have a thread for Wobbuffet already.

Deoxys-E was never considered a good uber anyway, the little defensive advantages it has over Deoxys-F are worthless compared to the huge, huge power loss. Deoxys-F will have to watch out though, I can see it trying to get enough Speed for 50% boosted Jolly Groudon/Heracross, both of which can use Adherance Scarf and Salac Berry well.

Neoseeker's tier list has Azelf as Uber (and Deoxys-E as OU). But I'm pretty certain it'll be OU in every sense of the word.
Lol, Deoxys-E in OU, talk about bitch [duggie style]

Need a revenge kill? CGDeox-E with Hidden Power [anything] kills it.

too cheap IMO.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Anything in tiers BL and lower isn't very well defined. Most Ubers are obvious due to their huge stats and whatnot, but the line between OU and UU is very fuzzy. Let's analogize this with water freezing to form ice. The top layer forms first, from a couple of molecules that just happen to crystallize, and the entire layer is built upon those crystals; we can associate things such as Garchomp and Azelf with those first ice crystals, from which everything below is built. Only when we have a well-defined OU tier can we have lower tiers in the same way that a solid layer of top ice is necessary in order for the water below to freeze, and only when we have Competitor do we have the catalyst in which the water can freeze, or in this case, the tiers. yay small block of logistical text on internet =)

And Pyr0, Deoxys-E is very different from Dugtrio because Dugtrio actually traps things and kills them, while stuff can just switch out of Deoxys-E unless it has Pursuit, which I doubt even OHKOs Gengar without major Attack investment.

Surgo

goes to eleven
pyr0 said:
Lol, Deoxys-E in OU, talk about bitch [duggie style]

Need a revenge kill? CGDeox-E with Hidden Power [anything] kills it.
Except for the fact that Deoxys-E doesn't have arena trap.

Thanks but we have absolutely no idea who neoseeker is.
The first hit of a search for "tier list diamond pearl" leads to Neoseeker forums, which I think is a general video game site.

Also, I misread; Deoxys LG is the one that they're letting into OU.

They're dumb as hell if they think the godwall isn't staying in ubers.

It's easy right now to see a list of OU sweepers (Jump's list is just fine) and then anything that is a weaker version of an OU sweeper can be kicked down to UU. Don't start a BL at the onset of a new system. Uber, OU, UU is fine until we crash test these things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)