International Wi-Fi Tournament - Autumn Friendly [OVER - Rankings Released Nov. 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just battled a guy called Kunro with a 1383 rating. It felt kind of bad, you know? He clearly had his in game team, and here was I ripping it apart with my RNG'ed monsters. His starter, Samuwott, his dedicated flyer, Unfezant, the first Munna he got, now a Musharna, a Haxorus and Mienshao he'd had to have caught late and trained up to get the levels high enough, and his verison's genie that he'd tracked down and thrown onto the team, though he forebore using it in the actual match, preferring to use his friends.

And as my Audino trained intensively bred Pokémon were ripping through his team, Sporing one and KOing the other every turn whilst he sat there with everything asleep, I guess I felt that really his Pokémon were the lucky ones. They'd been out, seen the world, adventured across Unova... Mine were created in some lab, selectively bred to remove the flaws and trained before being locked in the battle box never to see the light of day again.

And he sat there and took it in good humour, never disconnecting as I beat him, even though at a 1383 rating he must have been having this happen almost every match.

Well, I have to say, you are the more noble Pokémon trainer.
That's some speach there but I do believe everyone have that sentiment towards their pokemon and what not.

That would be me... stupid miss -_-

EDIT: Wow I played so bad lol... gg.

i just can't get above 1850 can i fofofofoofof

AHHHH IM AT 1823 :((((((

More batttles, got back to 1714, not like it's a lot but for someone with no experience of VGC stuff nor doubles, it's pretty okay.

4. Mokasa, Mexico, 1680 pt. 1-0 (victory) pretty close match, but I'm getting tired of Terracott. Back to 1700s :D
5. Pawn200, None, 1158 pts (lolwut?), in-game team, underleveled, pretty much entered every AoE'er I had to get it done quick, felt really bad for doing it, took his loss like a man. 4-0 (victory)
6. TAPALIN, Mexico, 1460 pt. 3-2 (disconected when he saw he was doomed, surprise, surprise)
7. Ominous, USA Georgia, 1737 pts. 3-0 (disconnected when sending the results, good luck with your all genies team...)
8. Josef, Mexico, 1547 pts. 2-0 (victory)

TL,DR: Help, it's the disconnecters!

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Haha, I'm at 60-5 with 1879 :p

I'm battling a lot of higher tier players now though.
I've noticed the same thing. At the beginning I'd be playing noobs with in-game teams at least 9/10 of the time. Now it's maybe 2/3 or so.
No but I burned a lot of other things. Mostly Physical Attackers
I see what you did there.
Don't diss the genies.
Real men play triple genie/triple pony. I'm only half a real man.

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Im stuck below 1650 after 70+ battles due to ragequits. And Darian...

You'd be surprised how many competitive battlers see them just as tools/pixel arrangements+stats.

I love and cherish my pokemon. I always tell them not to give up when they lose in the BS Squared (Bullshit Battle Subway) due to some ridiculous hax or me using the wrong move. Then we fight in the stadiums, teach Cynthia which region's the best, show Morimoto what he started, and head back to try again. Unlike my friend who punishes them mercilessly.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
am currently at 1826 (lol I'll probably lose next match and drop below 1800)
Just as I was defeating a mexican with a rating of 1914 he dc's on me.

OH ME GAWD, im at 1890 ready to break the 1900 mark.

You no what I realize, most people would never do gbu. Put 2011official tournament and you got people playing for hours at a time looking at there rating. haha. Though I can't wait once this is over and realize I wasted 5 days of my life for a Wi-fi tournament haha.

Im stuck below 1650 after 70+ battles due to ragequits. And Darian...

I love and cherish my pokemon. I always tell them not to give up when they lose in the BS Squared (Bullshit Battle Subway) due to some ridiculous hax or me using the wrong move. Then we fight in the stadiums, teach Cynthia which region's the best, show Morimoto what he started, and head back to try again. Unlike my friend who punishes them mercilessly.
>Originally Posted by -Fat- Darian Tyros
Aww, I wasn't singling anyone here out, you know. The people who do what I said know who they are. I assure you, I'm quite pleasantly surprised to find a good number of people who genuinely care for their Pokemon around here, I assure you.

Edit: Scratch that, I just noticed that everything is quoted as by 'Fat' something. Um. Why is that, anyway? Regardless, the above sentiment still applies. Many of you make me happy.

You'd be surprised how many competitive battlers see them just as tools/pixel arrangements+stats.

Makes me sad. D;

Man my team in White was Emboar (I chose her in Black too but I just love Emboar so much) which is my second favorite pokemon, Cryogonal which is my third, Chandelure because they are too cool, Darumakka because he is adorable, the most awesome giraffe millipede , and Elektross because Tynamo was the first thing I found in the caves. I nickname all of my pokemon and I can't imagine getting rid of any of them. I start to love all of the "ugly" pokemon once I use them, and now I seem to prefer them haha.

I can't imagine just plowing through the game to breed competitive fodder. I only make new competitive pokemon when absolutely necessary, otherwise I try and use my favorites.

I am such a dork guys.

GG Tyler, it was good match, the final score doesn't show how great the match was. It's always a pleasure to play against smogonites that don't D/C.

btw, time to sleep, see you later guys! I'll keep my score hided until tomorrow xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)