General Introduce yourself!

lol i've just found this, anyway Hi everybody I'm Milak (also on ps!) and my favourite pokemon is Milotic!
I joined ps! on february and you can always find me in the rooms Italiano or Help since i'm driver (%) in both of them :) My smogon profile is pure sassyness and so is my ps! avatar, I love music, chocolate, tv series, films and tv.

Khloe Kardashian is my inspiration.
What's up Milak (or is it Mila K?) welcome to Smogon. Milotic is indeed a very majestic Pokemon, and I also like it very much. Any specific reasons you joined Smogon (other than talking about the Kardashians in Congregation of the Masses)? I personally (sorry) hate the Kardashians. Any Pokemon related reasons? Let me know :)

Milak

Stoïque fierté
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
What's up Milak (or is it Mila K?) welcome to Smogon. Milotic is indeed a very majestic Pokemon, and I also like it very much. Any specific reasons you joined Smogon (other than talking about the Kardashians in Congregation of the Masses)? I personally (sorry) hate the Kardashians. Any Pokemon related reasons? Let me know :)
uhm I actually joined smogon when i got promoted, since we have conversation here with all the staff members of the room, but then i actually follow the PS! forum trying to answer questions and help other people (when I can)

hi everyone, nice to meet you all. i've been playing pokemon since the pinball games and I've been into the competitive aspect of the games since 4th gen. finally made an account considering how much I lurk on it lol. but I'm hoping joining these forums will give me some insight on how I can up my game and maybe make some friends along the way as well.

• Your favourite Pokemon: Easy question, definitely Miltank! It became my favorite pokemon after struggling to defeat Whitney on my first time playing Pokemon Gold, Miltank was so overpowered! hhahaha Scizor is a close 2nd though.
  • Are you on PS? Hmmm seems like I am really new to this, I have no idea what PS is! hahah
  • What you plan to do here: I grew up playing Pokemon and took a "short" break from it (10 years!!!). I recently bought a used Nintendo 3DS with Pokemon X and Omega Ruby just to revisit my childhood and browsing through the internet I realized there's way more to the game than just catching your favorite Pokemons and beating gym leaders. I am also very interested in the mentor program!
  • Things you might need help with: I am interested in learning more about competitive battling. I want to learn more about team building, breeding, EV trainning and competing as I am new to this world!
  • A little background info about you in real life, if you're ok with sharing that: Well I am a grown man who grew up playing Pokemon. I started with Pokemon Red in the late 90's (97 or 98, can't remember) when my father gave me a Gameboy Pocket(it was black and white!!). Later on I bought a Gameboy Color and played Pokemon Yellow, Gold and Crystal. As I grew up I sort of "lost interest" in Pokemon (mostly because my friends thought it was a little kid's game and I did not want to be judged) and eventually stopped playing. I have been away from the Pokemon game for 10 years now and the last version I played was Pokemon Emerald when it was released as I bought it to my younger brother as a birthday present back in the day. Now I work full-time, have my own place and since I got my hands on a 3DS and the new games fell back in love with the game. I am honestly just the regular Pokemon fan that plays the game for fun and to catch my favorite Pokemons. As I stated before, I am very interested in learning more about competitive battling and all the stuff that comes with it and will definitely be applying for the Mentor program.
  • Favourite Pokemon games: Pokemon Crystal with Yellow being a close 2nd. I loved how long the game was and the fact that after beating the Elite 4 you had only completed half of the game. Also the game had all of my favorite Pokemons.
  • Fun Fact: As I said, I recently picked up a version of Pokemon X and Omega Ruby and with all the hundreds of new Pokemons available guess what is my team? Yup, same team as I had in Gold and Crystal!

Last edited:
  • What you plan to do here: I grew up playing Pokemon and took a "short" break from it (10 years!!!). I recently bought a used Nintendo 3DS with Pokemon X and Omega Ruby just to revisit my childhood and browsing through the internet I realized there's way more to the game than just catching your favorite Pokemons and beating gym leaders. I am also very interested in the mentor program!
  • Things you might need help with: I am interested in learning more about competitive battling. I want to learn more about team building, breeding, EV trainning and competing as I am new to this world!
  • A little background info about you in real life, if you're ok with sharing that: Well I am a grown man who grew up playing Pokemon. I started with Pokemon Red in the late 90's (97 or 98, can't remember) when my father gave me a Gameboy Pocket(it was black and white!!). Later on I bought a Gameboy Color and played Pokemon Yellow, Gold and Crystal. As I grew up I sort of "lost interest" in Pokemon (most because my friends thought it was a little kid's game and I did not want to be judged) and eventually stopped playing. I have been away from the Pokemon game for 10 years now and the last version I played was Pokemon Emerald when it was released as I bought it to my younger brother as a birthday present back in the day. Now I work full-time, have my own place and since I got my hands on a 3DS and the new games fell back in love with the game. I am honestly just the regular Pokemon fan that plays the game for fun and to catch my favorite Pokemons. As I stated before, I am very interested in learning more about competitive battling and all the stuff that comes with it and will definitely be applying for the Mentor program.
Haha, feel very much the same:) grow up experience, 'short break', full-time too, bought 3DS just 2 months ago... it is weird to see someone like seeing myself in the mirror..
And I guess we may have similar age too:P
I have X and AS, and I just came to Smogon last week, we both have a lot to learn:)
I've beaten AS (pokdex complete, oval/shiny charm got) and still in progress with X, but if considering breeding, rating battles I think the game will never be truly beaten.
In case I am a little earlier than you to pick up pokemon again, you can add me and I'm willing to help you with anything I'm capable of, like filling up pokedex, trading items... just except competitive battling, lol
My FC is 0061-3463-6525 and my IGN is BourneJason

Hey everyone! My name is Shannon and I just signed up on smogon. I honestly don't know how this happened, I always told myself that I'd never end up as one of those "smogon people" but after a while I started seeing how awesome their tactics were and started making my own off of them. One thing led to another and here I am :3 looking forward to contributing some of my ideas.

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hey everyone! My name is Shannon and I just signed up on smogon. I honestly don't know how this happened, I always told myself that I'd never end up as one of those "smogon people" but after a while I started seeing how awesome their tactics were and started making my own off of them. One thing led to another and here I am :3 looking forward to contributing some of my ideas.
Hello MechaSonic444!
How are you doing? What's wrong about us "Smogon people"? XD Where are you interested in contributing? The Competitive Discussion forum is the best place for you to share competitive ideas. If you're interested in the OU tier, visit the OverUsed subforum in Competitive Discussion, but before you start posting, read the rules, lurk sufficiently and know what you're talking about. The same applies to other tiers. If you have any questions during your time here at Smogon, feel free to ask in the Simple Questions threads, or PM me, Chesty, Dr Ciel, Erai14, Fluke, InfernapeTropius11, or TheHoodedGamer. Have a nice time and I'll see you around! :)

TheComposer here. Real name is Ryan Garcia, but while online Composer is the preferred way to reference me in a discussion. I am currently attending college, which is why it has taken a while for me to make an intro post, as I either don't have the time to post, or I forgot and went straight to Showdown. I originally started out as an OU player, but recently I have been gravitating towards doubles, which is unexpected as I had never tried doubles before. I've been preferring doubles to the switchfest grind of singles, which is the main reason I think I have shifted.

I started using Showdown to test teams that I could use at events at my college. Recently I have been playing more, so I thought I should get around to making a forum account and try to be active here as well. I guarantee nothing on that front, as I tend to disappear from forums rather quickly tbh, as I don't like to create posts if I feel that I have nothing of use to add.

I hope to find time to join tournaments around here eventually, but with college going on who knows how long that'll be.

Q&A TIME!!

Fav Pokemon: Blaziken, as it was my starter in Ruby, the first Pokemon game where I was old enough to start enjoying Pokemon.
Fav Pokemon Game: Emerald, it took what I loved about Ruby and made it better. The Battle Frontier was also a nice touch.
Fun Fact: I share my hometown with one of my instructors. We've had a lot of laughs about it because that place is terrible. c:

TheComposer here. Real name is Ryan Garcia, but while online Composer is the preferred way to reference me in a discussion. I am currently attending college, which is why it has taken a while for me to make an intro post, as I either don't have the time to post, or I forgot and went straight to Showdown. I originally started out as an OU player, but recently I have been gravitating towards doubles, which is unexpected as I had never tried doubles before. I've been preferring doubles to the switchfest grind of singles, which is the main reason I think I have shifted.

I started using Showdown to test teams that I could use at events at my college. Recently I have been playing more, so I thought I should get around to making a forum account and try to be active here as well. I guarantee nothing on that front, as I tend to disappear from forums rather quickly tbh, as I don't like to create posts if I feel that I have nothing of use to add.

I hope to find time to join tournaments around here eventually, but with college going on who knows how long that'll be.

Q&A TIME!!

Fav Pokemon: Blaziken, as it was my starter in Ruby, the first Pokemon game where I was old enough to start enjoying Pokemon.
Fav Pokemon Game: Emerald, it took what I loved about Ruby and made it better. The Battle Frontier was also a nice touch.
Fun Fact: I share my hometown with one of my instructors. We've had a lot of laughs about it because that place is terrible. c:
What's up Composer, welcome!
I see you like Pokemon Showdown huh. Even though I played (and still play) a lot of OU, I have never really liked it. I'd rather see some underrated Pokemon shine, hence I like NU, RU and UU. That's why I also like LC. I also like Ubers because you barely actually get to see those Pokemon. Don't worry, take your time when it comes down to college. Real life is always more important than a game.

Maybe you have already lurked around a bit, maybe you haven't. For any forum related questions you should check out the Smogon Simple Questions thread. If you feel like you want to get more personal, just PM me, Chesty, Dr Ciel, Erai14, QueBien, InfernapeTropius11, or TheHoodedGamer. These people like to chat as well :)

Hi!

My name's Daniel. I've played the Pokemon TCG on and off since 2006 (EX Holon Phantoms). Recently I decided to stop playing the TCG and start playing VGC because I don't want to spend the $ for the cards and tournament entry fees.

With the new VGC format for next season announced today, I'm somewhat discouraged. I'm not as interested in playing VGC now. Instead, I'm interested in exploring other formats. I'm particularly interested in building a team and playing in the NU format - any help with that (articles/threads that I should read, etc.) would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Hi!

My name's Daniel. I've played the Pokemon TCG on and off since 2006 (EX Holon Phantoms). Recently I decided to stop playing the TCG and start playing VGC because I don't want to spend the $ for the cards and tournament entry fees.

With the new VGC format for next season announced today, I'm somewhat discouraged. I'm not as interested in playing VGC now. Instead, I'm interested in exploring other formats. I'm particularly interested in building a team and playing in the NU format - any help with that (articles/threads that I should read, etc.) would be appreciated.

Thank you!
What's up, Super Stantler, welcome to Smogon ! I've been playing TCG for quite some time as well because it's just so addictingly fun. Anyway, if you're interested abut NU, the Neverused subforum has several threads that you can learn from & a number of events for you to participate in. If you need any further help eel free to send a PM to me, QueBien, Chesty, Fluke, Erai14, or TheHoodedGamer & we'd be more than happy to help you out. We're glad to have you here & we hope you enjoy your stay !

Hey guys Brandon and im 16. ive been playing pokemon for as long as i can remember starting with blue on my dads old gameboy color. agislash and gengar are my top 2 favorite pokemon by design. its a shame i cant use them in OU (damn it ubbers...) but yeah. i only started playing competitivly like a week or 2 ago on showdown so im kinda a scrub, BUT i have been learning so im slightly less terrible...slightly. anyways im teaching myself OU and im starting on monotype starting with mono steel (from my understanding mono ghost is kinda meh and requires a decent amount of skill to pilot correctly, which is something i lack) anyways ill see you around

Hey guys Brandon and im 16. ive been playing pokemon for as long as i can remember starting with blue on my dads old gameboy color. agislash and gengar are my top 2 favorite pokemon by design. its a shame i cant use them in OU (damn it ubbers...) but yeah. i only started playing competitivly like a week or 2 ago on showdown so im kinda a scrub, BUT i have been learning so im slightly less terrible...slightly. anyways im teaching myself OU and im starting on monotype starting with mono steel (from my understanding mono ghost is kinda meh and requires a decent amount of skill to pilot correctly, which is something i lack) anyways ill see you around
Welcome to Smogon, nice to meet your Brandon! I started with Yellow on the GBC as well, it's crazy how fast time flies. Technically speaking, only Mega Gengar is banned in OU, you can still use regular Gengar there :). I actually taught myself OU as well, by reading and watching more experienced players. If you ever want someone to practice with, feel free to drop me a message. There are plenty of friendly people in this thread around who'd be more than willing to guide new players.

Hi my name is Lordpyrrole, I was on Smogon for a while mostly to prove to my friends hat they were idiots in competitive battling, even though I am also a complete idiot.

I am not into the competitive side of things but I do like the community. I was on a different forum but the site that it was built around got shut down and after that the traffic of the forums slowed to a point where it became very boring.

My favorite Pokémon is Roserade and my favorite Generation is 4th gen.

I've been playing pokemon since gen 3, my favorite pokemon is relicanth, I enjoy playing monotypes usually water.

I'm also new to these forums.

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hi my name is Lordpyrrole, I was on Smogon for a while mostly to prove to my friends hat they were idiots in competitive battling, even though I am also a complete idiot.

I am not into the competitive side of things but I do like the community. I was on a different forum but the site that it was built around got shut down and after that the traffic of the forums slowed to a point where it became very boring.

My favorite Pokémon is Roserade and my favorite Generation is 4th gen.
Hey Lordpyrrole!
Welcome to Smogon! I joined Smogon shortly after I joined Showdown, but I wasn't actually active until a few months later. I'm no expert at competitive battling, that's for sure, but I do know enough to get by thanks to the Dex. My main tiers are Monotype and 1v1, mostly because they're quick yet interesting nonetheless.
Since you're not really into competitive battling, what are you interested in? For instance, do you like to trade/breed, or maybe complete the PokeDex? Smogon has several areas for you to get involved in, so feel free to explore. If you need any help during your time here, don't hesitate to ask me, or use the Smogon Simple Questions thread. Have a great time and I'll see you around!
I've been playing pokemon since gen 3, my favorite pokemon is relicanth, I enjoy playing monotypes usually water.

I'm also new to these forums.
How's it going, lloebet?
I've also been playing since Generation 3, specifically Emerald. Torchic is my favorite starter because of that, but my favorite Pokemon is Bisharp. Monotype is my favorite type, but though my favorite type is Steel, I usually use Bug. I guess it's because the Bug type has many Pokemon to counter its weaknesses, though it has many. If you haven't already, I would recommend visiting the Monotype room in PS! if you're looking to get involved with the Monotype community. If you have any questions while you explore the forums, you can send a PM to me, Chesty, Dr Ciel, Fluke, InfernapeTropius11, or TheHoodedGamer. I hope you enjoy your stay here! :)

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums as well as competitive play for VG. Ive been looking to expand on my competitive play and develop new play styles.
Is there a thread for trading? I'm looking for a few guys for breeding.
A). Gothita with heal pulse
B). Ghastly with perish song and disable
C). Poliwag with encore
D). Female Scraggy with Intimidate

Any help would be appreciated! And I have decent trades with IVs.

Feel free to message me if you're looking for anything :)

Hi there, I'm Punkvis, 25yo from Rome.

I started playing pokemon from Blue version and competitive way since Diamond/Pearl.
I really love that so is not over yet :D

I noticed smogon years ago as very intresting community
and I believe that sharing this passion with a group like that will be a great experience.
Let's get started

Hi guys, u can call me "Saraii", i'm from Brazil, have 22 years old and i come here to learn and improve
my competitive skills, and training my english because i don't speak so good kkk... I come from brazilian
forum called PokéEVO so it's not my first time in a forum... Ah, i'm a brazilian youtuber too, have a small
channel but another time i'll show to u all... So this is it, thanks and bye!

:mad:

Heatmor

Banned deucer.
Greetings, I am Heatmor, new to Competitive Pokemon battling.
My quest is to get eight Smogon Badges, so I can become a true Pokemon Master.

Hey guys and ladies, this is my first post on smogons but im not new to pokemon world, hope to make some good friends here and have fun while playing pokemon :)

27 years old guy from Turkey, married and have a daughter. Working as a Jail Warden, like to read history (especially medieval era and before up to hellenic word), going gym, playing basketball and waiting my nintendo 3ds to arrive so i can start playing.

Hey Lordpyrrole!
Welcome to Smogon! I joined Smogon shortly after I joined Showdown, but I wasn't actually active until a few months later. I'm no expert at competitive battling, that's for sure, but I do know enough to get by thanks to the Dex. My main tiers are Monotype and 1v1, mostly because they're quick yet interesting nonetheless.
Since you're not really into competitive battling, what are you interested in? For instance, do you like to trade/breed, or maybe complete the PokeDex? Smogon has several areas for you to get involved in, so feel free to explore. If you need any help during your time here, don't hesitate to ask me, or use the Smogon Simple Questions thread. Have a great time and I'll see you around!
I like to breed Pokémon, I love the thought of breeding a perfect IV Pokémon and I have a few times, but I ususally never end up EV training them or making them into any sort of competitive Pokémon. I also am not that big of a fan of completing the Pokedex though I do have some friends that are, one of them is less than 5 Pokémon away from completing the original Ruby pokedex. I really just like learning about Pokémon more and more until I can say that I know a lot about it haha.

Hey guys im not neccasarily new here but this is my first account and im on PS pretty commonly but not all the time. Would love to make friends and my all time favorite pokemon is lucario!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)