Shiny: Yes
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch

The man, the myth, the bunny. Mega Lopunny is a fantastic Pokemon in the OU metagame, easily ripping HO teams to shreds, and scoring single and two hit kos on several important Pokemon you are garunteed to find on a team somewhere. Such examples may include Heatran, Ferrothorn, Garchomp, Landorus-T, Weavile, and more.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 160 Atk / 98 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Psychic

It's no secret, hoopa unbound is powerful. It's also no secret that it is utter dead weight against hyper offensive teams. So naturally, it pairs very well with Mega Lopunny. Whereas Lopunny gets walled out by Pokemon like defensive clefable, and really most pokemon that have an excess of physical bulk, Hoopa-U loves these Pokemon, and can come in on and ohko or 2hko several things that would normally wall Lopunny.

Landorus-Therian @ Soft Sand
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Landorus-T is a fantastic Pokemon in the OU metagame, and is the first part of the team's volt turn core. It also runs SD because I noticed my team was having a problem with excessively bulky teams, and a boosting move of any sort was a good way to alleviate that issue.

Thundurus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Thundurus-T is another great Pokemon, and the second part of the team's volt turn core. Most of the time, it just comes in, and builds momentum and gets chip damage by using volt switch. In addition, I've got HP ice to handle any pesky ground types that may try to get momentum off of my volt switch.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Flash Cannon
- Ancient Power
- Stealth Rock

Heatran is the team's stealth rocker, and sports a great typing for handling several threats in the OU metagame. The main reason for running Heatran however, is a huge weakness to birdspam I noticed on the team. Heatran does a fantastic job of handling talonflame or pinsir, while thundurus can come in and finish off the other bird in the core.

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

As I'm sure it's pretty obvious, volt turn is incredibly weak to hazards. Latias fit well on the team, providing a second ground immunity, water resist, fighting resist, and hazard removal. In addition, latias carries healing wish, and can give mega Lopunny or hoopa a second wind to continue destroying certain teams after being sufficiently weakened.

This is my first RMT for ORAS OU, so any help with formatting the RMT and the team itself is appreciated! The team also lacks a peak because I've only used it enough to make sure some threats didn't instantly kill it, and because I haven't taken on laddering in any capacity past testing this team.

Last edited:

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi, nice team.

The first thing I notice is you are quite weak to Fairy types like Mega Gardevoir; it's ok not to have a switch in but for example it can switch into Thundurus-T's Volt Switch before Mega Evolving and get a kill very easily. I'm not a big fan of choiced electric types because they can be real momentum sappers especially considering HP Ice isn't going to be able to take out Hippowdon which is one of the main Volt-Turn stoppers in the tier. Your team also has big problems with Weavile which is a major threat in the metagame right now. Rain teams will also have their way with you, since just about everything is 2hko'd under rain by Kingdra or Kabutops.

I do essentially think that Scarf Thundurus-T is the weak point - and I would suggest replacing it with Assault Vest Azumarill.

What this does is

A) give you a potential switch in to some powerful special attackers (i.e. Mega Diancie / Mega Gardevoir)
B) gives you a Weavile switch-in
C) gives your team an answer to Rain teams and another form of priority outside of Lopunny's Fake Out.

Next up, I would change your Landorus-T spread a little bit. Max attack and max speed is okay but a spread of 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe allows Lando-T to take 2 Life Orb Iron Heads from Excadrill and a +1 Sucker Punch from Jolly Life Orb Bisharp while outspeeding it. I would also move Stealth Rock onto it over Swords Dance; I like SD Lando-T but I think that a) Lando will set up rocks more easily than Heatran and b) SD and U-turn don't synergize all that well.

To keep a pseudo Volt-Turn core, I would recommend Baton Pass on Lopunny over Ice Punch. Defeating Lando-T or Garchomp isn't all that important when you have Hoopa, Azumarill, Latias and your own Lando-T which are all things that can wear them down well. Baton Pass allows you to scout for potential switches against your Lopunny and switch accordingly into one of your slower mons like Hoopa or Azumarill.

Last up I would suggest changing your Heatran set. With Azumarill now on the team, you've got another answer to Sand Rush Excadrill and ground types so the Air Balloon is less necessary IMO. Also with Thundurus-T gone, the team really dislikes bulky water types such as Suicune in particular (though Slowbro and Manaphy are annoying as well). I would recommend changing your Heatran to a Stallbreaking variant with Power Herb + Solar Beam. What this does is lures in typical Heatran switchins such as the aforementioned pokemon and lets you trap and defeat them. A pokemon with Taunt will also give you a secondary balance / stallbreaker outside of Hoopa which is often necessary to defeat some bulkier teams.

In short:
Thundurus-T -> Azumarill
Lando-T: New Spread & Stealth Rock
Lopunny: Baton Pass > Ice Punch
Heatran: Power Herb + Solar Beam Stallbreaker

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off / Power-Up Punch

Landorus-T @ Soft Sand
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Frustration
- High Jump Kick
- Baton Pass

Heatran @ Power Herb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Solar Beam
- Taunt
- Ancient Power / Flash Cannon

Things to try out would be whether you want Ancient Power or Flash Cannon on Heatran, Knock Off or Power-Up Punch on Azumarill, and potentially Thunderbolt > Psyshock on Latias for bulky water types and also to lure Skarmory.

Hope this was helpful!

BreloomMyHomie

Golden State Warriors Bandwagon Fan
Hey man! Nice team you have there as well as the core. Some of my friends on the ladder actually used Lopunny+Hoopa U when we're practicing for team tournaments. Lopunny just pressure offensive teams with its high speed stat while Hoopa U threatens so many defensively oriented teams. While the team looks really solid at first glance, I noticed a couple of weaknesses among your team, so there will be a few optimizations.
  • First off, I noticed that Mega Metagross and Mega Diancie just plow through your team. With its STABs and coverage moves, nothing on your team really switches into Mega Metagross. Ice Punch does a ton if not ohkoes Landorus T, Latias, and Thundurus T; Meteor Mash both 2hko Hoopa U and Lopunny, and Heatran gets destroyed by Hammer Arm. Same thing with Diancie, as everything on your team gets 2hkoed by Moonblast and/or Earth Power. Heatran is probably your only way of dealing with Diancie, but if its Air Balloon breaks, then rip. This is why I'm suggesting Scizor>Thundurus T.
  • Scizor over Thundurus T provides a switch in to both Mega Metagross and Diancie, bar HP fire sets I feel that with Lopunny to outspeed and Landorus T to take one Moonblast is enough to take on HP Fire Diancie, because they normally don't run Protect if carrying it(Though some people tend to go HP Fire>Earth Power which I personally don't prefer).
Scizor @ Life Orb / Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower / Roost
- Pursuit

• The EVs are pretty standard. I like Life Orb most of the time because it enables Scizor to have Roost, so it has reliable recovery. The EVs are pretty standard and I decided Pursuit was necessary because nothing really switches into a Life Orb Latios on offense so it's best to get rid of that huge threat as quickly as possible. One thing to remember is that you should be cautious of HP Fire Latios, as they still do carrythat.
  • This is just a quick change, but I believe that Fire Blast>Lava Plume is better on Air Balloon heatran, just because it OHKOes Mega Heracross.
GL with the team! :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)