Hyper Offensive

Changelog:
11/20/12: This RMT was posted.
(23:39:55) ±Porygon: Your rank in Wifi Ubers is 257/40307 [1312 points / 89 battles]!
11/22/12: First update.
(02:11:57) ±Porygon: Your rank in Wifi Ubers is 157/40295 [1366 points / 121 battles]!
11/28/12: Second update.
(12:07:54) ±Porygon: Your rank in Wifi Ubers is 94/39973 [1415 points / 125 battles]!

Help will be gladly appreciated.

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
252 Atk 252 Spe 4 HP - Jolly
- Superpower
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes​
This is the poke I have tested the most, and I have tested about everything competitive viable on him.

Thunder Wave because I can use it turn 1, and use SR on turn 2, and that gives me 43.75% of getting a free extra move (Spikes usually). And even if I cant Spike, I can abuse the PRZ with Latias.

I have tested both Taunt as well as Magic Coat. Taunt is needed but not having Superpower hurts more than not having Taunt, specially considering everybody expects a turn 1 Taunt, which means they dont usually use a non attacking move.

Titanium @ Life Orb
252 Atk 252 Spe 4 HP - Adamant
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed
- V-create
- Dragon Dance​
Quite standar build. Im going for Adamant over Jolly because the only real difference is vs Rayquaza or Kyurem-W (who usually haves Scarf regardless).

V-create is amazing for a pokemon with Air Lock. The stats drop are barely noticeable considering I can use ExtremeSpeed to dodge the -Spe and the -Def is irrelevant since I will die to any hit after I attacked twice thanks to LO.

Eon Sister @ Soul Dew
252 Spe 252 SpD 4 SpA - Calm
- Dragon Pulse
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Recover​
Thanks to jackm for the suggestions. While Im not using his build, the idea was great because Latias is sick in here. I use her mostly set up on their special beaters after they get paralized by Deoxys-S. He is usually the second pokemon I send vs anybody who opens with a special beater. Because of that I always get a free CM or Substitute, and if they dont switch, they usually lose or burn a lot of resourses to take her down.

Eon Brother @ Soul Dew
252 Spe 252 SpA 4 SpD - Modest
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Fire
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind​
Atm Im testing Latios over what used to by a Scarfed Shaymin-S. I may just drop him and bring back Mewtwo but Soul Dew is just such an amazing item I will probably just leave Latios here.

Psyshock and Hidden Power Fight gives me a very good coverage. It misses Lugia, Mewtwo (I can set up on him regardless), and both Giratina formes.

After 1 CM, HP Fight can 1HKO Arceus, Dialga (SR or Spikes is needed), Ferrothorn, Darkrai, Tyranitar, etc. Dragon Pulse hits like a truck to everything else.

She Wolf @ Leftovers
252 SpA 252 Spe 4 SpD - Timid
- Dark Pulse
- Dark Void
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute​
I tried the standar Focus Blast set but I missed too many times. The thing I actually like about this set is that I dont have to care about SR/Sandstorm breaking my Sash, and since I dont have another Sash/Sturdy I dont need Rapid Spin support.

Also, I love how Substitute gives you way more options than the usual Sleep/+SpA/Hit because that can be easily revenge killer by any Scarfer.

Arceus-Ghost @ Life Orb
252 Atk 252 Spe 4 HP - Jolly
- ExtremeSpeed
- Shadow Force
- Brick Break
- Swords Dance​
Standar ExtremeKiller set with Jolly over Adamant, Life Orb over Silk Scarf and Shadow Force over Shadow Claw.

Im not much into LO (I reaaaaally dislike the recoil damage) over Silk Scarf BUT +2 Arceus:
* Cant kill Normal Arceus via Brick Break w/o LO (SR is needed 60% of times)
* Cant kill Ghost Arceus w/o SR or LO (so here it gives more room for error in case they used Rapid Spin or I missed my SR)
* Cant kill Giratina w/o SR and LO
* Cant kill Dialga w/o SR and LO

Im using Jolly because Normal Arceus and Ghost Arceus are 2 of the main counters to my Arceus and they see play in 40% of teams, so been able to at last compete in the speed tie seems mandatory to me.

Also, Im going for Shadow Force because I dont understand how the fuck can people even considere Shadow Claw. You only want a Ghost move to kill the only 3 Ghosts in the metagame that can wall you (Giratina, Giratina-O and Arceus Ghost). Shadow Claw cant kill any of them, even at +2 with LO and SR via Shadow Claw. Shadow Force can kill all of them (+2, LO and SR are be needed). What are they going to do when you banish? switch into the multiple normal monsters that are been used currently? please. The only normal monster in the tier is Arceus, which means the only way for they to actually stall your Shadow Force is via Giratina + Arceus, so... when I see them on their team, I simply dont drop Arceus until either of them is dead or I have no other choice.

Help will be gladly appreciated.

Interesting team you've got there, chuavechito!

While it looks fairly solid, I can see a couple of changes that would benefit you. First of all, the team is ridiculously weak to Scarf Kyogre; it OHKOs everything but Rayquaza with Water Spout and Stealth Rock, and 2HKOs Ray. Because of this weakness, I recommend replacing Mewtwo with Bulky Latias. Latias is the premier counter to Kyogre, being able to switch in and easily beat it. In addition, Latias gives you a generally bulky pivot, which is important in a metagame filled with nukes. However, it's not completely geared towards defense; after a couple of Calm Minds, Latias's Soul Dew-bolstered SAtk is more than enough to tear through unprepared opponents.

Latias @ Soul Dew
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 204 SAtk / 192 Spd
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Dragon Pulse
- Refresh

Secondly, you shouldn't be carrying Thunder Wave on your Deoxys-S. You already have status in the form of Darkrai's sleep, and your entire team is quite fast; for random, useless reference, a team of 6 Darkrais would have a lower base speed. Your team also would really appreciate more entry hazards, and for these reasons I recommend replacing Thunder Wave with Spikes on Deoxys-S. Having access to Spikes would enable a lot of KOs that would previously be unattainable, as well as capitalizing on the switches that many of your Pokemon force.

Next, Shaymin-S. Having a solid, reliable revenge killer is close to mandatory on HO in Ubers, due to the amount of things that can OHKO your team after a turn of setup. Currently you are using a fairly subpar revenge killer, Shaymin-S. While Shaymin-S's speed is great and its neutral coverage is stellar, it simply lacks the SE coverage to reliably get rid of a lot of threats. For this reason, I recommend you replace Shaymin-S with Scarf Terrakion. Between its two STABs, Terrakion can revenge kill pretty much everything Shaymin-S can, as well as being able to kill Arceus-Normal, Ho-oh, Bulky Tyranitar, Dialga, and others. In addition, Terrakion takes far less damage from Stealth Rock than Shaymin-S, and more useful resistances in Fire, Normal, Dark, Bug, and Rock.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Rock Slide
- X-Scissor

Finally, and this is a bit nitpickish, but I recommend you change your Rayquaza to a Swords Dance variant. V-Create is counterproductive alongside Dragon Dance, and Swords Dance is a good way to keep the V while optimizing perfomance. Swords Dance also gives you some overlap with Arceus-Ghost, which helps you eliminate their shared counters.

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Trait: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Swords Dance
- V-create
- ExtremeSpeed

Good Luck!

Thanks for the reply! :)

I wont remove Thunder Wave from my Deoxys-S because so far it has been sick.

The Latios/Mewtwo switch seems like a great idea. A friend already suggested me to add Latias in here so I was looking for builds and stuff. Thanks!

I will test Terrakion over Shaymin-S. Tbh anything is welcome over Shaymin-S atm. I will keep looking for something else because I dont wanna play Scarf anymore.

I tested the Sword Dance set before the DDance set and I dont really like it.

And again, thanks for the replay! :)

Not really a rate but typing wose i can see a glarIng weakness to dragons, which is the most common type in ubers. Maybe a steel type like genesect or skarm or something to eat outrages and draco meteors would be good. Genesect solves your DDray. Oh and scarf palkia owns your team with spacial rend once latias goes down.

Edit: ok latias can kill palkia but dragons are still very dangerous to your team

Really quick rate, on a glance.

Your team is extremely weak to physical scarfed Genesect, U-turn will OHKO Lati@s and Darkrai, bring Deoxys down to its sash and ice beam smashes Rayquaza. Arceus-Ghost can't really do much to it, and it's the only mon you have that can survive an OHKO from Genesect. The problem is, I can't really see any way to solve this without completely changing the team, this may just be a problem you have to live with.

[Edit]

You could try Mr.lol's Latios set as an attempt to remedy your sect weakness;

Latios @ Soul Dew
Trait: Levitate
Evs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Fire / Thunder
- Grass Knot / Surf / Psyshock / Roost

Force the switch to sect from kyogre and use tailwind, then outspeed and KO with surf, sweep from there.

Updated. Im happy with my pokes but Im not 100% sure on Latios build yet. The Sleep Talk is there so I can switch into Darkrai and Smeargle. Peaked at 94 :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)