SM OU Hyper Offense Mag + Zygarde

The focus for this team is too get hazards set up, wear down the teams walls, and allow for Mega Alakazam or Zygarde to sweep late game. (peaked #4 on Smogon SM OU)

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SpA / 16 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Fleur Cannon
- Ice Beam
- Volt Switch

Magearna is a part of the main core on the team as it walls alot of the threats that this team has such as Scarf Gengar, Opposing Tapu Lele and other psychic, fairy and dark types. Hp fire is needed to assist in wearing down the likes of Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor to prevent hazards from getting up as well as too kill scizor to ensure you're hazards can get up. Magearna is also useful for walling opposing Magearna (especially shift gear) and wearing them down so Alakazam can clean up late game. Also since Landorus and Zygarde are on this team, Magearna can take ice moves with ease and force them out. Lastly, with max SpA investment, Fleur Cannon is able to hit anything for decent amount of damage.

Zygarde @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed

Zygarde is another important part of the core as its bulk and setup capabilities make it a good late game cleaner once the opposing teams check are down and hazards are up. Thousand arrows is able to good damage on anything except for bulky grass types such as Tapu Bulu, which is why Magearna is there to help kill Zygarde's check's so that it can sweep. Dragonium Z is needed on this set so that it can break through bulkier mon's such as the Landorus T. Keep in mind if there are fairy types left on the opposing team, you should avoid setting up with this mon until they are dealt with. This team also has problems with Charizard Y, and can come in on Charizard Y if needed and either z move it or ddance and thousand arrows.

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dazzling Gleam

Mega Alakazam is one of the two sweepers on the team, and is arguably one of the best Mega's in the meta game. Alakazam fits well on this team as once Hazards are up and walls such as Magearna and Heatran are gone with the help of Zygarde, Alakazam has very good sweeping potential especially if the psychic terrain is active. Double psychic moves help deal massive damage with the modest nature and psyshock 2HKO's Chansey in the psychic terrain. Dazzling gleam is used to killed the likes of Mega Medicham, Zygarde, and Greninja which are all threats to this team. Hidden power fire Helps break through Scizor and Ferrothorn and does a decent amount of damage to Celesteela, which walls alot of this team. Zygarde or Magearna should be used to pressure the Celesteela and get chip damage on it before Alakazam tries to sweep. Mega Alakazam possesses a great ability in trace which allows it to beat rain teams by tracing swift swim and other good abilities. Lastly, Alakazam should wait as long as it can to mega evolve so that it does not take hazard damage.

Tapu Lele @ Shed Shell
Ability: Psychic Surge
Modest Nature
- Taunt
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Tapu Lele is an important part of the offensive core as it helps deal with stall, and sets up psychic terrain too boost Mega Alakazam's sweeping abilities. Shed Shell is needed so that it does not get trapped by Dugtrio when facing stall, and can hard into Landorus-T and set up rocks (if there is no Sableye). Tapu Lele also helps prevent hazards from getting up, which is needed since this team does not have a defogger or rapid spinner. Hidden power fire is needed on this team to kill the likes of Ferrothorn and Scizor which can otherwise wall a lot of this team. Taunt also helps trick room teams from setting up trick room which can be very deadly to this team since it possesses a lot of high speed tier Pokemon. Tapu Lele's main role on this team is to beat stall and set up terrain so preserving it can prove to be helpful throughout the battle.

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 Spe
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Landorus fits well on this team as it can switch into opposing Landorus and different variants of Zygarde 50%. The speed EV's are too out speed opposing defensive Landorus. The main role for Landorus though is too set up hazards and wall certain mons that can be potentially dangerous to this team such as Charizard X, Garchomp, and Scarf or z move Landorus T's. (which are on almost every OU team). U-turn is used as a momentum gainer and HP ice is needed to kill of Garchomp, Zygarde and opposing Landorus. Landorus also helps deal with the likes of Heatran and other bulky steal types that Tapu Lele and Mega Alakazam have trouble dealing with.

Greninja (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot
- Rock Slide
- Ice Beam

Although I normally do not like using Choice scarf Greninja, it serves well on this team as it wears down walls such as Tapu Fini, Landorus, as well as being able to gain momentum with a protean boosted u-turn. Greninja helps deal with threats such as opposing Greninja (especially Ash-Greninja) All of the Tapu Pokemon, and can also out speed some Pokemon after +1 stat boosts which can prove to be very useful. Overall, Greninja should be using U-turn most of the time until it has a chance to take out a mon with one of its coverage moves. Keeping its HP high its necessary so that it doesn't get taken out by strong priority move users such as Zygarde and Dragonite, and Scizor.

Here is the official import: https://pastebin.com/kXQQsnNf

Last edited:
Hello, you would play rock slide on your gren to OHKO volcarona and Pinsir .
Pinsir and volcarona can easy break your team if Volcarona have Hp ice.

Or, instead of play gren scarf, you play garchomp/nihilego scarf.

I woul suggest Rock Slide->Gunk Shot on Greninja because Volcarona can setup easily in front of Magearna and can lure Mega Char Y
Shadow Ball -> Psychic on Mega Zam to hit Alolan Marowal, Focus Blast -> HP Fire and i suggest running Timid MegaZam to outspeed AshNinja and like +2 Celesteela
I think Magearna is the one who needs the most improvement, Ice Beam -> Flash Cannon ,this is for switching in Landos and Zygardes
Those are the major changes i would do,you have stallbreaker Lele for stall i like it,Mega Zam+Psychic Terrain is cool too
I like DD Z-Drag Zygarde,it may be hard to pull off because of those Ferros and Tangrowths and Lele 2HKO´s Ferro with HP fire,you have nothing to OHKO them,not even Psychic Mega Zam on Terrain vs AV Tang or HP fire Mag vs Ferro.

I have here some replays

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-584642242 (Got really lucky with a Psychic crit)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-584649311 Got another replay here,Rock Slide Ninja saved my life,also as you see in the first turn Mag lured Lando,Mag is the worst lead tho,you always lead with Ninja lol

I woul suggest Rock Slide->Gunk Shot on Greninja because Volcarona can setup easily in front of Magearna and can lure Mega Char Y
Shadow Ball -> Psychic on Mega Zam to hit Alolan Marowal, Focus Blast -> HP Fire and i suggest running Timid MegaZam to outspeed AshNinja and like +2 Celesteela
I think Magearna is the one who needs the most improvement, Ice Beam -> Flash Cannon ,this is for switching in Landos and Zygardes
Those are the major changes i would do,you have stallbreaker Lele for stall i like it,Mega Zam+Psychic Terrain is cool too
I like DD Z-Drag Zygarde,it may be hard to pull off because of those Ferros and Tangrowths and Lele 2HKO´s Ferro with HP fire,you have nothing to OHKO them,not even Psychic Mega Zam on Terrain vs AV Tang or HP fire Mag vs Ferro.

I have here some replays

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-584642242 (Got really lucky with a Psychic crit)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-584649311 Got another replay here,Rock Slide Ninja saved my life,also as you see in the first turn Mag lured Lando,Mag is the worst lead tho,you always lead with Ninja lol
I am liking the idea of rock slide on gren for Char Y and Volcarona, However I feel that Alakazam needs the HP fire so that it does not get walled by Scizor and Ferrothron, and with the modest nature it actually OHKO's both of them. I see your point in running timid Zam too outspeed Ash Gren, but since i have an AV Mag, getting Greninja's battle bond is usually difficult for the opponent. Also,in Psychic Terrain, Psychic OHKO's Alolan Marowak and OHKO's some things that Psyshock does not. I like the idea of Having Ice beam on Magearna also. The only problem with running Ice beam on Mag is Tapu Bulu becomes a threat.

Hello, you would play rock slide on your gren to OHKO volcarona and Pinsir .
Pinsir and volcarona can easy break your team if Volcarona have Hp ice.

Or, instead of play gren scarf, you play garchomp/nihilego scarf.
I agree with you, Rock slide could do well on this team, I may test it out with different moves as im not quite sure which move i would want to replace it with.

I have here some replays

Also I watched the Clip you sent me and the crit on Alolan Marowak didnt actually Matter Psychic is a guarenteed OHKO after stealth rocks :)

Anish

luckynbad
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
hey lmDooM

cool team and the concept of pairing zam + lele w something like a dragonium zygarde is p neat imo , since you can generate set up oppurtunities. i have a couple of suggestions for this team which would hopefully improve this team a bit.

i would definitely run a timid m zam, modest isnt a great set and getting outsped by ash gren isnt fun, and i would also recommend running focus blast > dazzling gleam on zam in this team to help with pokemon like heatran and tyranitar, both of which are p good rn, while ttar can also annoy gren in this team. the main downsides of this change is that it makes stall more annoying but with shell lele you can heavily pressure stall especially since he cant sack chansey or clef to get chip on lele since other members would be more annoying for him.

i would also recommend running a more spd heavy magearna. with more special defense magearna can switch into specs gengar / tapu koko / check offensive magearna a bit better, all of which can be annoying to this team, and just means magearna gets worn down less. i would also recommend flash cannon > ice beam to give a good secondary stab which doesnt lower ur spa, while u still have def lando to check off lando, while zam and lele both can pressure def lando and even dragonium chomp can break past it w a tiny amount of chip damage.

• id recommend a adamant zygarde on this team, since it improves rolls vs vest tangrowth and def lando w devastating drake. while u do lose out on tying shell lele, you often dont need to risk the speed tie with zygarde while you have a solid check in magearna.

• id recommend running a timid nature on tapu lele, which helps with outspeeding zygarde and tying other lele while also outspeeding adamant medicham (tho that isnt a great set). you do lose some power but w chansey running hp / def it is less significant than before while the speed really helps the team.

other options

you could try running spikes > ice beam on gren here, to help wear down pokemon like steels like magearna and a muk for m zam + lele. this helps the matchup against spikes offense and just helps spread passive damage to aid your cleaners. the main downside is the inability to hit lando / zygarde at all, since ur losing out on any move to hit it, but the rest of your team can help versus that, tho dd devastating drake zygarde is now menacing if it can set up on a locked greninja.

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 200 HP / 56 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch

Zygarde @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Aura Break
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Focus Blast

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 Spe
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Tapu Lele @ Shed Shell
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Greninja (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam / Spikes
- Rock Slide

Last edited:
i say that you should run timid instead of modest on your zam to outspeed scarfers that arent fast. but thats just imo

I think Once mega Lopunny is out i will def change Zam's Nature to timid and it still out speeds Tapu koko with a modest nature. as for Magearna i might actually like the SpD in it might help for taking hits that threaten the team like gengar and i started with flash cannon and actually like both its a hard decision. I also had spikes on Greninja, but i found ice beam to be way to useful with the likes of Zygarde Scarf chomp and Lando around to replace ice beam. I also think i will change the nature on Zygarde to Adamant as well as the power is definitely nice. for tangrowth and landorus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)