General Introduce yourself!

Sup guys my name is HoneyBunKing. (I'm addicted to HoneyBuns by the way.) I'm been in the competitive scene for a while now and been on smogon for quite a while also. Feel free to message me!

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
OK so this isn't really an introduction post, but instead a re-introduction post, after my hiatus of around 1-2 years, if memory serves well.

So hello, my name is Powergo1 and prefer cartridge games over simulator, but I do dabble in simulator. See you around :D
Hey Powergo1!
Congrats on your return! Have a fun time re-exploring and I'll see you around, too!
hi! im TeamSwampart, AKA Wesley. im 20 years old, and have been playing since gen three. ive just recently began getting into competitive battles through Pokemon Showdown! Feel free to message me!
Hi TeamSwampart!
I've also been playing since Gen 3! Emerald remains my favorite game to date. If you would like some help starting your competitive battling journey, take a look at this guide. Otherwise, find your favorite rooms and threads, and have a good time!
Hiho. My online names are Kaleandra or Kraya. I've been playing Pokemon ever since Pokemon Red came out and only skipped the S/W, S/W 2 and X/Y games so far which makes ORAS a very different and exciting experience for me. I have never played competitively before, but feel the urge to do so. My knowledge of competitive gaming is insufficient, though. That's why I came here. I want to learn and hope to get help from more experienced players to hopefully build one or more decent team/s that will bring me success, but first and foremost fun.
Hello Kaleandra!
Nice to meet an original player! Since you are new to competitive battling, I would recommend visiting this page. In addition, here is a guide to the different tiers we have to offer. Have a great time, and PM a mentor if you would like some extra competitive help!
Hey everyone!
I'm CubicTelevision, 18/M from the UK but currently travelling abroad in Australia. Huge Pokemon fan, preferred format is VGC/ Doubles. I'm new to smogon but have been playing competitively for a few months. I always find it fun to use a less common pokemon on my teams, such as M-Abomasnow or Raticate. If you want to chat or discuss strategies/ sets, feel free to reply :)
Hi CubicTelevision!
Welcome to Smogon! Have you visited the "VGC" or "Doubles" rooms in Showdown? I love using uncommon Pokemon, too, and I find it makes the game more interesting to battle a creative team. Have a good time here and ask questions if you have any!
Sup guys my name is HoneyBunKing. (I'm addicted to HoneyBuns by the way.) I'm been in the competitive scene for a while now and been on smogon for quite a while also. Feel free to message me!
Nice to meet you HoneyBunKing!
My name is QueBien, and I'm addicted to Ques. (Wait what?) I guess you could say I'm a queasy quesadilla on a quest to quell a queen's queue of queries. ;3 Anyways, don't hesitate to ask questions (LOL) if you have any, and have a great time!

What's good smogon? I hope someone gets that. Anyway, I'm Epic Ninja, I've been playing pokemon since Red, only got interested in competitive in 6th gen, I found smogon actually through a you tube video. My favorite type is dragon, because I've always been obsessed with dragons. ORAS is imo some of the best games by far.

Hello I'm Absolentei, bet you can't guess what my favorite pokemon are *sarcasm*

I love pokemon that resemble dogs like Arcanine, Mightyena, Houndoom to name a few and my favorite pokemon type is dark. My first pokemon game was Crystal.

I'm new to competitive battling using smogon's rules and looking to start competing in OU. However, I do have a few competitive pokemon I have bred by following some of this site's standard sets. As for what got me into smogon, I've been watching competitive PokeTubers such as Haydunn, Mootypwns and ShadyPenguinn who have inspired me since XY came out. Anyone else who's new here, I recommend you check their channels out on youtube.

If you wish you could sign up for Battling 101, the next round starts on 25th January. Spots fill up quickly, though!

If you wish for an elaboration that smogon's tiering system/what top-level people use isn't "elitist," you should probably read the resources in the OU subforum. The thing is, some Pokemon are inherently better/easier to fit onto teams than others. It's what helps maintain diversity and innovation, as weird as it sounds. Have fun!

Welcome to smogon, feel free to ask any of our mentors if you have any questions!
You misquote me friend. I said or at the least I meant their attitude. Perhaps you should read carefully before you interpret others.

You misquote me friend. I said or at the least I meant their attitude. Perhaps you should read carefully before you interpret others.
This is for introductions only, not arguments, but 'views' does not mean the same as 'attitude'. I do agree that their attitudes might be elitist, sorry for misunderstanding!

Hello I'm Absolentei, bet you can't guess what my favorite pokemon are *sarcasm*

I love pokemon that resemble dogs like Arcanine, Mightyena, Houndoom to name a few and my favorite pokemon type is dark. My first pokemon game was Crystal.

I'm new to competitive battling using smogon's rules and looking to start competing in OU. However, I do have a few competitive pokemon I have bred by following some of this site's standard sets. As for what got me into smogon, I've been watching competitive PokeTubers such as Haydunn, Mootypwns and ShadyPenguinn who have inspired me since XY came out. Anyone else who's new here, I recommend you check their channels out on youtube.
giratina-o? anyway, while youtubers are nice, a lot of them (BlameTruth anyone?) either play for just fun or are pretty clueless on what actually to run (I don't mean to be condescending, but still). There are a lot of great YouTubers you can learn stuff from, though.

By the way, do you know Pokemon Showdown!, this website's official simulator? It's far easier to battle there than on cartridge if that is your sole purpose. Also, you can catch up on what's going in OU currently by seeing the OU subforum. Happy battling! n_n

What's good smogon? I hope someone gets that. Anyway, I'm Epic Ninja, I've been playing pokemon since Red, only got interested in competitive in 6th gen, I found smogon actually through a you tube video. My favorite type is dragon, because I've always been obsessed with dragons. ORAS is imo some of the best games by far.
Lol that makes me wish I had ORAS haha. Anyway, feel free to check out any of the subforums on the top of the website as per your fancy; you could even sign up for Battling 101 or the Mentorship program if you feel like you need help from a more experienced player! Feel free to ask any questions, and welcome to smogon!

Kingler12345

M8 I don't mean to argue but you "lecture" me on how this isn't for arguements and yet arguementation doesn't imply taste mainly because when you argue your not likely to change someones taste. And yes in this case the way they act, implies their views.

Last edited:
Kingler12345 I have signed up for showdown a few weeks ago. I have been midly successful with a team I modeled after the pokemon I bred in XY/ORAS, yet I have only had about 10 battles there. Is there a way to link my showdown account to this account or is it automatically connected? I have it under the same name but they were made at seperate times.

Kingler12345 I have signed up for showdown a few weeks ago. I have been midly successful with a team I modeled after the pokemon I bred in XY/ORAS, yet I have only had about 10 battles there. Is there a way to link my showdown account to this account or is it automatically connected? I have it under the same name but they were made at seperate times.
Sorry, the process of linking these is something that is being worked on (I myself don't know how it's gonna be implemented but I know that it will). Have fun on showdown, though!

Hey Absolentei! What is the team you use on showdown?

Hello, I'm thegrovylekid and I'm trying to join the world of singles, as most of my experience is from VGC. Your metagame seems interesting, even though I've been battling on PS! and on smogon for a few months now. The point of banning seems quite strange to me.

My current OU team:
Physical tank Gardevoir
Alomomola Cleric
DDance Dragonite
Wall Trevenant
CM Clefable
M Pidgeot

Hello, I'm thegrovylekid and I'm trying to join the world of singles, as most of my experience is from VGC. Your metagame seems interesting, even though I've been battling on PS! and on smogon for a few months now. The point of banning seems quite strange to me.
If you are not already informed about tiers i suggest you look it up. But banning is essentially a way to get rid of Pokemon deemed to op for any tier. Hope this helped!!

If you are not already informed about tiers i suggest you look it up. But banning is essentially a way to get rid of Pokemon deemed to op for any tier. Hope this helped!!
Do you check how well a Pokémon might fare in the tier above, and make adjusments to the above tier as neccesary so every Pokémon can be their best?

Do you check how well a Pokémon might fare in the tier above, and make adjusments to the above tier as neccesary so every Pokémon can be their best?
Essentially, Yes but it's usually determined by how much more powerful Poke'mon of the same tier are in comparison. And in reality what a lot of people forget is tiers are actually based more on how much it's used rather then how good it actually is.

CubicTelevision I use Mega Absol (can't resist) lol, a special scarfed Salamence, Calm mind defensive Clefable, bulky roost Scizor, gunk shot Diggersby, and mixed defensive Heat Rotom. Have u battled on showdown? What team do you use?
Haha could have guessed the absol really! Yeah been battling on showdown, not seen a gunk shot diggersby though! The team I'm using atm is a follow me Togekiss, Guts/ Facade Raticate, bulky Rotom wash, banded scizor, prankster Sableye and life orb Talonflame. Talonflame and Rotom I used to dislike, but after using them more they work really well

Hi all, I recently joined smogon which I shoulda joined ages ago :) as i use it a lot for ev spread ideas and ideal movesets. In game I'm a breeder but cos of a friend, I got into competitive battling 4 months ago and that was when I found showdown :) i use the monotype section as i find it more challenging (atm), InfernapeTropius11 told me to join smogon and I must say this is a nice forum.
I look forward to using this forum for all my pokemon needs :)

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
this might be off-topic but how do you change your profile picture?
Hi Bigheadaus!
Just click your name in the top-right part of the webpage, then click your avatar. It will take you to your profile page. Click again on your picture, and select the photo/gif you want (must be less than 100 kb), and it will become your avatar! Have fun!

Good afternoon, everyone! I'm new to the boards here, just getting my first team together and am going to post that later.

But for now just wanted to introduce myself.
I'm Jordan, and honestly have no clue how to pronounce at least half of the pokemon's names. I never watched the show, nor the movies. I actually got into card game maybe 4-5 years ago, as a fun way to spend time with my step-kids. They really enjoyed it, so I started a League for them and their friends (the League grew from 6 to about 50 members in under a year, so it went decently well). Then we started playing the VGs starting in BW. Recently got divorced, and having my own son the majority of the time I didn't have time to be a LO, LL, TO, etc, or time to go to the meetings, so I signed the League over to someone else (yeh yeh, I missed the Eon Ticket). So that's my history about Pokemon. Have a wonderful day, folks!

Good afternoon, everyone! I'm new to the boards here, just getting my first team together and am going to post that later.

But for now just wanted to introduce myself.
I'm Jordan, and honestly have no clue how to pronounce at least half of the pokemon's names. I never watched the show, nor the movies. I actually got into card game maybe 4-5 years ago, as a fun way to spend time with my step-kids. They really enjoyed it, so I started a League for them and their friends (the League grew from 6 to about 50 members in under a year, so it went decently well). Then we started playing the VGs starting in BW. Recently got divorced, and having my own son the majority of the time I didn't have time to be a LO, LL, TO, etc, or time to go to the meetings, so I signed the League over to someone else (yeh yeh, I missed the Eon Ticket). So that's my history about Pokemon. Have a wonderful day, folks!
Hi, welcome to smogon! Hope your league goes well and if you have any questions regarding the site, feel free to ask! Make sure you read the RMT rules before posting and gl with your team n_n

Hello everyone. I've had an account on smogon for some time now, and have been lurking since just before BW came out. This might be my second ever post though. I have been a fan since RBY but stopped playing at gen 3. I got back into pokemon halfway through college as a way to connect with some of my teammates and they took to it well. I kept going down the rabbit hole though and now I spend a lot of time playing, watching youtube for, or just generally thinking about pokemon. I'm 26 now and married, I also move around quite a bit due to the nature of my work/sport. So as you can imagine, it's not too easy to find people to play with irl. That is why I finally decided to post in this thread and start trying to find other people to play with consistently/bounce team building ideas off of. After watching so much aim/chimpact/blunder/whoever else and listening to their advice about how playing with friends helps to make you better, I finally got motivated to take some action. So hopefully I can meet some folks and start improving!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)