SV OU HISUIAN GOODRA OFFENSE - PEAKED #1, 2094 ft. Thundurus-Therian

Did you know that I offer one-on-one tutoring? https://forms.gle/74XyWZxGkSpBJM26A (sign up here!)

• Yes!

Votes: 33 39.3%
  • No.

Votes: 23 27.4%
  • I still don't know...

Votes: 28 33.3%

• Total voters
Thank you very much for sharing this unique and creative team :)

One question though. How do you deal with Trick Room ? (Kingambit, Ursaluna and Hoopa especially). I was completely destroyed even if I almost managed to play around the TR turns (Ursaluna with Healing wish is a nightmare).

Maybe Tera Ghost Lando (instead of Tera Water) can wall Ursaluna's Facades ?

Last edited:
Thank you very much for sharing this unique and creative team :)

One question though. How do you deal with Trick Room ? (Kingambit, Ursaluna and Hoopa especially). I was completely destroyed even if I almost managed to play around the TR turns (Ursaluna with Healing wish is a nightmare).

Maybe Tera Ghost Lando (instead of Tera Water) can wall Ursaluna's Facades ?
Trick Room is certainly difficult, but we do have some tools. I wouldn't advise using Tera Water Landorus, since this will hurt the rain matchup a lot. The key against Trick Room is usually to sweep with either Thundurus or Kingambit. Most Trick Room teams will be vulnerable to at least one of them. Hatterene will usually KO itself early in the game with Healing Wish. Hoopa-U and Cresselia are the two things that usually need to be chipped for Thundurus to win. Ursaluna is definitely the main breaker, but it needs TR to function since much of the team can KO it easily (Valiant CC, Thundurus Tera Blast / Grass Knot, Kingambit Low Kick). During these turns, you can position yourself well to deal with Ursaluna. For instance, you could use Goodra Draco Meteor to prevent an easy entrance from Ursaluna, forcing Cresselia to Lunar Dance, perhaps prematurely. And if Cresselia does this anyway, Goodra is a fairly easy sack here, and if needed you can switch Landorus on the Headlong Rush. If Hatterene has fainted, Landorus can also set Stealth Rock. This is helpful for chipping Hoopa and Cresselia, setting up for a possible Thundurus win.

Another thing that sometimes just wins is using Kingambit Swords Dance lategame on the last turn of Trick Room. Most Trick Room teams will just drop to +2 Tera Dark Kingambit.

I'm an objectively poor comp player who's been mostly out of the mix since Gen 5. Your team description, roles and replays, were a joy to absorb. I also appreciated your instructions for how to navigate specific threats (Sneasler remains tough to navigate for me).

Anyway, I decided I'd make a smogon account to leave a comment here. The team is a blast - and it got me sniffing 1600 on ladder for the first time in many years! Thanks a bunch.

I enjoyed using this team on ladder until, grats on the peak!
However, I wanted to know how you deal with the following mons that have troubled me:
Quaquaval
Fast Set Up Zamazenta
Booster Energy Speed Tusk
With my modest competitive level, and waiting for Pinkacross reply, I may suggest using respectively:
- Tera Water Lando ?
- Encore Iron Valiant ?
- Good prediction and if GT does not have ice spinner thundurus can Tera Fly safely ?

Not sure though...

I enjoyed using this team on ladder until, grats on the peak!
However, I wanted to know how you deal with the following mons that have troubled me:
Quaquaval
Fast Set Up Zamazenta
Booster Energy Speed Tusk
Quaquaval is a bit difficult. Denying setup is the best way to deal with it-- Tera Water Landorus, Thundurus OHKO, Will-O-Wisp Cinderace, Goodra Draco Meteor (since most won't click CC right away with a Landorus on the team), and Iron Valiant Close Combat (after a Swords Dance).

Zamazenta is managed mainly by Rocky Helmet Landorus (which can run Earth Power if this pokemon is giving you repeated issues), Thundurus, and Encore Iron Valiant with Booster Energy intact.

Booster Energy Speed Tusk is also handled by Tera Water Landorus Grass Knot (or Earth Power, should you choose to run it). Encore Iron Valiant can lock it into Bulk Up, and Thundurus can OHKO. Goodra can also OHKO with Draco Meteor, although an Earthquake does threaten a KO.

Hi,
Would it be possible to update this nice team to the new meta? Or doesn't work anymore?
Same request!! I love this team. I won my for-fun league on Switch using this team. Definitely a blast to play and curious if there are any big changes for the current meta. Thanks!

Hi,
Would it be possible to update this nice team to the new meta? Or doesn't work anymore?
Same request!! I love this team. I won my for-fun league on Switch using this team. Definitely a blast to play and curious if there are any big changes for the current meta. Thanks!
I haven't tested this team in the current metagame, but I imagine it would still work decently. I would advise making Landorus a specially oriented set with Taunt over Grass Knot and Scorching Sands over Earthquake, and I would run Tera Fire on Kingambit to help with Volcarona. Additionally, you could try Galarian Slowking (Tera Water Surf ChillyReception SludgeBomb FutureSight Spdef) over Goodra.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 2)