"Important things" from childhood

Last night, it occurred to me that I have kept some things from when I was in elementary school that I thought were important at the time. Most of them are in a "secret" compartment in my nightstand that I thought would keep them safe:

The closed nightstand, which looks relatively uncluttered, is on the left. The opened version is on the right... see all the things in there??

Here are some of the highlights:

A birthday card from my best friend at the time. Note all the Pokemon stickers she put on there-- it was still socially acceptable to like them at the time ^_^

A sticky alien toy acquired from one of those machines you stick quarters in, a Mexican rubber ducky, a whistle shaped like the Oscar Mayer Weiner Mobile, and a pink plastic puppy...

A blue ribbon from the second grade science fair (:nerd:) and a week's worth of stick-on earrings...

And this next one's not from inside the night stand, but I think you'll all appreciate it:

An entire box of Pokemon plushies and action figures I acquired throughout elementary school ^_^

Now, I'm curious as to what everyone else deemed important during childhood but forgot about until now. Pictures are highly encouraged, but not required. Have fun digging through your old stuff!! :toast:

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I've also got a ton of old pokemon plushes, including that same Bulbasaur (and what looks like Meowth from your pic).

most of my shit was purged when a mouse pooped in the place where it was stored. My coin collection had poop ON THE CASE and my parents simply threw it out. All the toys were sold in garage sales as my dad is obsessive about that kind of thing. I even had framed murals from the back of original dino riders boxes that were thrown out. That's what I get for not living at home or having the space for my own shit.

I still do have my dinosaur and animal toy collections, but because my mom was a young child teacher that collection was damaged and scattered a bit. I still have my star wars cards in my trunk.

I even had a pyritized ammonite that got thrown out, you'd think my geologist dad woulda recognized the inherent value in something like that!

Bah who cares, my childhood was shit and nobody likes remembering shit.

My guitars and amps...

This one's my Grenada acoustic (hell yeah I love photography)
a few foreign coins, notes that me and my crush used to (and still) pass during class and the spotlight on top of the cupboards:

Oh, also that monopoly set.

And of course, my Dark Side of the Moon drawing which I made when I was around 9. Still have it pasted on my wardrobe.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
you were in elementary school when the DS came out? I feel SO old...

I still have my Atari and some Genesis LPs...

you were in elementary school when the DS came out? I feel SO old...

I still have my Atari and some Genesis LPs...
Who? Me? noooo.... that was just sitting on my night stand!!! When I was in elementary school, I was playing on my GameBoy Color!! And listening to my tape player and watching things on VHS... I'm not that young :toast:

My Pokemon cards, haha. THE RAGGEEE.

These are the only two plushies I could find. I think my mother gave the rest of them away.

This is what my friend did to his Pikachu plush in middle school.

I loved my gameboy color when I was like 7 or 8

man I still pop in pokemon silver (it still works :O) into my gameboy advance every once in a while just for kicks

i have a bunch of ceramics/paintings that i did in art class through 8th grade sitting on my shelves. i like them a lot because they are concrete things i can look at and think "hey that's something i accomplished way back when". related are random certificates on my wall for (relatively inconsequential) awards. my drawer has a bunch of keychains and bookmarks and plane ticket stubs from different places around the country (and occasionally the world!) that i visited. i know i also have a box of ferrero rocher chocolates i bought in 2000 or 2002 from a duty free shop in a shanghai airport o_o

i didn't want to eat them at first so i could use them as a keepsake like the keychains but after a few years my reasoning changed to concern for my health

i have almost nothing remaining from my childhood, other than my n64

my room has no decorations, nor posters either. this is apparently unusual. i just like the minimalist style

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
The most important thing from my childhood was the pink Power Ranger.

Ah, Kimberly. <3

I have that same bulbasaur plushie, along with a snorlax, a charizard, a jigglypuff, and a clefairy.

I used to sleep with 4 of them arranged at each corner of my pillow and cuddling the remainder.

I am a man.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)