Other Metagames idk what i'm doing send help (BH)

I'm trying to learn how to compete in showdown, and I thought BH would help since it's got a seemingly more deep meta due to the variety of sets, but I just don't know how to build a team, and now I'm floundering to make my team work in elo>1300, which is pretty low. I just threw a bunch of mons from the tier list (and yes i did just copy them from the setpedia) and spammed games, but now IDK where to go and how to make my team actually good. So far I have:

oof (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tail Glow
- Oblivion Wing
- Ice Beam
- Moongeist Beam

I like this set because it's online in one turn, although I liked triage as well.

oof (Pikachu) @ Light Ball
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Extreme Speed
- Spiky Shield
- Volt Switch

I'm not overwhelmingly attached to this mon, although it does have the potential to steal a setup and run with it.

oof (Mewtwo-Mega-Y) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tinted Lens
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Psycho Boost
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch

This one is also one I've grown to like, as it hits like a truck every time, and has proven useful against walls.

oof (Giratina) @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Core Enforcer
- Spectral Thief
- U-turn
- Shore Up

Nothing special here, I just kept eating it to giratinas so made one for myself. It also feels good into poison heal and setup if you're in when they setup (which I know shouldn't happen but this is low elo after all)

oof (Yveltal) @ White Herb
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Shell Smash
- Imprison
- Sunsteel Strike
- Power Trip

This one's a nice late game sweeper if the checks are taken out (which I can't properly assess yet, but one day maybe)

oof (Arceus) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Unaware
Impish Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Shore Up
- Entrainment
- U-turn

Another setup counter (I'm pretty sure), which usually works in dismantling setups and does decently into walls.

All-around I've found that this team works well most of the time, but loses hard to chanseys and priority abusers (diancie-mega and kyurem-b mainly). I don't know how to improve it, or how to play around it properly. I'm most confused about who to lead with since most teams in BH seem to be the same 3-4 mons with 2 varying wildly.

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
I'm trying to learn how to compete in showdown, and I thought BH would help since it's got a seemingly more deep meta due to the variety of sets, but I just don't know how to build a team, and now I'm floundering to make my team work in elo>1300, which is pretty low. I just threw a bunch of mons from the tier list (and yes i did just copy them from the setpedia) and spammed games, but now IDK where to go and how to make my team actually good. So far I have:

oof (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Oblivion Wing
- Ice Beam
- Moongeist Beam

I like this set because it's online in one turn, although I liked triage as well.

oof (Pikachu) @ Light Ball
Hasty Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Extreme Speed
- Spiky Shield
- Volt Switch

I'm not overwhelmingly attached to this mon, although it does have the potential to steal a setup and run with it.

oof (Mewtwo-Mega-Y) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Psycho Boost
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch

This one is also one I've grown to like, as it hits like a truck every time, and has proven useful against walls.

oof (Giratina) @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Fur Coat
Relaxed Nature
- Core Enforcer
- Spectral Thief
- U-turn
- Shore Up

Nothing special here, I just kept eating it to giratinas so made one for myself. It also feels good into poison heal and setup if you're in when they setup (which I know shouldn't happen but this is low elo after all)

oof (Yveltal) @ White Herb
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Imprison
- Sunsteel Strike
- Power Trip

This one's a nice late game sweeper if the checks are taken out (which I can't properly assess yet, but one day maybe)

oof (Arceus) @ Safety Goggles
Impish Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Shore Up
- Entrainment
- U-turn

Another setup counter (I'm pretty sure), which usually works in dismantling setups and does decently into walls.

All-around I've found that this team works well most of the time, but loses hard to chanseys and priority abusers (diancie-mega and kyurem-b mainly). I don't know how to improve it, or how to play around it properly. I'm most confused about who to lead with since most teams in BH seem to be the same 3-4 mons with 2 varying wildly.
I'll just take these mons one at a time and then look at the team as a whole.

Rayquaza-Mega: Nothing much to say here: improofs itself, with Arceus as a backup. Triage would be really helpful to pressure priority abusers, though.

Pikachu: This mon is really only successful with extensive paralysis support to make sure that Pikachu hits first; otherwise, you rely on speed ties, and Pikachu's bulk is abysmal. Unless you're planning to add Glare mons (with Comatose and Magic Bounce to improof), I'd suggest using Chansey instead.

MMY: The set itself looks fine, but you don't seem to have a good answer to this when Imposter comes in. It doesn't help that Arceus ignores the Psycho Boost drops. You'll need to add something like a Solgaleo or Necrozma-Dusk as a teammate.

Giratina: This set doesn't look too bad, but you're vulnerable to Spore without Safety Goggles. You can also use Comatose, Poison Heal, or Magic Bounce so that you are less weak to Knock Off.

Yveltal: While this looks good in theory, it actually falls flat in practice, due to the fact that it can't touch Gyarados-Mega or Prankster Haze mons (that aren't weak to Steel). For a better imposterproof setup sweeper, you might want to consider Poison Heal Xerneas, Tyranitar-Mega, or Gyarados-Mega.

Arceus: I personally don't like Arceus as a wall, due to its high speed making U-Turn less useful. There aren't really any other viable normal Unaware users, though, so I'd keep it. Add Boomburst over U-Turn, though, so it can better pressure walls.

I think the main reason why you lose so hard to priority abusers is that you don't have any fat steels like Registeel, Ferrothorn, or Solgaleo. Adding a Flash Fire Solgaleo would not only patch up that weakness, but would also fix the problems you have with Imposter switching into MMY.

You also lack any hazard control, which is a big problem because half your team (Rayquaza-Mega, Pikachu, Yveltal) hates switching into rocks. I'd add Defog over Entrainment on Arceus. It would also be helpful for one of your mons (Giratina would be best, probably, but idk what to replace) to have Stealth Rock, because you have a glaring weakness to Sturdinja.

ooof (Rayquaza-Mega) @ Life Orb
Ability: Triage
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Oblivion Wing
- Spore
- Moongeist Beam

ooof (Chansey) @ Eviolite / Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- Fake Out / Trick
- Whirlwind / Trick
- Shore Up
- U-Turn

ooof (Mewtwo-Mega-Y) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Psycho Boost
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch

ooof (Giratina) @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Magic Bounce
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spectral Thief
- U-turn
- Shore Up

ooof (Solgaleo) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Flash Fire
Sassy Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Entrainment
- Shore Up
- U-Turn

ooof (Arceus) @ Safety Goggles
Relaxed Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Shore Up
- Defog
- Boomburst

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)