I Just Croaked!

MMF

Give me the strength to part this sea
So this team is for Shoddy use and Wifi battles. So usually I play more OU than UU but I decided I want to try it out and I’ve been laddering for a few days and I’ve done pretty well maintaining a positive win record for the most part. Enjoy and please make any suggestions you think would help.
(And sorry for those wanting pictures but my computer is from the age of the dinosaurs so its not gonna happen right now.)
TEAM BUILDING PROCESS:

I always wanted to make a team around one of my favorite Pokemon, Toxicroak.

Now I know I wanted a F/W/G core like I do with most of my teams. So I started out with a Choice Scarf Venusaur as my lead, Life Orb Arcanine as one of my sweepers and a priority user and then a Specs Milotic.

Then I wanted a revenge killer/ U-Turn user and I settled upon Scarfed Primeape.

Then I wanted a SR user who could also function as a Physical Wall and I decided upon Registeel.

In Depth:

The Lead:
Venusaur@Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
Evs: 252 Spa/ 252 Spe/ 6 SpDef
Moveset: Hp Ground, Leaf Storm, Sludge Bomb, Sleep Powder

With this Venusaur set the reason I use it is to put momentum in my favor by sleeping the lead or anything they switch in. HP Ground is for any Steels, Toxicroaks, or Fire types that want to switch in. Leaf Storm is for Stab and for hitting Water types and Rock and/or Ground types. Sludge Bomb is for Grass types that think they’re getting a free switch.

Willing to change: No

Arcanine@Life Orb (Flash Fire)
Adamant nature
Evs: 6 hp/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
Moveset: Extremespeed, Flare Blitz, Morning Sun, Thunder Fang

Not much to say here, ES for priority, Flare Blitz for Stab against any Venusaurs, Sceptiles, or Steels. Morning Sun is for healing off the Life Orb and Recoil damage.
Thunder Fang is for Milotics and other Water types looking for an easy KO.

Willing to change: For another Fire type only

The Revenger
Primeape@Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
Ability: Vital Spirit
Evs: 38 hp/ 220 Atk/ 252 Spe
Moveset: Close Combat, Ice Punch, U-Turn, Rock Slide

Close Combat is for hitting Chansey, Clefable, and any Rock or Steels. Ice Punch hits Altaria and Venusaur and Sceptile. U-Turn is for scouting and Rock Slide is for Moltres’ and it has better accuracy than Stone Edge.

Willing to change: Possible but only for another Revenge killer

The Physical Wall:
Registeel@Leftovers
Careful Nature
Evs: 252 Hp/ 104 Atk/ 154 Spdef
Moveset: Explosion, Stealth Rock, Thunder Wave, Shadow Claw

Registeel is my Stealth Rock user and status abuser. Shadow Claw is so I can hit Mismagius and other ghost who would wall me. Evs are for max HP and enough Attack to do some damage to Mismagius,

Willing to change: Maybe but it would have to be a really good replacement.

Milotic@Choice Specs
Timid Nature
Evs: 6hp/ 252 Spa/ 252 Spe
Moveset: HP grass, Ice Beam, Surf, Toxic

I absolutely love this pokemon. Switch in to a resisted attack and then dish out massive damage to almost anything. Grass, Water, Ice offers great coverage and Milotic’s huge boosted Spa. Atk makes them extremely powerful. Milotic takes out the Fire types that can give Toxicroak trouble.

Willing to change: Maybe the set but not the poke.

My star of the team
Toxicroak@Leftovers
Ability: Dry Skin
Jolly Nature
Evs: 58 Hp/ 200 Atk/ 252 Spe
Moveset: Swords Dance, Sucker Punch, Ice Punch, Low Kick

The Star of my team surfaces! The evs are a custom set that I got from Flare Blitz’s RMT and I so far give her all the credit for this set as it has saved me many a games. Usually it comes in late game after all the Fire and Psychic types are dead and gone and proceeds to set up on Water types and/or Spiritomb without Will o Wisp. The Hp evs are for at best surviving an Ice beam from an Offensive Milotic. (It is only a 2hko) Sucker Punch is to finish off weakened pokemon who want to get damage on me. Ice Punch is for grass types and flying types not named Swellow. Low Kick is for Chansey, Rhyperior, Aggron, etc etc.

Willing to change: Never in a million years

So I’m not exactly well versed in the UU metagame but I have been doing pretty well. But as of late have been on a losing streak. Any help is greatly appreciated!

MMF

Give me the strength to part this sea
Reserved for Threats:

Sub Punch Azumarill

Rock Polish Aggron

Stall

Hey, got your PM, here's my rate.

So first of all, two revenge killers is really redundant. I know you don't want to replace Primeape for a non-revenger, but seeing that this team has a huge SubRoosts Moltres weakness, I would replace it with a Moltres counter.

Without bulk investment on Milotic, Moltres 2HKOs you for sure with Hidden Power Grass when rocks are up, but seeing as changing Milotic's set would completely ruin the offensive force of this team, I would definatley replace Primeape with something like Typhlosion that can switch into Fire Blast or HP Grass then hit it with HP Rock. Also, since are going to have two Fire-types now, you definatley want some kind of spinner.

Typhlosion @ Peteya Berry
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 Def/252 Spe/252 SAtk
IVs: 30 HP
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Substitute
- Focus Blast

This allows Typhlosion to switch into threats like the afformentioned Moltres and Substitute on the Switch or Air Slash until your berry activates.

So, Typhlosion 100% needs Stealth Rock away, and since Primeape doesn't look like it's doing much, I would replace it with technitop to Rapid Spin and still be able to revenge kill with it's STAB + Technicion boosted Mach Punches

Hitmontop @ Life Orb/Leftovers
Ability: Technician
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 SDef
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Not a bad team, Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)