International Wi-Fi Tournament - Autumn Friendly [OVER - Rankings Released Nov. 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spain one-two, eh? Congratulations to Ruben!

Also credit to TPCi for seemingly weeding out a lot of the dc'ers. Seems they may have been a bit overzealous...bad luck Midknights, you sure your connection wasn't dodgy?

320th with 1713, peak rating would have put me in the top 200, reasonably happy =]

Ruben, congrats

I came 10th, which I'm pretty happy with. If I had started earlier or hadn't given up I might have done better, but I don't really care.

I'm surprised at a few people not having their results up, but to be fair I got DC'd against at least 50 times so i dont know...

So does this mean that whoever gets disqualified can't enter any other wifi tournaments?

I hope that a good amount of the D/Cers did get DQed :/

I'm happy with my ranking, managed to make it in the top 200s (243 to be exact). I hope I do better next time~

Though I'm sorry to hear that Synre got DQed that really sux.

Congratz to all you guys who made it on the list! (especially the ones I know). Lol95 is 52 and mattj is 51, good goin' guyz B]

(and of course congratz to Ruben ;P)

Top 10 (Smogon name)

1 - RubeNCB92 (RubeNCB92)
2 - Daz96
3 - Shaoweh
4 - Rukario518 (Rukario)
5 - BLACKChrome
6 - culex16
7 - zhecare
8 - Mojanbo
9 - jeudyco
10 - 7014gree (7014gree)

Inform me if anyone else has a Smogon account that I didn't mention.

Is the Uwe 16th the same Uwe that was the DCer using the hacked Beat up/Encore Whimsicott...?

Confirmed, I posted his location when skarm and I ran into him on the ladder. I hope any sneaky tournament directors reading this post focus a little more at least on obvious shit like impossible Pokemon next time. How completely absurd.

Ruben, congrats

I came 10th, which I'm pretty happy with. If I had started earlier or hadn't given up I might have done better, but I don't really care.

I'm surprised at a few people not having their results up, but to be fair I got DC'd against at least 50 times so i dont know...
Ya, I got dced on at least 60 times. So I have no idea how i didn't get dqued if they were doing it that way.

My opinion on this is...

either the disqualification system was glitchy and just couldn't tell what's what or people aren't as truthful as they say they are. Probably the former.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
My hypothesis is that the frequency at which you "d/c" (when I say "d/c" I mean either you get d/ced on, or you d/c yourself, whether intentionally, or by accident due to connection problems) determines whether you're disqualified or not. I recall Cybertron complaining a lot about d/cers and I'm pretty sure he got d/ced on very very frequently. I feel that others who did d/c were a bit more discreet about it, d/cing only every few battles, and were able to circumvent the system.

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I hope that if one of these tournaments are held again, they'll have some better way of seeing who D/C's and better ways of DQing them. The system was easily exploited by decent players who made the tournament unenjoyable for those playing legitimately.

Would definitely have liked to see cybertron get his deserved ranking instead of being dq'd while other players who obviously bullshitted their ranking actually get on the top 10 list.

Also what Synre said about the known Whimsicott hacker guy, good to see him in the top 16....

Well I got disqualified and I didn't intentionally DC either. I think I had just 1 out of my 16 battles where my wi-fi hiccuped. Oh well. I would have liked to have seen how well I did but I didn't put much effort into the tourney anyway.

well kinneas that's good to know

because i got 10075 / 10076

only one person more dedicated than i did better, with a ranking of 948. guess i'm bested.

just wanted to say that known dcers doing better than my boy cybertron is bs, seeing as he avoided many social obligations to try to win

did you think he was the national champion because he disconnected on his opponents

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
how do the spanish qualifiers work if every time a player loses they d/c????????

i imagine that cant go well....

Well it's official, they really got to upgrade their D/C tracker cuz it really sux that most d/cers didn't get DQd but people who had internet hiccups did >:/

I wonder if they'll stick with what they say that if you get DQed you can't enter any other tournaments etc. Someone should email them and complain (that is if you wan to waste your time and get a robotic response).

Towards the end of the tournament, I was being disconnected on several times, close to a ratio of 2:3 for the disconnectors. Towards the beginning it wasn't as frequent which is probably why some of us were affected by the disconnectors and some of us weren't.

As Eraddd said, it was probably determined by the frequency of the disconnections, rather than the amount of disconnections.

My hypothesis is that the frequency at which you "d/c" (when I say "d/c" I mean either you get d/ced on, or you d/c yourself, whether intentionally, or by accident due to connection problems) determines whether you're disqualified or not. I recall Cybertron complaining a lot about d/cers and I'm pretty sure he got d/ced on very very frequently. I feel that others who did d/c were a bit more discreet about it, d/cing only every few battles, and were able to circumvent the system.
I got DC'd against quite frequently, and I wasn't DQ'd. I didn't want to exaggerate when I said ~50 dc'd against me - I didn't count but it was probably closer to 100. On the last day I was only finishing 1 out of 3 battles at best, so I gave up.

Synre's post proves that this tournament was 100% bullshit though.

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I hope someone from Nintendo/someone who has substantial influence within Game Freak sees the disappointment many players hold. Not only do they make the people who play angry, they kept people away (such as myself) from playing, because evidently their "DC detector" (for lack of a better word) is bad enough to disqualify so many legitimate players, not to mention keeping the ones who blatantly cheated in. (even then, they hold the tournament in an old format barely a month before we have regionals in a different format, also a format many people expressed anger at, being so luck-based)

then again nintendo may only be in it for the money because we'll still buy the games, so screw the customers!

unreality said:
how'd you lose with that many points

yeah you better edit your post unreality

I got DC'd against quite frequently, and I wasn't DQ'd. I didn't want to exaggerate when I said ~50 dc'd against me - I didn't count but it was probably closer to 100. On the last day I was only finishing 1 out of 3 battles at best, so I gave up.

Synre's post proves that this tournament was 100% bullshit though.
Ya, I had a run in with that guy too =\ which is complete BS. I just don't understand how the said DC detector works though. My experience was like Rukario. In the beginning very few DCs. Towards the end(especially the last day) my dcs got out of control. I think on the last day I was finishing battles at a rate of like 1:5. It really was silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)