Improvised. The BULKY, BALANCED, OU team with SPEED and POWER. KenKuroDa's Team.

Hello. I've been making some OU teams around bulkiness. I've been trying to improve and change Pokémon around. I try to make this team successful, and as of now, I feel that it pretty much is.

Swampert@Leftovers.
Ability: Torrent.
Nature: Relaxed.
EV: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SpD.
- Stealth Rock.
- Earthquake.
- Ice Beam.
- Protect.
Okay, Swampert is my favorite lead. A bit slow, he is very bulky and has a lot of resistances. I've used other leads, but I've always liked this guy. Protect is used over Roar for extra leftover turns, move scouting, and extremely dangerous Explosions from Metagross. At first I always thought Ice Punch was a good replacement for Ice Beam, but its just not powerful enough, and with a relaxed nature, I can use Ice Beam to OHKO quite a bit. This ugly Pokémon is quite beautiful when it comes to being a Lead.

Jirachi@Leftovers.
Ability: Serene Grace.
Nature: Bold.
EV: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe.
- Wish.
- Calm Mind.
- Thunderbolt.
- Psychic.
Wish CM Jirachi can act as a partial cleric. Overall, its bulky. Calm Mind boosts can make this tiny piece of tin become a huge and dangerous tank. All I have to do is switch into one of Jirachi's many resistances and start boosting. Wish support is used when necessary, but not so much. The EV spread is to even out its defenses, making him not too weak to withstand either type of attack. Thunderbolt and Psychic are the designated attacks, both very powerful once Calm Mind(s) is up. I always thought of replacing Wish with another move, like Grass Knot, but who knows, I may need Wish. Although I haven't needed it forever.

Heatran@Choice Scarf.
Ability: Flash Fire.
Nature: Naïve.
EV: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe.
- Fire Blast.
- Earth Power.
- Explosion.
- Dragon Pulse.
Ahh, a beautiful creation, Heatran can be a great revenge killer with this set. In fact, he can do quite some damage to many Pokémon, even if they resist its Fire Blast. A massive SpA with natural bulk, Heatran is suitable for this team. Definitely. If I'm lucky enough, I can switch him into a Fire-type move and start blasting away. If his HP is too low, I'll just go out with an extremely powerful blast. Its not a Metagross explosion, but it hits hard. Especially when Heatran's attack stat is fairly respectable.

Dragonite@Leftovers.
Ability: Inner Focus.
Nature: Adamant.
EV: 252 HP / 52 Atk / 204 Spd.
- Dragon Dance.
- Dragon Claw.
- Earthquake.
- Roost.
I prefer this Dragonite over the more offensive set, mainly because of survivability. Admittedly, this Dragonite is weak, and needs more than one Dragon Dance to produce an actual sweep. No matter, with these EVs, he can withstand a few hits, get his choreography done, and start sweeping. Dragonite can come into a few things, but he's quite fragile. Well, he's pretty strong, just can get OHKO'd by common moves.
Gyarados@Leftovers.
Ability: Intimidate.
Nature: Adamant.
EV: 156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spe.
- Dragon Dance.
- Taunt.
- Waterfall.
- Bounce/Stone Edge.
Actually, this set was reccommended by someone over my offensive dragon dance set. I see where he's going though. This guy is bulky, can do some damage, and is pretty fast. Dragon Dancers are very fun to use in general. Taunt is used for the phazers or other boosters. Waterfall and Bounce both have great STAB. I'm not quite sure about Bounce as I have never used it, and usually 2 turn moves in OU can hurt the user mainly because of easy switch outs or set ups. Stone Edge may be an open option, but Bounce has good STAB. I'm not quite sure, its a hard choice. Overall, I use this guy like Dragonite, switch in to something, boost, attack.

Shaymin@Leftovers.
Ability: Natural Cure.
Nature: Sassy.
EV: 252 HP / 76 SpA / 180 Spe.
- Leech Seed.
- Protect.
- Seed Flare.
- Earth Power.
Okay, this Shaymin's nature is crap. Sassy boost SpD while lowering Speed. I've been searching for a Timid or Modest natured Shaymin, but this is the best I can do. So a Sassy nature works best with a Leech Seed set. Adding partial bulk to it. However, it slows it down. Now, this Shaymin is used to spam Leech Seed with Protect, and can switch in on electric-type moves. I've never tried this before, and hope its successful. No one seems to have the perfect Shaymin. Oh well. Make do with what I have.

I like this team overall, except for my Shaymin with the Sassy nature. Ew. Anyway, if possible, I actually find a Timid or Modest Shaymin, my team would probably be a lot better. Anyway, I like my team mainly because all of my Pokémon can withstand hits while doing quite some damage. I feel that this team is very balanced and can be successful. Comments, advice, and criticism are all welcome. Thanks for reading.

Well, I'm not too sure about Shaymin. That slot can be used for Gliscor or Hippowdon as well. I'm not so sure. Shaymin or Celebi are my desired options, but I'll see. I want something either immune or resistant to electric moves in that slot.

I'd replace Calm Mind with Iron head, with serene grace, there's 60% flinch, it just feels more critical at important moments and it certainly does feel good to flinch hax some opponents to death

But this Jirachi is meantspecifically for SpA.. And calm mind is my booster for not only SpA but for some SpD as well

Oh, is it safe to switch gliscor or hippowdon in for shaymin?

I wouln't recommend using gliscor on the team, it would only make for having 2 pokes that are 4x ice weak

If only i knew how the hidden hexadecimal values worked, then i could have made you a legal timid/modest shaymin but o well

The nature would affect it

Assuming a neutral nature, with 30 speed iv's for a hidden power fire, which you dont have, you basicly took the spread from the analysis without reading it, it would get you to 280 speed to outspeed adamant lucario, timid/naive heatran and neutral natured rotoms

with sassy you only reach 252 speed, or 253 if you have a speed iv of 31, which wont allow you to outspeed those threats

edit: i like the title of SPEED AND POWER

Hi there KenKuroDa, you got a solid team which covers most threats in the metagame so props for that.

Regarding shaymin, since your running a bulky offensive team I'd recommend you to change it a bit.

Shaymin@Life orb
- Seed flare
- Rest
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Ice
252sp.att/252speed/4hp timid
This set goes with the flow of your team and does not take the battle into a stall phase. Hidden Power Ice was suggested to hit those pesky Mixed Nite and flygon on the switch. Rest can be abused to maximum thanks to natural cure and the evs are made so that you outspeed Gliscor,dragonite and speed tie with non scarf jolly flygon.

Nice team and GL!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)