Having sex on luxurious couch

Team Having Sex on Luxurious Couch

I named it that because that's what it feels like when you're using this team.

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Inner Focus
Quiet (+SpA, -Spe)
252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Extremespeed
- Earthquake

While lurking, I saw this set posted by Legacy Raider and decided to try it out, as I was really tired of using the same old SR leads. It's proven to be a very fun and effective lead, being able to take on a majority of the most used leads in the metagame. Unlike most leads, Dragonite is actually useful later on in the game as it can tear walls up with LO boosted 100+ BP moves that get excellent coverage, or revenge kill things with X-Speed. Usually after I KO something with Draco Meteor, people will bring in something like Salamence/Gyarados to wall me, or send in a Latias to revenge kill me. Metagross can switch into all of those and get rocks up and/or ko them, and Starmie/Rotom-H can revenge kill them if needed (or Dragonite can just come back in and X-Speed them if their HP is low enough).

Metagross @ Leftovers
Clear Body
Impish (+Def, -SpA)
252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion

Metagross pairs up very nicely with Dragonite, resisting dragon/rock/ice attacks that hit Dragonite super effectively. A lot of people switch in Latias into Dragonite after one of their mons have been kod, or on a predicted EQ/Fire Blast. Metagross counters Latias very well and can setup Stealth Rock as they switch out or do weak damage to Metagross. The bulky EV spread also helps a lot, as it can take hits from Salamence, Lucario, Gyarados, Magnezone, Tyranitar, etc, and KO all of them in return. Meteor Mash is a nice 100 bp stab move, and Earthquake gets good power and coverage. Once Metagross has goten rocks up and is low on health, it can use Explosion to KO something/do hefty damage on a wall, as Metagross is not that useful when it's low on HP since it's so slow.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Natural Cure
Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

One of the downsides with using a Dragonite lead is that the opponent almost always gets their rocks up. Starmie is a great way to get rid of those pesky entry hazards, as with a LO most opponents do not expect it to also be using Rapid Spin. LO also allows Starmie to beat many of its usual switch-ins, being able to 2HKO a Tyranitar switching in with Surf and 2HKO-OHKO Scizor with Surf after Stealth Rock damage, depending on the EV spread. Once Blissey is eliminated, Starmie is a great sweeper with a surprisingly strong STAB Surf and great coverage with Boltbeam. I originally used Hydro Pump > Surf but it seemed like Hydro Pump was missing more than it was hitting, so I decided to forgo power for accuracy.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Magic Guard
Calm (-Atk, +SpD)
252 HP / 152 Def / 100 SpD / 4 Spe
- Thunder Wave
- Encore
- Wish
- Seismic Toss

You may be thinking right now, "Why not Blissey?". Well, Clefable has an advantage over Blissey because many Sub + CM users can setup on Blissey. Clefable, however, can use Encore to prevent them from sweeping while still being able to provide Wish support for the team. Thunder Wave provides some nice par since my team is pretty slow (except for Rotom and Starmie). Magic Guard is also a very cool ability as it allows Clefable to act as a great status absorber and it is immune to all indirect damage. Seismic Toss is kind of a filler in the last slot, but it does provide some nice constant 100 damage so Clefable has at least some form of attacking.

Rotom-H @ Choice Scarf
Levitate
Timid (-Atk, +Spe)
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Rotom-H serves as my revenge killer, being able to outspeed and kill many dangerous things to my team like Lucario, Gyarados, Salamence, Scizor, Latias, etc. Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball are there for good STAB + coverage, and Overheat allows me to KO steel types which would otherwise wall this set (though I might switch to HP Ground as Heatran has been somewhat of a nuisance to this team). Trick can cripple mons like Blissey which would otherwise wall this set. Usually when I bring Rotom in I'll do a double switch just to make sure they don't have a pursuit user waiting in the wings.

Machamp @ Leftovers
No Guard
Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
- Substitute
- Dynamicpunch
- Payback
- Stone Edge

SubChamp serves as my stall breaker and TTar counter. I bring Machamp in on something that it can scare off, or something that really can't do much to harm it, and proceed to setup a Substitute. Whatever comes in will get met with a powerful attack to the face. Dynamicpunch is awesome since it has 100% acc, 100% base power, and auto-confusion, and can cause a lot of switches. Payback can KO any Rotom formes that switch in, and Stone Edge can score a KO on Salamence/Gyarados/Zapdos and friends.

Please comment/rate it. Any suggestions are welcome.

You're very weak to a Smeargle lead: it's a guaranteed spore for one of your pokemon, and with no sleep talker he'll have at least one turn to set up a substitute, put up spikes, belly drum, or any of the other host of things Smeargle loves. I would propose changing your Dragonite's item for a Lum Berry: he'll still get most of his KOs (only 3KOing Swampert unfortunately) but it means that Roserade, Smeargle, and any status lead will now be destroyed by a Draco Meteor/Earthquake + Extremespeed.

Mixape worries me about your team as well, especially if your Rotom has already traded his scarf away. Flamethrower, Hidden Power Ice, Grass Knot, Close Combat will do a huge number on your entire team, especially with Starmie using a Life Orb. You could try making your Rotom bulkier, or you could try an alternative stealth rocker to Metagross, one who isn't weak to any of those types. A Heatproof Bronzong could shrug off any of his attacks, still provide a resistance to dragons, and KO Mixape back with Earthquake.

Also, get some pictures. :)

You're very weak to a Smeargle lead: it's a guaranteed spore for one of your pokemon, and with no sleep talker he'll have at least one turn to set up a substitute, put up spikes, belly drum, or any of the other host of things Smeargle loves. I would propose changing your Dragonite's item for a Lum Berry: he'll still get most of his KOs (only 3KOing Swampert unfortunately) but it means that Roserade, Smeargle, and any status lead will now be destroyed by a Draco Meteor/Earthquake + Extremespeed.

Mixape worries me about your team as well, especially if your Rotom has already traded his scarf away. Flamethrower, Hidden Power Ice, Grass Knot, Close Combat will do a huge number on your entire team, especially with Starmie using a Life Orb. You could try making your Rotom bulkier, or you could try an alternative stealth rocker to Metagross, one who isn't weak to any of those types. A Heatproof Bronzong could shrug off any of his attacks, still provide a resistance to dragons, and KO Mixape back with Earthquake.

*Indeed Lum berry would make a better item for Dragonite.

*Starmie outspeeds Infernape so that's not a problem.

I do not suggest using Clefable, if you do need a status absorber I suggest Snorlax. he can also come in against powerful special attacks with ease (like a Draco Meteor from Latias) which is difficult for your other pokemon.

Snorlax @ leftovers/ sassy/ thick fat
244 HP, 28 Def, 236 SDef

- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Body Slam
- Earthquake

--> Simple Rest-talk lax from the analysis. This one also make a fine Heatran Counter. Body Slam has the added effect to Paralyse switch-ins (most likely Salamence and Gyarados). which screws them over.

Btw, to have a good counter against Gyarados and Salamence I suggest using Latias over Rotom because she can cover both of them better.

Latias @ choice scarf/ timid/ levitate
6 HP, 252 SAtk, 252 Spe

- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Trick

--> basicly the same idea as with Rotom. Draco Meteor OHKO's Salamence. Thunderbolt does the same to Gyarados. Surf is mainly a filler but makes you also a Mixape counter when Starmie is gone. Trick is to screw over walls like Blissey.

Hope this helped!

But they could status on the switch in natking. If thats the case, then toxic orb doesn't seem that helpful does it? But You are correct in saying that all Clefable carry toxic orbs.

Also, why did you pick Meteor Mash over Bullet Punch? I am curious. Bullet Punch seems the better option in this particular case for Metagross.

If you give your Clefable a Toxic Orb, you might want to try Facade instead of Seismic Toss- 140 BP move with STAB is pretty awesome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)