General Introduce yourself!

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello everyone. I'm 20th. :]

Smogon helped me create a variety of teams before I could get the hang of it on my own. I have much thanks for that, and am glad that there's plenty of welcoming users to aid me. So, I suppose by joining, I can be more helpful and become better myself!

That's it for now. Thanks for reading this. :]
Welcome 20th! You're kinda late by 303616 member places though... but hey you tried.

That's great. Welcome. C: This is by far the most helpful forum for new users so... feel free to help out here and you'll be super appreciated (by welcoming people). If you have any questions though, don't hesitate to ask anyone who actively hangs out and helps in this section.

Greetings all~ n.n I'm ShadowCuney, but y'all can just call me Shadow, Cune, Cuney, or whatever you want tbh. This is my first time here, so, uh, yeah. :P Hope to see y'all around here soon~ n.n

~Cune
Welcome Shadow! You remind me a lot of a member here, Jellicent. Are you his twin? Is he your twin? Are you even a twin in real life? That'd be pretty cool if I just totally guessed that, so here's hoping you are. If not, you don't have to be a twin to fit in here. Welcome and if you have any trouble fitting in hang out here! ...forever? Maybe.

Hey, how's it going?
I'm Rin, I love Dark types and have the Showdown names Inaria, someone else got that forum name but I don't really mind, and Hatplant, a shoutout to a friend's Breloom.
I've played Pokemon since it was introduced, but only over the past few years gotten into the competitive side of things. I'm still a newb for now, but I'm working on it.
I like to write stories, watch a lot of anime, and play a lot of Pokemon Challenge Runs.
I think that's about it. Rin out. o/
Hi Rin! It's pretty good. Just watching TV. What about you? Dark types are ok but fire is cooler. Houndoom is pretty awesome though so I think we can find a middle ground there. Yay! That's ok, every day you get someone new starting out in competitive... whereas people like me have been retired for years. I guess it's the circle of Pokemon. c: Have fun around here!

Hello. My name is Meister. I finally decided to make an account because I'd like some assistance in team building and contribute in a few forums. I spend most of my pokemon play time breeding. I've been competitive battling for over 2 years now and I'm still willing to learn more about the metagame. I take huge interest in the OU metagame and I'm in love the the viability ranking and team building forums. I'm currently partaking in an under used UCL/GBA type of league on facebook and I'm really enjoying it. I hope you smogonites welcome me with open arms ;). ~Meister
Welcome Meister! Or should I say Mr x2? Are you any relation to 20, who also posted on this page? No? I'm crazy? Yes? Cool. But yes arms are open, we're ready for you to join the community! Any questions you have can be answered in the simple questions thread in this forum, so don't be afraid to ask competitive questions there too. c:

Hello!
My name is Heidi. I'm 17 and I mainly just made this account for the smash forum.
Advanced memelord.
We have a smash forum? That is wonderful, I assume. Have fun around here Heidi, and don't be afraid to head to other areas ok? :)

Hey guys. I'm PaleThuderbolt. I'm 18 I've used Smogon before as a reference for team building. I've been playing on Showdown! and whatnot for a couple years now but I'm still not that great. I figured, if I wanted to get any better at this game, the best way would be to join the community and learn from the experienced players.

Favorite Mon is Lucario.

Favorite Meta is OU.

Favorite Region is Hoenn.
Welcome! You can definitely learn a lot from everyone here. Make sure you check out B101 at the end of the month so you can sign up and get tutored. c: For now just stalk the forums we have until you find something you like. Have fun here!

Hello! I've had an account here for a while, I guess, but I've never really used it. Most other Pokemon forums are basically dead now and Smogon seems like it's still alive and well.
Indeed we are well. Welcome back to the community, stick around, yea? :)

Hello everyone. I am Tirander from France, 19 years old since November. I am on Showdown since 2013 but i left and came back and left and came back 2 or 3 times but I was not interested about Smogon, because I played for fun, until I understood that play "vanilla" Pokemon was not enough for me then I've decided to use Smogon. Now I try to play efficiently but it's not easy when you begin then I try to find how play more efficiently.

Now it's time to tell you my favourites Pokemon, Game, etc.

My favourite Pokemon isn't one of the best Pokemon in strategy. It's Scyther.

My favourite Pokemon Game is Pokemon Sapphire because it was my first game.

I often play OU but also in low tiers like UU, RU and LC.

Well I think that's all. Thanks you and have a good day (or a good night if you read this the night lol).
What makes Scyther special to you? I feel like it should've been introduced in Johto rather than Kanto, seems more like a Johto mon... but maybe because I grew up with Johto. I dunno!

It is indeed night over in Australia, so you have a good day... night? Morning? Dunno? Something.

Hiho my name is Dario, im Chilean from Iquique and... i decide to create an account on the forum because ever i look this page to check some info jjajaj :)
my favourite poke no competitive is Ninetales jaja and on competitive Tyranitar, also its a poke from old school :,D
I dont have much to say, but hiho all! and i hope so enjoy this community of pokemon
Cya! :D
Oh hey welcome Dario! Your English is pretty good, so good job. Welcome and have fun here ok! :)

Hi I'm Yuuki. I joined the forums to learn more about competitive pokemon. I have yet to know the ropes.
For the most part you climb ropes, probably not a good idea to jump off them. There, you know the ropes! Seriously though, check out the competitive forums and you'll learn easily enough. Welcome!
Hi there I'm kingbaruk. I like pokemon and foremost teambuilding. I like teambuilding even more than playing. I want to try to share my teams and i hope some of you would use my teams.
Hi :) Head over to the teambuilding section, check the rules, and you should be good to go. More teams is always a good thing, so gogo contribute! :)

hello all, i'm Oxovo, long time lurker and i mainly joined so i could read trou du cul again (idk when it was made members only)

after playing ubers badly for the past 3 generations i've decided to try OU, and i'm still really bad

im just hoping i improve to the point that if i ever get drafted for spl this post will be quoted ironically for big likes, wish me luck on my quest fam

Greetings, fellow battlers!
My name is Remaine, but you can call me Rem or Rem Dogg!
I made this account purely for the sake of keeping up to date with tier changes, but simultaneously, it appears as though this forum is full of knowledgeable people who can provide a great insight on the meta (UU particularly)

So should probably be polite and introduce myself.

My name is Adam and I'm a lurker just trying to get a few battles and learn to be a better battler.

I do things and stuff.

Yo! I'm Julius aka Creux/Magikarpz on PS, I made an account here to try to get some help on my teams.
My favorite game was Platinum cause that's when i really got into competitive battling. Anyways, if you
guys have any suggestions or have anything you wanna say to me then feel free to message me.

Hi Smogon!

It has been a very long time since I was last around (I actually thought I had lost this account) but I have been recently considering getting back in to the competitive battling scene. The last pokemon game I played was Black / White (when weather dominated everything and Volt-Turn was beginning to show its face) but I have been playing since R/B was released and am potentially getting my teeth in to gen 6 with Sapphire, a personal favourite along with Gold and Platinum versions. I was initially off-put by the new Mega Evolutions but they seem to have been handled quite well and the changes to weather are intriguing.

I am certainly no great battler but I managed to create a team which peaked at 16 in the OU ladder during black and white, a great achievement for me after all these years of Pokemon :) Hopefully the metagame has only improved since then and I can find my feet after reading up on the plethora of additions / changes!

Nice to meet you all :)

hello all, i'm Oxovo, long time lurker and i mainly joined so i could read trou du cul again (idk when it was made members only)

after playing ubers badly for the past 3 generations i've decided to try OU, and i'm still really bad

im just hoping i improve to the point that if i ever get drafted for spl this post will be quoted ironically for big likes, wish me luck on my quest fam
Sadly I have no clue what exactly you're talking about there mate. If you want to improve in battling smogon has a youtube channel you should look into. The videos provide solid content and can be very helpful. You should also check out the smogon strategy dex. I wasn't good at battling to when I first started out and it's fine dude you'll get there. It took me a while to get decent. It's interesting to see how I came to smogon with a my own ambitions and just like myself, you came with your own ambitions. Good luck if you need help you should really consider Pm'ing these people TheHoodedGamer, Fluke, InfernapeTropius11 they can all help you. However, they all have been inactive recently so maybe skylight the mod of this forum can help you out with anything.

Greetings, fellow battlers!
My name is Remaine, but you can call me Rem or Rem Dogg!
I made this account purely for the sake of keeping up to date with tier changes, but simultaneously, it appears as though this forum is full of knowledgeable people who can provide a great insight on the meta (UU particularly)
I may not be the most knowledgeable person on the site but I can do the best I can to help and guide you with anything you would need help with. My friend Christian absolutely loves UU mainly because his favorite pokemon are mega ampharos and vaporeon. My favorite tier probably has to be RU. This site is a great place to keep up with the meta and there are a decent amount of staff members that can help you out if you ask nicely of course:). I'm not the most knowledgeable person for the UU tier but I can help out. Give me a shout if you need something. Thanks

Hi everyone, I just posted my first RMT. Check it out if you can!
It's been a while since I've done a team rating. A year actually I think to be exact. If you would like though I can check out your team just send me a link. I may be a little rusty though seeing as I haven't battled for a while now. Good luck on the site.

hello, my name is john, and my two fav pokemon are shellder and teddiursa
Wont deny teddiursa is kinda cute. If you want to go troll an ursaring lover you should post on this dude's profile Ksh13. :) Honestly cloyster has to be the rudest pokemon to face in UU. I wish you luck on the site John and let me know if you need something.

So should probably be polite and introduce myself.

My name is Adam and I'm a lurker just trying to get a few battles and learn to be a better battler.

I do things and stuff.
Lurking is cool but go for posting:). Never be shy to state your opinion especially in the real world mate:) Make sure your posts are relevant though to the topic. If you want to just post random stuff then go to the firebots lab there is tons of random stuff happening there. If you need a few tips with battling feel free to message me.

Yo! I'm Julius aka Creux/Magikarpz on PS, I made an account here to try to get some help on my teams.
My favorite game was Platinum cause that's when i really got into competitive battling. Anyways, if you
guys have any suggestions or have anything you wanna say to me then feel free to message me.
I love pokemon platinum and basically all of generation four. Generation four probably has to be the best pokemon generation ever in my opinion. I never got into competitive till around the end of black 2 and white 2. I spent a while and became dedicated at improving my skills. After that well I kinda stopped battlingXD. I now just giveaway battle ready pokemon to people that put them to good use. If you need help or tips feel free to message me and I'll help out the best way I can.

Hello there to all im new here n im looking foward to everything that smogun has to offer
Smogon has tons to offer. I highly recommend you check out the wifi forums. It's a great place for trading and has tournaments and giveaways. Do check out the rules also and offer stuff you obtained yourself. I went to the wifi forums first when I was a new user and my post count actually shows that I spend a ton of my time on the wifi forumsXD. If you need help let me know then.
Hi Smogon!

It has been a very long time since I was last around (I actually thought I had lost this account) but I have been recently considering getting back in to the competitive battling scene. The last pokemon game I played was Black / White (when weather dominated everything and Volt-Turn was beginning to show its face) but I have been playing since R/B was released and am potentially getting my teeth in to gen 6 with Sapphire, a personal favourite along with Gold and Platinum versions. I was initially off-put by the new Mega Evolutions but they seem to have been handled quite well and the changes to weather are intriguing.

I am certainly no great battler but I managed to create a team which peaked at 16 in the OU ladder during black and white, a great achievement for me after all these years of Pokemon :) Hopefully the metagame has only improved since then and I can find my feet after reading up on the plethora of additions / changes!

Nice to meet you all :)
Welcome back:). The meta certainly has changed and it probably will take you a while to get used to these changes. Weather sadly hasn't had as much of a huge impact as it used to have. I know I have said this numerous times but consider messaging me if you need some help with team building. Thanks.

oh hey o:

the name's matt, and i want to learn more about competitive pokemon and team-building. my age is 13 (sort of young, i know) and im really excited to meet some new people!

i also enjoy ssb

image.gif

Hi everyone! Name's either Dread or Ryan, I don't care! I love fire-types and Roleplay, even after being banned for something I have no idea what I did on the Roleplaying chat in PS! I have played most of the games, old to brand-spanking new, but I just started to battle competitively, against some of my friends who have been battling for years, so my life's rough!

XpRienzo

Would I lie to you?
Hi I'm XpRienzo, after spending a few months on PS I finally decided to make an account here as well. My favorite pokemon (design wise) is Reshiram. I love fire types and considering the amount of lazy I am I won't do anything here... =P

oh hey o:

the name's matt, and i want to learn more about competitive pokemon and team-building. my age is 13 (sort of young, i know) and im really excited to meet some new people!

i also enjoy ssb

View attachment 55513
Hey trust me from being on this site long enough there are plenty of people on this site at about your age. If you need someone to talk to and would like to just chat hit me up dude. I don't mind talking to people on the site now and then. I also can help you with some basic team building if you would like just let me know and also you should check out the smogon strategy dex. The strategy dex is a great place or source to check for a bunch of newbies. I also like super smash bros as well and have it for the wii U and 3ds. I'm trying to main cloud and I play some other fun characters like Ike, captain falcon, and occasionally little mac. It was smash bros that made me try out Xenoblade to. Xenoblade chronicles could possible be my favorite game of all time. This game truly rivals and defeats final fantasy in my opinion. If you want to talk and get to know others you should check out the firebot forums and you can also talk to these users Fluke, TheHoodedGamer and skylight assuming they're online and not busy.

Hi everyone! Name's either Dread or Ryan, I don't care! I love fire-types and Roleplay, even after being banned for something I have no idea what I did on the Roleplaying chat in PS! I have played most of the games, old to brand-spanking new, but I just started to battle competitively, against some of my friends who have been battling for years, so my life's rough!
Fun fact I used to be a mod on reddit and I was the fire gym leader for our league. I stepped down though recently because I felt like I wasn't dedicated enough and because I felt like I wouldn't have time. Yet I still have time to be on smogon:/ logic???....I used to have a ton of games till stupid technicalities. I like a bunch of old games myself and if we're gonna talk about old games I must say some cool classics have to be ocarina of time and star fox 64. Metal gear also has to be one of my favorite series although it seems like Xenoblade may change my opinion. I still also have to play my steam copies of final fantasy 7 and 13. I have so many un touched games for the minute but dang Xenoblade really has me addicted lol... Plus I have school so there are some limitations sadly:/...Feel free to talk to me or any of the other people mentioned above and I'll help out the best way I can.

Hi I'm XpRienzo, after spending a few months on PS I finally decided to make an account here as well. My favorite pokemon (design wise) is Reshiram. I love fire types and considering the amount of lazy I am I won't do anything here... =P
Reshiram probably is one of my favorite ubers. My favorite pokemon has to probably be volcarona or suicune. I love fire types as well and I think they're quite amazing. Sadly there aren't to many good fire pokemon. I'm sure we all have those lazy moments as well. Check my old giveaway threads from ages ago and some of those are the definition of lazy and disorganizedXD. Either ways if you want to talk about something feel free to let me know.

Hey all! I just made an account here and I'm looking for friends (
Like the username brings back great memories of giving my friend hell with dragonite. Either ways welcome to smogon if you want to talk let me know. I don't know about being friends...But I can follow youXD. Guess that's close enough:) Good luck on smogon.

Hi, I've been around the online Pokemon world since about '05/'06 or so when Smogon was still around on Netbattle and have had several alts, but I think this is one I'd really like to stick with/be known as. I was on a hiatus since '12 and I started playing again about a week ago. I'm just enjoying an old hobby to help keep my mind occupied and would maybe like to get more involved socially around the community in regards to putting in my $.02 on discussion, strategy, theory, etc in a[n] (hopefully) intelligent and constructive manner.

RBY/GSC/RSE are my favorite gens. X/Y is actually kind of fun and I'm currently learning how it works.

Been playing pokemon with Smogon Rules since 4th Gen. Never really thought of making an account till now, hope to chat it up with ma heroes one day. Kinda scrubby in this Post-Hoopa OU though ;T

Hi, I've been around the online Pokemon world since about '05/'06 or so when Smogon was still around on Netbattle and have had several alts, but I think this is one I'd really like to stick with/be known as. I was on a hiatus since '12 and I started playing again about a week ago. I'm just enjoying an old hobby to help keep my mind occupied and would maybe like to get more involved socially around the community in regards to putting in my $.02 on discussion, strategy, theory, etc in a[n] (hopefully) intelligent and constructive manner.

RBY/GSC/RSE are my favorite gens. X/Y is actually kind of fun and I'm currently learning how it works.
Not to much of a big fan of RBY myself sadly. I don't think the games hold up well and there not fast paced enough which makes them boring quickly. Not to mention the fighting mechanics are so unbalanced. X and Y are ok but I'm kinda indifferent to those games as well. My personal favorites have to be the games from generation 4 the best generation in my opinion. I came to the community about almost two years ago I think by now. I first started playing pokemon when diamond was new and I also got a copy of pokemon emerald as well. Those were great games. If you need help with anything feel free to let me know. Thanks

Been playing pokemon with Smogon Rules since 4th Gen. Never really thought of making an account till now, hope to chat it up with ma heroes one day. Kinda scrubby in this Post-Hoopa OU though ;T
Hey well the first time I came to smogon I kinda was scrubby to so I guess we all start somewhere:). I've been playing with smogon rules since the end of generation 5. In generation 6 that's when I took competitive battling a lot more seriously and that's when I started to improve the most as well. I personally think Hoopa isn't as amazing as people think but that's just my thought...Hope you enjoy the site if you need help with anything let me know.

Hello, I've been playing Pokemon since it Red and Blue came out in the US, but only recently got into playing the game "competitively" (AKA I mostly just chill on Showdown and play people for fun). A couple years ago I used to just use Showdown to mess around with my friends, only now am I trying to actually figure the game out. I'm trying to be a serious competitive gamer, but Pokemon is a game I only really play for fun. I still like winning in it, though, hence why I'm here.
Favorite Pokemon: Shuckle. It kinda started as a joke, back in 5th gen my friends and I all sucked and didn't know to have a Pokemon with Taunt, so I just stalled them all out with a Shuckle (Toxic/Rest/Power Split/Encore), but he's kinda cute and everyone I play seems to underestimate him now, plus Sticky Web support is so nice, so I actually enjoy using him. Plus he's basically my spirit animal, he sits there and does nothing, yet somehow succeeds.
I am on PS, under LordVincentEsq.
I could use some help patching up my teams, and potentially making others. Right now I'm just kinda screwing around with ways to make Shuckle viable for the fun of it, with some success.
Guess that's enough. Thanks, hope to have fun.

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hello, I've been playing Pokemon since it Red and Blue came out in the US, but only recently got into playing the game "competitively" (AKA I mostly just chill on Showdown and play people for fun). A couple years ago I used to just use Showdown to mess around with my friends, only now am I trying to actually figure the game out. I'm trying to be a serious competitive gamer, but Pokemon is a game I only really play for fun. I still like winning in it, though, hence why I'm here.
Favorite Pokemon: Shuckle. It kinda started as a joke, back in 5th gen my friends and I all sucked and didn't know to have a Pokemon with Taunt, so I just stalled them all out with a Shuckle (Toxic/Rest/Power Split/Encore), but he's kinda cute and everyone I play seems to underestimate him now, plus Sticky Web support is so nice, so I actually enjoy using him. Plus he's basically my spirit animal, he sits there and does nothing, yet somehow succeeds.
I am on PS, under LordVincentEsq.
I could use some help patching up my teams, and potentially making others. Right now I'm just kinda screwing around with ways to make Shuckle viable for the fun of it, with some success.
Guess that's enough. Thanks, hope to have fun.
Hey there LordVincentEsq!
How are you doing? Pokemon is a great game for both casual and competitive gamers. Since you're looking to get into the competitive side, you might be interested in Smogon's Battling 101 Program. The program consists of several one-on-one sessions between tutors and apprentices in the simulator, which serve to help the apprentice gain a better understanding of the metagame and improve their competitive skills. For example, the apprentice would learn teambuilding skills by building a team with the aid of the tutor. If this is something you're interested in, check out the Battling 101 forum.
Shuckle is a viable Pokemon now, because it gets both Sticky Web and Stealth Rock, making it a good lead Pokemon. A fun set to use is Stealth Rock, Sticky Web, Infestation, and Encore/Toxic.
If you need anything, feel free to send me a PM and I'll be happy to help. Otherwise, have a good time! :)

Hello,
My name is Chris (ccmwaltosax2), and I'm very excited to begin here at Smogon. I started with the third generation (Ruby), but I've played and beaten the elite four in at least one game from every generation. I recently completed a pokedex, so I wanted to start something new. I've never done competitive battling, so I came here to learn.

p.s. my favorite pokemon is Flygon.

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hello,
My name is Chris (ccmwaltosax2), and I'm very excited to begin here at Smogon. I started with the third generation (Ruby), but I've played and beaten the elite four in at least one game from every generation. I recently completed a pokedex, so I wanted to start something new. I've never done competitive battling, so I came here to learn.

p.s. my favorite pokemon is Flygon.
Hi ccmwaltosax2!
Welcome to Smogon! I also started with the third generation, but with Emerald. Since then, I've played every generation after the third, but unfortunately none from the first or second yet. My main focus in the games was to try to complete the Pokedex, but I never actually managed to do it.
What tiers are you looking to get started with? If you're not sure, try out some of the different tiers and find some you like. If you feel like you haven't really gotten the basics down, Random Battles are a great way for beginners to learn the basics of competitive battling. If you love using legendaries and very powerful Pokemon, Ubers is an enjoyable tier. There are a ton of different options for you to get involved with, so feel free to explore.
Once you've found some tiers you like, joining a chatroom in Showdown can be a big help. For example, if you like OU, joining the OverUsed chatroom in PS! can help you to get acquainted with the community and learn about the metagame.
In addition, the viability rankings are great for starting off with a tier. For a start, you can find the OU Viability Rankings here, and the UU Rankings here.
If you have any other questions, use the Simple Questions threads or PM me. Have a nice day!

Hi Everybody! I'm new on Smogon!
My favorite tiers is UnderUsed and I don't play on simulator, because I prefer battles on the console, it's nicer ^^
I made an account, because I've just finished to farm all my pokemon for the fight, and now, I'm ready :D
Thanks for reading and contact me if you want to fight ;)

Hi ccmwaltosax2!
Welcome to Smogon! I also started with the third generation, but with Emerald. Since then, I've played every generation after the third, but unfortunately none from the first or second yet. My main focus in the games was to try to complete the Pokedex, but I never actually managed to do it.
What tiers are you looking to get started with? If you're not sure, try out some of the different tiers and find some you like. If you feel like you haven't really gotten the basics down, Random Battles are a great way for beginners to learn the basics of competitive battling. If you love using legendaries and very powerful Pokemon, Ubers is an enjoyable tier. There are a ton of different options for you to get involved with, so feel free to explore.
Once you've found some tiers you like, joining a chatroom in Showdown can be a big help. For example, if you like OU, joining the OverUsed chatroom in PS! can help you to get acquainted with the community and learn about the metagame.
In addition, the viability rankings are great for starting off with a tier. For a start, you can find the OU Viability Rankings here, and the UU Rankings here.
If you have any other questions, use the Simple Questions threads or PM me. Have a nice day!
Hey! thanks for taking the time to respond! Its really cool to be a part of a pokemon community made up of fans just like me. I was really looking into RU, competitively speaking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)