-Scizor
-tyranitar
-politoed
-terrakion
-heatran
-ferrothorn
-dragonite
-latios
So i just got sick of it and decided to make a counter team.

Jolteon @ Choice Specs
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Signal Beam
The most used lead in OU is politoed, so a choice specs volt switch or a thunderbolt will at least make the opponent switch. HP ice is for tyranitar leads and coverage, and signal beam aside from shadow ball is the most usefull attack that jolteon has.

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP
Modest Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Rest

This set is particulary usefull, because it lets me quiver dance and then regain full health or avoid a cripple sweeper. This nerfs all of the bulky steel types and psychic types as well as after +2 dances, handles almost everything that doesn't outspeed it or has stone edge.

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Imposter
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Transform
The best revenge killer ever. It also helps with shell smash cloyster, dragon dance stuff and perfectly counters tornadus-t with volt absorb.
It even helps with terryfing sweepers forcing switch or crippling them.

Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 184 Def / 252 HP / 72 Spd
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Taunt
- Protect
Checks jirachi, checks terrakion, heatran and it's a really annyoing physical wall.

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Payback
This moster right here checks terrakion, tyranitar, jirachi, scizor, heatran, and ferrothorn. Payback is used for ghost types like gengar and jellicent

Skarmory @ Custap Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
A lead skarmory for everything that doesn't have politoed or tyranitar as lead. Taunt for hazzards and boosts setups or crippling moves, stealth rock for breaking sturdy, multiscale and passive damage, spikes for passive damage, whirlwind to increase passive damage and remove boosted sweepers or tanks.

However, i feel this team lacks synergy and i need to learn how to really make a sure counter for that mons, i find it really annoying to found them in 2/3 the battles i play, it makes this pretty boring.

This aint counterteaming anything bro. If you want an antimeta team use something like hail with mamo and kingdra or trick room or some stuff like that.

Anyways, what do you need custap skarm in such a deffensie team for? Yes, it is way too deffensive to use that. You are using volcarona without rapid spin support.. I dont know dude, you just need to make another team, It isnt about checking and countering things, choose a couple of win conditions, start with a core and support it with your remaining pokes. Read some basic guides about teambuilding.

Lady Alex

Mew is blue
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
You should mostly be leading with skarmory, since Politoed is unlikely to ever stay in on Jolteon and Tyranitar takes nothing from it. I would use Jellicent over Jolteon. Custap Skarmory teams usually appreciate having a spinblocker, since your lead is worthless if you let your hazards get spun away. Jellicent also gives you a check to Keldeo, who otherwise is very threatening to your team.

Chesto Berry would be better on Volcarona than Lum Berry. If you get statused by something, you're not going to get the opportunity to Rest since you no longer have a way to remove sleep. Chesto Berry prevents this.

The last change I suggest is using the new Sheer Force Conkeldurr that's becoming popular. It has a lot more immediate power and gives you coverage that you normally wouldn't have since both Thunderpunch and Icepunch have a significant damage increase.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 44 Spd / 252 HP / 212 Def
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 44 Spd / 252 HP / 212 Def
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover

EDIT: Also, use this skarmory spread. It let's you outspeed most walls that would set up SR. This is especially important since you're using Volcarona with no other anti-hazard measure. 0 HP/Def/SDef IVs are used so that weak super effective hits are more likely to put you in Custap Berry range.

Skarmory @ Custap Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
Jolly Nature
IVs: null HP / null Def / null SDef
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Brave Bird

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)