International WiFi Tournament -International Challenge- WON BY Cybertron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, after my connection went I've had trouble finding more games, so I think my tournament is over now.

Well, after my connection went I've had trouble finding more games, so I think my tournament is over now.
The same thing happened to me, I got D/Ced after I won a battle and now I can't find an opponent. Oh well, a rating of 1743 with an unfinished team (which includes strong pokemon like ITEMLESS HITMONTOP) is pretty good.

Good game Tenodera! 3rd smogoner so far, with a record of 2-1 against them. :)

vs. JRank: 2-0
vs. GreySong: 0-1
vs. Tenodera: 4-1

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Final day:

(37th) vs CACHY (Castile-La Mancha, Spain) Rating: 1464 = Win 4-0
(38th) vs Javier (Costa Rica) Rating: 1395 = Lost 0-1 (I played like a noob...against a guy who ran Giga Impact on Stoutland and Surf on Feraligatr!)
(39th) vs MaTTa (Mexico) Rating: 1947 = Lost 2-3 (forfeited)
(40th) vs Marco (Hesse, Germany) Rating: 1652 = Win 1-0
(--) vs LUVIER (Mexico) Rating: 1948 = Draw (Communication error) (Not counting in overall results)
(--) vs Jordan (New Jersey, USA) Rating: 1490 = Draw (Connection with other person lost) (Not counting in overall results)
(41st) vs Rodrigo (São Paulo, Brazil) Rating: 1403 = Win 2-0 (I don leik Glameow right now)
(42nd) vs Ricardo (Madrid, Spain) Rating: 1396 = 4-1 (opponent forfeited)
(43rd) vs Matman (?) Rating: 1696 = Lost 0-2 (Hey...it's Hozu's favorite opponent!)
(44th) vs Nick (Kentucky, USA) Rating: 1481 = Win 1-0
(45th) vs Ale (Texas, USA) Rating: 1441 = Win 3-0
(--) vs JOHN (Georgia, USA) Rating: 1473 = Draw (Connection with other person lost) (not counting in overall result)
(46th) vs Phipi (Stockholm, Sweden) Rating: 1496 = Win 3-0
(47th) vs Lilith (Austria) Rating: 1643 = Win 1-0 (Battle Video: 48-94546-90618)
(48th) vs Daniel (?) Rating: 1624 = Win 2-0
(49th) vs HERBERT (El Salvador) Rating: 1300 = Win 4-0
(50th) vs Daniel (Virginia, USA) Rating: 1541 = Win 2-0 (Battle Video: 40-65423-31325)

And...that does it for me! Full results in Munchlax's belly:

40 minutes to go, after an awful tournament but pretty good last day, I'm at my ratings peak of 1680. The race for 1700 is on!

(It would help if I could find an opponent!)

1721. My goal: break into the 1800's
I keep getting paired with low ranked people which gives me wins but I don't get many points for winning.

peng

policy goblin
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Looks like I'm finishing up on 1803 ranking, 42 wins, 3 losses and probably over 100 DCs. My record in the last 2 days alone is 0 wins, 0 losses and around 50 DCs. I've just been matched up with the same 5/6 people over and over again (to drop some names: CARLOS and Sparkz are the only 2 people I've been matched up against for the last 4 hours or so). My losses were against Havak and Gree, who both outplayed me for their wins, and Showsni who got pretty lucky with a Rock Slide flinch and Zen Headbutt miss in the opening turns, but I ultimately lost to a misclick as I double protected against an obvious tailwind set-up when I meant to Meteor Mash to seal me the game. I've posted all the video codes for those somewhere in this thread, I might go and find them again and put them in this post if I can be bothered.

Luckily I stopped taking this seriously after Day 1 when my DC rate got to around 30%. Despite the ridiculous amount of DCs against me I got a few really good games out of it, and my team performed really well considering I've had a lot of people telling me to stop using certain Pokes because they suck over the last 2 weeks or so (namely MVP Rotom-H!). For anyone interested, I'll C+P my team below. If you think you played this team then let me know; I'm interested to see if I've played any other smogoners!

Metagross @ Occa Berry
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 152 HP / 212 Atk / 144 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Meteor Mash
- Protect

Rotom-H @ Fire Gem
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Hitmontop (F) @ Fight Gem
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spd
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Sucker Punch
- Wide Guard

Tyranitar (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 148 HP / 252 Atk / 108 Spd
- Crunch
- Rock Slide
- Taunt
- Protect

Salamence (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Sunny Day
- Flamethrower

Gastrodon-Ea (Gastrodon-East) (F) @ Rindo Berry
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Muddy Water
- Icy Wind
- Earth Power
- Protect

This is by far the most fun team I've ever used in VGC this season. At UK Nationals I used a pretty standard Hitmontop / Tyranitar / Cresselia / Garchomp / Thundurus / Ludicolo team, but I seriously couldn't put up with using boring stuff like that for another 150-odd battles in this tournament, so I decided to go with this one which I made a couple of days after Nats. Rotom-H is definitely the MVP, with its insanely powerful Fire Gem Overheat probably causing more opponents to DC than any other aspect of the team. This guy has OHKOd countless Zapdos, Hitmontop, and Occa Metagross over the course of the tournament. Scarf Salamence was also really cool for cleaning up late-game with Dragon Claw / Earthquake, and just generally grabbing surprise KOs on non-Haban Latios and Garchomp, which caused a fair few DCs as well.

Oh well. Although I understand that TPCi (or whoever runs these things, I seriously don't know) can't really do much else to prevent DCs than what they are already doing, this tournament has been far more rage-inducing for me than I feel it was worth. I don't think I'll be playing in the next one, although I'll probably change my mind when registration starts!

I was getting ready to battle Red, and there was a DC right before the team preview showed up....
I know it wasn't you red. The wifi itself has been acting weird lately.

Yeah, with a rating at 1442, I don't think I'm gonna pull this out of the crapper in 45 minutes. I'm out.

With that, I think I'll post the team that got me through this tournament, even if we weren't always... successful.

Dragonite@Lum Berry
Adamant nature
Multiscale
*don't remember the EVs, but I'm pretty sure they were mostly in Attack and Speed*
~Roost
~Dragon Claw
~Dragon Dance
~Fire Punch

I didn't use Dragonite all too often, but when I did, it was really impressive. Multiscale isn't quite as impressive in doubles, as it's only too easy for the opponent to gang up on Dragonite, but mine still did just fine.

Galvantula@Wise Glasses
Timid nature
Compoundeyes
255 Sp. Atk/255 Spd
~Bug Buzz
~Energy Ball
~Thunder
~Charge Beam

I used Galvantula fairly often and to good effect mostly. Usually what I would do is send it in against something that was already considerably weakened, and finish it off with Charge Beam, usually reaping a Special Attack boost in the process. And of course, the incredibleness that is Compoundeyes Thunder cannot be emphasized enough. Whenever my opponent packed a Politoed, I chose Galvantula.

Zweilous@Eviolite
Adamant nature
Hustle
255 HP/255 Atk
~Crunch
~Protect
~Fire Fang
~Outrage

Anyone remember this little two-headed puppy from the Autumn Friendly? I was so blown by its remarkable performance in that tournament that I couldn't not include it this time around. And it rarely disappointed. This time, though, there was some Hustle-born accuracy hax, and it cost me a match or two. But the victories made up for it.

Yanmega@Expert Belt
Modest nature
Speed Boost
255 Sp. Atk/255 Spd
~Protect
~Bug Buzz
~Air Slash
~Shadow Ball

Hitmontop@Muscle Band
Adamant nature
Technician
*don't remember the exact EVs, but I know Attack was maxed out*
~Bulldoze
~Fake Out
~Aerial Ace
~Mach Punch

I led every single match with Yanmega and Hitmontop. First turn was always Yanmega's Protect and Hitmontop's Fake Out. The two worked well together, and could also function just fine if forced to work solo.

Gengar@Life Orb
Timid nature
Levitate
255 Sp. Atk/255 Spd
~Shadow Ball
~Sludge Bomb
~Focus Blast
~Thunderbolt

I didn't actually use Gengar all that often. It was usually Hitmontop, Yanmega, Galvantula, and one of the two Dragon-types. Worked fairly well when I did use it, though.

And here's the numbers for two battle videos of some pretty decent matches.

84-09867-75135 (Two heads are better than three!)
40-65423-31575 (Took no damage whatsoever!)

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok I'm done now. Did much better than last time, but because almost all my losses were in the latter half of my plays, my rating is only 2 more than Autumn I think!

Final Rating: 1753
Peak rating: 1848
Games Completed: 100 (82-18-9)
Longest Streak: 43

I got a lot of good practice out of this and know of a few team change-ups I'd like to do though. Way better than PO for figuring out a regional team. I hope they do more of these!

I played POKEMAN as my 99th battle (and 18th loss) who I think might come around here? gg man. Some bad misses on both sides.

Had a good time battling except for the DC's! Nice to test out my team for real since I'm new to VGC.

Not sure if I met any smogonites other than Matty and Dozz. Matty obviusly won, don't remember the Dozz score since I quit taking notes. :(

If you met someone from Sweden that was probably me! Satisfied at 1750ish.

Ok I'm done for this now. My favourite moments were my rematch vs Showni despite the bad hax at the end and my other is when my team made a guy running rain run at 4-1 ^_^

I make sand look fun :3

Had a good time battling except for the DC's! Nice to test out my team for real since I'm new to VGC.

Not sure if I met any smogonites other than Matty and Dozz. Matty obviusly won, don't remember the Dozz score since I quit taking notes. :(

If you met someone from Sweden that was probably me! Satisfied at 1750ish.
Sorry for the DP.

What was your name? I think I may have faced you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)