Slowbro @ Choice Specs
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpA
Nature: Bold
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot/Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

Slowbro is a part of my defensive core with Amoonguss and Umbreon. 2 regenerators is extremely useful. I find toxic to be extremely useful on slowbro for crippling switch-ins. Psyshock is meant to hit poison/grass types and help beat bulky special defenders like Suicine or Milotic. I'm on the verge of switching to a choice specs set because I rarely find use for calm mind - opponents tend to switch to a check/counter. I think a specs set with hydro pump/psyshock/fire blast/toxic would work well as a means to ruin predictable switch-ins. Regenerator tends to be more handy than slack off and Umbreon can always pass a wish after baiting a fighting move.

Switched to choice specs

Zoroark @ Choice Specs
Trait: Illusion
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Nature: Timid
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Grass Knot/Focus Blast/Extrasensory
- Trick

Zoroark lets me play mind games and he has good synergy with Toxicroack, Amoonguss and Slowbro in terms of typing - all three dissuade fighting attacks and the first two bait psychic attacks while Slowbro invites dark/ghost attacks. Toxicroack also threatens physically so people are more prone to expose a physical wall to Zoroark. When teams have a clear lead (Abomasnow for instance) I'll put Zoroark first and a bait in the last spot (Slowbro/Amoonguss in the case of Abomasnow) so I can start the game off with a 1 hit KO.

I enjoy the mindgames of Zoroark and there is a lot of switching on this team, so I get some good opportunities to use him. I went with a specs set instead of Nasty Plot or Swords Dance because it is more immediate and reliable while Toxicroack and Umbreon are good set-up sweepers. Trick also helps a lot with stall teams. Focus Miss gives the best coverage but I hate it.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
Nature: Careful
- Curse
- Payback
- Wish
- Protect

Umbreon has great special bulk and after a curse or two, is extremely tough to crack physically as well. Wish/protect gives it self-healing and a semi-clerical role. Curse/Payback makes Umbreon a dangerous set-up sweeper. Synchronize is a valuable tool as Slowbro is a popular toxic target. I fight with using protect over heal bell but protect provides reliable recovery and scouting that is invaluable on this build. Finding a good 6th poke with heal bell/aromatherapy is interesting.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Nature: Bold
- Synthesis
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power(fire)/Stun Spore

Amoonguss provides a 2nd regenerating physical wall with different weaknesses. Spore/Toxic provide great utility while Foul Play provides a way to succeed against targets those are ineffective against. This is a pretty pure defensive pivot meant to cripple and switch. His psychic weakness is covered by Slowbro/Umbreon who value a poke that can take bug hit (Amoonguss and Toxicroack).

Changed foul play and toxic to Giga Drain and Hidden Power Fire. Highly considering Stun Spore instead of HP(F).

Toxicroack @ Focus Sash
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Nature: Modest
- Nasty Plot
- Vacuum Wave
- Sludge Wave
- Dark Pulse
Toxicroack is one of my favorite pokemon if not my absolute favorite. I went with a special build and it is proving excellent. It is best as a late game sweeper but it can really run amok early under the right circumstances or act as a revenge killer as well. The focus sash ensures a chance to set up. If I get a nasty plot in clean (like against a water pokemon needing to switch), then the opponent has to be worried about it being Zoroark as well. Sludge Wave is the main attack and I find few teams prepared for this combination of moves.

I'm looking for a 6th member that compliments the others. I'm open to pretty much anything. Some things I think I could use: a physical attacker, a defogger, a pokemon that can easily handle a bug/flying attack combo. I was using a choice band Zygarde, and he does well but he just isn't that fun to use. I'd like a more interesting poke with team synergy.

Currently using:
Mega Aerodactyl
Aerodactyl (M) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 240 Spd / 252 Atk / 16 HP
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace/Earthquake

This set gives me a counter to the bug/flying combo I'm otherwise very weak to. Defog is a big addition considering the amount of switching I like to do. This also adds a very powerful physical attacker. I may consider eliminating hone claws and adding a coverage move but I need to try this out.

Thank you Garchomppit...

Will be trying Zapdos, Empoleon, and Mega Ampharos.

Last edited:
Hi! First of all, Umbreon is not a set-up sweeper. He would work best as a sort of cleric; keep your current evs and nature but instead use Wish, Toxic, Heal Bell, and Foul Play. Also, I cannot really comprehend Special Toxicroak, because he has swords dance and a much better Attack stat. Use a set like:

Toxicroak@ Life Orb/ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
=====Moves======
Swords Dance
Sucker Punch
Drain Punch
Ice Punch

For the last pokemon, I would recommend Zapdos, because it fits all your criteria except for a physical attacker. Use an offensive defogger set like:

Zapdos @ Zap Plate
Nature: Timid/ Modest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spe, 252 SpA, 4 Def
======Moves=======
Defog
Thunderbolt/Thunder
Hidden Power Ice
Roost

Zap Plate is for faking a choice set so it lures in ground types, which Slowbro could then finish off. One last thing: Giga Drain is better than Foul Play on Amoongus, IMO.

Like Ninja said, Umbreon is definately a Cleric - sending off wishes and such to help support it. If you want a good set-up sweeper (especially in UU) I'd reccomend a Charge Beam Mega Ampharos.

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Charge Beam
- Dragon Pulse
- Rest (Optional)
- Sleep Talk (Optional)

This is the set I run, and it works pretty well. I'd say run max speed but Amphy is pretty slow, even in mega, so it's not a bad idea to have bulk instead. Rest Talk is optional - you can replace it with 2 over moves if you pleae, but I'd give it a chance. Mega Ampharos is a BEAST in taking things - and this set allows it to hit hard, set up even without statuses, and just do good work all over. Of course, this is completely optional - use what you wish! I'd reccomend this guy at all times, to be honest.

And yeah, Giga Drain > Foul Play. I'd reccomend Extrasensory on Zoroark since you can deal with Water types with Amoongus or Ground types with Slowbro. (Not that strong, but yeah.) Whatever floats your boat, though.

Some good defoggers that can be great physical attackers and have great bulk that I can think from the top of my head are 1. Skuntank which also has Pursuit and Fire Blast for Ferro/Forretres, 2. Aerodactyl which resists Bug/Flying and 3. Empoleon which can resist Bug/Flying and has Defog and Defiant (in combination with Aqua Jet priority) !
Here are the sets that I recommend you using on those pokes (choose which one you are going to use):

Mega Aerodactyl
Aerodactyl (M) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Hone Claws
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Defog Skuntank
Skuntank (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aftermath
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 228 HP / 28 Spd
Naughty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Sucker Punch / Taunt / Poison Jab / Roar
- Pursuit
- Defog

(Here you can run a Brave Nature if you want that extra bulk and you don't care about speed)

Offensive Defogger Empoleon
Empoleon @ Leftovers / Shuca or Chople Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Swords Dance
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

(I don't really recommend this as Physical Empoleon isn't that viable but it's still usable I guess)

In addition, change the Umbreon to a cleric set like the above users stated and change the Slowbro set to the Assault Vest one. (Trust me on this one)

Slowbro @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 56 SAtk / 252 HP / 200 SDef
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

Also, remove Toxic from Amoonguss, it's useless as hell and run HP Fire on it or Giga Drain (or even Clear Smog). (You can also take out Foul Play if you want to but I guess it's decent on Amoonguss)

I hope I helped and good luck with your team :]

Good suggestions. I'll try them out and reply later.

For Toxicroack - I've used the physical set before and I wanted to try the special set. Is the physical set better? .....probably, but they play about equally for me. The upside for the special one is that it is less expected, and has more reliable priority. The physical one has some recovery. I'll switch to the physical one if I add a special attacker in the 6th spot.

For Umbreon - It's first job is to take special hits and pass wishes (status/heal bell when I use that set too). I'm not looking to set it up for a sweep but it happens much more often than you'd think and opponents consistently underrate it.

I've been switching between grass knot and extrasensory on Zoroark. When Slowbro had Scald I used extrasensory.

I'll try Giga Drain out.

I'll try assault vest Slowbro but I really like the idea of choice specs - could hit hard physically and specially while regenerator compliments the switching a choice item forces.

Try DD Haxorus:
Haxorus Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Spe/252 Atk/4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Iron Head/Poison Jab
- Outrage
- Earthquake
Pretty obvious what this does. Lum Berry for status, DD for boosting, and Outrage for STAB. The other moves are coverage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)