SM OU HiiiPower - got reqs (50-20)

What are you most excited for?

• Total voters
Queen Jelly

Introduction

This is the team I used to get reqs but was actually built before the suspect started so it has changed here and there. Unfortunately I've reached a wall in improving the match up vs the 100 million threats this dong meta has, so I wanted to see what others think can be done to improve it. The team focuses on breaking with Metagross and Keldeo vs faster teams. CM Keldeo and Zygarde destroy slower teams since many ladder teams rely solely on Fini as thier water resist. The combination of dual ground pressuring steel types can facilitate a Nihilego clean late game. **Listen to the best rapper in the game A.K.A Lil Uzi Vert while reading this**

Teambuilding Process

The basis of the team was zHyper Beam Keldeo + Zygarde since keld nukes grass types/fini for Zygarde.

since keld + zyg pressures every nihi counter/check queen jelly was added. it's also the best blanket check to the zard and volc

double steel is needed on every team. ferro is a glue that helps with Metagross and Greninja pivoting and Metagross is just broken.

landorus is landorus. Lando gives rocks that I didn't want to put on ferrothorn and also a pivot for Metagross / mosa and a zmove user. also my only ground resist which is ass but yeh.

Importable: http://pastebin.com/mxVL4Rfb

The Team

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald / Surf
- Secret Sword
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Keldeo is a slept on threat right now; the ability to check Greninja, pressure all stealth rockers, and option to run scarf to become an extremely solid revenge killer or Normalium Z with hyper beam to lure Tox / Fini / Venu / Tang keeps your opponent guessing. Although it started off as hyper beam I felt that sub is much more consistent as hyper beam has become popular and players have learned to play around it. Although sub cm has been around since the beginning of time players this gen haven't seen it as much. Sub CM allows you to beat Tox and with the combination of Zygarde, stall is forced to waste Clefables pp dealing with both.

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch

Mash and Hammer are standard as you need a way to kill steel types with meta. Ice punch is used because lando is omnipresent. The last slot is always either Tpunch, Zen, or Bullet. I felt like bullet was much more needed as mosa is a tier 1 threat for the team and you can snipe it with meta. Keld + Meta is an established core from ORAS abs although we don't have zen meta beats most grass type with either Ice Punch of Mash. Everything here is standard.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Spikes
- Power Whip / Gyro Ball

Ferrothorn + Meta forms the double steel that every team needs in Gen 7. I'm running spdef since Greninja exists and eases pressure with it since we can double between and Keld and Ferro while scouting for HP Fire which gives you the momentum back. Spikes are very good rn since the main hazard removal (fini) is grounded and always gives momentum away when it decides to click defog. whip and gyro are interchangeable but whip does more to fini as they taunt. It's also more damage vs gyara which is a bigger threat than mence imo.

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 248 HP / 124 SpD / 136 Spe
Careful Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Substitute
- Coil
- Toxic

Zygarde is the best stall breaker that isn't some gas like shed shell Lele or a relic like Togekiss. The EVs were given to me by BaSr. mVenus giga drain never breaks sub
4 SpA Venusaur Giga Drain vs. 248 HP / 124+ SpD Zygarde: 67-81 (15.9 - 19.3%) -- possible 6HKO

And this allows you to outpace the regualr sub coil spread. You're still able to coil on Celes and shit like that. spikes with Zygarde are extreme good since the common switch ins such as Bulu and Tang get toxic'd which makes the residual add up.

Pokemon @ Item
Ability:
Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 144 HP / 232 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Fly
- Earthquake

Landorus is the rocker, the defensive pivot, the balance / stall breaker all in one. The EV spread is the Eplate lando with Flyiunim throw on it to poke Venusaur and Tang for Keld/Zygare. You also outpace Fini so you can rocks in its face or smack it. I've been switching between Keldeo using the z move and making this zEdge/zFly but I settled on this.

Nihilego @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Thunder / Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Hidden Power [Ice]

Nihilego is one of the best revenge killers in the tier since you're able to revenge mPinsir, Zards, Volcarona, and all Tapus. Jelly also greatly appreciates spikes (probably more than any other scarfer) from ferrothorn since the two main stabs aren't spammable early game. Since jellys spdef is so high you can generally throw it into volcarona cause they never click hp ground straight up. TRUST. but you also have Zygarde so it's all good. hp fire to snipe ferrothorn and scizor; its interchangeable with hp ice. Thunder > Tbolt cause we want DAMAGE.
252 SpA Nihilego Thunder vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Celesteela: 170-200 (42.7 - 50.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Nihilego Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Celesteela: 138-164 (34.6 - 41.2%) -- 69.5% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Nihilego Thunder vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 316-372 (94.6 - 111.3%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO 252 SpA Nihilego Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 258-304 (77.2 - 91%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Nihilego Thunder vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Toxapex: 172-204 (56.5 - 67.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery 252 SpA Nihilego Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Toxapex: 140-166 (46 - 54.6%) -- 5.9% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

Conclusion

Get up spikes with ferrothorn ASAP. Pivot between ferro and keld vs Greninja. Pivot between ferro and lando vs metagross. If you see specs phero pick a sac then scare it out. When and if it comes again click the x button and find a new game.
Thanks in advance to anyone who rates.

Shoutouts: BaSr and that's it cause the rest of ya niggas didn't help me with shit.

Replays

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7oususpecttest-534560549 Toxapex-less stall. He didn't know what he was doing but yeh.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7oususpecttest-534862954 Semi Stall. being fast than other Zygardes win the game.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7oususpecttest-534904474 buzzwole balance. Nihilego wins.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7oususpecttest-535331890 robopoke using his dong ass BP. I would've won but I calc'd wrong.

Threat List

specs gets a kill nearly every time it comes in. Can't do much about it without changing the dynamic of the team.
kind of annoying. Ferro and jelly beat it 1v1 and if it's hp fire for ferro lando walls.
finds many opportunities to sub. you can snipe it with Lando and Nihilego. Or toxic stall it with zygarde like in the replay.
even tho this mon is as bad a noveliss' hairline belly drum actually just wins.
since my initial switches are Meta and Ferrothorn jelly can come in pretty safely. Pivoting between ferro and nihi is the best course of action.
can flinch ferro (which it has) and gives a huge momentum boost to the op since keldeo doesn't like taking hydro pumps​

potentially walls every member. Usually suiciding with zygarde get it low enough to beat it with other things.
/
since my only ground reists is lando scarf chomp and lando can get out of hand.​
defensive can be a headache but they generally play it very passive so its ok. Offensive can actually sweep unless you get it to waste the z move.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)