I am New Need Help

So I am now new to competitive battling and first of all do most people battle with Wi-Fi or on Shoddy? What should I do? And I need Help with my last two pokemon for my team and any alternate suggestions. I have four pokemon decided on but they can be changed and I need suggestions for my last two Thanks!

Leadoff: Mamoswine
Ability: Snow Cloak
Nature:Adamant
EVs: 252 Attack 252 Speed 4 HP

Focus Sash
-Earthquake
-Ice Shard
-Stealth Rock
-Endeavor

mamoswine can set up stealth rock right away, Earthquake any foes he needs to, and Ice Shard the quicker ones and the ones weak to Ice. With his focus sash if he is hit by a super effective attack he wont die and can endeavor and then ice shard. it will stop most leads with its great physical defense and type coverage

Jolteon
Ability: Volt Absorb
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 Speed 252 sAttack 4 HP

Leftovers
-Baton Pass
-Substitute
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power (Ice)

Jolteon is the fastest non-uber bar electrode and can set up substitutes and Baton Pass to another Pokemon in a heartbeat. Its thunderbolt will take care of a lot of types and the Hp Ice will take care of the dragons, Ground and Bugs that Thunderbolt would not be as effective against. He will recover some of his uninspiring Hp with lefovers and hopefully switch in after gyarados and Volt Absorb some electric attacks that opponents are setting up

Gyarados
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Adamant
Evs: 252 Attack 252 Speed 4 HP

Life Orb
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Ice Fang
-Stone Edge

One other move is obviously earthquake but I figured Ice Fang and Stone Edge are better due to Earthquake's super effective damage coming against types that are bad against gyarados anyway. Stone Edge for flying types etc. Ice Fang for grass, Bug, Dragon etc. Dragon Dance to give him a great boost and Waterfall over Aqua Tail because of the 100% accuracy. A DDed Waterfall will rip through other physical walls while Gyarados can hide behind Jolteon's Substitute or something of that effect. Only downside is its weak to Sandstorm and SR and will get hit by Hail too.

Nidoking (my favourite)
Ability: Poison Point
Nature: naughty
EVs: 252 Attack 168 SAttack 88 Speed

Life Orb
-Ice Beam
-Earthquake
-Megahorn
-Thunderbolt

Fire Blast and Shadow Ball are other options but with this set Nidoking can (hopefully) hit first with his boosted speed and hit hard and super effective against almost every pokemon and hopefully get some quick kills and switch out. His 2x Pshycic weakness is big but that is what megahorn or Shadow Ball would be for. He has no 4x weaknesses and has a resistance to the ever present SR. Good powerful hard hitter.

I need your answers please!!! Thanks so much!!

Shoddy is a better option for you don't have to go through the annoyances of ev training/breeding and on shoddy you can fund matches a whole lot easier
first of all I'm guessing you havnt tested this team at all cause your asking wether to use shoddy or wi-fi and it is required to test a team before posting an rmt
secondly we do not make your team we only suggest changes so we cannot suggest changes on teamates that are not there

Fine( Btw Add Pictures Pls,It Would Be Nice If You Do :D)

Your Team Is Weak To Stealth Rock(Gyarados) And MamoSwine Cant Prevent Other Leads From Setting Up So To Remove This Use Machamp As a Lead.

Machamp @ Lum berry
Ability : No Guard
Adamant Nature
Ev's:240 HP / 244 Atk / 16 SpD / 8 Spe
Moveset:
~ DynamicPunch
~ Bullet Punch
~ Payback
~ Ice Punch / Stone Edge / Thunderpunch

Now You Will Need Someone That Can Do The Same Job As Nidoking And Set up Stealth Rock.I Would Recommend Swampert

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
Ev's:252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Moveset:
~ Stealth Rock
~ Earthquake
~ Ice Beam
~ Protect

He Will Do a Excellent Job For This Team.

As For Gyarados,Use This Ev Spread 156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spe And Use Leftovers > Life Orb ,Taunt > Ice Fang And Earthquake > Stone Edge

As For Jolteon You Can Use Rotom-H As It Helps With The Ability Levitate So Use This Set

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
Ev's:252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Moveset:
~ Thunderbolt
~ Overheat
~ Hidden Power Ground / Shadow Ball
~ Trick

Now The Other Two Pokemon,I Would Recommend Infernape And Dragonte/Jirachi.I Dont Really Know :S

@Slater I have tested this team on Wi-Fi i was just wondering whether it was easier on shoddy. And i know it is not complete I have two others on my team but they always die immediatly so I want suggestions for new ones I have a torterra and an Arcanine

Thanks Infernape the Machamp does make more sense as a lead than the Mamoswine, I just had it leading because other teams wouldnt really expect it as it is an unconventional lead.

hey thanks!! I see how the Rotom would be better suited for the job as would Swampert. I never realized how much of a beast Swampert can be havin nev er played the third gen games. Your advice on gyarados is also good. I just have one more question being new to these forums. How do you get the pics and that same format in the thread

Even if they weren't working you add them also I agree to changing your lead but I say to go with the growing anti-lead starmie with LeaD metagross for they go well together for a paired lead and starmie can run rapid spin to ease the stealth rock damage

I'll edit with moveset/evs

Starmie @ life orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Timid
EV's: 252 spA/252 spe/4 HP
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Metagross @ Lum Berry
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Adamant
EV's: 252 HP/240 atk/16 spe

- Stealth Rocks
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash

this will make it so you don need nidoking
and I think mix ape will be a good adition for the team

I can see that my lead really needs to be changed, Starmie and machamp are both good leads, I have never tried them out but I will now. My mamoswine has never given me any problems but I also have never done really competitive battling either O_o

You can still run mamoswine but make it a revenge killer or lo attacker
mamoswine doesn't so so well as a lead because metagross and machamp are very common leads and they both do well against him espicially with the huge amounts of machamp leads

Now I Agree With Slater On Starmie And Metagross.You Can Replace Mamoswine And Nidoking With Metagross And Starmie Mixape Would Work Nicely For This Team(Still Use Rotom > Jolteon Though)

Use This Set For Mixape

Infernape @ Life orb
Naive Nature
Ev's:64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Moveset:
~ Fire Blast / Flamethrower
~ Close Combat
~ Grass Knot
~ Hidden Power Ice Or Electric

Now For The Next Team Member,You Can Use Jirachi(WishCM) As You Force Your Opponent To Switch And Heal Other Team Members

Use This Set For Jirachi

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
Ev's:252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Moveset:
~ Calm Mind
~ Wish
~ Thunderbolt
~ Psychic

Also Pls UPDATE Your First Post!So Other Raters Can Rate With Ease

So your team should look like this

starmie-anti-lead
metagross-leadgross
gyrados-lo dd attacker
infernape-mixape
rotom-Scarf (not completey sure if should be scarfed test and see if lefties would suite you better)
jirachi-cm wish pass(could be changed maybe to a poke that adds more synergy)

So your team should look like this

starmie-anti-lead This Lead Is Awesome
metagross-leadgross Metamie Combo
gyrados-lo dd attacker(Not This Set) Its Bulky DD Gyarados So Phazer Cant Roar It
infernape-mixape
rotom-Scarf Its Good For The Team
jirachi-cm whish pass(could be changed maybie to a poke that adds more synergy)
Anyways,Update The Thread(First Post)

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Update the first post or im just gonna delete this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)